• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][UNOFFICIAL][redfin] crDroid v7.12

Search This thread

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Dumb question but how to update the rom from the previous crDroid version ?
Same as the initial instructions, but do not format data.
Taken from the OP:
  • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
  • Boot to bootloader
  • fastboot flash boot crDroidAndroid-11.0-xxxxxxxx-redfin-signed-v7.xx-boot.img
  • Boot to recovery
  • Format data
  • Sideload crDroid zip
  • Optionally flash any addons:
    • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
    • Sideload the addons
  • Reboot

Reactions: RaS_KoR

MrRob0t

Oct 2, 2016
Same as first install, except when update, don't format data.
Hello Dev, how do we perm. install the official TWRP that was released?

Is this correct?
(I'm already running this ROM)

fastboot boot twrp.img
go to install within twrp and pick the latest twrp_3.6.0.img
install to boot.img OR install to Recovery Ramdisk??
this will un-root me and flash twrp to both boot slots
reboot
reboot to twrp again
flash Magisk.zip in twrp
--------------------------------
rooted + perm twrp = profit?

elong7681

May 23, 2015
US
Moto X4
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hello Dev, how do we perm. install the official TWRP that was released?

Is this correct?
(I'm already running this ROM)

fastboot boot twrp.img
go to install within twrp and pick the latest twrp_3.6.0.img
install to boot.img OR install to Recovery Ramdisk??
this will un-root me and flash twrp to both boot slots
reboot
reboot to twrp again
flash Magisk.zip in twrp
--------------------------------
rooted + perm twrp = profit?
Not sure about the install with this rom but on stock you would boot the .img then in TWRP flash the provided installer.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: MrRob0t

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update for crDroid 7.12 available to download.
    I haven't tried TWRP yet, but according to my experience with my previous phone, what @elong7681 wrote is correct (both TWRP and Magisk install method).
    Is the font picker crash fixed?

:_)
    I don't know. It's a ROM issue I think, but I didn't have time to look into it.

Anyone has experience with other phones with the same crDroid version, that it works or not? If it does, it can be a phone specific issue which I need to take a look at.
    Is the font picker crash fixed?

:_)

I don't know. It's a ROM issue I think, but I didn't have time to look into it.

Anyone has experience with other phones with the same crDroid version, that it works or not? If it does, it can be a phone specific issue which I need to take a look at.

I made a flashable.zip that adds 22 extra fonts.
    You need to go all the way to the end and any of the 22 fonts inward work. Be careful if you use one from the beginning it will still bootloop, but just stick to the simple instructions and your good. I'm not sure if others need to be deleted it what, I tried to get a logcat today but was unable.
    Flash in Magisk.
    Hello @hunfatal

I'm thinking of buying a Pixel 5 but it's important to me to have a long time support from a custom ROM.

So my question is will they support the device longer ?
    Why are they not official ?

greetings
    I don't know how long crDroid A11 will got update since A12 is released. I have plans to port A12 as well (when it will be available, currently afaik no linage exists - maybe nightly builds without customization).

The ROM is not official because I don't know whether I will have time to maintain it or not.

Pixels got stock rom support for 2 years if I remember correctly (maybe it's 3 for the P5, dunno). And it's impossible to see how long custom roms will support the phone.

If you want long support, buy a Pixel 6 and use the stock ROM, it's a new device.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Information:
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware beforehand.
    • PixelGapps included
    • Magisk 20.0 or newer for root (after first boot) - (Download from here)

Installation:
    • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot crDroidAndroid-11.0-xxxxxxxx-redfin-signed-v7.xx-boot.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Sideload crDroid zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Sideload the addons
    • Reboot

Sources:

Download:

Known issues:
    • None

Contributors:
    Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help crDroid team pay server costs
    Hey man this ROM has been extremely solid. A small issue here or there but nothing too bad by any means. Thank you again for building, and sharing.
    If you do decide to possibly build another ROM, I humbly suggest AICP.
    I have the latest running on my HTC One M8 and it has some really cool features!
    Don't take this as me not being grateful for this ROM though, it really is nearly perfecto.
    I just love variety and trying the different ROMs.
    The inclusion of PixelGapps and more specifically the Pixel launcher really does help to make this so close to stock but with an enormous amount of customization.
    AICP is in my plans. I want to try it out myself, we will see. :)
    Update for crDroid 7.12 available to download.
    Yes, Edge lighting doesn't work properly and I won't be able to fix it. I've tried to build havoc a couple months ago, but it was buggy too.
    Hey man this ROM has been extremely solid. A small issue here or there but nothing too bad by any means. Thank you again for building, and sharing.
    If you do decide to possibly build another ROM, I humbly suggest AICP.
    I have the latest running on my HTC One M8 and it has some really cool features!
    Don't take this as me not being grateful for this ROM though, it really is nearly perfecto.
    I just love variety and trying the different ROMs.
    The inclusion of PixelGapps and more specifically the Pixel launcher really does help to make this so close to stock but with an enormous amount of customization.
    Changelog

2021-11-08
    - Latest upstream crDroid and LineageOS changes