• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][UNOFFICIAL][redfin] crDroid v7.13

Search This thread

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Dumb question but how to update the rom from the previous crDroid version ?
Same as the initial instructions, but do not format data.
Taken from the OP:
  • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
  • Boot to bootloader
  • fastboot flash boot crDroidAndroid-11.0-xxxxxxxx-redfin-signed-v7.xx-boot.img
  • Boot to recovery
  • Format data
  • Sideload crDroid zip
  • Optionally flash any addons:
    • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
    • Sideload the addons
  • Reboot

Reactions: RaS_KoR

MrRob0t

Oct 2, 2016
Same as first install, except when update, don't format data.
Hello Dev, how do we perm. install the official TWRP that was released?

Is this correct?
(I'm already running this ROM)

fastboot boot twrp.img
go to install within twrp and pick the latest twrp_3.6.0.img
install to boot.img OR install to Recovery Ramdisk??
this will un-root me and flash twrp to both boot slots
reboot
reboot to twrp again
flash Magisk.zip in twrp
--------------------------------
rooted + perm twrp = profit?

elong7681

May 23, 2015
US
Moto X4
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hello Dev, how do we perm. install the official TWRP that was released?

Is this correct?
(I'm already running this ROM)

fastboot boot twrp.img
go to install within twrp and pick the latest twrp_3.6.0.img
install to boot.img OR install to Recovery Ramdisk??
this will un-root me and flash twrp to both boot slots
reboot
reboot to twrp again
flash Magisk.zip in twrp
--------------------------------
rooted + perm twrp = profit?
Not sure about the install with this rom but on stock you would boot the .img then in TWRP flash the provided installer.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: MrRob0t

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Has anyone noticed just what seems to be the slightest screen flickering on the bottom on some apps?

EDIT: I believe this is fixed by putting the peak/default refresh rate to both either 60Hz or 90Hz, instead of say default: 60Hz, peak 90Hz.

Last edited:

Tralien

Oct 13, 2015
Sad that this unofficial gets more updates than other official crdroid devices like galaxy s7 :(

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Didn't know that. Is this a new feature in TWRP/LOS recovery? I'm pretty sure (not completely though), in earlier versions both only showed files with zip extension.
Very good quetion. I'm thinking it may be an update once topjohnwu combined the Manager and Magisk itself into the single application? Or as you said, once the new TWRP made it availbe it was able to be flashed.
I was lazy and made a bad Magisk Module so had to factory reset device, and decided to flash the Magisk.apk and was ery surprised when it flashed without issue!
BTW this ROM is amazing, thank you for your continued hard work! I would possibly update the OP however to tell people not to change the font using the Styles and Wallpaper. For some resason it's not working, however you can safely change the status bar icons and color. and If rooted I highly suggest this Accent Colour Control App/Magisk Module.

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
BTW this ROM is amazing, thank you for your continued hard work! I would possibly update the OP however to tell people not to change the font using the Styles and Wallpaper. For some resason it's not working, however you can safely change the status bar icons and color. and If rooted I highly suggest this Accent Colour Control App/Magisk Module.

Thanks.

Is it still causing bootlop? I'm still on august build. :D I have plans to update my phone at the weekend.

If it's still causing bootloop, I will update the known issues section. Also maybe I should take a look at it, because if it's causing bootloop on this device only, it's possible that I didn't add or change something in the device tree.

Do you have adb logs maybe?

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Thanks.

Is it still causing bootlop? I'm still on august build. :D I have plans to update my phone at the weekend.

If it's still causing bootloop, I will update the known issues section. Also maybe I should take a look at it, because if it's causing bootloop on this device only, it's possible that I didn't add or change something in the device tree.

Do you have adb logs maybe?
oh sorry, no bootloop at all working great!

Reactions: hunfatal

Top Liked Posts