• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][UNOFFICIAL][laurel_sprout][OSS] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

maluus

Dec 26, 2010
Ankara
Thanks for the build! It fully works and I was able to install it on a first try. Could you explain in detail the procedure to install Magisk? I would normally patch a boot.img file, but I couldn't find it.

Download latest magisk apk. Rename the file so that extension is .zip instead .apk. Sideload it and you are good to go. (Described in the guide at first page)

Last edited:
Reactions: ioachimvs

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Thanks for the build! It fully works and I was able to install it on a first try.

Could you explain in detail the procedure to install Magisk? I would normally patch a boot.img file, but I couldn't find it.
Download magisk23.apk, rename to magisk23.zip, reboot into los recovery, apply update, via adb. From terminal type this command adb sideload magisk23.zip, reboot system, click magisk on app list, update it. Your device is now rooted. Best and easy way, you don't need extract boot img from rom. If you want to see the detailed guide, look into the official magisk site. Google os your friend

kir23rus

Jan 1, 2017
New build is up

Changelog:

- Kernel upstreamed to 4.14.237
- Merged LA.UM.9.11.r1-03900-NICOBAR.0 caf tag into kernel
- Updated wireguard kernel module to 1.0.20210606
- Low mic volume for some users should be fixed (this will break google sound recorder, but since LineageOS ships sound recorder by default I don't think this is big of an issue)
- LineageOS sources sync

Download:
SourceForge
Which toolchain do I have to use to build kernel? Which defconfig do I have to use? Is it neccesary to use 2 toolchains? (CROSS_COMPILE and CROSS_COMPILE_ARM32)? What else I might need to build the kernel?

Charles IV

Jan 15, 2016
Is anyone else unable to use the fingerprint sensor when 'Night Light' is on? I've noticed the fingerprint sensor is more unreliable in general than before when I was using a non OSS vendor 17.1 rom, but when night light is enabled, it doesn't work at all.

Reactions: Sairagav

komrad.xxx

Nov 9, 2020
Hi! I installed your firmware, everything works perfectly!network, performance, applications, sound!
The fingerprint does not work well and the camera needs to be replaced! Thanks! Whether there will be a correction and when.

komrad.xxx

Nov 9, 2020
Кто-нибудь еще не может использовать датчик отпечатков пальцев, когда включен «Ночной свет»? Я заметил, что датчик отпечатков пальцев в целом более ненадежен, чем раньше, когда я использовал ПЗУ 17.1 не поставщика OSS, но когда включен ночной свет, он вообще не работает.
+100500

gandoo

Aug 9, 2021
Got an RSS notification from SourceForge that you uploaded

lineage-18.1-20210917-UNOFFICIAL-laurel_sprout.zip
and
LinageOSRecovery20210917.img

but then when I went to download, it was taken down :(

Hobbi1

Dec 12, 2020
Xiaomi Mi A3
Hi everyone!

I am new registered, but have been following XDA for a long time.

I wanted to know why it's impossible to find an official version of lineageOS for the Mi A3?

I'm stuck on android 10 and September 2020 security patch because of the European version which was completely abandoned by google and xiaomi.

I would like to upgrade to LineageOS but I was hoping for an official version that exists for Mi A2 and Mi A1 but not for Mi A3? Why?

Finally, do you think lineageOS 19 on Android 12 will be available for the Mi A3?

Thank you in advance for your answers

PS : Sorry if my questions are maybe stupid, I'm french, it's probably because of that 😅🤣

Reactions: L1p1c1

maluus

Dec 26, 2010
Ankara
Hi everyone!

I am new registered, but have been following XDA for a long time.

I wanted to know why it's impossible to find an official version of lineageOS for the Mi A3?

I'm stuck on android 10 and September 2020 security patch because of the European version which was completely abandoned by google and xiaomi.

I would like to upgrade to LineageOS but I was hoping for an official version that exists for Mi A2 and Mi A1 but not for Mi A3? Why?

Finally, do you think lineageOS 19 on Android 12 will be available for the Mi A3?

Thank you in advance for your answers

PS : Sorry if my questions are maybe stupid, I'm french, it's probably because of that 😅🤣
Well, afaik being official is mostly about someone who has enough spare time to maintain the device to step up and volunteer. Which aparently we don't have. This doesn't mean that this rom here is not on par with official builds for other devices. I'm using this rom since the day one I got the phone as daily driver. Of course having maintainer and getting daily or weekly builds is a nice plus but at least we have fellows here like @Harukey who are nice enough to share their personal builds with us.

maluus

Dec 26, 2010
Ankara
For the last two builds during calls sound is good and clear without any problem for me but other side complains about severe echo especially with wired headphone. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okpze5-png.5152475

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads :
    DO NOT USE TWRP OR ANY OTHER CUSTOM RECOVERY. READ INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLING

SourceForge folder (includes rom, LineageOS recovery image)
    OpenGapps
    Magisk

Installation :
    You MUST have unlocked botloader and running latest stock android 11 on your phone
    You can find information about installing and using adb here
    1) Flash LineageOS recovery via fastboot using command
    fastboot flash boot <name of the file>
    2) Reboot to recovery
    3) Download copy-partitions-20200903_1329.zip (this script makes sure both slots on your phone uses same firmware by copying it from active to inactive slot and was created by official LineageOS maintainers)
    4) Navigate Apply update -> apply from ADB
    5) Sideload copy-partitions-20200903_1329.zip using command
    adb sideload copy-partitions-20200903_1329.zip
    Tap 'continue' on your phone when prompted
    6) Perform factory reset
    7) Navigate Apply update -> apply from ADB
    8) Sideload rom .zip
    adb sideload <rom zip name>
    9) Reboot recovery (Advanced -> Reboot to recovery)
    Now you can sideload gapps or magisk if you need them (recovery might give you a warning about flashing unsigned files, just click second option and installation process will continue)
    10) Navigate Apply update -> apply from ADB
    11) Sideload rom .zip
    adb sideload <zip name>
    * For new Magisk versions change file extension to zip to be able to sideload it
    12) Tap 'Reboot system now'

Updating to a new version:
    1) Reboot recovery
    2) Navigate Apply update -> apply from ADB
    3) Sideload rom .zip using
    adb sideload <rom zip name>
    4) Reboot recovery (Advanced -> Reboot to recovery)
    Now you need to sideload gapps or magisk if had them installed (recovery might give you a warning about flashing unsigned files, just click second option and installation process will continue)
    5) Navigate Apply update -> apply from ADB
    6) Sideload .zip package
    adb sideload <zip name>
    * For new Magisk versions change file extension to zip to be able to sideload it
    7) Tap 'Reboot system now'

Notes :
    - This is personal build for my own usage, I'm just sharing it
    - Custom recoveries, kernels, mods are not supported

Trees :

Common tree: https://github.com/HarukeyUA/android_device_xiaomi_sm6125-common
    Device tree: https://github.com/HarukeyUA/android_device_xiaomi_laurel_sprout
    Kernel: https://github.com/HarukeyUA/android_kernel_xiaomi_laurel_sprout
    Vendor: https://github.com/HarukeyUA/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi
    New build is up.

- LineageOS sources update
    - Kernel upstreamed to 4.14.232
    - Expose correct vulkan feature and deqp levels
    - Included fix for tts settings crash

Download: SourceForge
    Sorry for lack of participation in thread, new build is up.
    Notable changes:
    - LineageOS source sync
    - Fixed brightness scaling (credits @Vishalcj17)
    - Added qti thermal hal
    - Synced some props with stock rom (ril, sesnsors, media)
    - Switched to 1.1 qti bootctrl hal
    - Fixed aux cameras (tested with latest parrot gcam)
    - Merged LA.UM.9.11.r1-03600-NICOBAR.0 caf tag and 4.14.229 to kernel

Download
    New build is up

Changelog:

- Kernel upstreamed to 4.14.237
    - Merged LA.UM.9.11.r1-03900-NICOBAR.0 caf tag into kernel
    - Updated wireguard kernel module to 1.0.20210606
    - Low mic volume for some users should be fixed (this will break google sound recorder, but since LineageOS ships sound recorder by default I don't think this is big of an issue)
    - LineageOS sources sync

Download:
    SourceForge
    hey @Harukey hope you build with this month's update :) appreciate you sharing the personal rom you build for yourself, thanks