[ROM] [12.0.0_r2] ArrowOS Poco X3 [BETA/EARLY RELEASE]

Search This thread

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
I'm currently on AOS11, and I'd like to update to the latest 12.1, however there's one thing that is stopping me so far... is it actually possible to do a dirty upgrade from 11? I mean, I know it's not supported, and that I must be ready to recover or reinstall.

However, I've got some customizations that are not that easy to back up (assuming it's possible at all), and I'd like to know if there's at least a chance that I won't need to redo everything from scratch. Also, some "secure" apps (banks, etc.) don't really like being backed up and restored, and having to re-register them can be a PITA.

Has anybody ever tried the dirty upgrade path and can share the experience?

I also assume there's still no TWRP that can decrypt with fingerlock / PIN / pattern, right? One of the things I like better is to be able to access my data, even if (when!) things go wrong, without having to essentially keep my phone decrypted, though I guess I could live without it.
Most of your customizations won't work on ArrowOS 12 anyway.

Do a backup with something like Migrate and then do a clean flash like everyone else.

Re-registering your banking apps shouldn't take longer than a minute per app.

temporarium

Most of your customizations won't work on ArrowOS 12 anyway.

Do a backup with something like Migrate and then do a clean flash like everyone else.

Yes, and remember that data not only has your app data, but also the system apps' data, which still (most likely) cause glitches moving between ROMs/ROM versions.

Reactions: pnin

anime.g0vno

May 12, 2022
Wallpaper & themes not working after update
Screenshot_20220512-135314_Quickstep.png

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
I'm trying latest release 11.05.2022 since yesterday. No so bad...

Only one problem, really evident : how can I disable that orrible notification in green in the upper right corner saying every 2 seconds "phone services is using your position bla bla bla" ???

EDIT : also a doubt... I've flashed Disable Encryption ZIP file from TWRP. But in Settings / Security, my phone seems to be crypted. It is normal this information? How to verify if it's encrypted or not, even if I know to have flashed the disabling ZIP ?

Last edited:

wurst_wasser

Dec 21, 2012
This rom is very good and I have a great experience, thanks very much!

The only thing that does not work for me completely is Bluetooth audio... It does work with my car stereo but with my headset it does not...

On HD audio (acc) there is no sound, if I switch it off, I get a connection but the quality is very poor and there is rustling and the volume changes... My headset is haylou gt1 pro...

Any ideas what to do?

_arafel_

Apr 28, 2020
It's not only banking apps, also some Government apps... and some of these apps require here (Germany) an initial code that they send by mail and that usually expires after a couple of years. So it can well be already expired by the time you switch phones / ROMs.

If you don't have a valid code, you have to request a new one and wait until it arrives, so it's not like it can't be done. I just wanted to point out that it isn't always as easy as "a minute per app". It can really be a PITA and needs some planning in advance (verify that you still have the codes, find them, ask new ones if not) if you have a couple of apps like this.

Furthermore, some of these apps require manual tweaking to be able to hide root (which you need anyway to hide the unlocked bootloader) beyond what magisk hide (however that's called now with zygote) + shamiko does. For instance, one of them requires you to rename /system/addon.d/99-magisk.sh

Have I said that they are really anal about it?

So I hope you'll understand that after spending a lot of time getting a fully working and tuned system I'm kind of reluctant to start from scratch again ;)

That being said, I'll probably try it today, and I'll also try to recover L1 now that I'm at it (I don't use it, but hey, it's nice to have).

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
It's not only banking apps, also some Government apps... and some of these apps require here (Germany) an initial code that they send by mail and that usually expires after a couple of years. So it can well be already expired by the time you switch phones / ROMs.

If you don't have a valid code, you have to request a new one and wait until it arrives, so it's not like it can't be done. I just wanted to point out that it isn't always as easy as "a minute per app". It can really be a PITA and needs some planning in advance (verify that you still have the codes, find them, ask new ones if not) if you have a couple of apps like this.

Furthermore, some of these apps require manual tweaking to be able to hide root (which you need anyway to hide the unlocked bootloader) beyond what magisk hide (however that's called now with zygote) + shamiko does. For instance, one of them requires you to rename /system/addon.d/99-magisk.sh

So I hope you'll understand that after spending a lot of time getting a fully working and tuned system I'm kind of reluctant to start from scratch again ;)

That being said, I'll probably try it today, and I'll also try to recover L1 now that I'm at it (I don't use it, but hey, it's nice to have).
If you want to get L1 back, flash a recent MIUI ROM in fastboot mode. Should be 12.5.7, if I remember correctly. That should bring Widevide L1 back.

I only have the Sparkasse and AusweisApp2 on my phone and those are easily restored after a clean flash and easily hidden in Magisk.

My foreign banking apps are simply restored with a confirmation code that is sent by SMS. I guess I underestimated how complicated things are in good old Germany

_arafel_

Apr 28, 2020
If you want to get L1 back, flash a recent MIUI ROM in fastboot mode. Should be 12.5.7, if I remember correctly. That should bring Widevide L1 back.

I read somewhere that if your persist partition is broken, it's device-dependent and won't be recovered by a clean flash, but that MIUI.EU includes an option to get new certificates.

I only have the Sparkasse and AusweisApp2 on my phone and those are easily restored after a clean flash and easily hidden in Magisk.
In my case TK-App is the worst offender, by far... it took me many hours to get that one to work.

About AusweisApp2, did you manage to make it work with NFC? I get NFC communication errors, that I assume are related to the same issues people find when paying. So, the card is detected, everything seems to work, but there's some error when doing the actual operations. It feels to me like it detects there's something "wrong" and marks it as insecure.

I tried fastboot flashing a clean stock rom, but it didn't help... Do you perhaps know if I should try EU or Global?

temporarium

Just goes to illustrate how unwise it is to tie everything to your phone. It could be lost/stolen and you have to go through the same PITA. Are there no options for email verification? OTP?

The more we resist the adoption of this kind of "2FA" (ie., tracking), the better.

_arafel_

Apr 28, 2020
Just goes to illustrate how unwise it is to tie everything to your phone. It could be lost/stolen and you have to go through the same PITA. Are there no options for email verification? OTP?

The more we resist the adoption of this kind of "2FA" (ie., tracking), the better.
It's not really the concept of 2FA what bothers me (also with proper implementations like TOTP there needn't be any tracking at all, they can run 100% offline). As somebody who deals now and then with a bit of infosec, I consider it eminently sensible and a step forward.

What is terribly stupid is the way it's implemented in many apps: you can only have one device, and it's not even easy to transfer it even if you still have access to the old device and are fully identified. Otherwise, I could use an old phone as "backup" for these cases.

And the worse is how crazy paranoid they are about "rooted" devices. I find it perfectly fine that some apps warn me, in case I had actually been hacked... but refusing to run at all, and on top of that looking so hard for traces of Magisk is beyond stupid: if I had been hacked, I bet the hackers wouldn't be using it.

temporarium

It's not really the concept of 2FA what bothers me (also with proper implementations like TOTP there needn't be any tracking at all, they can run 100% offline). As somebody who deals now and then with a bit of infosec, I consider it eminently sensible and a step forward.

What is terribly stupid is the way it's implemented in many apps: you can only have one device, and it's not even easy to transfer it even if you still have access to the old device and are fully identified. Otherwise, I could use an old phone as "backup" for these cases.

And the worse is how crazy paranoid they are about "rooted" devices. I find it perfectly fine that some apps warn me, in case I had actually been hacked... but refusing to run at all, and on top of that looking so hard for traces of Magisk is beyond stupid: if I had been hacked, I bet the hackers wouldn't be using it.
That's right, OTP is good enough. Anyway, personally I don't give away my mobile number or install banking apps. A plastic credit card is harder to compromise, and if it is, I'm off the hook. But, if you have a banking app on a rooted phone (if it runs), it could be used as an excuse by the financial institution for not taking responsibility.

I have a problem with this ROM. Not sure if it is the problem with this particular ROM. Tried flashing another ROM but failed. When i install a update it just boots to the recovery mode and then stops there. Everytime there is update i have to manually download the update and then do a dirty flash. Is there anyway to fix this issue? I tried using OrangeFox instead of TWRP, same error.

lLitOl

Sep 22, 2016
I have a problem with this ROM. Not sure if it is the problem with this particular ROM. Tried flashing another ROM but failed. When i install a update it just boots to the recovery mode and then stops there. Everytime there is update i have to manually download the update and then do a dirty flash. Is there anyway to fix this issue? I tried using OrangeFox instead of TWRP, same error.
i have the same problem! i think is for encrypte internal memory! i need help whit fix tath!

H0rdak

That's right, OTP is good enough. Anyway, personally I don't give away my mobile number or install banking apps. A plastic credit card is harder to compromise, and if it is, I'm off the hook. But, if you have a banking app on a rooted phone (if it runs), it could be used as an excuse by the financial institution for not taking responsibility.
No idea how a bank should determine or prove that your cell phone is rooted :) but banking apps are IMHO maybe a practical but not a good solution.

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
No idea how a bank should determine or prove that your cell phone is rooted :) but banking apps are IMHO maybe a practical but not a good solution.
Indeed, a necessary evil.

I don't know what you are dealing with, but I could not handle our numerous card and bank accounts without the respective apps, as they are mandatory for receiving TANs and confirming transactions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Zpower. Thanks for the info.

I have confirmed twrp-3.6.2_12-0-surya-26.06.img WILL DECRYPT ArrowOS 12.1.

I tested this by clean wiping my POCO X3 NFC phone & installing twrp-3.6.2_12-0-surya-26.06.img & Arrow OS Arrow-v12.1-surya-OFFICIAL-20220623-GAPPS.zip. It works!
    I just flashed the new TWRP build over the old one on a system with Arrow 12.1 already installed and it decrypted the storage successfully.
    Since I updated the firmware, the random shutdowns stopped, BUT I had random reboots. Basically in any moment, my phone will reboot (arrow logo and then start screen).

I don't think I can keep using this because it is very unstable.

Maybe I will go to 11, but I loved Android 12. :(
    I have none of that with ArrowOS 12. I haven't had a single reboot this month.

A clean flash will probably solve all your problems
    Please, make mirrors online so others can also benefit (I suggest mirrored.to for ease of use)... 🙏
    ok here it is
    Is it alright to dirty flash the new firmware if I’m updating from Arrow 12.1 June 2 build?
    I think it's no problem but I never flashed fw separately. So make sure to have a backup ready in case it went wrong.

Official instructions:

Be sure flash latest recommended regional firmware/vendor before flashing ArrowOS builds.

CLEAN FLASH:
    0. (As our dynamic partitions, You don't need to clean wipe anything)
    1. Flash Rom.
    2. Flash Gapps or MicroG (OPTIONAL: If you flash vanilla build).
    3. Format Data.
    4. Reboot.

DIRTY FLASH
    1. Flash Rom.
    2. Reboot.

NOTE: If you are using DFE module etc, you will need to reflash it.
    Follow Telegram group yourself. It's a very active community with a lot of expertise. Especially Nikita is know to be very well informed and in close contact with the dev.
    okay thank you
    logo.png

ArrowOS

Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source
    - https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya.git
    Note:

- Clean flash is required to avoid any issues.
    ygb7 said:
    My Clean flash of Arrow-v12.0-surya-OFFICIAL-20220123-GAPPS.zip still shows only Screenshot at the bottom of the recents window.

Where in the launcher settings? I do not see any recents setting at all in the default Lawnchair launcher settings
    It's in the launcher settings.

Zzenyoo,

Thank you very much for showing me how to enable the Clear All Button At the Bottom of the Recents screen for ArrowOS 12 - Arrow-v12.0-surya-OFFICIAL-20220123-GAPPS.zip

I feel really stupid & highly embarrassed that I was not able to figure this out for myself. The answer was right in my face & I did not see it. I am truly humbled. Thank you again for your patience & your reply.

I included procedures & screenshots below to help anyone else that may want to turn on or off the Clear All Button At the Bottom of the Recents screen for ArrowOS 12.

Procedure
    1. Long press any blank space on the Lawnchair Launcher screen
    2. Select Home Settings from the menu
    3. Select Recents from the Settings menu
    4. Select Clear All Button at Bottom button
    5. Verify by selecting recents buttons at very bottom of screen. Clear all will now show at the bottom of the screen instead of the extreme left of the recents screen.
    Screenshots

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg
    Moderator Announcement

Thread has been cleaned. I'd appreciate if "unsuitable" posts are only reported but not replied to.

And allow me a personal remark: I've recognised some impatience in the reports. Please be aware that ALL moderators are volunteers who are doing this "job" absolutely for free besides our real life, real family and friends, real business and occupation. This means we aren't always able to immediately react to a report but I promise and can assure you, we do our very best that every report is handled as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    Everything is working fine so far. The only issue is that the fingerprint scanner acts as some sort of "enter" key. Does anyone know how to make it ignore accidental touches?

I managed to fix the annoying fingerprint issue (the one reported above by me, and by other users on the first few pages of this thread). The fingerprint sensor was acting like an "enter key" whenever I touched it, which was quite annyoing).

It was fixed after completely restarting the whole process, by reflashing the latest MIUI rom (12.5.3 Global) and then repeating all the steps to install ArrowOS. Here's a list of steps, if you're having the same issue or any other issues that might pop up for just some users:

1 - Use MiFlash20210226 to flash the ROM downloaded from xiaomifirmwareupdater website:

"MIUI V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM Stable Official Update for POCO X3 NFC Global (surya)"

The archive name is: surya_global_images_V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM_20211013.0000.00_11.0_global_9eca9fae68.tgz
    Size: 5.2 GB (it's the fastboot type, not the recovery type).

Note 1: if you don't know how to do this, look for "[GUIDE]⚙ USE XIAOMI FLASH TOOL" here on XDA, by user @NOSS8

Note 2: It's normal to receive an error at the end when using the "clean all" option, right when the smartphone automatically reboots while flashing. As long as it's taking a while to flash all the necessary data, it should be fine.

2 - Don't know if this is necessary, but I booted into the MIUI 12.5.3 system, skipped most configs, then I let it finish the initial configuration. Made sure it's the last update avaliable through OTA.

3 - Reboot into fastboot (hold power +volume down).

4 - I used the "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" tool in order to use the fastboot command to flash the latest TWRP compatible with Android 12 by @brigudav
    Currently, the file is called: twrp-3.5.2_10-12-surya-a12.img and you can find it here on XDA.

Note: Boot into TWRP right away after flashing it, don't let your smartphone boot into the MIUI or it'll be overwritten.

5 - While in TWRP, go to WIPE > Advanced wipe > Select "Dalvik / ART cache" + "Cache" + "Data" and confirm the action.
    Press the home button to return to TWRP main menu.

6 - While in TWRP, use "install" to flash the zip archive of the latest firmware package for MIUI V12.5.3.0 (Global).
    Currently, it's: fw_surya_miui_SURYAGlobal_V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM_624ada8a33_11.0.zip also available through the xiaomifirmwareupdater website.
    Press the home button to return to TWRP main menu.

Note: you can use your PC to send these zips into your smartphone's "Download" folder while in TWRP.

7 - Also while in TWRP, use "install" to flash the zip archive of the latest official ArrowOS (Gapps version) with android 12.

Note: Don't forget to go into WIPE > "format data", and typing "yes" to confirm, after flashing the ArrowOS Zip archive.

8 - Reboot system and you're done.