• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.x]Havoc-OS-4.9[UNOFFICIAL][Suzuran]

Search This thread

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
This is what I've read between the lines.
Maybe some is still trying to fix it but the kernel is currently the main focus for most of us (that sounds like a huge developer community, but in fact we are only four people).
I have no time currently to deal with it.
Maybe when the weather gets worse?

beflythis

Jan 2, 2008
Are there limited frequency bands in the build? Recently traveled abroad, roamed with no issue in Switzerland but zero roaming connectivity in Italy; had to double check the phone's hardware band compat which shows it should be fully compatibly with euro carriers, unless they've been omitted from the build for whatever reason.

Reactions: DevelLevel

DevelLevel

Are there limited frequency bands in the build? Recently traveled abroad, roamed with no issue in Switzerland but zero roaming connectivity in Italy; had to double check the phone's hardware band compat which shows it should be fully compatibly with euro carriers, unless they've been omitted from the build for whatever reason.
I have not made any modifications regarding the frequency bands, but Havoc might have...
It is a weird issue though if it worked in Switzerland. I live in Europe and I haven't had any issues so I don't really know how I could replicate your problem...
Do you have any logs?
Were you able to make phonecalls? (Or was both phone calls and data not working)

beflythis

Jan 2, 2008
I have not made any modifications regarding the frequency bands, but Havoc might have...
It is a weird issue though if it worked in Switzerland. I live in Europe and I haven't had any issues so I don't really know how I could replicate your problem...
Do you have any logs?
Were you able to make phonecalls? (Or was both phone calls and data not working)

landed Zurich -> had to toggle mobile data / roaming on/off in the advanced settings to activate full roaming in switzerland (both data, SMS and calls no issue), landed Italy, all my friends picked up roaming.... *crickets for me*. Attempted the same toggles in advanced settings over and over, attempted the *#*#4346 settings tinkering across network types and multiple reboots, and the only confirmation I had of any reception was "emergency services only" in the hidden/uber advanced band settings menu but could at no time enable any kind of network connectivity - was relegated to WIFI the entire time in italy.

Back through Zurich on way out, roaming again full speed, immediately, no issues. Sorry, no logs as as I have no idea how to pull connectivity logs.

DevelLevel

landed Zurich -> had to toggle mobile data / roaming on/off in the advanced settings to activate full roaming in switzerland (both data, SMS and calls no issue), landed Italy, all my friends picked up roaming.... *crickets for me*. Attempted the same toggles in advanced settings over and over, attempted the *#*#4346 settings tinkering across network types and multiple reboots, and the only confirmation I had of any reception was "emergency services only" in the hidden/uber advanced band settings menu but could at no time enable any kind of network connectivity - was relegated to WIFI the entire time in italy.

Back through Zurich on way out, roaming again full speed, immediately, no issues. Sorry, no logs as as I have no idea how to pull connectivity logs.
That's bad, sorry for the inconvinience. Sadly I don't really know if I can do anything about this issue. It is hard to replicate, and might in some cases be bound to the combination of your carrier, you being in Italy and having a z5c...
Did you try with another ROM? Like @Berni-0815's los build?
I believe I was able to roam in Italy with my aex 4.6 build...

beflythis

Jan 2, 2008
no need to apologize! just any good info on what bands are or aren't included in the build would be helpful to others, I'm sure.

I have global unlimited roaming (calls, text and data) with my carrier so absolutely should have gotten coverage. Most likely the bands are ripped and I did have other builds to flash and test, but the last thing I wanted to do was start wiping and restoring my phone while on vacation.

DevelLevel

no need to apologize! just any good info on what bands are or aren't included in the build would be helpful to others, I'm sure.

I have global unlimited roaming (calls, text and data) with my carrier so absolutely should have gotten coverage. Most likely the bands are ripped and I did have other builds to flash and test, but the last thing I wanted to do was start wiping and restoring my phone while on vacation.
Yes! it absolutely is important to inform about the network bands, I will add this issue to the main post.
Well if you got such a data plan it is probably something wrong with the ROM. We just don't know if it is for all ROMs or just Havoc...
Of course it might not be the best thing to wipe and risk bricking your only phone when on vacation :), totally understand. (I did it once and bricked it!!!)
Thank you for reporting this I will probably take my Z5C with me next time I travel abroad to conduct some test;).

Reactions: beflythis

beflythis

Jan 2, 2008
Yes! it absolutely is important to inform about the network bands, I will add this issue to the main post.
Well if you got such a data plan it is probably something wrong with the ROM. We just don't know if it is for all ROMs or just Havoc...
Of course it might not be the best thing to wipe and risk bricking your only phone when on vacation :), totally understand. (I did it once and bricked it!!!)
Thank you for reporting this I will probably take my Z5C with me next time I travel abroad to conduct some test;).
great idea adding the info to the header post! thanks for the work and reply, as always.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    havoc.png

Disclaimer:
    I am building this ROM in my spare time,
    feel free to report bugs and things that do not work but I may not be able to fix does.
    I just wanted to share my project.
    I am not responsible for any bricked or faulty devices!

Description:
    "Havoc-OS 3.x is based on AOSP, inspired by Google Pixel.
    Has a refined Material Design 2 UI crafted by @SKULSHADY.
    So many features that you probably won't find in any ROM.
    All you can dream of and all you'll ever need.
    Just flash and enjoy..."
    Team Havoc

Key Features:
    Android version: 11.x
    Kernel version: 3.10.108
    Security patch: 2021-09-05
    Selinux: Enforcing

Working:
    WIFI, Bluetooth, Location, Camera, Calls, SMS, etc

Not Working:
    The fingerprint sensor is unreliable, you tell me
    (@beflythis has reported that the ROM has some roaming issues
    read futhere here)

Flashing:
    Flash TWRP
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe
    Flash Havoc-OS
    (Optionally flash Magisk/Gapps)
    Reboot

Downloads:
    Gcloud
    Mega

Sources:
    Kernel
    Suzuran
    Kitakami-common

Credits:
    Everybody who is involved in the Havoc-OS and LOS development.
    @Berni-0815 and other msm8994 kitakami developers who made this possible for our phone.
    (If you feel that you should be listed here too, just tell me.)​
    New release!

2021-04-08
    -Upstreamed Havoc-OS sources to version 4.3
    -Security patches updated to 2021-03-05
    -Safetynet passing
    -Implemented Kcal display driver, Thanks to @savoca
    -Implemented Adreno idler, Thanks to @arter97
    -Implemented "zen" and "fifo" i/o schedulers, Thanks to @GreyLeshy
    -Implemented "Chill" and "BioShock" governors, Thanks to @GreyLeshy
    -Implemented Boeffla-wakelock-blocker, Thanks to andip71 @ github.com
    Hello
    Thank you for your tireless efforts.
    Your rom is fine and I really like it.
    However, it fails to SafetyNet authentication.
    Please tell me how to succeed.
    Best regards.
    I don't know how to succeed yet, but I am working on it. Sadly it does not help by changing the fingerprint...
    New release!

2021-06-10
    -Security patches updated to 2021-05-05
    -Upstreamed Havoc-OS sources to version 4.5
    -Upstreamed Device trees and kernel from @Berni-0815 (Thanks!)
    anyone successfully using android auto with this? Would love to try the build, but hate breaking a perfect setup to experience new bugs and ultimately revert.

Any qualitative feedback on the camera performance?? Is it "like stock" as an AOSP rom, or "exactly stock" ?

Thanks to devs for the work!!!

I have not tried android auto with this ROM, but I can maybe test it during this week if I got time. Camera performance is the same as if you would use @Berni-0815's lineage 18.1, because i'm using his blobs (thx!). I would describe it as a little bit worse (due to proprietary stuff) than the stock Sony ROM, but not much worse:)

np
    I can now confim that Android Auto is working fine on this ROM :cool: