[ROM][11][UNOFFICIAL][DISCONTINUED] Pixel Experience [Mi A2/jasmine_sprout][AOSP]

Search This thread

rbritton

Dec 22, 2019

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Mi A2 [jasmine_sprout]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from Github

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Last edited:

John Hitch

May 1, 2016
Angra dos Reis
I didn't find any bugs. the only thing that bothered me a little bit was the user interface, which is quite unstable. Using dynamic wallpapers, the system is slow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Mi A2 [jasmine_sprout]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Github

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

I pushed the new release. There are four versions at the moment (pe, pe+, pe 4.4, pe+ 4.4).

The non-4.4 versions use a different device tree that has less bugs, and is what I plan on using from now on. Sadly, you must do a reset to use it...

If you don't want to do that right now I've added the 4.4 builds that use the old device tree, which you can upgrade to without resetting, but I will stop building it at some point since the new one works better.

If you do a wipe, I would highly recommend installing stock firmware V11.0.28.0.QDIMIXM prior to install. It's the last vendor security update Xiaomi will give the Mi A2 (still get Android security updates though).

Anyway, hope you all think this version is better and let me know of any bugs you find (with version used please).

Release notes:

New Release (non-4.4):
    • Switches to halcyon 4.19 kernel
    • Fixes deep sleep
    • Fixes GCam ports crashing
    • Fixes WiFi displays
    • August security patch
    New Release (4.4):
    • Fixes deep sleep
    • August security patch
    100% last night and restarted this is the log and usage of battery attached
    Okay what I think is happening is that you may have older firmware without QTI bluetooth support, causing the service to crash and restart a lot. In a release later today I'll revert to not using QTI which I think will fix that.
    On the latest build, the animation for opening apps is choppy, which is weird, as the last build had the smoothest animations of any ROM I'd ever used, and Okay Google doesn't work, I've had no issues other than those.
    yep, animation seems a little bit laggy
    Sorry about that I hadn't tested blurs with a static wallpaper, I see that lag now. I'll disable blurs by default in the release today, or you can do it now in developer settings. Also I'll fix the Okay Google.
    I must say this is one of the best MiA2 ROM I've ever used! I have just 1 request. Please add flashing instructions on the first post, if you could. Thanks again!
    I'm glad you like it! I've also added the firmware + installation guide at the bottom, thanks for the suggestion.
    Why not release after getting "June Security Patches" ?
    I wanted to fix these bugs before then (the security patch won't be available until around 2 weeks from now).