• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][UNOFFICIAL/BETA] PixelExperience for Mi Pad 4

Search This thread

eyz

Oct 2, 2006
OnePlus X
Xiaomi Mi Pad
I just fresh installed the latest build and the device is able to deep sleep when the screen is off. no more power drainage in screen off mode.

but the issue of the device screen locking itself is still very prevalent. sometimes it can happen 2 or 3 times in a row.

is anyone experiencing such issue?

I just fresh installed the latest build and the device is able to deep sleep when the screen is off. no more power drainage in screen off mode.

but the issue of the device screen locking itself is still very prevalent. sometimes it can happen 2 or 3 times in a row.

is anyone experiencing such issue?
Same self locks here. It happens more often after restart on my end.

crypticc

Aug 22, 2009
London
actually actually how do I put my device into deep sleep?

Screenshot-20210908-142754.png

do you have any apps keeping wakelocks open as that will stop your device going into deepsleep?

Better Battery Stats from XDA enables the advanced setting that might help you track down wakelocks. But I tend to start bydisabling ALL notifications in ALL apps and then enabling one-by-one. for an example, I know the App that the local Taxi firm uses has an awful wakelock that will both stop device from sleeping but also drain battery at 1% or 2% every 5 minutes. If I forget to force close after ordering cab my battery can be 50% drained by the time I reach the destination.

EDIT can see you've found re-install worked for you

Reactions: eyz

eyz

Oct 2, 2006
OnePlus X
Xiaomi Mi Pad
do you have any apps keeping wakelocks open as that will stop your device going into deepsleep?

Better Battery Stats from XDA enables the advanced setting that might help you track down wakelocks. But I tend to start bydisabling ALL notifications in ALL apps and then enabling one-by-one. for an example, I know the App that the local Taxi firm uses has an awful wakelock that will both stop device from sleeping but also drain battery at 1% or 2% every 5 minutes. If I forget to force close after ordering cab my battery can be 50% drained by the time I reach the destination.

EDIT can see you've found re-install worked for you

thanks, not entirely solved after 1 or 2 charging session. it seems the device is not going to deep sleep again, but remaining in screen off state. but this round, the battery last longer, without the device feeling warm. maybe I'll give better battery stats a try first before flashing to lineage.

other than the battery issue, my device is auto locking itself for unknown reason. some time within a span of 30 seconds, it can auto lock itself for 3 to 4 times.

Same battery drain issue here. Device does not go to Deep Sleep from time to time by some reason. Tested on 2 clean reinstalls with formatting /data, /system, /vendor. Last night my Pad went to Deep Sleep only for 40 minutes and 8 hours worked on 633 MHz.
Today the device was lying 8 hours on table out of which 3 hours it was in Deep Sleep and 5 hours worked on 633MHz

Last edited:

eyz

Oct 2, 2006
OnePlus X
Xiaomi Mi Pad
mine is better now, after 2 clean install. accubattery now show the standby time of 240 hours. the apps doesn't show it going into deep sleep anymore, but the device doesn't feel warm when it's in locked mode.

does your device lock its screen itself? the device will sometimes lock itself when I change the orientation. will try to post a video later.

is there any way I can pull a log for this issue?

@mamaram9904

Same battery drain issue here. Device does not go to Deep Sleep from time to time by some reason. Tested on 2 clean reinstalls with formatting /data, /system, /vendor. Last night my Pad went to Deep Sleep only for 40 minutes and 8 hours worked on 633 MHz.
Today the device was lying 8 hours on table out of which 3 hours it was in Deep Sleep and 5 hours worked on 633MHz
Just 5% battery drain over 9hrs in idle mode. #July built. Although I use Ice Box app to hibernate/freeze 10 other apps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210920-045827.png
    Screenshot_20210920-045827.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

MissPuebla

Jul 19, 2021
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Has anyone had problems with grayscale not working?

Everything seems to be programmed to activate at dawn and nothing happens. Bedtime mode doesn't work.

This function is currently functioning ok in my other devices running Pixel Experience.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Test build of PE-11 for clover
    Xiaomi parts is disabled due to existing no working function(display color). if you need this, you should stay August build, and no miui camera.
    OK: boot, wifi, LTE, in/out camera, rotate, flipcover wake, night light, auto backlight, DT2W
    Security patch: November 2021
    try to change kernel, you can find it in the group telegram
    Thank you - am I being silly but I can't find the thread in Telegram. I've searched for Clover, Mi Pad 4, etc. in this subthread

Edit...just realised. Do you mean the MiPad4 telegram thread? (Not The one in Spanish)
    Managed to find an invite link on another thread. Thanks
    Thank you so much. Anyone try this build please check if Google Play is certified?
    Hi, I installed yesterday. Everything seems to work fine. How can I check if Google Play Is certified?
    Thank you so much. Anyone try this build please check if Google Play is certified?
    no certification in my environment.
    I have the same battery problem. Have you find a better kernel.
    Anyone have a link ?
    Hello

I installed SouthWest kernel v1.13-bpf

Found it on the AOSP MIPad 4 Telegram channel. Either that or the ROM from that means now sipping battery at this rate with nearly 99% deep sleep

Screenshot_20211128-195118_AccuBattery.png

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Mi Pad 4 [clover]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    Camera
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Lights
    Sound

Known issues
    Double tap wake is always on
    FP on Plus model doesn't work

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from AFH
    Download from AFH (Plus)
    Official TWRP

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Stay tuned

Update (Q)
    -Sync latest source
    -Security patch 2020/04/05
    Update(PE&PEPLUS)
    -Sync latest source
    -Security patch 2020/12/05

Warning: an source code was deleted to avoid building error. so this ROM may contain unkown issues. reccomend to stay 11/05 if need stability.
    OK: boot, wifi, touch, autobrightness, rotate, sound, camera, flipcover/doubletap-wake, charge, BTsound(aac, aptX), google-login
    BAD: no found
    Greetings!
    As you may already know, Pixel Experience will be getting 2 editions from now on. One is Pie Edition and the other is Plus Edition.
    The Pie Edition will have a fully Pixel-like experience, with no extra customisations, while the Plus Edition will maintain the Pixel-like feel, while adding a few extra features. (read more about this change here)
    What this means to us is that our XiaomiParts is only going to be present in the Plus Edition and it has already been removed on the latest builds of the Pie Edition.

Since our friend @mamarama9904 is busy trying to get us some Official Builds and he's also working on the wonderful SuperiorOS, I thought I'd do some building since it's been a while since we've had new builds.

Mi Pad 4 (LTE)
    Pie Edition [16 August 2019] (link removed)
    Plus Edition [16 August 2019] (link removed, check this thread for new Plus Edition builds)

Mi Pad 4 (WiFi)
    Pie Edition [17 August 2019] (link removed)
    Plus Edition [17 August 2019] (link removed, check this thread for new Plus Edition builds)

Guys, also let us know if it's worth the trouble building both editions for each update. How important is Xiaomi Parts for you? Do you even use it? :cowboy:

UPDATE: As our friend @knoopx suggested here I'm adding different builds for WiFi and LTE versions. The only difference between them is that the WiFi version is missing the Dialer app, Messaging app and all the Telephony-related services.

UPDATE 2: Links were changed from Google Drive to MEGA.

UPDATE 3: Removed links
    Update
    -Sync latest source
    -Security patch 2020/06/05
    I updated the device trees so clean install may be needed.