[ROM] [11] [UNOFFICIAL] [OP8 PRO-INSTANTNOODLEP] [EVOLUTION-X] [AOSP] [03/26/2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pallefar

Apr 3, 2013
Been doing some testing and only two things I have found so far are

Gvisuals the rounded corners are not applying
Notification color stays grey even if the QS is changing with the theme

I will test more and see if this is an error on my end. I will try and take some logs as well

Awesome work
Seems to work now, changed the theme to clear and back to defuelt and now all looks perfect

jamescable

Even with the events of whats happened, I will still build for this device. A shame a group of grown adults cant follow rules. If you don't wish to use the ROM dont. Please dont come in my telegram chat starting garbage.

Ill eventually kill telegram and we can go back to XDA only.
The way its supposed to be. @Timmmmaaahh! has said numerous times, this is XDA, not telegram. XDA doesn't like telegram and development should stay in XDA

jamescable

Even with the events of whats happened, I will still build for this device. A shame a group of grown adults cant follow rules. If you don't wish to use the ROM dont. Please dont come in my telegram chat starting garbage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210321-101530_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20210321-101530_Chrome.png
    867.2 KB · Views: 132

apophis9283

Retired Moderator/Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2011
Somewhere in the static of the Universe
The way its supposed to be. @Timmmmaaahh! has said numerous times, this is XDA, not telegram. XDA doesn't like telegram and development should stay in XDA
Actually (at least our team) doesnt mind Telegram as long as support is offered on XDA. Which I offer support in both areas

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8

I have telegram but can't stand the splintered content.

The amount of times the answer to a question is lying on a different platform (telegram) and hasn't been duplicated to XDA is crazy.

Whatever works for yourself but I'd definitely support one medium over two.

For testing its a great tool. To be open to the wider user base is a problem waiting to happen I'd say.

TaranS2001

Jan 30, 2020
OnePlus 8 Pro
Great rom, really smooth, and customization galore.

I've discovered some minor issues (I'll try my best to explain them)
1. Haptics aren't OOS like (This is an issue with all the custom ROMs for the OP8P, I know this seems like I'm really nitpicking, but OOS haptics IMO do make the phone feel more premium)

2. The dark theme doesn't apply to the notifications (check included pic) I've tried turning the dark theme on and off, changing the specific dark theme, and turning off the rounded corners, but no Bueno.

3. The screen flickers quite badly when pressing the power button on the AOD, and sometimes when using the FOD from the AOD it will open up the app below the FOD (in my case Spotify) I've tried my best to capture this on video.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210322-105608_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210322-105608_Pixel_Launcher.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 106

apophis9283

Retired Moderator/Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2011
Somewhere in the static of the Universe
I have telegram but can't stand the splintered content.

The amount of times the answer to a question is lying on a different platform (telegram) and hasn't been duplicated to XDA is crazy.

Whatever works for yourself but I'd definitely support one medium over two.

For testing its a great tool. To be open to the wider user base is a problem waiting to happen I'd say.
Great rom, really smooth, and customization galore.

I've discovered some minor issues (I'll try my best to explain them)
1. Haptics aren't OOS like (This is an issue with all the custom ROMs for the OP8P, I know this seems like I'm really nitpicking, but OOS haptics IMO do make the phone feel more premium)

2. The dark theme doesn't apply to the notifications (check included pic) I've tried turning the dark theme on and off, changing the specific dark theme, and turning off the rounded corners, but no Bueno.

3. The screen flickers quite badly when pressing the power button on the AOD, and sometimes when using the FOD from the AOD it will open up the app below the FOD (in my case Spotify) I've tried my best to capture this on video.
Just FYI, I am aware of this and will be looking into it when I get time

Haptics I will not be changing.

Reactions: TaranS2001

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / Mod & RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
Actually (at least our team) doesnt mind Telegram as long as support is offered on XDA. Which I offer support in both areas
Xda and TG can certainly work together if a few rules/courtesies/etiquettes are followed:

1) drama that happens on TG stays on TG (Xda mods have no say over TG matters, they don't belong on Xda and that's why all the TG drama must stay there)

2) The Xda development thread must remain the PRIMARY source of updates, support, and troubleshooting. Forcing Xda members to go to TG for the latest updated is a big, fat no bueno! TG is allowed as an additional support for devs who enjoy the off-topic chatter, and want the social aspect of the development community present (which isn't encouraged on Xda), or to make their work available to non-Xda members.

3) TG is not used as a funnel for traffic from Xda to TG by offering updates, support and development there that's not offered on Xda.

If these three items were successfully followed, there'd be almost no TG drama/issues on Xda.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Xda and TG can certainly work together if a few rules/courtesies/etiquettes are followed:

1) drama that happens on TG stays on TG (Xda mods have no say over TG matters, they don't belong on Xda and that's why all the TG drama must stay there)

2) The Xda development thread must remain the PRIMARY source of updates, support, and troubleshooting. Forcing Xda members to go to TG for the latest updated is a big, fat no bueno! TG is allowed as an additional support for devs who enjoy the off-topic chatter, and want the social aspect of the development community present (which isn't encouraged on Xda), or to make their work available to non-Xda members.

3) TG is not used as a funnel for traffic from Xda to TG by offering updates, support and development there that's not offered on Xda.

If these three items were successfully followed, there'd be almost no TG drama/issues on Xda.

Ha, if only.

Problem is telegram disputes come from the familiarity of people's use of telrgram and the preconception that they can say what they like.

Issue follows users to XDA when they realise who they're talking to, personally I think it's only a matter of time.

But that's me..

So long as XDA has the most current info is all good in my eyes.

Reactions: Az Biker

Timmmmaaahh!

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
As I was mentioned here, I should probably pitch in. I never said XDA doesn't like telegram but I understand where you're coming from, @jamescable. I may have to rephrase how I deal with "rogue" TG links, I'll certainly take note of that :)
I follow a few groups for project updates (eg. Nebulo) on it myself but I rarely engage. It's just too chaotic for me. @Az Biker outlined XDA's TG limitations perfectly. And sure, @dladz makes a great point as well but I'm confident both parties will remain relevant alongside each other – XDA being the awesomest one, of course. Sorry for adding to the OT, @apophis9283! I'll proceed to some self-flagellation now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 5.1 for the OP8T [INSTANTNOODLEP]
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is void. Or valid, probably?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Evolution X,
    * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
    * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
    */

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.
    Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

What are our features?
    - Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

You tell me

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Reboot to Fastbootd
    2. Download the proper ZIP for your device
    3. Wipe Data/Cache/System when coming from non-AOSP ROMs
    4. Flash the ROM
    5. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Reboot to Fastbootd
    2. Download the proper ZIP for your device
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download
    Donate to me!

LU9gsrQ.png

Please make sure you are on the latest firmware and use included installer after rebooting into fastbootd.

Thanks to lineageos for recovery
    Thanks to all the devs who came before me on this device
    OmkarTheAndroid - for just being awesome and helpful

ROM LINK = https://sourceforge.net/projects/un...dlep-11-20210320-1534-UNOFFICIAL.zip/download

Donation Link = paypal.me/APOPHIS9283
    I WILL BE DOING BUILDS FOR ALL 3 DEVICES TODAY. BE PATIENT. I WILL BE DOING IMAGES AND OTA
    Testers tell me everything is working now.
    * * * Thread Locked * * *

Those posting spiteful, juvenile, and petty comments are far worse than any dev who decides to stop devving for ANY reason.

UPDATE:

Per OP request, thread has been re-opened.

Any disrespectful, rude, insulting, or personal attacking comments will be deleted and the associated account(s) will be reviewed for restriction and/or disabled.
    This project will be picked up by someone else. It wasnt the pushing around from Nils, Hellboy and Xstefan that did anything. I have a son due fairly soon and I was on my way out anyway. They just expedited the process.