[ROM][13/12.1/11][UNOFFICIAL][redfin] crDroid v9.15/v8.20/v7.39

Search This thread

marcjc

Jun 23, 2008
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7
I had that same thought, as one of the comments in the Playstore I read it saying something about how didn't love the new theme but at least was getting emails, now though.. ugh.
But it made me think that wouldn't an older gmail version solve the issue until Google gets it fixed? but def not as when I just flashed the Oct. factory image, it has an older (theme too) gmail and I thought it was good as I got the notification, but it was because I just had added my google account and it did its one sync, and then I tried again and nothing.

And I just got done with my nandroid backup restore, and no go unfortunately..
Quick question.. talking about nandroid. I see above you wrote "no go" I am assuming this was referencing the Gmail issue. Did the backup and restore of a full rom with nandroid work for you? Just asking before I try. Thanks!

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
right? I appreciate the help. now only if we had a gappsless build of this 😎
It was planned, but I couldn't set the reserved space correctly, because I don't know how it's calculated. Maybe I will take a look at it again later, we will see.

Gappsless build can be done now, but without the option to install it later. Just remove the gapps repository from the local manifest.

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Quick question.. talking about nandroid. I see above you wrote "no go" I am assuming this was referencing the Gmail issue. Did the backup and restore of a full rom with nandroid work for you? Just asking before I try. Thanks!
"No go" was about the nandroid with TWRP, unfortunately. I really miss it!

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Yes, Edge lighting doesn't work properly and I won't be able to fix it. I've tried to build havoc a couple months ago, but it was buggy too.
Hey man this ROM has been extremely solid. A small issue here or there but nothing too bad by any means. Thank you again for building, and sharing.
If you do decide to possibly build another ROM, I humbly suggest AICP.
I have the latest running on my HTC One M8 and it has some really cool features!
Don't take this as me not being grateful for this ROM though, it really is nearly perfecto.
I just love variety and trying the different ROMs.
The inclusion of PixelGapps and more specifically the Pixel launcher really does help to make this so close to stock but with an enormous amount of customization.

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
Hey man this ROM has been extremely solid. A small issue here or there but nothing too bad by any means. Thank you again for building, and sharing.
I have the latest running on my HTC One M8 and it has some really cool features!
Don't take this as me not being grateful for this ROM though, it really is nearly perfecto.
The inclusion of PixelGapps and more specifically the Pixel launcher really does help to make this so close to stock but with an enormous amount of customization.
AICP is in my plans. I want to try it out myself, we will see. :)

I found a big issue whenever different fonts are selected in the theme section of the settings it causes the phone to to crash hard and require a factory reset to fix this is on stock version of crdroid ROM from this thread, no root/magisk, running normal apps as in nothing weird or that I'd think would break the wrong that way

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I found a big issue whenever different fonts are selected in the theme section of the settings it causes the phone to to crash hard and require a factory reset to fix this is on stock version of crdroid ROM from this thread, no root/magisk, running normal apps as in nothing weird or that I'd think would break the wrong that way
Yea I posted about this in the page before this here.
Using styles from the homescreen has no fonts to choose from.
I posted a magisk module that has 22 fonts to choose from.
been working for me, but use at your own risk of coarse.

But I agree this should be put in the OP, because it's a big issue due to the need to fully factory reset.

Reactions: stevenespinosa51
Yea I posted about this in the page before this here.
Using styles from the homescreen has no fonts to choose from.
I posted a magisk module that has 22 fonts to choose from.
been working for me, but use at your own risk of coarse.

But I agree this should be put in the OP, because it's a big issue due to the need to fully factory reset.
Oops first off, my apologies for not seeing your post. But yes it's kind of a big issue and yeah I'll give that module a try ty 4 the workaround. And of course everything's at everyone's own risk lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed v9.15 build now available. The issue was caused by signature spoofing in the ROM, it was fixed on the 21st.

This time I dirty flashed v9.15 before release over my previous installation (which was v9.11) and it's working fine.
    Out of curiosity ...

Within the past month or two, the Googlefrinchians started flagging kernels with certain names as being ineligible for DEVICE integrity. The kernel names "crdroid" and "crDroid" are currently on the list of such kernel names.

Does this particular crDroid implementation use a kernel with either of those two names? If so, I believe it would be desirable to change the kernel name to something else, possible a random string of alphanumeric characters.

Thoughts?
    These ROMs are using the stock lineage kernel (which maybe is the same as AOSP?), crdroid is not in its name. At least, not in v9, I can't check earlier versions.
    A11 build updated to v7.39
    Out of curiosity ...

Within the past month or two, the Googlefrinchians started flagging kernels with certain names as being ineligible for DEVICE integrity. The kernel names "crdroid" and "crDroid" are currently on the list of such kernel names.

Does this particular crDroid implementation use a kernel with either of those two names? If so, I believe it would be desirable to change the kernel name to something else, possible a random string of alphanumeric characters.

Thoughts?
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:

Flashing Instructions:

Information:
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware beforehand.
    • Gapps included
    • Magisk or Magisk Delta for root (after first boot)

Installation:

crDroid v7

• Back up anything you want to keep from your internal storage, because Formatting the data in the recovery formats the internal storage
    • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot crDroidAndroid-11.0-xxxxxxxx-redfin-signed-v7.xx-boot.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Sideload crDroid zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Sideload the addons
    • Reboot
    crDroid v8
    • Back up anything you want to keep from your internal storage, because Formatting the data in the recovery formats the internal storage
    • For the first install, Android 12.1 firmware is required from the latest stock ROM
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash vendor_boot crDroidAndroid-12.1-xxxxxxxx-redfin-signed-v8.xx-vendor_boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (comes with flashing vendor_boot)
    • Format data
    • Sideload crDroid zip
      • Sideload the addons
    • Reboot
    crDroid v9
    • For the first install, Android 13 firmware is required from the latest stock ROM
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash vendor_boot crDroidAndroid-13.0-xxxxxxxx-redfin-signed-v9.xx-vendor_boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (comes with flashing vendor_boot)
    • Format data
    • Sideload crDroid zip
      • Sideload the addons
    • Reboot

Sources:

Download:

Known issues:
    • crDroid v7 (Android 11)
      • Bootloop after changing fonts/theme in the settings
    • crDroid v8 (Android 12.1)
      • None
    • crDroid v9 (Android 13)
      • None

Contributors:
    Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help crDroid team pay server costs
    ROM updated to v7.20 with the latest upstream changes. I've disabled smart charging in this version because it's not working.

I've also prepared the build (kinda) for A12/crDroid v8, but I don't have time to try it, hopefully I can try it and release it in the next month.
    Changelog for crDroid v9
    2023-10-24
    - Initial release

2023-11-20
    - Latest upstream crDroid and LineageOS changes
    - Blur disabled as it caused some lags

2023-12-22

2024-03-25

Changelog for crDroid v8
    2022-09-12
    - Initial release

2023-04-03
    - Some GApps related fixes

2023-10-14

2023-11-20

2023-12-22

Changelog for crDroid v7
    2021-11-08

2022-01-01

2022-03-13

2022-04-15

2022-05-20

2022-07-31
    - Smart Charging disabled due to issues

2022-08-25

2022-12-24

2023-04-03

2023-10-14

2023-11-20

2023-12-22

2024-03-29
    Update for crDroid 7.13 available to download.

Happy New Year for everyone!
    AICP is in my plans. I want to try it out myself, we will see. :)