[ROM][11][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 [SURYA][KARNA][15.01.2021]

Search This thread
Are you OP? Why is it always someone trying to dictate what others should do? I won't go back and forth with you but I'll just say this if OP wants me to remove it,fine I'll do it otherwise you don't speak for everyone.
Learn to read the rules. XDA is not a promotional social media website for growing one's YouTube channel. If you can't even do that then you shouldn't be here.

Reactions: AGCaesar

4dkhayal

Jan 26, 2021
zYkSW7S.png

Code:
/*

I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).

Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!

YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Same statement for XDA.
*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Fingerprint
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • IR camera
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • LED
  • GPS/GNSS
  • VoLTE

Known issues:
  • You tell me (None)

Instructions :
  • Download the ROM, Magisk (Optional) from the links above.
  • Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
  • Flash the ROM, Magisk (Optional).
  • Reboot and Enjoy.

Download :

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 18, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
mahajant99
Source Code: https://github.com/mahajant99/kernel_xiaomi_surya

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
Stable
Stable Release Date: 2020-10-27

Created 2020-10-27
Last Updated 2021-01-15
Does lineageos 18.1 support poco x3 karna?

keesedip

Jan 27, 2021
Last edited:

BigBrother101

Dec 13, 2020
Which rom is better for privacy, ArrowOS or LineageOS?

I prefer LienageOS, but there is no official rom yet! Maybe I will switch from ArrowOS to this rom if it is better for privacy ;)

Steini86

Nov 11, 2020
I had Problems with every camera app I tried (gcam, open camera, lineage stock, etc.). I was not able to record videos, but after flashing the optimus drunk kernel (https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-surya-10-11-optimus-drunk-kernel-v11-8-4-14-217-24-01.4198627/) it's working fine so far.

fw 12.0.7

EDIT:
yesterday it worked fine. today no camera app works with video recording. does anybody have a solution for this?
I have the same problem. Video is being recorded, but some settings are wrong, it can not be played back. However, it is possible to repair them at a PC (or for example with WhatsApp which transcodes videos before sending).

A working solution I found is the Arnova cam from https://xdaforums.com/t/app-arnova8g2s-google-camera-port.3862448/
Download: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1509/

I have not yet tried the ANXCamera, but that is the next step: https://camera.aeonax.com/

I prefer LienageOS, but there is no official rom yet! Maybe I will switch from ArrowOS to this rom if it is better for privacy ;)
Depends on your settings ;-)
This LineageOS built has GApps included, so do not expect any special privacy.

Reactions: BigBrother101

mahajant99

Oct 16, 2018
Delhi
github.com
23/02/2021
Changelog:
• Synced with latest source changes
• Enabled 64bit dex2oat to improve app performance
• Pinned surfaceflinger in memory
• Unpin camera app to reduce RAM usage
• Limit screen recorder to 90 fps
• Made boot animation faster
• Configure dynamic schedtune boost
• Kang EAS configuration from sunfish
• Force disable wide color display
• Remove switchbar from dynamic thermal
• Add touch profiles for gaming and benchmarking
• Many other fixes and changes
Yes it does support karna

immi803

Jun 14, 2012
@mahajant99
This is truly tagged stable
Thoroughly enjoying it, one little thing to ask why i can't disable snap camera as option is not available to avail, any specific reason if you want to share?
Thank you for this masterpiece, wish it transforms into official lineage soon

mahajant99

Oct 16, 2018
Delhi
github.com
@mahajant99
This is truly tagged stable
Thoroughly enjoying it, one little thing to ask why i can't disable snap camera as option is not available to avail, any specific reason if you want to share?
Thank you for this masterpiece, wish it transforms into official lineage soon
Snap is the default camera, you can't disable it in LineageOS. Currently no plans for official lineage, will see it after my exams

7ngel

Mar 10, 2021
I don't know what I did but I apparently messed up bad. My device after all the steps just boots into fastboot. I can go into TWRP but now the touch screen no longer functions! I'm desperate for help here.

Alin45

Oct 7, 2020
Bucharest
I don't know what I did but I apparently messed up bad. My device after all the steps just boots into fastboot. I can go into TWRP but now the touch screen no longer functions! I'm desperate for help here.
Seems u can use fastboot so:
- u can reflash TWRP and see if the touch screen is resolved; or
- u can use MiFlash to flash any fastboot stock ROM.

Shoppinguin

Mar 26, 2021
First of all thanks for your great work mahajant99.
Installed this 20210310 release few days ago on my X3 NFC, coming from the EU stock ROM 12.07. It's all good and the battery only loses few % each day, which is truly amazing! I have WIFI and mobile data working right from the start and so far it's a great experience.
However there are some things that do not work yet:
1. Recording and sending Video via Signal or Telegram works, but i can not play them back in the app or gallery. They play fine on another phone, a PC or VLC app. I guess this is what was pointed out in comment #166 already. Works flawless on the stock MIUI EU ROM
2. Probably related to #1: Tidal HiFi app does not play anything. It remains stuck at 0:00 and you can not scroll through a song either. You can try without an account, but only(theoretically in this case) listen to 30s of each song. Spotify was also tested and works. Seems to me like a codec's missing or something, idk? It works on the stock MIUI EU ROM.
3. ext4 support for external storage and TF card. TWRP supports it and i checked with a Samsung Galaxy S4 running LOS 18 too. It works there. Since i'm coming from a Sailfish X phone, this is mildly annoying. There, ext4 is the default fs for TF card and external storage and it makes way more sense than FAT32. Also, most LOS ROMS support it, so i guess it's easy to do. I could be wrong however.
4. WiFi HAL crashes and disconnects when it tries to connect to my home wifi router using another captive portal check provider. It throws some SSL exceptions which i can see in logcat. I fixed this by disabling local DHCPv6 which is not needed anyway. I crosschecked this with Galaxy S4 and S5 both also running LOS and it works there. I wouldn't prioritize on this too much since i found a fix that works and is most likely not your ROM at fault.

Reactions: Kemal

Meantek

Dec 16, 2016
Thanks for the great ROM, been running it so far with no major issues, except one I ran into today with Android Auto.

It simply refuses to connect to my car's head unit, the head unit itself says "Android Auto disconnected" on occasion, whereas the phone itself doesn't say anything (except go into DND mode when connecting over Bluetooth).

The same configuration ran just fine with my Note 10 previously, any pointers on how to start troubleshooting?

D

Deleted member 267841

In fact there's no difference (for privacy concerns) between official or unofficial ROMs (if you are using a unofficial port from a recognized developer).
I think the only difference is in "long" term updates, due to unofficial ports depends on the maintainer doesn't changes his mobile.

ec1401

Apr 4, 2021
Is this also working on the Poco X3 Pro? I mean it's quite similar to the normal one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png

Code:
    /*

I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).

Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!

YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • IR camera
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS/GNSS
    • VoLTE

Known issues:
    • You tell me (None)

Instructions :
    • Download the ROM, Magisk (Optional) from the links above.
    • Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
    • Flash the ROM, Magisk (Optional).
    • Reboot and Enjoy.

Download :

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
    mahajant99
    Source Code: https://github.com/mahajant99/kernel_xiaomi_surya

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-27

Created 2020-10-27
    Last Updated 2021-01-15
    15/01/2021
    Changelog:
    • Enforcing
    • Treewide cleanup
    • Switch to 90Hz refresh rate by default
    • Adjust dex2oat thread count after setup wizard
    • Dynamically set power profile according to device model
    • Update power HAL
    • Performance/Optimization related props
    • Added clear speaker option
    • Refine parts with updated icons and strings
    • Doze functionality improvements
    • More translations dump for parts
    • Upstream blobs from MIUI V12.0.8.0.QJGINXM
    • Add proper notch masking overlay to hide camera cutout
    • Fix crackling noise while playing some sounds
    • Adjust brightness values

for me, it makes sense. for now, no official opengapps 11 available and my experience with nitrogenos and nikgapps offers problems for daily usage.

Depends on why you want to get rid of MIUI, personally it's to avoid Google's bloat and run ( mostly ) free and open source software, if tommorow a linux distro shipped with Microsoft Edge or whatever I would make sure to not touch it, I guess that's why people are into LOS, but hey I'm sure many people don't care tho, if it wasn't a thing nobody would put instructions to install gapps after all
    From what I have seen until now, the XDA threads are here because its a requirement to create one. However, the real support is done in the telegram channels (like https://t.me/pocox3globalofficial).
    I use this LineageOS rom as a daily driver. I have only minor complaints. The APN needs to be set on each reboot, but I do not reboot often. And (for me) its cumbersome to switch between different bluetooth speakers. But its running stable and I am happy with the battery life. I am using the gcam but have not played with the stock camera before, so I can not compare. See this thread for a comparison: https://xdaforums.com/t/gcam-for-poco-x3.4164397
    You can also install gcam on MIUI and directly compare if you like before switching to a custom rom.

Edit: Got best results with recent version from Nikita. But that might change quickly, just follow the thread or Telegram channel. Currently I have:
    GCAM: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-Nikita/
    XML: https://mega.nz/file/SjwmBSCI#On_YN61HiTihrLl2djxBjyRNZsqOA9r1NuQvm7JDYdk
    How to load XML: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/settings09
    The XML is from Surferbyter (hdr+ 15 frames). See: https://xdaforums.com/t/gcam-for-poco-x3.4164397/post-83751407

edit2: Now using Nikitas XML: https://mega.nz/file/SwNTmKwZ#A7DAp8eGx0wDIshlG_YhSH7XHqlp-DXblvNT50fm1tM
    23/02/2021
    Changelog:
    • Synced with latest source changes
    • Enabled 64bit dex2oat to improve app performance
    • Pinned surfaceflinger in memory
    • Unpin camera app to reduce RAM usage
    • Limit screen recorder to 90 fps
    • Made boot animation faster
    • Configure dynamic schedtune boost
    • Kang EAS configuration from sunfish
    • Force disable wide color display
    • Remove switchbar from dynamic thermal
    • Add touch profiles for gaming and benchmarking
    Yes it does support karna