[ROM][11] [User build][Signed]Lineage-18.1-X00TD-Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1

Search This thread
Mar 27, 2021
Yep, you can't get any OTA updates on an unlocked device. Although I've unlocked my phone using official ASUS tool for that. When you do that, its serial number is recorded on ASUS servers. May be if you unlock the phone with unofficial unlocker it doesn't happen. Don't know about that.

patkk

Mar 14, 2021
Wroclaw
It's building now! Finally!
I already use that source code with minor changes related to kernel like BFQ IO , westwood for wifi or SDR and changes for Dialer which have auto record option. You could download image from my previous posts and perform tests. The system is very stable so I think that official lineageOS for our phones will be great. :D NExt step will be kernel 4.19 :)

ThinkingTwice

Jun 18, 2020
Terrassa
I cannot express my gratitude enough for all the hard work you have put into this Rom, and now for the official release!

One question that has come up before, but there doesn't seem to be a clear and definitive answer to it either on this thread or the Lineage website, is what Asus stock version should we be on when flashing LOS 18.1?

From what I could gather, we should not flash LOS 18.1 from any of the Android 10 versions (432 and 438), and instead should do so from Android 9. But which of these version should we choose between 0.82, 0.84, and 0.87?

Also, could the different stock versions from which we flash LOS 18.1 be the cause of certain issues? (I have had wifi and network issues with 0.87 I believe, and I have almost always faced the "slow charging" issue on both the stock rom and LOS 16)?

Reactions: [email protected]

[email protected]

• Sep 18, 2018
    Pennadam Town Tamil Nadu
    I cannot express my gratitude enough for all the hard work you have put into this Rom, and now for the official release!

One question that has come up before, but there doesn't seem to be a clear and definitive answer to it either on this thread or the Lineage website, is what Asus stock version should we be on when flashing LOS 18.1?

From what I could gather, we should not flash LOS 18.1 from any of the Android 10 versions (432 and 438), and instead should do so from Android 9. But which of these version should we choose between 0.82, 0.84, and 0.87?

Also, could the different stock versions from which we flash LOS 18.1 be the cause of certain issues? (I have had wifi and network issues with 0.87 I believe, and I have almost always faced the "slow charging" issue on both the stock rom and LOS 16)?
    Check the device fingerprint in the ROM. If it uses android 10 fingerprint use the same stock ROM as base and flash your custom ROM. Official lineage and this ROM using blobs from .438 android 10 beta. That is "asus/WW_X00TD/ASUS_X00T_2:9/QKQ1/17.2017.2012.438-20201203:user/release-keys"

So you must be in stock android 10 beta .438 to flash this official lineage OS or this ROM project.

Reactions: ThinkingTwice

sunchar

May 21, 2021
    Hi Rajesh,

The last OTA broke my gapps as OTA ran and system just got booted or I didn't realise gapps needs to be flashed. So the question. Can OTA scripts be modified to pause and remind to flash gapps or just not break the gapps previously installed?

Thank you for the wonderful ROM.

Sunil

[email protected]

• Sep 18, 2018
    Pennadam Town Tamil Nadu
    No issue. Just re
    Hi Rajesh,

The last OTA broke my gapps as OTA ran and system just got booted or I didn't realise gapps needs to be flashed. So the question. Can OTA scripts be modified to pause and remind to flash gapps or just not break the gapps previously installed?

Thank you for the wonderful ROM.

Sunil
    No issue. Just reboot to recovery wipe system and vendor. Flash ROM and Gapps. Reboot. Since gapps is not included in this project try to flash OTA manually using TWRP. OTA is provided to ease update installation without losing Userdata.
    Dirty flash wont affect gapps installed.

Mar 27, 2021
    OK, I can confirm that bootloader locking finally works.
    I flashed official LineageOS recovery (which is pretty lackluster imho, but that's beside the point :)). Then I installed official LOS 18.1 build, rebooted into it, set pin code, although I don't think it's necessary, and rebooted back into bootloader.
    Then I entered two commands which previously never worked: # fastboot flashing lock # fastboot flashing lock_critical. (I did it on Arch, hence the symbol of root terminal). Then rebooted one more time, the phone automatically booted into recovery with the message about obligatory factory reset. Don't freak out when you see it, it's supposed to happen after bootloader was locked. So, I agreed to reset, booted into the system, haven't seen the usual bullshit about my phone being forever cursed and rejoiced.

PS. One more thing. If you're going to use Magisk, make sure you've aquired patched by Magisk boot.img from your ROM and flashed it before relocking the bootloader.

Last edited:
    Reactions: dimasadiyaksa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Does the 18.1 X00TD support file system encryption? In 16 it isn't working...
      It encrypts the data partition automatically during system installation. And it worked on LOS 16 as well, you just had to do it manually.
      In order to upgrade firmware you have to reflash the official 'service' firmware for our device. The last one is called 'ZB601KL(ZB602KL)_16.2017.2009.87'. I'm not sure it's available on this site. I hope I won't be banned... Here is the link - WW__ZB601KL(ZB602KL)_16.2017.2009.87_MR9.91_20200826_Phone-user-132442344023259641.rar
      1. Boot into fastboot.
      2. Execute flash_all.sh if you set up your android tools on linux or you can try to execute flash_AFT.cmd, although I don't know if it works or not. I never let Windows to touch my phone.
      3. So,
      Code:
      $ cd /where/unpacked/firmware/is/
      Code:
      $ chmod +x flash_all.sh
      Code:
      $ sudo flash_all.sh

Then after 087 version is installed you can update the firmware to the one you mentioned in your post. Just put that file to the phone's root directory and reboot the phone. You will get a prompt about a new update found.
      After all that you will be able to proceed with instructions on LOS wiki.
      That's interesting. I couldn't relock the bootloader on rajesh's build. I tried the build from 20.05. Flashed it with the official recovery. It works fine but when I try to relock the bootloader, the phone goes into 'red state'. Did somebody successfully relock the bootloader with any of custom builds from rajesh? May be I made a mistake somewhere, I'm not sure.

PS. In the official userdebug build in 'Developer options' there is an option called 'OEM unlocking'. You need to enable it if you want to flash custom boot image or whatever else, but I didn't find such an option in rajesh's build. So I guess something is missing.
      Locking bootloader support not yet added. It will be added in upcoming build.
      Build : lineage-18.1-20210523-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * AVB disabled and Verity Enabled.
      * Locking bootloader supported. Works only with lineage recovery.
      * Dirty flash on previous build wont work. It is not OTA release. Only clean flash recommended.
      * Added variable vibration control.
      * Sound control features added.
      * New features on dialer app.
      * Adaptive sleep features.
      Build : lineage-18.1-20210523-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * Dirty flash on previous build wont work. It is not OTA release. Only clean flash recommended.
      do you have any repo with your changes?
      Changelog

1. lineage-18.1-20210409-UNOFFICIAL-X00TD.zip
      * Initial build.
      * Engineering build properties
      * Permissive selinux.

2. lineage-18.1-20210412-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * Enforcing selinux and user build properties
      * Release-key signed.
      * Android Verified Boot (AVB)

3. lineage-18.1-20210413-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * Fixes and kernel updates

4. lineage-18.1-20210418-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * New fixes

5. lineage-18.1-20210419-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * Fixes on DTW and battery status LED notification.
      * Screen density.
      * Vibration intensity control on accessibility settings.
      * Clean flash recommended
      * OTA support added for upcoming builds

6. OTA : lineage-18.1-20210423-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * Fixes on DTW and battery status LED notification.
      * Fixes on SafetyNet Test
      * Screen density.

7. OTA : lineage-18.1-20210428-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * Synced with source updates.

8. OTA : lineage-18.1-20210504-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * lineage recovery and fastboot zip support added.
      * Safetynet fixes and lineage kernel updates.

9. OTA : lineage-18.1-20210511-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * Android Verified Boot (AVB) Enabled
      * Security patch update
      * Kernel updates

10. OTA : lineage-18.1-20210514-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * Updated device fingerprint and vendor patch level from latest asus android 10 beta.
      * OTA link fixes.

11. OTA : lineage-18.1-20210517-X00TD-user-signed.zip

12. OTA : lineage-18.1-20210520-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * OTA Fixes and Synced with source updates.

13. Build : lineage-18.1-20210523-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * Test build with new features.

14. Build : lineage-18.1-20210525-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      Note : Lock only if lineage recovery is flashed. If bootloader locked with twrp. Device fails to boot and only fastboot mode helps to solve the issue to unlock bootloader again.

15. OTA : lineage-18.1-20210528-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * Safetynet Fix.
      * OTA supported only to lineage-18.1-20210525-X00TD-user-signed.zip

16. OTA : lineage-18.1-20210604-X00TD-user-signed.zip
      * Synced with source updates and fixes.
      hero.png

About LineageOS

Lineage-18.1-X00TD-Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1

Build type : UNOFFICIAL

Build and signed by @[email protected] | Rajesh R

Disclaimer : ROMs are built for development purpose only. Use at your own risk.

This ROM completely compiled on lineage source code and with minimum workarounds for a successful build. Builds are signed with release-keys.Before installing, refer instructions and changelog for each builds.

About build variants

ROM-Signed release key-user build

My Projects

lineage-18.1-20210604-X00TD-user-signed.zip

fastboot-lineage-18.1-20210604-X00TD-user-signed-images.zip

lineage-18.1-20210604-recovery-X00TD.img

TWRP recovery X00TD @Vivekachooz

Features

* Changelog-25
      *Enforcing selinux and user build properties
      * Certified device status under google play
      * SafetyNet Test is passed
      * Smooth ROM experience

Instructions

Backup procedure and precaution information

Must read before unlocking bootloader and flashing custom ROM

Some explanation regarding the whole widewine L1-L3-Qbeta etc ( Info @ https://t.me/ASUSX00TD from a member )

Starting from Q builds Asus has begun wiping DRM keys if bootloader is unlocked on that build, which is actually default behavior among most other OEMs like pixels, oneplus. Flashing Q builds (Stock beta 1 or latest) or custom ROM on unlocked bootloader through TWRP will permanently loose their L1 certification. widewine keys will be wiped by firmware itself as it detects unlocked bootloader. This also explains why some people, who flashed previous stock Q beta before on locked bootloader, even though first stock Q beta had L3 which means they hadn't fixed L1 on that beta that time , retained their L1/DRM keys on reverting to pie via downgrade zip provided by asus. So in conclusion Asus Q builds/custom ROM will wipe your DRM keys if flashed on Unlocked bootloader. Flashing on locked bootloader shouldn't be any problem!

Also those who have their persist partition backed up in pie should have no problem restoring their DRM keys in case thet got wiped by Q firmware/builds
      How to Backup Persist ?

Dump all partitions and make complete backup | Partition layout and structure

Recovery method

use recoveries which support persist partition backup (eg. Orangefox)
      Go to recovery > Backup > tick persist > backup > store it safe somewhere with multiple copies.

How to Restore Persist ?

Go to recovery > Restore menu > select backup > tick persist partition > Restore (process similar/different for different recoveries)

Upgrading to LineageOS 18.1

1. Make a backup of your important data
      2. Download the build and also Gapps.
      3. Download proper addons packages GApps for Android 11/Lineage OS 18.1
      4. Make sure your recovery and firmware are up to date
      5. For clean flash, Format your system,vendor,data and cache partition partition to install ROM and Gapps.
      6. For installing updates format system,vendor and cache partition. keep data partition intact to flash ROM and Gapps.

Secure ROM experience

Avoid permissive selinux and rooting methods for secure ROM experience.
      Refer
      1. Root & SELinux Risks
      2. TWRP password protection
      3. TWRP encryption

Screenshots

a9dhY0j.jpeg

YiBJz7c.jpeg

Upcoming builds ( Only for volunteer testers )

lineage-18.1-20210529-X00TD-user-signed.zip

* To test Safetynet

To test any ROM

Requirements:

Windows/linux Pc
      adb drivers
      Usb cable.

Steps to take log:

1. Install adb drivers in pc and enable usb debugging mode in phone. Also enable root debugging if needed.
      2. Connect phone through usb and type the command "adb logcat -d>logcat.txt" in adb command window.You can choose any name you want for txt file. If needed give admin privilege for adb command window.
      3. This procedure can also be used to watch occurance of bugs at realtime by connecting phone at adb mode to pc.

Steps to take boot log:

1. Make sure adb is enabled in phone. Connect the phone in usb mode to pc and open adb command window.
      2. Switch off the phone and type "adb logcat -d>bootlog.txt".
      3. Initially "waiting for the device" message is noticed on adb command window and switch on the phone now. once the device powers on, boot log is recorded.

log text files are stored in location where adb drivers are installed.

Note : Test builds are released here and intended to test upcoming fixes and features.

Source Code

Kernel source code : https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_asus_sdm660

Kernel developer credits : @SagarMakhar, Lineage Team

Credits

Google's AOSP Project.
      Lineage OS for the source code and The Open GApps Project.
      Contribute to Lineage OS at https://paypal.me/LineageOS
      Contribute to Gapps at https://www.paypal.com/donate/?toke...EScTbkNmciIDl9n5LyDW&country.x=US&locale.x=US
      Thanks to developers and their contribution on custom ROM development for Asus zenfone max pro M1.

Special thanks for the build server admin and @abhishekt295

Tester credits
      1. @Orion281
      2. @patkk

It's all free, but donations are welcome
      Donations will be contributed to server maintenance

84rwGCO.jpg

shThQL3.jpg

Support developers on their respective threads

Feedback and bug reports are welcome

Kindly use english language on comment section
      Official lineage-18.1 for asus zenfone max pro m1 (X00TD) will be available in the upcoming days. l guess lineage will bring back support for asus zenfone max pro m1. Device tree has been submitted.
      Rajesh, I saw the May security string has been uploaded, hope to see a new build soon :)
      Upcoming builds ( Only for volunteer testers )

lineage-18.1-20210511-X00TD-user-signed.zip

* Android Verified Boot (AVB) Enabled
      * Security patch update
      * Kernel updates
      It's building now! Finally!