[ROM][13/12.1/11][UNOFFICIAL][redfin] crDroid v9.15/v8.20/v7.39

Search This thread

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
That's known to be buggy on the Pixel 4/XL and later under Android 11, it was first discovered to be so by FoX (who is the Pixel 4/XL maintainer for AOSiP), it just barely works while the notification is up, then completely stops until the next notification.
Yes, Edge lighting doesn't work properly and I won't be able to fix it. I've tried to build havoc a couple months ago, but it was buggy too.

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Anyone else have like 30 fonts with no previews and only one icon set in the look and feel app?
+1
Something that you can try, at your own choice, is Thyphus_'s [MOD][MAGISK][ANDROID 11] Addon Features for Pixel Devices -- the v13 "Harmless" module should work fine, but check the OP incase you hit a bootloop, but am almost positive it will boot. Part of the MOD "Forces Google Sans font system wide", "63 Accent colors", "12 Icon shapes", and "22 Fonts".

Sewdohe

+1
Something that you can try, at your own choice, is Thyphus_'s [MOD][MAGISK][ANDROID 11] Addon Features for Pixel Devices -- the v13 "Harmless" module should work fine, but check the OP incase you hit a bootloop, but am almost positive it will boot. Part of the MOD "Forces Google Sans font system wide", "63 Accent colors", "12 Icon shapes", and "22 Fonts".
thanks for the tip! I will try it shortly and report back. oddly enough though, the options are there when accessing the styles menu via the settings app. do you know if that module also contains the options to customize the AOD clock?

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
thanks for the tip! I will try it shortly and report back. oddly enough though, the options are there when accessing the styles menu via the settings app. do you know if that module also contains the options to customize the AOD clock?
customize the AOD clock? - Sorry but don't think it does

and careful applying the styles through the menu, it caused me a bootloop, and needed to factory reset. grr

Last edited:

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
did the same thing to me - think it has something to do with fonts
I'm sorry we both got looped lol. Was hoping you'd see this post before that happened. Well, goes to show to try and keep backups at least once a month, of we can't be saved from Internal using twrp in the boot loop.

But I do agree about the font at the cause. I do still think it's possible that the Typhus_ MOD may work.

Sewdohe

I'm sorry we both got looped lol. Was hoping you'd see this post before that happened. Well, goes to show to try and keep backups at least once a month, of we can't be saved from Internal using twrp in the boot loop.

But I do agree about the font at the cause. I do still think it's possible that the Typhus_ MOD may work.
what's everyone using for backups these days? back in the day we used titanium backup but idk about now lol would be nice to be able to restore if it happens again. I want to try the font manager magisk module....but I'm scared 😨

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
what's everyone using for backups these days? back in the day we used titanium backup but idk about now lol would be nice to be able to restore if it happens again. I want to try the font manager magisk module....but I'm scared 😨
hahaha I was thinking the same thing.. I like fonts, but I wish I had thought about it before setting everything back up!
I'd trust the Typhus_ module first TBH..

as for backups, I truthfully don't use many 3rd party apps (30ish), so I just go through and sign back in manually.

but I do know that Swift backup is really good.
you also have Flar2s AppDash

I personally move my internal backup over to my PC about 2-3x/month

Last edited:

Sewdohe

hahaha I was thinking the same thing.. I like fonts, but I wish I had thought about it before setting everything back up!
I'd trust the Typhus_ module first TBH..

as for backups, I truthfully don't use many 3rd party apps (30ish), so I just go through and sign back in manually.

but I do know that Swift backup is really good.
you also have Flar2s AppDash

I personally move my internal backup over to my PC about 2-3x/month
cool! thanks for the links. I'm gonna try the font module and let you know. I think the secret sauce for the font module is to have the default font selected in the styles app before applying

Last edited:
Reactions: andybones

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
yeah I just got around to trying it. applied inter font no problem 😁
Very glad to hear that.
I went ahead and stripped everything out of the Typhus_ Module except for the 22 extra fonts, and one with extra fonts and more accent colors.
I tested the extra fonts and they work great, if you or anyone wants to use it. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211021-013501378.jpg
    Screenshot_20211021-013501378.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 49
  • ExtraFonts_v1.0.zip
    13.1 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: Ćwirek and marcjc

Sewdohe

Very glad to hear that.
I went ahead and stripped everything out of the Typhus_ Module except for the 22 extra fonts, and one with extra fonts and more accent colors.
I tested the extra fonts and they work great, if you or anyone wants to use it. :)
very nice work man! can't say that I'll use it since the magisk font module works 😅 also changes emoji

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
very nice work man! can't say that I'll use it since the magisk font module works 😅 also changes emoji
Hey. I'm happy, if you're happy. :cool:

This is just a bit of a more "light-weight" approach and allows to change them directly through the home screen 'styles and wallpapers'.

You can probably flash my module along with the one you're using as well. But whatever works, right?

Sewdohe

Hey. I'm happy, if you're happy. :cool:

This is just a bit of a more "light-weight" approach and allows to change them directly through the home screen 'styles and wallpapers'.

You can probably flash my module along with the one you're using as well. But whatever works, right?
right? I appreciate the help. now only if we had a gappsless build of this 😎

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
right? I appreciate the help. now only if we had a gappsless build of this 😎
It is nice to have the variety, I'm one of the few that actually really enjoy this ROM with the PixelGapps and the Pixel launcher. All other launchers except the one in ProtonROMand Sakura seem janky to me still.
I do absolutely hate the search bar, but the

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A13 build updated to v9.15.
    Fixed v9.15 build now available. The issue was caused by signature spoofing in the ROM, it was fixed on the 21st.

This time I dirty flashed v9.15 before release over my previous installation (which was v9.11) and it's working fine.
    Out of curiosity ...

Within the past month or two, the Googlefrinchians started flagging kernels with certain names as being ineligible for DEVICE integrity. The kernel names "crdroid" and "crDroid" are currently on the list of such kernel names.

Does this particular crDroid implementation use a kernel with either of those two names? If so, I believe it would be desirable to change the kernel name to something else, possible a random string of alphanumeric characters.

Thoughts?
    These ROMs are using the stock lineage kernel (which maybe is the same as AOSP?), crdroid is not in its name. At least, not in v9, I can't check earlier versions.
    Strange, there were no changes in device related stuff, I've just merged the latest rom commits like before.

I will remove this build for now and check it maybe next week, I'm still on nov. build.

Try to dirty flash the previous build. If it doesn't work you need clean install.

Sorry, I didn't think this can happen.
    A11 build updated to v7.39
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:

Flashing Instructions:

Information:
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware beforehand.
    • Gapps included
    • Magisk or Magisk Delta for root (after first boot)

Installation:

crDroid v7

• Back up anything you want to keep from your internal storage, because Formatting the data in the recovery formats the internal storage
    • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot crDroidAndroid-11.0-xxxxxxxx-redfin-signed-v7.xx-boot.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Sideload crDroid zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Sideload the addons
    • Reboot
    crDroid v8
    • Back up anything you want to keep from your internal storage, because Formatting the data in the recovery formats the internal storage
    • For the first install, Android 12.1 firmware is required from the latest stock ROM
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash vendor_boot crDroidAndroid-12.1-xxxxxxxx-redfin-signed-v8.xx-vendor_boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (comes with flashing vendor_boot)
    • Format data
    • Sideload crDroid zip
      • Sideload the addons
    • Reboot
    crDroid v9
    • For the first install, Android 13 firmware is required from the latest stock ROM
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash vendor_boot crDroidAndroid-13.0-xxxxxxxx-redfin-signed-v9.xx-vendor_boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (comes with flashing vendor_boot)
    • Format data
    • Sideload crDroid zip
      • Sideload the addons
    • Reboot

Sources:

Download:

Known issues:
    • crDroid v7 (Android 11)
      • Bootloop after changing fonts/theme in the settings
    • crDroid v8 (Android 12.1)
      • None
    • crDroid v9 (Android 13)
      • None

Contributors:
    Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help crDroid team pay server costs
    ROM updated to v7.20 with the latest upstream changes. I've disabled smart charging in this version because it's not working.

I've also prepared the build (kinda) for A12/crDroid v8, but I don't have time to try it, hopefully I can try it and release it in the next month.
    Changelog for crDroid v9
    2023-10-24
    - Initial release

2023-11-20
    - Latest upstream crDroid and LineageOS changes
    - Blur disabled as it caused some lags

2023-12-22

2024-03-25

Changelog for crDroid v8
    2022-09-12
    - Initial release

2023-04-03
    - Some GApps related fixes

2023-10-14

2023-11-20

2023-12-22

Changelog for crDroid v7
    2021-11-08

2022-01-01

2022-03-13

2022-04-15

2022-05-20

2022-07-31
    - Smart Charging disabled due to issues

2022-08-25

2022-12-24

2023-04-03

2023-10-14

2023-11-20

2023-12-22

2024-03-29
    Update for crDroid 7.13 available to download.

Happy New Year for everyone!
    Hey man this ROM has been extremely solid. A small issue here or there but nothing too bad by any means. Thank you again for building, and sharing.
    If you do decide to possibly build another ROM, I humbly suggest AICP.
    I have the latest running on my HTC One M8 and it has some really cool features!
    Don't take this as me not being grateful for this ROM though, it really is nearly perfecto.
    I just love variety and trying the different ROMs.
    The inclusion of PixelGapps and more specifically the Pixel launcher really does help to make this so close to stock but with an enormous amount of customization.
    AICP is in my plans. I want to try it out myself, we will see. :)