• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [11] [UNOFFICIAL] Project Sakura 5.2

Search This thread

ItzEliteVN

May 18, 2020
header.png

Project Sakura is a custom ROM based on Lineage OS, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes. Its sole purpose is to provide a platform which is powered by Lineage and is more customisable than Lineage.

disclaimer.png

Your warranty is now void. We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

flashing.png

- Download the ROM
- Reboot to recovery (Use latest Lineage Recovery)
- Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik
- Flash the latest build
- Flash Gapps (optional)
- Reboot

download.png

Basic Gapps & Vanilla

credits.png

-Lineage OS
-AOSP
-Superior OS
-AOSiP
-DerpFest
-Pixel Experience
-Extended UI
-Havoc OS
-CrDroid ROM

source.png

Project Sakura Source

support.png

Telegram Group
Redfin Telegram Group

Feature list:
https://projectsakura.xyz/wiki/#/

REPORTING BUGS!
As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
for more READ THIS

Thanks to:
@aleasto - for device tree and helping

Device: Redfin
Maintainer: ExtraLib
Build Type: Unofficial

Kernel Source: android_kernel_google_redbull

Last edited:

nickelnine

Sep 24, 2013
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 5
Thank you @ItzEliteVN for bringing this ROM to the P5!

I'm not able to flash Gapps to the device after successfully flashing the ROM. I've tried Nano and Pico OpenGapps as well as MindTheGapps but they all result in: 'Not enough space' or 'Insufficient storage'.

I flashed from a clean install of stock.

Hoping you can help...

ItzEliteVN

May 18, 2020

I'm not able to flash Gapps to the device after successfully flashing the ROM. I've tried Nano and Pico OpenGapps as well as MindTheGapps but they all result in: 'Not enough space' or 'Insufficient storage'.

Hoping you can help...
i have that error too, not sure why but ill fix it later

Last edited:
Reactions: nickelnine

dragynbane222

Jul 2, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5

Hoping you can help...
Did you reboot to recovery before flashing gapps? That's a step that's not detailed and is often missed by people not familiar with ab systems.

EDIT: Nvm, that issue even happens with rebooting

ItzEliteVN

May 18, 2020
Did you reboot to recovery before flashing gapps? That's a step that's not detailed and is often missed by people not familiar with ab systems.

EDIT: Nvm, that issue even happens with rebooting
I think that this Sakura build is in slot A, so it cannot flash OpenGapps (maybe). Because in LOS builds is slot B and flashing OpenGapps still works properly

dragynbane222

Jul 2, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
I think that this Sakura build is in slot A, so it cannot flash OpenGapps (maybe). Because in LOS builds is slot B and flashing OpenGapps still works properly
No, how AB devices work (even with LOS, as this happens at a lower level then the rom) is it flashes to the inactive slot then switches to said slot. If you're currently on a, you'll switch to b, and vice versa

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
github.com
Device trees are all by aleasto. All of his trees are in LineageOS
I understand you're taking lineage as a base. But you also edit your tree and make your changes in github. Or do you only work locally. If so, you will never get the DT that efficient. Care just that everything is in git. This also makes it easier to work and everyone can see what you are doing and what may still need to be added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: elong7681

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    header.png

Project Sakura is a custom ROM based on Lineage OS, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes. Its sole purpose is to provide a platform which is powered by Lineage and is more customisable than Lineage.

disclaimer.png

Your warranty is now void. We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

flashing.png

- Download the ROM
    - Reboot to recovery (Use latest Lineage Recovery)
    - Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik
    - Flash the latest build
    - Flash Gapps (optional)
    - Reboot

download.png

Basic Gapps & Vanilla

credits.png

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -Superior OS
    -AOSiP
    -DerpFest
    -Pixel Experience
    -Extended UI
    -Havoc OS
    -CrDroid ROM

source.png

Project Sakura Source

support.png

Telegram Group
    Redfin Telegram Group

Feature list:
    https://projectsakura.xyz/wiki/#/

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

Thanks to:
    @aleasto - for device tree and helping

Device: Redfin
    Maintainer: ExtraLib
    Build Type: Unofficial

Kernel Source: android_kernel_google_redbull
    i was too busy for revising and doing exams this weekend and next weekend, thanks for sharing us crdroid! and can i have your sources to build some roms too?
    Sure, I sent you the links in PM.

Your kernel build failed because for this kernel you need to use the default CLANG instead of the latest version specified in crdroid sources. It took me a while in july (? or august, don't remember) to figure this out, I'm not an expert in rom builds myself. :D

After the october security patches merged in lineageos and crdroid repos, I will create a build and a topic as well.
    September 20:
    - Inital release
    Feature list link added. Sorry I cannot copy the whole feature list into the thread because it might mess up the thread (i guess).
    @ItzEliteVN any chance for a ROM like cRdroid?
    Thank you for your contribution,
    Yes I did but kernel fails when building (i guess), finding out to fix.
    Screenshot-20211004090352-854x555.png