• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][whyred] Pixel Experience [Stable][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

sharkm43510

Aug 18, 2021
You need a FBE recovery to make it working
What is FBE? And, before it works nice, so. Imo my recovery is good.

xSieg

Apr 18, 2013
Hi, what means WIFI Display not works? Can I use a Chromecast or Android TV with the ROM?

IcySpike1337

Sep 2, 2020
Everything's fine, ROM is stable, system updater works very well. However I don't like the fact that we have to use an unofficial custom recovery to avoid bootloop and fix encryption. There is also lack of notification mute when screen is on, no kill app feature in notifications. Despite this, it's great.

Reactions: polya95

Renz1er

--- Review of Pixel Experience (Plus) 19th Oct Build Android 11 ---

Usage Environment:
Did a clean flash with latest firmware; been using it for almost a week now; magisk and lsposed installed, both has 4+ modules including gms doze and xprivacy lua; most apps being restricted manually in adaptive battery section.

Usage: Light to medium, usually involves calling, using sns and browsing. Always connected to wifi and in gsm/wcdma preferred mode.

Stability: Its a solid 9/10; very stable, rarely noticed hiccups.

Battery Backup: Its just moderate, 1 hour of SoT kills 20% battery, 5 hours of SoT is always there I can push it to 6 rarely. You can easily use it for a single day with a little bit of charge left on it. But, standby time and battery consumption during standby isn't that great. Not sure, why doze wasn't kicking in.

Bugs: Not sure if these bugs are just limited to me or not, but these were things noticed while using it for the last few days:

1. The phone restarts every time, mobile data is turned on. I kept Data Saver on and had multiple apps mobile data connection turned off from settings.
2. Often screen brightness was very low, when the device was unlocked and then slowly it increased to the default brightness. Auto brightness was turned off.
3. Face recognition works, but is not consistent. Often even in bright zone fails to unlock. The situation gets even worse when its slightly dark.

Hope this helps everyone get an idea about the ROM.

Reactions: polya95

Quartz85

May 17, 2010
Hi guys, i have a little problem, after flash pixel rom i can't enter into recovery mode, the device freezes on the recovery splash screen and i can't update or change rom because it is in bootloop. The only thing I can do is use mi flash with original rom for unlock it. Any solution?? Pls help me and sorry for bad english.

SunilSuni

Jul 5, 2017
Bengaluru
Hi guys, i have a little problem, after flash pixel rom i can't enter into recovery mode, the device freezes on the recovery splash screen and i can't update or change rom because it is in bootloop. The only thing I can do is use mi flash with original rom for unlock it. Any solution?? Pls help me and sorry for bad english.
You have to flash custom recovery which supports File based encryption

Reactions: u81 and Quartz85

Top Liked Posts

The ROM so far is amazing and works like a charm (11 Plus edition)

The only issue I have at the moment is that some apps stop detecting there is a WiFi or Mobile connection available and the only solution to this is to restart the phone.
    This seems to be random, can happen a few times a day. Not sure what is wrong here. The apps are different as well. AliExpress, Notion etc.etc.
    The ROM so far is amazing and works like a charm (11 Plus edition)

The only issue I have at the moment is that some apps stop detecting there is a WiFi or Mobile connection available and the only solution to this is to restart the phone.
    This seems to be random, can happen a few times a day. Not sure what is wrong here. The apps are different as well. AliExpress, Notion etc.etc.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro/Ai [whyred]

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    • Wifi
    • RIL
    • Mobile data
    • GPS
    • Camera
    • Flashlight
    • Camcorder
    • Bluetooth
    • Fingerprint reader
    • Lights
    • Sound / vibration

Known issues
    • Carrier Video Calling
    • Wifi Display

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Contributors
    SakilMondal
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader

Version Information
    Stable
    Last Update: 11-03-2021
    Cause I have done clean instal, but still facing/stuck at the google logo...🙏
    You have to format the data, because PixelExperience is not supporting Encryption

Note : there is a difference between wipe data and format data
    If you are using twrp recovery --> Select wipe and then select format data (bottom right) then you should be able to boot into system
    Extremely low earpiece volume while calling... any solution???
    can anyone try power off alarm (set alarm to time more than 10 minutes turn off phone will it turn on at alarm time or not )

Same happened with me ,now im trying to find solution. As per Orangefox recovery developer it's due to FBE ROM.
    You should flash recommended recovery which supports File Based Encryption

Read note message from developers below

Changelog​

• August security patch • Minimal Kernel : Upstream to R14 • Switch to File-Based Encryption (FBE) • Updated translations • Other fixes and improvements • Synced with latest pixel experience sources Note : •1) DO NOT DIRTY FLASH OVER PREVIOUS BUILD 2) YOU MUST FORMAT YOUR DATA FROM CURRENT RECOVERY 3) FLASH NEW FBE SUPPORTED RECOVERY https://t.me/SakilMondalsUpdates/128 4) FLASH THIS ROM • PLEASE BACKUP ALL OF YOUR DATA BECAUSE YOUR INTERNAL STORAGE WILL BE WIPED AFTER FORMATING DATA.

Even i was also stucked at twrp after installing pixel experience ROM but i was able to boot fastboot and flashed the recommended recovery (link is above)
    Encryption seems to be not working for me.
    I kept encryption (didn't format data), did clean flash and chose secure start-up when setting password during first time setup. However when I tried to boot up next time, it stuck on the Google logo and the "To start Android, enter your password" screen didn't show up. I can still decrypt data using TWRP.