[ROM][11][UNOFFICIAL] PixelExperience 11 for Sony Xperia 5[AOSP]

Search This thread

elmaleek03

Jul 9, 2017
Tasikmalaya

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience 11 for Sony Xperia 5 [Bahamut]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Important Information
1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
LED Lights
Sound/vibration
PE Recovery Included
Safetynet pass with/without Magisk! (Not tested GPay)

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Google Drive

How to flash
Make sure you come from Official Android 11.0 from Sony
Download both PixelExperience_bahamut-11.0-20211229-1823-UNOFFICIAL.zip & pe-recovery.zip
Extract the pe-recovery.zip into your fastboot folder
Put your device into fastboot by holding volume up key
Type the following command to flash the recovery:

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Hold power key and volume down key to boot into recovery.
Select install update, install via adb and sideload the ROM package from adb by using command:
Code:
adb sideload PixelExperience_bahamut-11.0-20211229-1823-UNOFFICIAL.zip
Wipe / Format data, and reboot
Enjoy

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Thanks To:
sonyxperiadev team
sjlls
pixelexperience dev​

Last edited:

elmaleek03

Jul 9, 2017
Tasikmalaya
RESERVED

Screenshot attached below:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211230-132615.png
    Screenshot_20211230-132615.png
    875.3 KB · Views: 319
  • Screenshot_20211230-132627.png
    Screenshot_20211230-132627.png
    159 KB · Views: 315
  • Screenshot_20211230-132618.png
    Screenshot_20211230-132618.png
    206.6 KB · Views: 295
  • Screenshot_20211230-132908.png
    Screenshot_20211230-132908.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 275
  • Screenshot_20211230-134258.png
    Screenshot_20211230-134258.png
    209.6 KB · Views: 297
Reactions: BrandonMCMFG

BrandonMCMFG

May 17, 2020
Xperia XZ2
Nintendo Switch
Great job! :D

Once Android 12 Pixel Experience is released is there any chance of the ROM being updated to Android 12?

I will give this a try soon (a few days or maybe a week) and report back if stuff doesn't work. :)

• Edit: Bad wording that made me sound mean. ;)
  • Edit 2: I will try this ROM starting on Wednesday 12th January 2022, I need to get my driving test and revision over and done with first.

Last edited:

elmaleek03

Jul 9, 2017
Tasikmalaya

Once Android 12 Pixel Experience is released is there any chance of the ROM being updated to Android 12?

I will give this a try soon (a few days or maybe a week) and report back if stuff doesn't work. :)

Edit: Bad wording that made me sound mean. ;)
thanks. sure, once a12 is stable enough imma go a12 based rom. im new to build & compile a custom rom 😁 and still learning how to make a good one.

feel free to give some feedback, and report some stuff 😀

grisu59964

Sep 15, 2013
N 51° E 008°
Sony Xperia 5
This ROM looks really good and it's nice to see that we have a custom ROM with current patches and passing SafetyNet test! Unfortunately, I really want to have as less Google software on my phone as possible, so Pixel Experience is not my way to go.

Could you also create a different style of Custom ROM like LineageOS, as the existing X5 ROMs did not get any update and their creator is rarely online? That would be an absolute dream, an actively maintained LineageOS with passing SafetyNet test.

elmaleek03

Jul 9, 2017
Tasikmalaya
This ROM looks really good and it's nice to see that we have a custom ROM with current patches and passing SafetyNet test! Unfortunately, I really want to have as less Google software on my phone as possible, so Pixel Experience is not my way to go.

Could you also create a different style of Custom ROM like LineageOS, as the existing X5 ROMs did not get any update and their creator is rarely online? That would be an absolute dream, an actively maintained LineageOS with passing SafetyNet test.
yeah, i will try to build lineage when i have spare time. also im going to upload arrow os asap, need some testing first

Luriee

Feb 2, 2022
Good ROM ! I 've flashed on my device and it works .(Xperia 5 Dual SIM J9210).
But I found some issues.
1.figerprint sometimes don't work until reboot.
2.NO VoLTE in CMCC.

grisu59964

Sep 15, 2013
N 51° E 008°
Sony Xperia 5
No, I haven't tried it yet. It says that user need 'Unlocked Bootloader:Yes' status on Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status
You mean "Bootloader unlock allowed"? That means that it is possible to unlock the bootloader of your device but you still need to unlock. Maybe you want to provide a screenshot?
My device unlocked device is currently running LineageOS, so I unfortunately can't check what is written there as soon as the bootloader is unlocked.
But usually, if you don't unlock your bootloader, it is still locked. You also get a warning every time you start your device that it cannot be checked for corruption. If you don't see that message, you device is locked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience 11 for Sony Xperia 5 [Bahamut]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Important Information
    1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    LED Lights
    Sound/vibration
    PE Recovery Included
    Safetynet pass with/without Magisk! (Not tested GPay)

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Google Drive

How to flash
    Make sure you come from Official Android 11.0 from Sony
    Download both PixelExperience_bahamut-11.0-20211229-1823-UNOFFICIAL.zip & pe-recovery.zip
    Extract the pe-recovery.zip into your fastboot folder
    Put your device into fastboot by holding volume up key
    Type the following command to flash the recovery:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Hold power key and volume down key to boot into recovery.
    Select install update, install via adb and sideload the ROM package from adb by using command:
    Code:
    adb sideload PixelExperience_bahamut-11.0-20211229-1823-UNOFFICIAL.zip
    Wipe / Format data, and reboot
    Enjoy

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Thanks To:
    sonyxperiadev team
    sjlls
    pixelexperience dev​

RESERVED

Screenshot attached below:

Edit: Bad wording that made me sound mean. ;)
    thanks. sure, once a12 is stable enough imma go a12 based rom. im new to build & compile a custom rom 😁 and still learning how to make a good one.

feel free to give some feedback, and report some stuff 😀

yeah, i will try to build lineage when i have spare time. also im going to upload arrow os asap, need some testing first