• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][UNOFFICIAL] Pixel Experience [Mi A2/jasmine_sprout][AOSP]

Search This thread

dmandroid88

Apr 2, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2
Did a clean install of the non-4.4 version today with 4.19 kernel.

No problems so far.
Features mentioned, like Long Screen shot would be great for a future add.

Now, If someday the ROM turns official (as the tree remains the same) , I must perform a full reset to update it or I must do a dirty flashing as usual?

Reset is so annoying....
Many apps, many configurations.....again and again....

Ardnij10

May 29, 2021
Facing 2 problems on the non 4.4 PE+ version:
1. Some times screen is getting random touches by itself and random stuff is happening.
2. Mobile data is not working if I'm on the call.

RodyP

Dec 14, 2019
Don't know if this is intended behavior, but using any AR Core features, like the live view from Google Maps and even the ARCore Elements app, crashes the apps.

RodyP

Dec 14, 2019
I have the last version of Pixel Experience (non-4.4) since 3 days and this is my short term review:
Firstly I would like to thank to rbritton for his work.
I didn't installed PE Plus version because I don't care about the extra customisation, all I want is something simple and stable.

Pros:
Battery drain is ok now because deep sleep is finally fixed.Also the last Gcam version of Dise can be installed now which is great!
Call volume is great, I can hear the interlocutor loud and clear.This is the first reason I switched to this ROM (I had problems on the other ones I tried in the past,even on stock).
All the apps I am using are working fine.I didn't experience any app crash like in stock.I am browsing web,,watching videos, and use it for social media.I didn't test how the games run on it tho.
Internet signal worked well all the time,I had 4G and it never slowed down or switched off randomly.Same on Wifi.
Everything else worked okay.

Cons:
On the other hand smoothness isn't great.I mean it's not bad at all but sometimes it feels a little bit laggier in some apps.This is the only minor downside till now.I repeat it's not terrible, I can live with that.I would love if it could be fixed tho.

In conclusion this is a great Android 11 stable ROM.I didn't find any major flaws and I would recommend it to anyone.
A feature I would like to see in the future:Long Screen Shot.
Yeah the smoothness is pretty bad. Constant frame drops unfortunately.

I've used this ROM for a few months...at first it felt good though it had it's many problems...then I started facing battery draining problem, I thought it was my phone's defect because at first the problem was not there, it started after the last update.
So, I've installed and using Android 10 Pixel Experience Plus (PE+) from the official Pixel Experience site...and I must tell that is a really good ROM. There is no visual difference between these two even though the ROMa are in different android version, performance-response-animation-speed everything is much better at the Android 10 PE+, the device feels very snappy - very fast, except the "Only this time" privacy feature every feature is almost identically same and most importantly the battery draining problem is gone. I'm not here to badmouth this PE Unofficial Android 11 ROM, but if any of you having any problem with this in your device please try Android 10 Pixel Experience Plus (PE+) the official version, you won't get android 11 but your device will run better. Hey, doesn't that matter the most?
Have you a link to this please?
Been reading a lot here and official posts and as my A2 is a daily use phone looking for the most stable. Since stock 10 upgrade my A2 been a big problem...
Might try your advice, thx

dmandroid88

Apr 2, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2
Fist of all. I saw HUUGE battery performace since the non-4.4 ROM. Well done !

No crashes at all.

BUT ! The problem is that when I plug the phone to charge it, the screen doesnt show up for a few seconds to show me that the phone is fast charging or not. OR even when I charge the phone turned off , plug the charger and no screen turn on to show me the percentage at the beginning of charging.

Whats up with that?
In the previous ROM (4.4) at least I hadn't this problem.

Seriously this needs a FIX !

Also the LED doesnt turn off when the phone is full charge. Its so annoying.

Last edited:

Ardnij10

May 29, 2021
Have you a link to this please?
Been reading a lot here and official posts and as my A2 is a daily use phone looking for the most stable. Since stock 10 upgrade my A2 been a big problem...
Might try your advice, thx
Don't use it, the official android 10 PE+ has old security patch...The battery problem is solved in this rom, try this one....the animation speed might be resolved in next updates

Reactions: _XSnPX_

Ardnij10

May 29, 2021
I pushed the new release. There are four versions at the moment (pe, pe+, pe 4.4, pe+ 4.4).

The non-4.4 versions use a different device tree that has less bugs, and is what I plan on using from now on. Sadly, you must do a reset to use it...

If you don't want to do that right now I've added the 4.4 builds that use the old device tree, which you can upgrade to without resetting, but I will stop building it at some point since the new one works better.

If you do a wipe, I would highly recommend installing stock firmware V11.0.28.0.QDIMIXM prior to install. It's the last vendor security update Xiaomi will give the Mi A2 (still get Android security updates though).

Anyway, hope you all think this version is better and let me know of any bugs you find (with version used please).

Release notes:

New Release (non-4.4):
  • Switches to halcyon 4.19 kernel
  • Fixes deep sleep
  • Fixes GCam ports crashing
  • Fixes WiFi displays
  • August security patch
New Release (4.4):
  • Fixes deep sleep
  • August security patch
Mobile data is not working while I'm on a call (don't know if wifi is working in this situation or not)...please fix this in the next build.

wwest2021

Jun 2, 2021
Xiaomi Mi A2
@rpbritton
Thanks for the 4.19-build. Great battery improvement. Can't confirm 'complain' about charging: my screen lights up. At my phone mobile data is also working during phone-call (happily)
I made a clean install, first installed xiaomi firmware, 2nd extra firmware as advised because of other kernel, 3rd pixelexperience-plus. Only problem is to install all the apps all over again 😏.

dmandroid88

Apr 2, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2
@rpbritton
Thanks for the 4.19-build. Great battery improvement. Can't confirm 'complain' about charging: my screen lights up. At my phone mobile data is also working during phone-call (happily)
I made a clean install, first installed xiaomi firmware, 2nd extra firmware as advised because of other kernel, 3rd pixelexperience-plus. Only problem is to install all the apps all over again 😏.
Interesting....
I have done clean install of the 4.19 with the recommended firm and again my screen doesn't light up even the led doesn't turn off when the battery is fully charged.
This is my ONLY problem.
Mobile data,wifi etc.. works fine.
Especially battery life.....HUUUGE performance there....

A fix in the next release would be appreciated. ;)

Jul 9, 2021
Santa Fe
So, to install this rom I must first install the stock firmware V11.0.28.0.QDIMIXM, and then, without erasing data or system, I install the zip of this rom?
What is the approximate screen time on?
Thank you.

dmandroid88

Apr 2, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2
So, to install this rom I must first install the stock firmware V11.0.28.0.QDIMIXM, and then, without erasing data or system, I install the zip of this rom?
What is the approximate screen time on?
Thank you.
You must do a clean install. With the firmware mentioned.
I suppose that this is the first time to install PE so yes, you must do a factory reset,clean install, delete everything with TWRP on both partitions and then you flash the ROM.
In the next release you will do only update (dirty flashing). No reset etc.

*Forgot to mention that you must download the 4.19 kernel build. which is more fast and with a lot of fixes.
4.4 will no supported from now on.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021
Santa Fe
You must do a clean install. With the firmware mentioned.
I suppose that this is the first time to install PE so yes, you must do a factory reset,clean install, delete everything with TWRP on both partitions and then you flash the ROM.
In the next release you will do only update (dirty flashing). No reset etc.
I already have custom roms installed.

That is, I already did a wipe of everything, system, data, internal, etc.
My question is, should I wipe everything again, install the original firmware, and then wipe the system again?
Or simply once installed the original, install on that this rom whitout erase?

dmandroid88

Apr 2, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2
I already have custom roms installed.

That is, I already did a wipe of everything, system, data, internal, etc.
My question is, should I wipe everything again, install the original firmware, and then wipe the system again?
Or simply once installed the original, install on that this rom whitout erase?
No.
You must perform a factory reset, wipe everything and then you install this ROM.

Ardnij10

May 29, 2021
I pushed the new release. There are four versions at the moment (pe, pe+, pe 4.4, pe+ 4.4).

The non-4.4 versions use a different device tree that has less bugs, and is what I plan on using from now on. Sadly, you must do a reset to use it...

If you don't want to do that right now I've added the 4.4 builds that use the old device tree, which you can upgrade to without resetting, but I will stop building it at some point since the new one works better.

If you do a wipe, I would highly recommend installing stock firmware V11.0.28.0.QDIMIXM prior to install. It's the last vendor security update Xiaomi will give the Mi A2 (still get Android security updates though).

Anyway, hope you all think this version is better and let me know of any bugs you find (with version used please).

Release notes:

New Release (non-4.4):
  • Fixes deep sleep
  • Fixes WiFi displays
  • August security patch
New Release (4.4):
  • Fixes deep sleep
  • August security patch
Sometimes when I am turning the mobile data on, it is taking a few moment to connect to internet, but even after connecting to internet the network icon on status bar is showing cross (like internet is not connected)

Ardnij10

May 29, 2021
Another feature would be really great... boot page theme based on system theme. In this rom boot page is always in dark mode, but the Official PE and PE+ rom has the feature that boot page would be white if device is in normal mode and boot page would be black (like this rom) if device is in dark mode. Hope to see that soon in this rom.

dmandroid88

Apr 2, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2
Another feature would be really great... boot page theme based on system theme. In this rom boot page is always in dark mode, but the Official PE and PE+ rom has the feature that boot page would be white if device is in normal mode and boot page would be black (like this rom) if device is in dark mode. Hope to see that soon in this rom.
I think Google is about to change the bootanimation to dark for Pixel devices.....

check this link : https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/...een-will-soon-only-be-available-in-dark-mode/

Last edited:
Reactions: Retrial

Ardnij10

May 29, 2021
I figured out why I'm not able to use mobile data while on a call or get a hd call, because the "Enhanced VoLTE" ("VoLTE calling" in other terms) option, which let us use internet during call, is forced disabled! The "Enhanced VoLTE" option is not showing in the Settings>Network and Internet>Mobile network and I can not enable it using *#*#4636#*#* in dial pad>Phone information, because "VoLTE provisioned" option is forced disabled there too and won't let me enable it. I've also tried Developer Option and "HD Voice" under Connections is also forced disabled there too. So please fix this, otherwise I can't use internet during call or use HD Calls.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hoping to work on that this month but I don't have a ton of time right now.
    @rbritton Dude, you should definetly try to get it official. Everything is smooth and working flawlessly. Keep up with such good job!
    New Release:
    • Merges in kernel patches.
    • September security update.
    • 4.4 Builds:
      • Fixes support for multiple GCAM.
      • Switches to EAS kernel.
    Edit: Final September Builds:
    • PixelExperience_jasmine_sprout-11.0-20210918-UNOFFICIAL
    • PixelExperience_Plus_jasmine_sprout-11.0-20210918-UNOFFICIAL
    • PixelExperience_4.4_jasmine_sprout-11.0-20210925-UNOFFICIAL
    • PixelExperience_Plus_4.4_jasmine_sprout-11.0-20210925-UNOFFICIAL
    New Release:
    • Merges in kernel patches.
    • 4.4 Builds:
      • Fixes support for multiple GCAM.
      • Switches to EAS kernel.
    Are the files published 6 days ago the last? or you should still upload for version no 4.4
    @rbritton when the next build is coming?
    Maybe this weekend or next week.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Mi A2 [jasmine_sprout]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Github

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Release notes:

New Release (non-4.4):
    • Fixes deep sleep
    • Fixes WiFi displays
    • August security patch
    New Release (4.4):
    • Fixes deep sleep
    • August security patch
    100% last night and restarted this is the log and usage of battery attached
    Okay what I think is happening is that you may have older firmware without QTI bluetooth support, causing the service to crash and restart a lot. In a release later today I'll revert to not using QTI which I think will fix that.
    On the latest build, the animation for opening apps is choppy, which is weird, as the last build had the smoothest animations of any ROM I'd ever used, and Okay Google doesn't work, I've had no issues other than those.
    yep, animation seems a little bit laggy
    Sorry about that I hadn't tested blurs with a static wallpaper, I see that lag now. I'll disable blurs by default in the release today, or you can do it now in developer settings. Also I'll fix the Okay Google.
    I must say this is one of the best MiA2 ROM I've ever used! I have just 1 request. Please add flashing instructions on the first post, if you could. Thanks again!
    I'm glad you like it! I've also added the firmware + installation guide at the bottom, thanks for the suggestion.
    Why not release after getting "June Security Patches" ?
    I wanted to fix these bugs before then (the security patch won't be available until around 2 weeks from now).