Nov 4, 2015
San Pedro
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 4

Dopamin3

Dec 7, 2010
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3a XL
This is my first time on an 8T ROM and I clean flashed the 3-30 official build from EvoX page. Was on the January security patch official OOS firmware and wiped everything before flashing. Only thing I modified was patching the boot.img with Magisk v22 Stable. ROM/kernel is great!!!! and don't really have any issues except...

I can't get my FP to enroll. When I go to settings - security - pixel imprint it almost never recognizes my thumb. After the first press the on display FP icon disappears although I can still press the area to continue enrolling it. About 90% of the time it says "Fingerprint sensory is dirty. Please clean and try again". Well the screen is clean (and I've cleaned it extra) and my fingerprint is clean too. I did not have this issue on stock.

Are there any tricks to getting the fingerprint enrolled? I can sometimes get it over halfway enrolled before I get the dirty error and then it gives me a generic error that it failed to enroll.
So I got the most success with fingerprint by changing the settings(under The Evolver - Lock screen) to:
Fingerprint pressed color: Light Yellow
Disable night light when showing FOD (enabled)
Recognizing animation (enabled) with effect Aurora (Mi 10 Ultra)

I would say it's pretty close to stock for reading FP with this, maybe just a teeny tiny bit worse. But it's enough to be daily driver material!

KingCartman

Aug 3, 2017
Arnsberg
Moto G5 Plus
OnePlus 8T
So I got the most success with fingerprint by changing the settings(under The Evolver - Lock screen) to:

I would say it's pretty close to stock for reading FP with this, maybe just a teeny tiny bit worse. But it's enough to be daily driver material!
I have the same problem like you. I also flashed the latest build clean. With your tips, the fingerprint works okay at the moment. But i hope it will improve in the future. But all in all I like this ROM very much and i hope that this issue will not be a dealbreaker for me.

KingCartman

Aug 3, 2017
Arnsberg
Moto G5 Plus
OnePlus 8T

Okay, I tested you're settings out for a few ours now. I must say, they work pretty fine. I have nearly no issues with the fingerprint at the moment. Like you said. Close to stock, maybe a little bit worse.

Thank you very much for sharing you're configuration. @Dopamin3

A bad working fingerprint sensor is really a dealbreaker for me, and i thought I have to go back to stock!

KingCartman

Aug 3, 2017
Arnsberg
Moto G5 Plus
OnePlus 8T
I want to customize the launcher in this rom. Especially I want to use an icon pack. As far as i know, is this not supported by the Pixel Launcher preinstalled in this rom.

But when I try to use an third party launcher like Lawnchair, Nova, CPL I experience lag on the homescreen. For example: When I close an app and want to open a new one right away, the homescreen flickers and then I can open the next app.

I use the navigation gestures. When I use the three button navigation, the issue doesnt occurs. Is there any way to get a third-party launcher working with the full-screen gestures or to use an icon pack with the pixel launcher.

I dont use root. Thank you in advance for you're help.

Reactions: M4TH1EU_

Timmmmaaahh!

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
This project will be picked up by someone else. It wasnt the pushing around from Nils, Hellboy and Xstefan that did anything. I have a son due fairly soon and I was on my way out anyway. They just expedited the process.
[Thread Closed] Until further notice. Thank you and have a great day! 🐰 *elevator music playing*

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 5.1 for the OP8T [KEBAB]
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is void. Or valid, probably?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Evolution X,
    * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
    * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
    */

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.
    Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

What are our features?
    - Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

You tell me

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Reboot to Fastbootd
    2. Download the proper ZIP for your device
    3. Wipe Data/Cache/System when coming from non-AOSP ROMs
    4. Flash the ROM
    5. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Reboot to Fastbootd
    2. Download the proper ZIP for your device
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download
    Donate to me!

LU9gsrQ.png

Please make sure you are on the latest firmware and use included installer after rebooting into fastbootd.

Thanks to lineageos for recovery
    Thanks to all the devs who came before me on this device
    OmkarTheAndroid - for just being awesome and helpful

LINK ROM= https://sourceforge.net/projects/un...ebab-11-20210318-1742-UNOFFICIAL.zip/download

Donation Link = paypal.me/APOPHIS9283
    I WILL BE DOING BUILDS FOR ALL 3 DEVICES TODAY. BE PATIENT. I WILL BE DOING IMAGES AND OTA
    This project will be picked up by someone else. It wasnt the pushing around from Nils, Hellboy and Xstefan that did anything. I have a son due fairly soon and I was on my way out anyway. They just expedited the process.
    Nothing device side has changed, here are some images. AOSP updated to r32. Ithought it would be good to have images up for people who have issues.

Ill be dropping builds for other devices through out the day

Still official. Just uploaded to my SF.

Next build will be official