LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
- Camera (and flashlight)
- Battery LED
- Telephony (Calls and Data)
- Audio (Record and Playback)
- Video Playback
- Slow boot
- Ui is laggy
- Nothing (?)
MotoG3 variants (XT1540, XT1541, XT1542, XT1543, XT1544, XT1548 and XT1550)
MotoG3 Turbo variants (XT1556 and XT1557)
- No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.
- Reboot to recovery
- Format /system, /data and /cache
- Install LineageOS zip package
Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
- * Required * firmware version must be based on Marshmallow
- GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
- Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if Stockrom was previously installed and device was encrypted.
Credits & collaborations:
All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
DONATIONS : Paypal
althafvly, Chil360, squid2, jeferson1979
Source Code: https://github.com/MOTO-M8916