[ROM] [12.0.0_r2] ArrowOS Poco X3 [BETA/EARLY RELEASE]

Search This thread

InContext

Aug 2, 2017
Solved: factory reset. No idea if it's a new bug, the only thread I found about it is on reddit in a Pixel sub from a few months ago.

Installed 12.1 last night, clean install (wiped everything, formatted data) over global firmware 12.5.7.

Has anyone else had internet connection issues?

I can connect to the home wifi and also 4g, but get absolutely no internet. I've tried everything I can think of, from forget to dns server to anything else I've come across.

Last edited:

Jangoux

Jan 3, 2016
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I am having a few mildly annoying issues since I updated from 12.0 latest build to 12.1 ( I am behind a build back from the current one, but this issue has happened since I installed 12.1 a couple months ago - clean flashed and everything)

1- sometimes the phone refuses to charge and even with the charger connected and with the message "charging quickly" being shown, it won't charge at all. Need a system reboot to start charging.

2- the access point feature doesn't work at all. It keeping turning off wifi, resetting itself and eventually the system UI will lag, needing a system reboot

I also randomly have random issues with video players in general lagging the system UI but the previous issues are more important.

Anyone having those same issues mind sharing any advice?

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
I am having a few mildly annoying issues since I updated from 12.0 latest build to 12.1 ( I am behind a build back from the current one, but this issue has happened since I installed 12.1 a couple months ago - clean flashed and everything)

1- sometimes the phone refuses to charge and even with the charger connected and with the message "charging quickly" being shown, it won't charge at all. Need a system reboot to start charging.

2- the access point feature doesn't work at all. It keeping turning off wifi, resetting itself and eventually the system UI will lag, needing a system reboot

I also randomly have random issues with video players in general lagging the system UI but the previous issues are more important.

Anyone having those same issues mind sharing any advice?
There is no upgrade path from the 12 to the 12.1 build.

You have to backup all your apps and data (using Migrate for example) and do a clean flash with the latest build. All of your problems will be gone

Reactions: Juno1337

Jangoux

Jan 3, 2016
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
There is no upgrade path from the 12 to the 12.1 build.

You have to backup all your apps and data (using Migrate for example) and do a clean flash with the latest build. All of your problems will be gone
No buddy, i mention "upgraded" as for I did a clean flash (like explicitly written between the parenthesis) and the installed 12.1. Nowhere did I say I dirty flashed it.

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
No buddy, i mention "upgraded" as for I did a clean flash (like explicitly written between the parenthesis) and the installed 12.1. Nowhere did I say I dirty flashed it.
I'm using the same build you do and have none of that.

The charging problem can be caused by dust or dirt.

But the rest is caused either a Magisk module or one of your apps causing this behavior and I really think a clean flash would solve the problem.

Can you upload a video of the WiFi tethering problem?

Jangoux

Jan 3, 2016
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I'm using the same build you do and have none of that.

The charging problem can be caused by dust or dirt.

But the rest is caused either a Magisk module or one of your apps causing this behavior and I really think a clean flash would solve the problem.

Can you upload a video of the WiFi tethering problem?
It definitely isn't caused by dust or dirt. It only happens if I charge my phone to 100% then use it for a few minutes then put it in the charger again. A reboot is needed and it starts charging as normal without reconnecting the charging cable.

Jangoux

Jan 3, 2016
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I clean flashed again and the charging issue I posted about a few posts back is still an issue for me: if I charge to 100% and then use it until it's done to 90% or so, if I put the charger back in place then it doesn't charge at all even though the charger is recognized and even says "quick charging". A reset is needed to correct the issue.

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
I clean flashed again and the charging issue I posted about a few posts back is still an issue for me: if I charge to 100% and then use it until it's done to 90% or so, if I put the charger back in place then it doesn't charge at all even though the charger is recognized and even says "quick charging". A reset is needed to correct the issue.
Sounds more like a feature than a bug then. It's ment to improve battery health.

If you are rooted, you can you ACC (Magisk module) or Battery Charge Limit (PlayStore) to change charging values to whatever you need

H0rdak

Jan 3, 2021
LeEco Le Pro3
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
It definitely isn't caused by dust or dirt. It only happens if I charge my phone to 100% then use it for a few minutes then put it in the charger again. A reboot is needed and it starts charging as normal without reconnecting the charging cable.
small tip if you want to keep your battery a little longer: it is better not to charge it to 100%. 90 are also enough...;-)

Reactions: Juno1337

praveenjohri

Nov 18, 2007
Hello, can someone give me a path to working recovery for 12.1. I have tried a failed install and there is no ROM file on my phone. I need a working recovery to either push the file to phone and install the ROM or do a side load. I am on TWRP 3.6.2 unofficial but either push or sideload do not work on it.

greatly appreciate any help.

InContext

Aug 2, 2017
Hello, can someone give me a path to working recovery for 12.1. I have tried a failed install and there is no ROM file on my phone. I need a working recovery to either push the file to phone and install the ROM or do a side load. I am on TWRP 3.6.2 unofficial but either push or sideload do not work on it.

greatly appreciate any help.
Did you download the 'twrp-3.6.2_12-0-surya-26.06.img' from brigudav's androidfilehost page?

It works without issue with 12.1.

wCk32d7

Jun 22, 2021
Last updated: 2022-08-15 ( GAPPS build )

I'm experiencing a problem in the Google Play app

The app is incredibly stuck and impossible to navigate after the Arrow OS update.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem ?

( I tried quitting the Google Play app and clearing the cache )

Thank you

wCk32d7

Jun 22, 2021

Maybe fixed in New build. Look on changelog.
I have installed build of: 2022-08-15

It was in this build that the problems with the Google Play Store became apparent...

Newer build for POCO X3 NFC does not exist.

I also noticed that in the latest update dated: 2022-08-15 there is more battery consumption.

So apparently there will be more problems in the latest build

SmartJuwel

I have installed build of: 2022-08-15

It was in this build that the problems with the Google Play Store became apparent...

Newer build for POCO X3 NFC does not exist.

I also noticed that in the latest update dated: 2022-08-15 there is more battery consumption.

So apparently there will be more problems in the latest build
Hi,

I've clean flashed the latest GAPPS-build from 15.08.2022 and can't confirm the issues you are talking about.
Google Play Store is smooth like butter. Battery consumation is <10% per 1hr SOT <= I think that is very OK for a 2 year old phone.
For now everything works fine with latest build

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is the development on this device stalled? I know automatic updates is coming out, but I see no development towards Android 13? Or where can I find an up to date device tree?
    There are unofficial Android 13 builds out for a couple of weeks already. Won't take long till we have the first experimental official builds
    Hi.

I'm about to download the latest update dated 2022-09-05

Does this update have any major bugs or is it bug free ?

I also looked at the page a few days ago: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/surya/

And I noticed that Android 12 firmware is already available for the Surya model what do you think should I use it too or is it not needed yet ?

But I think it's definitely not a bad choice since Arrow OS 12 also runs on Android 12

( I would download the EU version of the firmware )

Thank you for your help.
    i'm using twrp 3.6.2_12-TheStretchh from https://www.pling.com/p/1896487/ (sideload works)

but there is decryption problem
    Unable to decrypt FBE device

Which version i should be used to decryption work or there was some my mistake during rom install ? (formated data, clean flash)
    use this https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=15664248565197208514
    I know that the pixel prob is missing from the recent update.

But the problem is that GAPPS still recognizes the device as a pixel.
    google photo high quality save option not showing However, it is actually being deducted from storage capacity.

I think the ROM should either completely remove the pixel prob... or not deduct the storage capacity as before.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source
    - https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya.git
    Note:

- Clean flash is required to avoid any issues.
    ygb7 said:
    My Clean flash of Arrow-v12.0-surya-OFFICIAL-20220123-GAPPS.zip still shows only Screenshot at the bottom of the recents window.

Where in the launcher settings? I do not see any recents setting at all in the default Lawnchair launcher settings
    It's in the launcher settings.

Zzenyoo,

Thank you very much for showing me how to enable the Clear All Button At the Bottom of the Recents screen for ArrowOS 12 - Arrow-v12.0-surya-OFFICIAL-20220123-GAPPS.zip

I feel really stupid & highly embarrassed that I was not able to figure this out for myself. The answer was right in my face & I did not see it. I am truly humbled. Thank you again for your patience & your reply.

I included procedures & screenshots below to help anyone else that may want to turn on or off the Clear All Button At the Bottom of the Recents screen for ArrowOS 12.

Procedure
    1. Long press any blank space on the Lawnchair Launcher screen
    2. Select Home Settings from the menu
    3. Select Recents from the Settings menu
    4. Select Clear All Button at Bottom button
    5. Verify by selecting recents buttons at very bottom of screen. Clear all will now show at the bottom of the screen instead of the extreme left of the recents screen.
    Screenshots

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg
    Moderator Announcement

Thread has been cleaned. I'd appreciate if "unsuitable" posts are only reported but not replied to.

And allow me a personal remark: I've recognised some impatience in the reports. Please be aware that ALL moderators are volunteers who are doing this "job" absolutely for free besides our real life, real family and friends, real business and occupation. This means we aren't always able to immediately react to a report but I promise and can assure you, we do our very best that every report is handled as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    Everything is working fine so far. The only issue is that the fingerprint scanner acts as some sort of "enter" key. Does anyone know how to make it ignore accidental touches?

I managed to fix the annoying fingerprint issue (the one reported above by me, and by other users on the first few pages of this thread). The fingerprint sensor was acting like an "enter key" whenever I touched it, which was quite annyoing).

It was fixed after completely restarting the whole process, by reflashing the latest MIUI rom (12.5.3 Global) and then repeating all the steps to install ArrowOS. Here's a list of steps, if you're having the same issue or any other issues that might pop up for just some users:

1 - Use MiFlash20210226 to flash the ROM downloaded from xiaomifirmwareupdater website:

"MIUI V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM Stable Official Update for POCO X3 NFC Global (surya)"

The archive name is: surya_global_images_V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM_20211013.0000.00_11.0_global_9eca9fae68.tgz
    Size: 5.2 GB (it's the fastboot type, not the recovery type).

Note 1: if you don't know how to do this, look for "[GUIDE]⚙ USE XIAOMI FLASH TOOL" here on XDA, by user @NOSS8

Note 2: It's normal to receive an error at the end when using the "clean all" option, right when the smartphone automatically reboots while flashing. As long as it's taking a while to flash all the necessary data, it should be fine.

2 - Don't know if this is necessary, but I booted into the MIUI 12.5.3 system, skipped most configs, then I let it finish the initial configuration. Made sure it's the last update avaliable through OTA.

3 - Reboot into fastboot (hold power +volume down).

4 - I used the "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" tool in order to use the fastboot command to flash the latest TWRP compatible with Android 12 by @brigudav
    Currently, the file is called: twrp-3.5.2_10-12-surya-a12.img and you can find it here on XDA.

Note: Boot into TWRP right away after flashing it, don't let your smartphone boot into the MIUI or it'll be overwritten.

5 - While in TWRP, go to WIPE > Advanced wipe > Select "Dalvik / ART cache" + "Cache" + "Data" and confirm the action.
    Press the home button to return to TWRP main menu.

6 - While in TWRP, use "install" to flash the zip archive of the latest firmware package for MIUI V12.5.3.0 (Global).
    Currently, it's: fw_surya_miui_SURYAGlobal_V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM_624ada8a33_11.0.zip also available through the xiaomifirmwareupdater website.
    Press the home button to return to TWRP main menu.

Note: you can use your PC to send these zips into your smartphone's "Download" folder while in TWRP.

7 - Also while in TWRP, use "install" to flash the zip archive of the latest official ArrowOS (Gapps version) with android 12.

Note: Don't forget to go into WIPE > "format data", and typing "yes" to confirm, after flashing the ArrowOS Zip archive.

8 - Reboot system and you're done.