LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Wiki for more details.
1. lineage-18.1 comes with adb root that you can enable in developer options, but if you want root for apps, you can install the magisk manager apk, then follow these boot.img patching instructions.
pixel 3 - blueline: https://sourceforge.net/projects/razorloves-lineage/files/blueline/
pixel 3 xl - crosshatch: https://sourceforge.net/projects/razorloves-lineage/files/crosshatch/
gapps zip: (optional): https://sourceforge.net/projects/ra...n_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20201121.zip/download
Google Fi addon: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ra...-gapps-addon-arm64-11.0-20201103.zip/download (if you're on Google Fi, install this zip right after installing gapps zip.)
Android Auto addon: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ra...-gapps-addon-arm64-11.0-20201121.zip/download (if you want android auto, install this after installing gapps zip)
1. boot into lineage recovery. (if initial lineage install or upgrading from lineage-17.1, do this: fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img, then select Recovery Mode)
2. if initial lineage install, factory reset to format data.
3. install rom zip.
4. if you want gapps, select 'Advanced', then select 'Reboot into recovery', then install the gapps zips.
5. you're done... select 'Reboot system now'.
1. when you format data in lineage recovery, you might see "cant send spi message". you can ignore it.
2. if you don't install gapps, the esim manager app and carrier services app will crash because they need gapps, so just disable them with these commands:
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.google.android.euicc
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.google.android.ims
crosshatch device tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_google_crosshatch/tree/lineage-18.1
blueline device tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_google_blueline/tree/lineage-18.1
kernel tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_msm-4.9/tree/lineage-18.1
vendor tree: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_google/tree/lineage-18.1
Many thanks to my fellow LineageOS team members and all the contributors out there in the community. :good:
Android version: 11
Kernel version: 4.9.232