[ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 - microG [OnePlus Nord/avicii]

Search This thread

deigo775

Aug 15, 2020
Thank You so much Really happy I have A Question Can we get A Official Rom In the future and when Thanks again....

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
Thank You so much Really happy I have A Question Can we get A Official Rom In the future and when Thanks again....
Yeah I definitely have the plan to apply as an official LineageOS maintainer for the OnePlus Nord.
Until I can do so there is still some development work to do.
Right now I am working on the source built kernel. It will take some time.
But yeah, it is on the roadmap.

afrodyzjaczek

Jan 13, 2013
Hello,
I have problem with flashing this rom, namely currently I am on Lineageos 17.1 and when i go bootloader/ recovery mode everything it is ok, but when i flashed recovery from post 1 and i go into recovery mode and try to sideload rom, my computer has not found my cell phone. I have Google USB driver and on recovery 17.1 everything it`s ok i can flash rom etc only this problem is on recovery 18.1. Any idea to solve this? mayby someone has or had this same problem?. Regards

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
Hello,
I have problem with flashing this rom, namely currently I am on Lineageos 17.1 and when i go bootloader/ recovery mode everything it is ok, but when i flashed recovery from post 1 and i go into recovery mode and try to sideload rom, my computer has not found my cell phone. I have Google USB driver and on recovery 17.1 everything it`s ok i can flash rom etc only this problem is on recovery 18.1. Any idea to solve this? mayby someone has or had this same problem?. Regards
Hey,
to me it sounds like you have wrong / outdated versions of adb & fastboot or are using wrong /outdated adb drivers.
Please uninstall your adb & fastboot and the Google USB driver you mentioned.
Then go ahead and download & install universal adb drivers from here: https://adb.clockworkmod.com/ aswell as tiny adb & fastboot from here: https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-windows-tiny-adb-fastboot-august-2021.3944288/

Afterwards try again to install this ROM and make sure to follow the instruction steps closely.

Would someone please give me an estimate idea of what SOT would anyone be expecting
I am getting 10 hours of SoT using the microG ROM on my personal device.
Please note that this can vary depending on your battery condition and the apps you installed.

Akashi143

Sep 19, 2013
Hey,
to me it sounds like you have wrong / outdated versions of adb & fastboot or are using wrong /outdated adb drivers.
Then go ahead and download & install universal adb drivers from here: https://adb.clockworkmod.com/ aswell as tiny adb & fastboot from here: https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-windows-tiny-adb-fastboot-august-2021.3944288/

Afterwards try again to install this ROM and make sure to follow the instruction steps closely.

I am getting 10 hours of SoT using the microG ROM on my personal device.
Please note that this can vary depending on your battery condition and the apps you installed.
Thanks for the response and super duper excited just waiting for the kernel then I'm flashing
Sorry for the dumb question but microG means with Google Play and youtube? Or just vanced? Also does that mean 1 simcard with only wifi for 10hrs sot?? Cuz I'm doing crazy stuff like disable tap to unlock, bloatwares,pocket mode, bluetooth/wifi scan, diagnosis, gesture,face unlock,gmail,yt music,gdrive,Facebook,gplay auto update,OnePlus memebership, nfc,auto rotate, voice activation, message chat features, gyroscope,find my phone, animations none,every vibration expect calls,etc and getting 6-7 sot with only wifi and 1 sim with latest stock clean install. (10% remaining battery)

Last edited:

HMTheBoy154

Sorry for the dumb question but microG means with Google Play and youtube? Or just vanced?

I think you are confused with the microG that came along with Youtube Vanced and microG in this build. The Vanced one is made to work with Youtube Vanced login and only that. But this integrated one is made as a complete replacement for Google Play Serives aka GMS, which is lighter than GMS and it's FLOSS (Free Libre Open Source Software) unlike GMS. Although it's lighter and more battery-friendly, keep in mind that not every apps works with microG.

5fusion

Oct 2, 2012
OnePlus Nord

Attachments

• Imagepipe_0 (1).jpg
    Imagepipe_0 (1).jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: MajorP93

afrodyzjaczek

Jan 13, 2013
Hey,

Thanks for advice, but this solution doesn't work for me :/

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
Thanks for advice, but this solution doesn't work for me :/
When you are in the new recovery click on apply update --> apply from adb.
Then please unplug your device and plug it in again.
Now go to device manager (given that you are using Windows), locate your device and perform a right click.
Select uninstall device and tick the "delete driver" option.
Confirm the selection and reboot your PC while having the phone still attached via cable and the apply from adb menu still open.
Now re-install the adb driver and reboot the PC again (as mentioned before keep the phone in the state it is in).
Then try to adb sideload again.

This should fix the issue you described in most cases.

arminnnq

Apr 10, 2021
OnePlus Nord
Is there any possibility to move the dock icons on the Trebuchet launcher down just a little bit? It always seems to me like there's a bit of space wasted, like I'm supposed to have the search bar between the dock and the gesture pill, but I use none, so I'd rather have the dock placed lower. I know this is just the way LOS is and you can't do anything about it, but perhaps any solution on the Magisk side or something?

arminnnq

Apr 10, 2021
OnePlus Nord

I think the "height padding" function might be what you're looking for...
The thing is Nova launcher (or any launcher other than Trebuchet) doesn't work that well with gestures navigation and it's sort of annoying, so I'm stuck with Trebuchet.

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
UPDATE 2021-09-29

Changelog:

Both versions:

- Switched to source built kernel
- General performance and stability improvements
- Fixed NFC in source built kernel
- Fixed DT2W
- Updated FOD behavior
- Fixed FOD unlock from AOD screen
- Added support for NXP secure element
- Updated display profile behavior
- Improved touch gestures

Download links to the new versions have been added to the original post.

For update instructions please refer to the second post of this thread.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    los-microg-logo.jpg

You care a lot about privacy and security? You want an up to date LineageOS build that will not hold you back in regards of user experience?
    Then LineageOS 20 microG edition is right for you! (Non-microG vanilla LineageOS version also available).​
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    GPS
    Alert Slider
    NFC
    DT2W

Known issues :
    -

Versions :
    There are 2 versions available:
    -LineageOS 20 with microG (includes microG, FDroid and AuroraStore)
    -LineageOS 20 vanilla (no Gapps / nothing added)

In order to prevent problems please use the recovery image included in this release!

Instructions :

-Download the ROM and recovery image
    -Boot into bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
    -Boot the recovery image: fastboot boot recovery.img
    -Format data / do a factory reset in recovery
    -Go to Apply update and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the rom: adb sideload rom.zip

Please note:
    in order to enable push notifications open up microG services core,
    set up your Google account and enable device registration & cloud messaging.

Downloads :
    -Recovery image: *Link*
    -LineageOS 20 with microG included: *Link*
    -LineageOS 20 vanilla (no Gapps included): *Link*

Android OS version: 13
    Build author/ROM Maintainer: @MajorP93, @KakatkarAkshay
    Kernel Source: *Link*
    Device Tree: *Link*

Based on: LineageOS
    Current Stable Version: 20
    Stable Release Date: Updated monthly
    Created: 2023-01-22
    Last Updated: 2023-02-20
    Telegram Group: *Link*

Special Thanks:
    - to the LineageOS and microG team
    - @KakatkarAkshay for putting in awesome work towards bringing up OOS12 firmware based trees.​

HOW TO GET GAPPS IN THE VANILLA VERSION OF THIS ROM:
    Reference: *Link*

Follow these steps:
    -Download Gapps from here: *Link* (MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64)
    -Boot into bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
    -Boot the recovery image: fastboot boot recovery.img
    -Format data / do a factory reset in recovery
    -Go to Apply update and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the vanilla version of the rom: adb sideload rom.zip
    -Reboot into recovery: click advanced --> reboot to recovery (!important do not start LineageOS yet)
    -Go to Apply update again and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the Gapps package you just downloaded: adb sideload gapps.zip, when prompted select "install anyway" after the "signature verification" message.

UPDATING THE ROM:

Unless I say the opposite in the update announcement, this ROM can be updated using the dirty flash method.

In order to do so, follow these steps:
    -Download the new version of the ROM you are using (microG/vanilla)
    -Reboot into recovery: adb reboot recovery
    -DO NOT CLICK ON FACTORY RESET / WIPE DATA
    -Flash the Zip-File of the new ROM: adb sideload rom.zip

Important: if you are using the vanilla version of the ROM,
    you have to re-flash Gapps after updating and before starting LineageOS:
    -Reboot into recovery: click advanced --> reboot to recovery
    -Go to Apply update again and choose Apply from ADB
    -Download Gapps from the link above
    -Sideload the Gapps package you just downloaded: adb sideload gapps.zip, when prompted select "install anyway" after the "signature verification" message.
    UPDATE 2021-09-29

Changelog:

Both versions:

- Switched to source built kernel
    - General performance and stability improvements
    - Fixed NFC in source built kernel
    - Fixed DT2W
    - Updated FOD behavior
    - Fixed FOD unlock from AOD screen
    - Added support for NXP secure element
    - Updated display profile behavior
    - Improved touch gestures

For update instructions please refer to the second post of this thread.
    We reached our crowdfunding goal of 300€!
    I just purchased a used Nord device.
    @Keertesh is currently working on finding the best option for purchasing his second Nord device.

Thanks a lot to everyone who donated! We are a great community!
    We already started working on the scratch bringup.
    UPDATE 2023-01-22

New major release LineageOS 20.0

Changelog:

Both versions:
    - Initial release
    - Android 13

Please note:
    While upgrading from our latest LineageOS 19.1 release to this LineageOS 20.0 release using the dirty flash method worked in our tests it is strongly recommended to backup your important data before doing so.
    If possible do a clean flash instead as it can prevent issues when upgrading to a new major release / new version of Android.

If you like our work and want to support us you can tip us a beer by donating to one (or both) of our PayPal accounts:

Keertesh19: https://paypal.me/keertesh83

MajorP93: https://paypal.me/MajorP93