• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][UNOFFICIAL][redfin] crDroid v7.12

Search This thread

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I had issues for a day a couple of weeks ago. Try a simple restart first, without factory reset.
Oh I think I've tried like Everything at this point, I've tried toggling sync on/off, removing the account, everything on the Google pages.
It's strange and is the gmail App, as I can use a generic email app and add my gmail to it and the notifications come in, so it's a work-a-round if the factory reset doesn't get it going..
At least I'm not having to open the app and check this way, but yea I'd like it to work.
Maybe I'll flash the stock factory image too and just make sure it's working there first. Can't hurt, really. I have a little bit of time ATM, so it's good time to try and get it going.
I had been putting it off, but I've tried literally everything that I could find online as well. Just nothing will get it going expect forcing the sync. which I miss out on emails without that other app.

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
Oh I think I've tried like Everything at this point, I've tried toggling sync on/off, removing the account, everything on the Google pages.
It's strange and is the gmail App, as I can use a generic email app and add my gmail to it and the notifications come in, so it's a work-a-round if the factory reset doesn't get it going..
At least I'm not having to open the app and check this way, but yea I'd like it to work.
Maybe I'll flash the stock factory image too and just make sure it's working there first. Can't hurt, really. I have a little bit of time ATM, so it's good time to try and get it going.
I had been putting it off, but I've tried literally everything that I could find online as well. Just nothing will get it going expect forcing the sync. which I miss out on emails without that other app.
Hm. There is something going for now. I've got the notification about your quote now. But I'm absolutely certain that this is not a ROM issue, maybe something is going on with Google's push notif svc.

Reactions: andybones

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Hm. There is something going for now. I've got the notification about your quote now. But I'm absolutely certain that this is not a ROM issue, maybe something is going on with Google's push notif svc.
Yea 100% not the ROM. Hopefully Google gets it figured out soon!
Just tested Sakura and no notifiction, and flashing stock October Factory Image for a quick test Then I'll be testing the "nandroid" twrp restore as I made a backup before all this. Kinda curious as I haven't seen any real concreate answer in the twrp thread about if you can restore a ROM completely without any issues.

Last edited:

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
Yea 100% not the ROM. Hopefully Google gets it figured out soon!
Just tested Sakura and no notifiction, and flashing stock October Factory Image for a quick test Then I'll be testing the "nandroid" twrp restore as I made a backup before all this. Kinda curious as I haven't seen any real concreate answer in the twrp thread about if you can restore a ROM completely without any issues.

I think it will be the gmail app. If I unlock my phone I got the notifications almost instantly. And I'm still on august patch level (too lazy to install the newer builds, just building lol).

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I think it will be the gmail app. If I unlock my phone I got the notifications almost instantly. And I'm still on august patch level (too lazy to install the newer builds, just building lol).
I would take that even lol. For me I have to literally open the app. And swipe down. or turn the sync quick setting on/off

and what makes me certain it is gmail app, is I add my gmail to this app and I get the notification as soon I send myself an email from my PC. (which is how I've been testing)

Reactions: hunfatal

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
I would take that even lol. For me I have to literally open the app. And swipe down. or turn the sync quick setting on/off

and what makes me certain it is gmail app, is I add my gmail to this app and I get the notification as soon I send myself an email from my PC. (which is how I've been testing)
Maybe the new gmail app is optimized for the upcoming A12 and Google ****ed up something. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Maybe the new gmail app is optimized for the upcoming A12 and Google ****ed up something. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
I had that same thought, as one of the comments in the Playstore I read it saying something about how didn't love the new theme but at least was getting emails, now though.. ugh.
But it made me think that wouldn't an older gmail version solve the issue until Google gets it fixed? but def not as when I just flashed the Oct. factory image, it has an older (theme too) gmail and I thought it was good as I got the notification, but it was because I just had added my google account and it did its one sync, and then I tried again and nothing.

And I just got done with my nandroid backup restore, and no go unfortunately..

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
I had that same thought, as one of the comments in the Playstore I read it saying something about how didn't love the new theme but at least was getting emails, now though.. ugh.
But it made me think that wouldn't an older gmail version solve the issue until Google gets it fixed? but def not as when I just flashed the Oct. factory image, it has an older (theme too) gmail and I thought it was good as I got the notification, but it was because I just had added my google account and it did its one sync, and then I tried again and nothing.

And I just got done with my nandroid backup restore, and no go unfortunately..
Maybe the issue is not in the Gmail app itself, but some related service? Play services updates itself almost instantly. Anyway, I hope it will be fixed. Custom Android 12 roms with the same customization options won't be available for a while, and I am absolutely not a fan of the new UI.

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Maybe the issue is not in the Gmail app itself, but some related service? Play services updates itself almost instantly. Anyway, I hope it will be fixed. Custom Android 12 roms with the same customization options won't be available for a while, and I am absolutely not a fan of the new UI.
My brothers stock S21 gets gmails still no issues is what's really got my scratching my head.

But yes! here I was thinking it was just me hating Android 12. It's very Samsung-y/childish looking IMHO.

And what did they do to the quick settings?
I hope the final release makes it so they are at least smaller and match the blocks of the Power Menu.. That would at least make some sense, and you'd still get 6 small ones, and 9 on the pull down.
compared to what I've seen of 4 on first pull down and 8 on full pull.

edit: an hour and 40 minutes later, I really am missing a working nandroid backup./restore.

I really have missed this ROM. I used it for so long before coming to the Pixel 5. Thank you so much for brining to us. It runs very smooth.

Last edited:

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
damn dont get me wrong i love this rom because of the features but ill tell you this omg this rom drains the **** out my battery compare to android 12 beta 5 i swear to god my battery drains so fast lol but i dont know if it is the kernel or what but i understand that the rom is unofficial version im going back to android 12 beata 5
It can be one of your apps. Unofficial means I just haven't configured the OTA update and requested official status.

In idle my phone can go for 4 or 5 days with wifi, mobile data, bt and sync always on.

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
damn dont get me wrong i love this rom because of the features but ill tell you this omg this rom drains the **** out my battery compare to android 12 beta 5 i swear to god my battery drains so fast lol but i dont know if it is the kernel or what but i understand that the rom is unofficial version im going back to android 12 beata 5
I'd give betterbatterystats And install and see if something is wonky. But tbh I haven't flashed A12 at all yet, so idk what to compare to but stock A11 and i usually am getting 1 hour SOT/10% so I'm actually a bit ahead ATM.
you'll most likely benefit from clearing battery stats as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211012-044910918.jpg
    Screenshot_20211012-044910918.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 49

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Battery life is excellent as well.
Though a custom one may give some better performance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211013-102156815.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-102156815.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Grubmi

Top Liked Posts