[ROM][11][UNOFFICAL][tucana] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

TheBigBadBoy

Oct 30, 2021
Hi, installed LineageOS for now a week, and absolutely love it !

I just have a few questions/remarks (sorry for my bad English) :

• [BUG] Hi-Fi sound force any music to be played with the speakers (and not the earphones, even unplugged and re-plugged).

• I was able to show the seconds (for the current time, top left when smartphone is unlocked), but how can I show the seconds on the locked screen (did not see any option to do so, except change the clock to analogic) ?
  • Again with the locked screen, is there any way to unlock using fingerprint while the screen is not turned on? (I mean, not the "double tap to turn on screen")
  • I can set the "do not disturb" mode with specific schedules (no more sounds neither vibrations). How can I still get the vibrations? The "system profiles" can do that, but without schedules (only when Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC changes).

• What are the differences between this ROM and CipherOS 2.0 (which alibei shared in this forum too?). I know the second one is OFFICIAL, Android 12, and "minimal customization". I mean, I want a custom ROM with regular updates and I love customization (then for now I'm really happy with LineageOS ^^).

I know there are a lot of questions, but I wish someone could answer me.
In anyway, thank you for this great ROM, avoiding MIUI 12.5 freezes and the impossibility to read any video/audio file.

Thank you for your time.

kingkong02

Dec 16, 2018
Thanks for this rom, I really happy with it. I am using with flamegapps and one and only problem with G.assistant voice registration. With opengapps was sync problems. The included camera app is unstable, freezing a lot.

kingkong02

Dec 16, 2018
Thanks for this rom, I really happy with it. I am using with flamegapps and one and only problem with G.assistant voice registration. With opengapps was sync problems. The included camera app is unstable, freezing a lot.
After few days using I have to change my review because many bugs appeared. For example the fingerprint can release 1 from 10. Sometimes the pattern and the fingerprint show in same time. The UBER driver navigation voice is mute. Exactly what I work with...

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
After few days using I have to change my review because many bugs appeared. For example the fingerprint can release 1 from 10. Sometimes the pattern and the fingerprint show in same time. The UBER driver navigation voice is mute. Exactly what I work with...
I don't build with A11 sources anymore. A lot has changed. I only wait for stable A12 lineage sources. All these bugs are already fixed in Cipher 12

kingkong02

Dec 16, 2018
I don't build with A11 sources anymore. A lot has changed. I only wait for stable A12 lineage sources. All these bugs are already fixed in Cipher 12
Thank you Alibei as I wrote before under Cipher 12 Nice system but I had problem with gapps and the phone got bootloop. The best thing - i guess- If the system including the gapps. Anyway those huge quick tiles terrible. :D

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thank you Alibei as I wrote before under Cipher 12 Nice system but I had problem with gapps and the phone got bootloop. The best thing - i guess- If the system including the gapps. Anyway those huge quick tiles terrible. :D
I fixed the cipher gapps today. These huge quick tiles are the aosp design also los will come with them

Last edited:

Kevin Ismail

Dec 6, 2012
Solo, Little sleepless Town
Thank you.
Installed 3 days ago. It jumped into bootloader after installing Nikgapps even all required steps were followed. So it finally works at the last attempt withoud gapps. All Google apps were downloaded manually. It seems fine so far except there is no sound and little laggy frame rate which visually noticed when playing Homescapes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

Code:
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Working:

• AOD
    • Audio
    • Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Display
    • Flash
    • FOD
    • GPS
    • Hotspot
    • Quick charge (almost 30W)
    • RIL
    • SafteyNet gets bypassed without using magisk
    • Selinux is strict (not permissive)
    • Sensors
    • Video Playback
    • Widevine L1 (for example 1080p Netflix)
    • Wifi
    • Wifi Display

Bugs so far:

• AOD has a unlock issue (blackscreen) if AntiFlicker is enabled
    • If you find one take a logcat when the error occurs. If you don't know how to take a logcat, take a look here. Then write me a PM. Also please tell me if you have gapps/magisk installed, which version and how to reproduce the bug.

Changelog:
    • You can find the changelog here
    The next update is based on prebuilt android 11 kernel and vendor😊. I will release it in the next few days.
    Just as a status update for you. The stability issue is now fixed. The FOD is now flicker free. Only colors getting slightly distorted when you press the FOD. This is because the device uses now dc dimming to dim down around the fingerprint reader. Also, FOD does not work with AOD (fingerprint reader brightness does not go up), have to look into this more. Widevine L1 is not working, only L3 (working on this). Also, I'm working on getting SafteyNet bypassed without using Magisk.
    My device is now unbricked. Had to get flashed via edl
    The new version is almost ready everything is working except the hbm mode from the fod (working on it). The batterylife is good too. Maybe you will get a selinux strict build.

Now comes a question. Should I build ForkLineage instead of Lineage? It offers faceunlock, extended screenshot and some minor changes but still being lineage.
    Also if you wish, I can provide OTA.
    The hbm mode for the fod is now fixed. And the fod is a lot faster now