• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][UNOFFICIAL][redfin] crDroid v7.12

Search This thread

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
That's known to be buggy on the Pixel 4/XL and later under Android 11, it was first discovered to be so by FoX (who is the Pixel 4/XL maintainer for AOSiP), it just barely works while the notification is up, then completely stops until the next notification.
Yes, Edge lighting doesn't work properly and I won't be able to fix it. I've tried to build havoc a couple months ago, but it was buggy too.

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Anyone else have like 30 fonts with no previews and only one icon set in the look and feel app?
+1
Something that you can try, at your own choice, is Thyphus_'s [MOD][MAGISK][ANDROID 11] Addon Features for Pixel Devices -- the v13 "Harmless" module should work fine, but check the OP incase you hit a bootloop, but am almost positive it will boot. Part of the MOD "Forces Google Sans font system wide", "63 Accent colors", "12 Icon shapes", and "22 Fonts".

+1
Something that you can try, at your own choice, is Thyphus_'s [MOD][MAGISK][ANDROID 11] Addon Features for Pixel Devices -- the v13 "Harmless" module should work fine, but check the OP incase you hit a bootloop, but am almost positive it will boot. Part of the MOD "Forces Google Sans font system wide", "63 Accent colors", "12 Icon shapes", and "22 Fonts".
thanks for the tip! I will try it shortly and report back. oddly enough though, the options are there when accessing the styles menu via the settings app. do you know if that module also contains the options to customize the AOD clock?

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
thanks for the tip! I will try it shortly and report back. oddly enough though, the options are there when accessing the styles menu via the settings app. do you know if that module also contains the options to customize the AOD clock?
customize the AOD clock? - Sorry but don't think it does

and careful applying the styles through the menu, it caused me a bootloop, and needed to factory reset. grr

Last edited:

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
did the same thing to me - think it has something to do with fonts
I'm sorry we both got looped lol. Was hoping you'd see this post before that happened. Well, goes to show to try and keep backups at least once a month, of we can't be saved from Internal using twrp in the boot loop.

But I do agree about the font at the cause. I do still think it's possible that the Typhus_ MOD may work.

I'm sorry we both got looped lol. Was hoping you'd see this post before that happened. Well, goes to show to try and keep backups at least once a month, of we can't be saved from Internal using twrp in the boot loop.

But I do agree about the font at the cause. I do still think it's possible that the Typhus_ MOD may work.
what's everyone using for backups these days? back in the day we used titanium backup but idk about now lol would be nice to be able to restore if it happens again. I want to try the font manager magisk module....but I'm scared 😨

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
what's everyone using for backups these days? back in the day we used titanium backup but idk about now lol would be nice to be able to restore if it happens again. I want to try the font manager magisk module....but I'm scared 😨
hahaha I was thinking the same thing.. I like fonts, but I wish I had thought about it before setting everything back up!
I'd trust the Typhus_ module first TBH..

as for backups, I truthfully don't use many 3rd party apps (30ish), so I just go through and sign back in manually.

but I do know that Swift backup is really good.
you also have Flar2s AppDash

I personally move my internal backup over to my PC about 2-3x/month

Last edited:
hahaha I was thinking the same thing.. I like fonts, but I wish I had thought about it before setting everything back up!
I'd trust the Typhus_ module first TBH..

as for backups, I truthfully don't use many 3rd party apps (30ish), so I just go through and sign back in manually.

but I do know that Swift backup is really good.
you also have Flar2s AppDash

I personally move my internal backup over to my PC about 2-3x/month
cool! thanks for the links. I'm gonna try the font module and let you know. I think the secret sauce for the font module is to have the default font selected in the styles app before applying

Last edited:
Reactions: andybones

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
yeah I just got around to trying it. applied inter font no problem 😁
Very glad to hear that.
I went ahead and stripped everything out of the Typhus_ Module except for the 22 extra fonts, and one with extra fonts and more accent colors.
I tested the extra fonts and they work great, if you or anyone wants to use it. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211021-013501378.jpg
    Screenshot_20211021-013501378.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 26
  • ExtraFonts_v1.0.zip
    13.1 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: marcjc

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
very nice work man! can't say that I'll use it since the magisk font module works 😅 also changes emoji
Hey. I'm happy, if you're happy. :cool:

This is just a bit of a more "light-weight" approach and allows to change them directly through the home screen 'styles and wallpapers'.

You can probably flash my module along with the one you're using as well. But whatever works, right?

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
right? I appreciate the help. now only if we had a gappsless build of this 😎
It is nice to have the variety, I'm one of the few that actually really enjoy this ROM with the PixelGapps and the Pixel launcher. All other launchers except the one in ProtonROMand Sakura seem janky to me still.
I do absolutely hate the search bar, but the

Top Liked Posts