[ROM] [11] [UNOFFICIAL] [OnePlus 8T] [EVOLUTION-X] [AOSP] [2/23/2021]

pro_granade

Jan 22, 2013
Kansas City
For me it's youtube, tik tok, anything with sound really... Just so loud it's distorted and I'm scared of blowing my speaker so I just keep it at a low volume..
I love this ROM and I'm still running it because my speaker is already blown, but I'd run something different until it's fixed if you're worried about it blowing. Because it WILL blow the speaker.

Reactions: MonstaSaleens

apophis9283

Forum Moderator /Inactive Recognized Developer
Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
Somewhere in the static of the Universe
I love this ROM and I'm still running it because my speaker is already blown, but I'd run something different until it's fixed if you're worried about it blowing. Because it WILL blow the speaker.
My sound commits for DT are the same as everyone elses. I always use viperfx. possibly why I dont see this issue.

Reactions: Zayn1D

apophis9283

Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
Weird, I'm running the ROM still on the 11/18 update and it's still doing it. My replacement's bootloader unlock token is coming in today so I'm probably gonna stick with stock.
Up to you, why everyone wished to crank up the volume to absurd levels is beyond me.......

Reactions: Zayn1D and TrOjAnUK

Boing7898

Aug 10, 2011
@apophis9283
Are custom kernels supported with Evolution-X? I ask because I was using LineageOS but the developer decided to build in the wifi module, so it's not loaded anymore from /vendor and WiFi is thus broken in custom kernels. Is it the same here?
Thank you!

apophis9283

Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
@apophis9283
Are custom kernels supported with Evolution-X? I ask because I was using LineageOS but the developer decided to build in the wifi module, so it's not loaded anymore from /vendor and WiFi is thus broken in custom kernels. Is it the same here?
Thank you!
This includes my own kernel in it. But your welcome to try and use whatever you like

Reactions: Zayn1D

SREEPRAJAY

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 9, 2010
CITY OF PARKS
I installed this rom but there is sizzle in speaker when the sound level is high level.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Almost every custom rom for the op8t has this sound issue...BTW you can always manage the volume until there is no crackle or sizzle.... The volume of this device is loud enough without the crackle or sizzle for sure

apophis9283

Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
Is there a speaker sizzle problem in the last version?
Im not going to lie, in the rush to get that last build out, I did forget the audio commit for kebab. Im rebuilding now and this build should fix evertyhing up

Edit: new build is up

Last edited: