[ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 - microG [OnePlus Nord/avicii]

Search This thread

likenatural

Dec 29, 2011
The fingerprint scanner does not work properly, once 90Hz is forced. Not possible to unlock the screen from the first attempt.
Think this is not related to 90Hz in my case. With dark mode on, this happens, can't unlock most of the time. With dark mode off, works fine. Otherwise a great rom for daily driver. Thanks.

jfedotov

Jul 23, 2016
Think this is not related to 90Hz in my case. With dark mode on, this happens, can't unlock most of the time. With dark mode off, works fine. Otherwise a great rom for daily driver. Thanks.
Maybe :) but according to the developer of this ROM, it's just in your imagination... All fixed and nobody has that issue.

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
I use the ROM as a daily driver myself and gotta say that FOD works even with dark mode enabled.

Anyways you are welcome to join my telegram group. We can try to look at your problem in detail.

On a side note: when entering FOD mode the phone will always use 60Hz. I set it to be like that because in 60Hz mode the FOD detection rate is higher. When fingerprint got detected your phone will use the mode you set in display settings.
This means that technically your FOD detection rate can't be worse when you enable 90Hz mode in settings.

likenatural

Dec 29, 2011
I use the ROM as a daily driver myself and gotta say that FOD works even with dark mode enabled.

Anyways you are welcome to join my telegram group. We can try to look at your problem in detail.

On a side note: when entering FOD mode the phone will always use 60Hz. I set it to be like that because in 60Hz mode the FOD detection rate is higher. When fingerprint got detected your phone will use the mode you set in display settings.
This means that technically your FOD detection rate can't be worse when you enable 90Hz mode in settings.
Have removed naptime app, and this fingerprint problem is not seen much after that. May be because of naptime freezing some system components, which is not loading properly during unlock. Thanks dev and all for the support.

Reactions: MajorP93

DarkFantasy6

Oct 21, 2012
Im running the rom now on my new Nord. Everything seems to work fine for now. Let's see what the battery lifetime will be. One question: How do you flash additonal zips? I tried flashing openGapps and Magisk with the supplied lineage recovery but that didn't work, so I did the following:

- Flash lineage recovery
- Flash vanilla lineage os
- Boot the testing TWRP available recovery from XDA
- Flash openGapps and Magisk there

This worked fine. Should it also work in lineage os recovery?

Yusef Kifah

Aug 31, 2014
OnePlus Nord
Hi @MajorP93 great work so far! However, just wanted to ask a few questions before I flash. 😁

Does this work with the latest OOS firmware 11.1.6.6? AC2003 - AC01AA

Is it possible to use OOS camera with this ROM? Is it pre-installed in this build? Wide angle/macro/4k 60fps working fine? Third Party apps camera ok?

Banking apps, all ok? With or without Magiskhide?

Thanks and hope your build becomes official!

mtb-defy

Apr 22, 2011
Hi!
I'm thinking about switching to your build as the stock rom doesn't support 5G (n78) for my provider (o2 germany).
Does 5G work for that band with your build?

Reactions: Tuxi1990

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
Passing Safety Net check on microG is not possible at this moment.
Not because of the ROM but rather because of microG.
You can still enable the "SafetyNet" option in micro services core app which will enable most of the apps that require safety net to work.

Im running the rom now on my new Nord. Everything seems to work fine for now. Let's see what the battery lifetime will be. One question: How do you flash additonal zips? I tried flashing openGapps and Magisk with the supplied lineage recovery but that didn't work, so I did the following:

- Flash lineage recovery
- Flash vanilla lineage os
- Boot the testing TWRP available recovery from XDA
- Flash openGapps and Magisk there

This worked fine. Should it also work in lineage os recovery?
Flashing OpenGapps is supported in LineageOS recovery. Instructions can be found in the second post of this thread.
Flashing magisk zip in LineageOS recovery is not supported.
Extracting boot.img from ROM zip (by dumping the payload), patching it with magisk and flashing it using fastboot is the recommended method for installing magisk.
Your method (booting/flashing TWRP after LineageOS has been installed successfully) also works.

Hi @MajorP93 great work so far! However, just wanted to ask a few questions before I flash. 😁

Does this work with the latest OOS firmware 11.1.6.6? AC2003 - AC01AA

Is it possible to use OOS camera with this ROM? Is it pre-installed in this build? Wide angle/macro/4k 60fps working fine? Third Party apps camera ok?

Banking apps, all ok? With or without Magiskhide?

Thanks and hope your build becomes official!
Hi!
Yes, you can flash this ROM when you are running OOS 11.1.6.6.
OOS Camera is not included in this build.
There are download links and instructions for installing GCam in my telegram group (link to the group can be found in the first post).

Regarding banking apps: in vanilla ROM banking apps are working after OpenGapps have been installed.
In microG ROM most banking apps work after enabling safety net in microG services core app.
Magiskhide is only required if you rooted your phone.

Best regards

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
UPDATE 2021-11-16

Changelog:

Both versions:

- Android security patch november 2021
- General stability improvements

microG version:
- Updated FDroid to 1.13.1 (1013051)

Download links to the new versions have been added to the original post.

For update instructions please refer to the second post of this thread.

errdos

Mar 2, 2012
Thanks for the great ROM!!!
installed it 2 days ago so not much of usage miles but I can give my two cents if people comes across the same issue that I had.

1. fingerprint didnt work sometimes when opening the phone
    problem: ambient screen caused the screen to be too dark and fingerprint didnt recognize. (you can see that if you close and open it few times the screen is lighter and it works)
    solution: disable ambient screen
  2. root and safetynet check
    problem: wanted to install magisk with safetynet passing
    solution:
    1. extract paylaod.img from zip.
    2. use https://github.com/vm03/payload_dumper to extract boot.img
    3. copy boot img to phone and patch it via magisk app
    4. use fastboot to load via this boot img (test that everything is ok) and use magisk to direct install it on to phone boot.img
    5. install props model in magisk and run it via tmux to solve safetynet.
hope that helps other people with the same issues as me~
good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: MajorP93

topperdoggle

Dec 27, 2011
I'm very excited to try this over the weekend. My Nord has been a massive disappointment compared to my 3T. With the factory firmware, the WiFi and Bluetooth somehow got in each others' way, and my Bluetooth connections kept dropping. Since then, I've been using the official LineageOS 17.1 nightlies which solved that problem but have problems of their own e.g. Google Assistant button not working.

As this is LineageOS as well, might I be able to do a dirty flash, just deleting cache? I really want to try it but the whole thing of going through a Titanium Backup, needing to back up some apps and not others, is just painful...

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
I'm very excited to try this over the weekend. My Nord has been a massive disappointment compared to my 3T. With the factory firmware, the WiFi and Bluetooth somehow got in each others' way, and my Bluetooth connections kept dropping. Since then, I've been using the official LineageOS 17.1 nightlies which solved that problem but have problems of their own e.g. Google Assistant button not working.

As this is LineageOS as well, might I be able to do a dirty flash, just deleting cache? I really want to try it but the whole thing of going through a Titanium Backup, needing to back up some apps and not others, is just painful...
Hey,
it is highly recommended to perform a clean flash when switching to a new major release version of Android.
(LineageOS 17.1 is based on Android 10 while LineageOS 18.1 is based on Android 11).

You would most certainly encounter problems when performing a dirty flash upgrade.

I can recommend "Migrate" app from play store for this process. It will backup your apps, data, contacts, calendar entries, SMS, call logs and store it in a flashable zip.
After installing LineageOS 18.1 you can flash this zip using the "Migrate flasher" app.

Please note that you will need the vanilla version of this ROM in addition to OpenGApps Nano for Google Assistant to work.
You can find the instructions in the second post of this thread, just use Nano instead of Pico.

Best regards

topperdoggle

Dec 27, 2011
Hey,
it is highly recommended to perform a clean flash when switching to a new major release version of Android.
(LineageOS 17.1 is based on Android 10 while LineageOS 18.1 is based on Android 11).

You would most certainly encounter problems when performing a dirty flash upgrade.

I can recommend "Migrate" app from play store for this process. It will backup your apps, data, contacts, calendar entries, SMS, call logs and store it in a flashable zip.
After installing LineageOS 18.1 you can flash this zip using the "Migrate flasher" app.

Please note that you will need the vanilla version of this ROM in addition to OpenGApps Nano for Google Assistant to work.
You can find the instructions in the second post of this thread, just use Nano instead of Pico.

Best regards
Thanks. Just out of interest, what's the main difference between wiping data and using an app like Migrate - doesn't the app restore all the data?

JaffaMeme

Sep 23, 2020
Good work man, do you think you'd ever be willing to make build instructions for LOS 18.1 on the Nord? I understand it may not be practically possible if the changes you have made are fairly specific.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    los-microg-logo.jpg

You care a lot about privacy and security? You want an up to date LineageOS build that will not hold you back in regards of user experience?
    Then LineageOS 20 microG edition is right for you! (Non-microG vanilla LineageOS version also available).​
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    GPS
    Alert Slider
    NFC
    DT2W

Known issues :
    -

Versions :
    There are 2 versions available:
    -LineageOS 20 with microG (includes microG, FDroid and AuroraStore)
    -LineageOS 20 vanilla (no Gapps / nothing added)

In order to prevent problems please use the recovery image included in this release!

Instructions :

-Download the ROM and recovery image
    -Boot into bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
    -Boot the recovery image: fastboot boot recovery.img
    -Format data / do a factory reset in recovery
    -Go to Apply update and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the rom: adb sideload rom.zip

Please note:
    in order to enable push notifications open up microG services core,
    set up your Google account and enable device registration & cloud messaging.

Downloads :
    -Recovery image: *Link*
    -LineageOS 20 with microG included: *Link*
    -LineageOS 20 vanilla (no Gapps included): *Link*

Android OS version: 13
    Build author/ROM Maintainer: @MajorP93, @KakatkarAkshay
    Kernel Source: *Link*
    Device Tree: *Link*

Based on: LineageOS
    Current Stable Version: 20
    Stable Release Date: Updated monthly
    Created: 2023-01-22
    Last Updated: 2023-02-20
    Telegram Group: *Link*

Special Thanks:
    - to the LineageOS and microG team
    - @KakatkarAkshay for putting in awesome work towards bringing up OOS12 firmware based trees.​

HOW TO GET GAPPS IN THE VANILLA VERSION OF THIS ROM:
    Reference: *Link*

Follow these steps:
    -Download Gapps from here: *Link* (MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64)
    -Boot into bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
    -Boot the recovery image: fastboot boot recovery.img
    -Format data / do a factory reset in recovery
    -Go to Apply update and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the vanilla version of the rom: adb sideload rom.zip
    -Reboot into recovery: click advanced --> reboot to recovery (!important do not start LineageOS yet)
    -Go to Apply update again and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the Gapps package you just downloaded: adb sideload gapps.zip, when prompted select "install anyway" after the "signature verification" message.

UPDATING THE ROM:

Unless I say the opposite in the update announcement, this ROM can be updated using the dirty flash method.

In order to do so, follow these steps:
    -Download the new version of the ROM you are using (microG/vanilla)
    -Reboot into recovery: adb reboot recovery
    -DO NOT CLICK ON FACTORY RESET / WIPE DATA
    -Flash the Zip-File of the new ROM: adb sideload rom.zip

Important: if you are using the vanilla version of the ROM,
    you have to re-flash Gapps after updating and before starting LineageOS:
    -Reboot into recovery: click advanced --> reboot to recovery
    -Go to Apply update again and choose Apply from ADB
    -Download Gapps from the link above
    -Sideload the Gapps package you just downloaded: adb sideload gapps.zip, when prompted select "install anyway" after the "signature verification" message.
    UPDATE 2021-09-29

Changelog:

Both versions:

- Switched to source built kernel
    - General performance and stability improvements
    - Fixed NFC in source built kernel
    - Fixed DT2W
    - Updated FOD behavior
    - Fixed FOD unlock from AOD screen
    - Added support for NXP secure element
    - Updated display profile behavior
    - Improved touch gestures

For update instructions please refer to the second post of this thread.
    We reached our crowdfunding goal of 300€!
    I just purchased a used Nord device.
    @Keertesh is currently working on finding the best option for purchasing his second Nord device.

Thanks a lot to everyone who donated! We are a great community!
    We already started working on the scratch bringup.
    UPDATE 2023-01-22

New major release LineageOS 20.0

Changelog:

Both versions:
    - Initial release
    - Android 13

Please note:
    While upgrading from our latest LineageOS 19.1 release to this LineageOS 20.0 release using the dirty flash method worked in our tests it is strongly recommended to backup your important data before doing so.
    If possible do a clean flash instead as it can prevent issues when upgrading to a new major release / new version of Android.

If you like our work and want to support us you can tip us a beer by donating to one (or both) of our PayPal accounts:

Keertesh19: https://paypal.me/keertesh83

MajorP93: https://paypal.me/MajorP93