[ROM] [11] [UNOFFICIAL] [OP8 PRO-INSTANTNOODLEP] [EVOLUTION-X] [AOSP] [03/26/2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
The OP says doesn't work on Verizon. Is that referring to their branded device or the carrier? I have an OP8Pro but bought straight from 1+.
Id have thought that it would be both.. seems it stems from the APN and beyond. Luk on lineage is working on a fix that may be transferable, keep an eye on the progress, there's a thread in general discussion.

Hello Bro

Thanks for the wonderful ROM

in the next build can you add this features:

1. Carrier Label personalization for statusbar or lockscreen
2. More options to personalize the status bar, like Corners & padding in RR
3. fix the position of the clock in QS Panel or the options to control this in evox options, that would be great... 🤩
4. Include in the ROM the stock camera of OOS for the cell phone if is possible 😅

I am going to attach some screenshots of the options from my other OnePlus 7 PRO cell phone that I have written here that it would be great to have in the ROM

Attachments

• carrierLabel.jpg
    carrierLabel.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Corner&Padding.jpg
    Corner&Padding.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 82
  • fixClockQS.png
    fixClockQS.png
    540.2 KB · Views: 83

Asiimoviet

Mar 29, 2021
Hello developer
Your ROM is wonderful and I absolutely love using it as daily driver.
I'm going to update it since the version im using have FP malfunction
The current build I'm using is unofficial, can I flash the official image instead? Do I just go through the regular steps only without reseting to factory?
Thank you for your work, you have a good day :)

Asiimoviet

Mar 29, 2021
Hello developer
Your ROM is wonderful and I absolutely love using it as daily driver.
I'm going to update it since the version im using have FP malfunction
The current build I'm using is unofficial, can I flash the official image instead? Do I just go through the regular steps only without reseting to factory?
Thank you for your work, you have a good day :)
I have flashed the official rom and it wont boot without me reseting to factory
So I have did so

Currently it all seems fine except 2 small problems
1. the blurry effect is gone, I really really really really miss them. Probably because they are official builds but I still wish there would be a switch for it (there might be but i couldnt find it)
2. might be my case, but with the default lighting color of the fingerprint, my right hand finger works but my left hand finger wont work whatsoever. the problem is fixed when I switch the color of fingerprint (when pressed) to another color XD

apophis9283

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
I have flashed the official rom and it wont boot without me reseting to factory
So I have did so

Currently it all seems fine except 2 small problems
1. the blurry effect is gone, I really really really really miss them. Probably because they are official builds but I still wish there would be a switch for it (there might be but i couldnt find it)
2. might be my case, but with the default lighting color of the fingerprint, my right hand finger works but my left hand finger wont work whatsoever. the problem is fixed when I switch the color of fingerprint (when pressed) to another color XD
look in settings/display at the bottom

namgttn123

Feb 17, 2016
jutst flashed yesterday, pretty stable rom except some issue with scrren flicker when unlock with fingerprint, please fix it in next build

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
@apophis9283 thank you again for this work.

There seems to be a bug on the official release. Haven't used any other release. The flash was a full factory reset, with internal data wiped also. No modifications, no changes kernel, not even root or patches boot.img. Happens on a fresh install. This is with 8 Pro.

Media is laggy and choppy in both sound and video in all browsers. In addition to this, the system occasionally gets stuck/frozen, as if in stuck on a low clock step. Then it eventually comes to, and all input done while frozen gets sent in mass at-once. I will likely flash a custom kernel, I feel the issue is CPU clocks or some other kernel-related bug.

Update: in fact, even Maps cuts out like other media. Looks like this is system-wide. Also chrome doesn't always seem to be 120hz even though forced.

One more update. Just had a random reboot on my drive to work while using maps. Likely a kp. Haven't flashed custom kernel yet, or checked logs or anything -cant atm. Just reporting.

Last edited:

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
You can try and pull logs, but I can't recreate said issue
Ok thank you. Just for information, I went ahead and dirty flashed the ROM over itself. Same issue. I then installed the bluspark kernel, and the issue is gone. I believe your stock kernel may have the floor too low for CPU? or maybe voltage? idk, i am just trying to help. It might just be my device, who knows. I only bring it up, because in one of the earlier posts, you mention that someone had issues with sound. I can see as how this performance issue can be perceived by an end-user as a "sound" issue. Again, not being negative or anything, just trying to give my 2 cents to help out. Worth noting, this was without any fingerprint set or anything. I do use 120hz, which was not defaulted in this ROM. I simply used the Display settings to put it to 120hz. but again, the issue is resolved with a different kernel. (ive also went ahead and rooted the device and have a few changes here and there. the issue does not return.

if you like,i can flash back the stock kernel and see if the behavior returns.

thank you. the ROM is amazing!!!

f100cleveland

Aug 23, 2010
Minnesota
Ok thank you. Just for information, I went ahead and dirty flashed the ROM over itself. Same issue. I then installed the bluspark kernel, and the issue is gone. I believe your stock kernel may have the floor too low for CPU? or maybe voltage? idk, i am just trying to help. It might just be my device, who knows. I only bring it up, because in one of the earlier posts, you mention that someone had issues with sound. I can see as how this performance issue can be perceived by an end-user as a "sound" issue. Again, not being negative or anything, just trying to give my 2 cents to help out. Worth noting, this was without any fingerprint set or anything. I do use 120hz, which was not defaulted in this ROM. I simply used the Display settings to put it to 120hz. but again, the issue is resolved with a different kernel. (ive also went ahead and rooted the device and have a few changes here and there. the issue does not return.

if you like,i can flash back the stock kernel and see if the behavior returns.

thank you. the ROM is amazing!!!
I haven't played with the latest ota much but I am noticing a lag that is there that was not there on the 3/27 build. Kernel freqs look about right tho. Will play around more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 5.1 for the OP8T [INSTANTNOODLEP]
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is void. Or valid, probably?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Evolution X,
    * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
    * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
    */

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.
    Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

What are our features?
    - Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

You tell me

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Reboot to Fastbootd
    2. Download the proper ZIP for your device
    3. Wipe Data/Cache/System when coming from non-AOSP ROMs
    4. Flash the ROM
    5. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Reboot to Fastbootd
    2. Download the proper ZIP for your device
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download
    Donate to me!

LU9gsrQ.png

Please make sure you are on the latest firmware and use included installer after rebooting into fastbootd.

Thanks to lineageos for recovery
    Thanks to all the devs who came before me on this device
    OmkarTheAndroid - for just being awesome and helpful

ROM LINK = https://sourceforge.net/projects/un...dlep-11-20210320-1534-UNOFFICIAL.zip/download

Donation Link = paypal.me/APOPHIS9283
    I WILL BE DOING BUILDS FOR ALL 3 DEVICES TODAY. BE PATIENT. I WILL BE DOING IMAGES AND OTA
    Testers tell me everything is working now.
    * * * Thread Locked * * *

Those posting spiteful, juvenile, and petty comments are far worse than any dev who decides to stop devving for ANY reason.

UPDATE:

Per OP request, thread has been re-opened.

Any disrespectful, rude, insulting, or personal attacking comments will be deleted and the associated account(s) will be reviewed for restriction and/or disabled.
    This project will be picked up by someone else. It wasnt the pushing around from Nils, Hellboy and Xstefan that did anything. I have a son due fairly soon and I was on my way out anyway. They just expedited the process.