- Sep 18, 2018
Lineage-18.1-X00TD-Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
Build type : UNOFFICIAL
Build and signed by @[email protected] | Rajesh R
Disclaimer : ROMs are built for development purpose only. Use at your own risk.
This ROM completely compiled on lineage source code and with minimum workarounds for a successful build. Builds are signed with release-keys.Before installing, refer instructions and changelog for each builds.
About build variants
ROM-Signed release key-user build
TWRP recovery X00TD @Vivekachooz
*Enforcing selinux and user build properties
* Certified device status under google play
* SafetyNet Test is passed
* Smooth ROM experience
Backup procedure and precaution information
Must read before unlocking bootloader and flashing custom ROM
Some explanation regarding the whole widewine L1-L3-Qbeta etc ( Info @ https://t.me/ASUSX00TD from a member )
Starting from Q builds Asus has begun wiping DRM keys if bootloader is unlocked on that build, which is actually default behavior among most other OEMs like pixels, oneplus. Flashing Q builds (Stock beta 1 or latest) or custom ROM on unlocked bootloader through TWRP will permanently loose their L1 certification. widewine keys will be wiped by firmware itself as it detects unlocked bootloader. This also explains why some people, who flashed previous stock Q beta before on locked bootloader, even though first stock Q beta had L3 which means they hadn't fixed L1 on that beta that time , retained their L1/DRM keys on reverting to pie via downgrade zip provided by asus. So in conclusion Asus Q builds/custom ROM will wipe your DRM keys if flashed on Unlocked bootloader. Flashing on locked bootloader shouldn't be any problem!
Also those who have their persist partition backed up in pie should have no problem restoring their DRM keys in case thet got wiped by Q firmware/builds
How to Backup Persist ?
Dump all partitions and make complete backup | Partition layout and structure
use recoveries which support persist partition backup (eg. Orangefox)
Go to recovery > Backup > tick persist > backup > store it safe somewhere with multiple copies.
How to Restore Persist ?
Go to recovery > Restore menu > select backup > tick persist partition > Restore (process similar/different for different recoveries)
Upgrading to LineageOS 18.1
1. Make a backup of your important data
2. Download the build and also Gapps.
3. Download proper addons packages GApps for Android 11/Lineage OS 18.1
4. Make sure your recovery and firmware are up to date
5. For clean flash, Format your system,vendor,data and cache partition partition to install ROM and Gapps.
6. For installing updates format system,vendor and cache partition. keep data partition intact to flash ROM and Gapps.
Secure ROM experience
Avoid permissive selinux and rooting methods for secure ROM experience.
1. Root & SELinux Risks
2. TWRP password protection
3. TWRP encryption
Upcoming builds ( Only for volunteer testers )
* To test Safetynet
To test any ROM
Steps to take log:
1. Install adb drivers in pc and enable usb debugging mode in phone. Also enable root debugging if needed.
2. Connect phone through usb and type the command "adb logcat -d>logcat.txt" in adb command window.You can choose any name you want for txt file. If needed give admin privilege for adb command window.
3. This procedure can also be used to watch occurance of bugs at realtime by connecting phone at adb mode to pc.
Steps to take boot log:
1. Make sure adb is enabled in phone. Connect the phone in usb mode to pc and open adb command window.
2. Switch off the phone and type "adb logcat -d>bootlog.txt".
3. Initially "waiting for the device" message is noticed on adb command window and switch on the phone now. once the device powers on, boot log is recorded.
log text files are stored in location where adb drivers are installed.
Note : Test builds are released here and intended to test upcoming fixes and features.
Kernel source code : https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_asus_sdm660
Kernel developer credits : @SagarMakhar, Lineage Team
Google's AOSP Project.
Lineage OS for the source code and The Open GApps Project.
Contribute to Lineage OS at https://paypal.me/LineageOS
Contribute to Gapps at https://www.paypal.com/donate/?toke...EScTbkNmciIDl9n5LyDW&country.x=US&locale.x=US
Thanks to developers and their contribution on custom ROM development for Asus zenfone max pro M1.
Special thanks for the build server admin and @abhishekt295
It's all free, but donations are welcome
Donations will be contributed to server maintenance
Support developers on their respective threads
Feedback and bug reports are welcome
Kindly use english language on comment section