• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][UNOFFICIAL][redfin] crDroid v7.12

Search This thread

marcjc

Jun 23, 2008
Google Pixel 5
I had that same thought, as one of the comments in the Playstore I read it saying something about how didn't love the new theme but at least was getting emails, now though.. ugh.
But it made me think that wouldn't an older gmail version solve the issue until Google gets it fixed? but def not as when I just flashed the Oct. factory image, it has an older (theme too) gmail and I thought it was good as I got the notification, but it was because I just had added my google account and it did its one sync, and then I tried again and nothing.

And I just got done with my nandroid backup restore, and no go unfortunately..
Quick question.. talking about nandroid. I see above you wrote "no go" I am assuming this was referencing the Gmail issue. Did the backup and restore of a full rom with nandroid work for you? Just asking before I try. Thanks!

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
right? I appreciate the help. now only if we had a gappsless build of this 😎
It was planned, but I couldn't set the reserved space correctly, because I don't know how it's calculated. Maybe I will take a look at it again later, we will see.

Gappsless build can be done now, but without the option to install it later. Just remove the gapps repository from the local manifest.

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Yes, Edge lighting doesn't work properly and I won't be able to fix it. I've tried to build havoc a couple months ago, but it was buggy too.
Hey man this ROM has been extremely solid. A small issue here or there but nothing too bad by any means. Thank you again for building, and sharing.
If you do decide to possibly build another ROM, I humbly suggest AICP.
I have the latest running on my HTC One M8 and it has some really cool features!
Don't take this as me not being grateful for this ROM though, it really is nearly perfecto.
I just love variety and trying the different ROMs.
The inclusion of PixelGapps and more specifically the Pixel launcher really does help to make this so close to stock but with an enormous amount of customization.

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
Hey man this ROM has been extremely solid. A small issue here or there but nothing too bad by any means. Thank you again for building, and sharing.
I have the latest running on my HTC One M8 and it has some really cool features!
Don't take this as me not being grateful for this ROM though, it really is nearly perfecto.
The inclusion of PixelGapps and more specifically the Pixel launcher really does help to make this so close to stock but with an enormous amount of customization.
AICP is in my plans. I want to try it out myself, we will see. :)

I found a big issue whenever different fonts are selected in the theme section of the settings it causes the phone to to crash hard and require a factory reset to fix this is on stock version of crdroid ROM from this thread, no root/magisk, running normal apps as in nothing weird or that I'd think would break the wrong that way

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I found a big issue whenever different fonts are selected in the theme section of the settings it causes the phone to to crash hard and require a factory reset to fix this is on stock version of crdroid ROM from this thread, no root/magisk, running normal apps as in nothing weird or that I'd think would break the wrong that way
Yea I posted about this in the page before this here.
Using styles from the homescreen has no fonts to choose from.
I posted a magisk module that has 22 fonts to choose from.
been working for me, but use at your own risk of coarse.

But I agree this should be put in the OP, because it's a big issue due to the need to fully factory reset.

Reactions: stevenespinosa51
Yea I posted about this in the page before this here.
Using styles from the homescreen has no fonts to choose from.
I posted a magisk module that has 22 fonts to choose from.
been working for me, but use at your own risk of coarse.

But I agree this should be put in the OP, because it's a big issue due to the need to fully factory reset.
Oops first off, my apologies for not seeing your post. But yes it's kind of a big issue and yeah I'll give that module a try ty 4 the workaround. And of course everything's at everyone's own risk lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update for crDroid 7.12 available to download.
    I haven't tried TWRP yet, but according to my experience with my previous phone, what @elong7681 wrote is correct (both TWRP and Magisk install method).
    Is the font picker crash fixed?

:_)
    I don't know. It's a ROM issue I think, but I didn't have time to look into it.

Anyone has experience with other phones with the same crDroid version, that it works or not? If it does, it can be a phone specific issue which I need to take a look at.
    Is the font picker crash fixed?

:_)

I don't know. It's a ROM issue I think, but I didn't have time to look into it.

Anyone has experience with other phones with the same crDroid version, that it works or not? If it does, it can be a phone specific issue which I need to take a look at.

I made a flashable.zip that adds 22 extra fonts.
    You need to go all the way to the end and any of the 22 fonts inward work. Be careful if you use one from the beginning it will still bootloop, but just stick to the simple instructions and your good. I'm not sure if others need to be deleted it what, I tried to get a logcat today but was unable.
    Flash in Magisk.
    Hello @hunfatal

I'm thinking of buying a Pixel 5 but it's important to me to have a long time support from a custom ROM.

So my question is will they support the device longer ?
    Why are they not official ?

greetings
    I don't know how long crDroid A11 will got update since A12 is released. I have plans to port A12 as well (when it will be available, currently afaik no linage exists - maybe nightly builds without customization).

The ROM is not official because I don't know whether I will have time to maintain it or not.

Pixels got stock rom support for 2 years if I remember correctly (maybe it's 3 for the P5, dunno). And it's impossible to see how long custom roms will support the phone.

If you want long support, buy a Pixel 6 and use the stock ROM, it's a new device.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Information:
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware beforehand.
    • PixelGapps included
    • Magisk 20.0 or newer for root (after first boot) - (Download from here)

Installation:
    • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot crDroidAndroid-11.0-xxxxxxxx-redfin-signed-v7.xx-boot.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Sideload crDroid zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Sideload the addons
    • Reboot

Sources:

Download:

Known issues:
    • None

Contributors:
    Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help crDroid team pay server costs
    AICP is in my plans. I want to try it out myself, we will see. :)
    Update for crDroid 7.12 available to download.
    Yes, Edge lighting doesn't work properly and I won't be able to fix it. I've tried to build havoc a couple months ago, but it was buggy too.
    Changelog

2021-11-08
    - Latest upstream crDroid and LineageOS changes