[ROM][11.x] dotOS [Guacamole]

Search This thread

tmeuze

Mar 8, 2014
Hi All
I dont why but my android auto is not working the cable detect the mobile but dont start the android auto? anyone have the same issue? or how to solve?

Same issue here. Do you know of any non-OOS ROMs that do work? This seems like a common issue with ROMs for this model.

cykalala

Jul 25, 2021
Hi All
I dont why but my android auto is not working the cable detect the mobile but dont start the android auto? anyone have the same issue? or how to solve?

please stop using Custom roms when you rely on your phone for official functions that are not core features. Android Auto is not a core function and there may be an issue with the rom or possibly just your phone. Either way, stick to using official roms only and at most just vanilla OOS and root. This should be a lesson for you from here on out.

Lutiox

May 18, 2010
CO
please stop using Custom roms when you rely on your phone for official functions that are not core features. Android Auto is not a core function and there may be an issue with the rom or possibly just your phone. Either way, stick to using official roms only and at most just vanilla OOS and root. This should be a lesson for you from here on out.
i don't know who you are i don't care what you say! I always use Roms and it's my decision, if you are not going to give a solution or a process ro solve this in this post, I dont know what your doing here noob. Im old in all of this process and I always a beta tester and I give feedbacks to all roms to help the creators to have the best custom rom.

Reactions: drumslave

tmeuze

Mar 8, 2014
This is called a bug report, and is standard in the FOSS community. Moreover, Android Auto is a core function of the OS; it's baked into Gapps. ROMs are meant to incorporate feedback from users. Developers rely on users to test functions. I don't think this attitude belongs here.

i don't know who you are i don't care what you say! I always use Roms and it's my decision, if you are not going to give a solution or a process ro solve this in this post, I dont know what your doing here noob. Im old in all of this process and I always a beta tester and I give feedbacks to all roms to help the creators to have the best custom rom.
I'm not using this ROM at the moment, but it would be helpful if you include a logcat of what's happening when you try to use AA, as per the OP.

linx1287

Nov 10, 2011
Dhaka
Hi, sorry for the long post, but I just need some clarification on some things because I am interested in flashing this rom.
As i understand it, this needs OOS11 as a base, but since the TWRP maintained by mauronofrio has not been updated, is it ok to use the one maintained and worked on by Nebrassy? If so, then I can flash oos11 with twrp just like it was with OOS10 and mauronofrio's TWRP.
Assuming the above method is ok, then the flashing procedure is the same as with other AOSP roms?

• Reboot to recovery
  • Factory reset from recovery and format data
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash zip and TWRP installer zip
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash gapps and reboot to system
  • After passed setup screen, reboot to TWRP and flash Magisk zip
Thanks in advance.

Zhuang zhuang

Apr 16, 2016
Ho Chi Minh
Hi, sorry for the long post, but I just need some clarification on some things because I am interested in flashing this rom.
As i understand it, this needs OOS11 as a base, but since the TWRP maintained by mauronofrio has not been updated, is it ok to use the one maintained and worked on by Nebrassy? If so, then I can flash oos11 with twrp just like it was with OOS10 and mauronofrio's TWRP.
Assuming the above method is ok, then the flashing procedure is the same as with other AOSP roms?

• Reboot to recovery
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Reboot to recovery
Thanks in advance.
You can flash rom in Nebrassy's TWRP but have to format data in DotOS recovery before rebooting system

Zhuang zhuang

Apr 16, 2016
Ho Chi Minh
Hi. Thank you for your response. Sorry but i didnt understand that part about DotOS recovery. Do i wipe data in Nebrassy's TWRP after flashing the rom zip?
Nope, after flashing rom zip in Nebrassy, do not flash TWRP installer but reboot to recovery. You will be in DotOS recovery. Then format data using DotOS recovery. If you want to flash TWRP, reboot bootloader & fastboot boot Nebrassy TWRP again.

Reactions: linx1287

linx1287

Nov 10, 2011
Dhaka
Nope, after flashing rom zip in Nebrassy, do not flash TWRP installer but reboot to recovery. You will be in DotOS recovery. Then format data using DotOS recovery. If you want to flash TWRP, reboot bootloader & fastboot boot Nebrassy TWRP again.
Thank you for the clear instructions friend. Just one final question. If I want to go back to OOS from dotOS or any other custom (crdroid los etc.), would the procedure be to flash stock OOS firmware in TWRP, or do I have to use MSMTool and EDL to completely revert to stock?

Last edited:

Zhuang zhuang

Apr 16, 2016
Ho Chi Minh
Thank you for the clear instructions friend. Just one final question. If I want to go back to OOS from dotOS or any other custom (crdroid los etc.), would the procedure be to flash stock OOS firmware in TWRP, or do I have to use MSMTool and EDL to completely revert to stock?
Many people said MSM is the best way, but actuall I never had to use it. I just flash & format in TWRP

Reactions: linx1287

VampireHeart

Jan 13, 2015
Viterbo
OnePlus Nord 3 / Ace 2V

• Reboot to recovery
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Reboot to recovery
Thanks in advance.
You can use Nebrassy (I'm using official twrp decrypted).
From twrp if you have latest Oxygen flashed you can:
- Flash DotOS and twrp
- Reboot to twrp and flash magisk

If you download gapps build not needed to flash other gapps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dotOS_banner-5.0.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 5.1.1

Device: Guacamole

Maintainer: slothdabski

Build Status: Unofficial

banner_discl.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of his/her device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH :

Flash with TWRP and wipe data, or
    Flash with fastboot:
    Reboot to bootloader
    Through fastboot:
    Dump the ROM zipfile through payload_dumper (https://github.com/ssut/payload-dumper-go/releases)
    Reboot to bootloader
    Flash each partition (be sure to open the terminal window in the folder you extracted the payload):

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    *if you never formatted, reboot to recovery and format
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash odm odm.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    Reboot to system

DIRTY FLASH :

Flash with TWRP, or
    Flash with fastboot:
    Reboot to bootloader
    Through fastboot:
    Dump the ROM zipfile through payload_dumper (https://github.com/ssut/payload-dumper-go/releases)
    Reboot to bootloader
    Flash each partition (be sure to open the terminal window in the folder you extracted the payload):

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash odm odm.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    Reboot to system

banner_downlods.png

Android File Host

banner_features.png

Code:
    [LIST]

New and refreshed UI

New Customization app (previous named as DotExtras)

Accent Overlay & RGB Picker

Edge Lightning

Battery Styles

Battery Percentage Styles

Clock Customization

Traffic Indicator

Battery Light Customizations

QS Tiles title toggle

QS Tiles style toggle (AOSP & accent)

QS Rows & Columns Customization

New FOD Icon & Animation picker with previews

FOD recognition color picker

Screen-Off FOD

Automatically temporary disable night light while using FOD (toggle)

New Theme Manager

Overlays based Accent Picker

Material Palette Accent Picker

Smart Accent Picker (find automatically proper shade of accent for the other theme; if you apply custom accent for dark theme, press Smart Accent Picker and it will find a good shade to use for light theme and vice-versa)

Fonts, Icon Packs and Icon Shapes picker

Other Extra Features

Hold power to torch

Double tap on statusbar and lockscreen to sleep

Double tap while sleeping to open doze (ambient display)

Quick Screenshot (3 fingers gesture)

Volume Panel position switch (right or left)

Navigation bar pill size customization (hide, stock, medium, large)

Pocket Mode - avoid scree touches while the phone is in your pocket

Use Biometrics on first boot (unavailable for encrypted users)

Lockscreen Media toggle

Built-in Launcher Grid control

MicroG support

[CENTER]

[/LIST]

banner_credits.png

DotOSteam
    AOSP
    Pixel Experience
    Dirty Unicorn
    And all other open source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer
    Sam Grande - UI Developer/Project Co-ordinator
    Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer

Special thanks:

Aswin
    - Graphics Designer
    ShreeJoy - Web Backend Developer
    Manish Bajpai - Web Frontend Developer

Important Links

Liked The ROM? Want to Help Us? Then gift us some credits

banner_sources.png

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources

telegram.png

Telegram Group

Device Specific Support Group

Telegram Channel

web.png

Website

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS
    and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

XDA DevDB Information
    dotOS, ROM for Violet

Contributors: slothdabski

Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/dotOS-Devices/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150

ROM OS Version: 11.x Android R
    ROM Kernel: 4.14.xxx
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS 11
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Unofficial Stable
    Current Stable Version: v5.1.1
    Stable Release Date: 15-06-2021
    #### New DotOS Release ####

🔷 Build Name: dotOS-R-v5.1.1-guacamole-UNOFFICIAL-20210620.zip
    🔷 Device: OnePlus 7 Pro
    🔷 Build Date: June 20, 2021
    🔷 Android Version: 11.0
    🔷 Size: 999.4 MB (vanilla) | 1.37 GB (gapps)

🗂 Download now: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=326154

📋 Changelog:
    -Add OP Cam/Gallery (no portrait/video)
    -Add Vibration Strength Settings to OP Settings
    -Add Alert Slider Dialog
    -Fix double tap to wake on ambient

🔷 For More Information join: @dot_guacamole

#guacamole #DroidOnTime #dotos
    5.1.2 is out with a lot of changes and fixes