[ROM][11][whyred] Pixel Experience [Stable][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Mattew029

Dec 11, 2021
Hi, I need help! 😅
Now my device is running LineageOS 17.1 and I want to try this ROM.
What's the correct precedure to install it?
I've watched a video with this step:
  1. Flash Orange Fox
  2. Format data
  3. Reboot
  4. Wipe data, system, vendor, cache, dalvik
  5. Reboot
  6. Flash MIUI firmware
  7. Flash MIUI vendor
  8. Flash ROM
but I don't understand if the steps 6 and 7 are mandatory/necessary or not.
Usually I've never do it for other ROMs.
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

zohar_ml

Apr 24, 2015
Hi,

I hope that this is a good place for this question, and that I don’t piss anyone.
I don’t find how to use the face unlock:
I wanted to install the pixel experience (I had 11 but messed my phone), when I searched for the download rom I ended at https://download.pixelexperience.org/whyred where it says the V12 is the stable version.
I installed it without a problem, and the phone runes fine. But I just can’t find how to set a face unlock.

Searched xda and only find the V12 of Pixel Experience for the vince (my model is <1803E7SG).
a) Is there a face unlock for the Whyred in V12 (I saw that for the vince there is)?
b) Why don’t I see the V12 thread here?

Thanks

foyzone

Jan 16, 2022
Hi can someone answer my question?I have a device, as I know it this is Redmi Note 5 AI Global.
Is this ROM compatible since it is Redmi Note 5 Pro ROM. ?
I am confused about the variants. Thanks in advance.

Mattew029

Dec 11, 2021
Hi can someone answer my question?I have a device, as I know it this is Redmi Note 5 AI Global.
Is this ROM compatible since it is Redmi Note 5 Pro ROM. ?
I am confused about the variants. Thanks in advance.
In some market the name is both Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 pro.
This ROM is for the device on the right side of the image (look at the shape and the position of the camera).
The code name of this device (valid for all the country and market) is whyred.

111.jpg

Reactions: foyzone

foyzone

Jan 16, 2022
In some market the name is both Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 pro.
This ROM is for the device on the right side of the image (look at the shape and the position of the camera).
The code name of this device (valid for all the country and market) is whyred.

View attachment 5510779
Thank you for the effort of answering my question. I got it, and this is the one im looking. My phone is the one in the right. Thank you very muc :)

By the way sir, do you have the link for flashing tutorial. I am new here and believe me I am trying to find it. I am just not familiar yet. TIA

unstopable16

Aug 9, 2013
Lagos
Thank you for the effort of answering my question. I got it, and this is the one im looking. My phone is the one in the right. Thank you very muc :)

By the way sir, do you have the link for flashing tutorial. I am new here and believe me I am trying to find it. I am just not familiar yet. TIA
Maybe the instructions on the download page can help. Assuming you've done something similar before.

Redrum7BE

Sep 15, 2021
I'm posting here since there is no thread for V12.

I installed the v12 version last month and everything was fine, but now the January update was released and the updater tells me that a manual clean install (data partition format) is required.
Is this normal?
Will it be required for every update going forward?

polya95

May 8, 2011
Szeged

I installed the v12 version last month and everything was fine, but now the January update was released and the updater tells me that a manual clean install (data partition format) is required.
Is this normal?
Hi!

If the dev is that careful and kind to suggest it, you should do it.
There is always a reason. He doesn't want you to end up in bootloop or encounter any other bug.
I don't know whether it we'll be required afterwards.

Always chech the dev's Telegram channel too, for further information!

Mattew029

Dec 11, 2021

Is this normal?
It's necessary because form the last update the ROM in encrypted.
So clean install and use aosp recovery.
Otherwise you have to decrypt the ROM.

Fedegblack

Jul 11, 2018
Hi, I used to have Pixel Experience with android 9 but I got stuck in a bootloop. If I ever get out of that problem, is it possible to upgrade directly to this 12 one? And is it possible to disable encryption?

Mattew029

Dec 11, 2021
Hi, I used to have Pixel Experience with android 9 but I got stuck in a bootloop. If I ever get out of that problem, is it possible to upgrade directly to this 12 one? And is it possible to disable encryption?
I'm not an expert to solve bootloop, I'm sorry. I hope that you'll solve it.
For Pixel Experience 12, a clean install is necessary. If you want to disable the encryption you have to flash a specific file after you've flashed the file of the ROM.

Redrum7BE

Sep 15, 2021
I installed aosp recovery and did a clean install of the latest build. Everything seems to be working fine.

I suggest editing the wiki for the install guide as it is still based on twrp. Specifically the link to the custom recovery needs to be changed and the procedure to sideload is slightly different ("Apply update" and then "Apply from adb" instead of "Advanced" and then "ADB sideload").

Reactions: polya95

Top Liked Posts