[ROM] [12.0.0_r2] ArrowOS Poco X3 [BETA/EARLY RELEASE]

Search This thread

ygb7

Jun 1, 2015
Noter2017. Thank you for reply.

I never knew that my minor lockscrren clock display preference is such a HUGE issue for lots of users in the Android 12 universe.

I try the workarounds listed in the article & post my final choice back to this forum.

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
Funny that you mention it. This morning I came across this article:

noter2017, are you running A12 and are you pleased with the performance? I'm considering the move. I think you use ANX camera. Just wondering if you know whether or not its working in A12, or what decent camera app is. I don't need anything fancy.

wCk32d7

Jun 22, 2021
Hi
Does anyone know a solution for my answers ? :-(

So today I did a clean install of this ROM

( Until today I was using Arrow OS version 11 )

I installed the GAPPS version

I used this TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664842634

But after installation and subsequent setup I noticed a few changes that bother me quite a bit

First change:

I can't change the layout of the system buttons

Currently the system buttons are set up like this: https://i.ibb.co/xDdrt3Q/1.png

I've always had the layout set like this though: https://i.ibb.co/2gytGMs/2.png so it's quite unusual for me and I'm still getting overwhelmed :-(

Second change:

In the stable build I couldn't find the Updater anywhere to get OTA updates

So I understand that this ROM does not support OTA updates ?

Third change:

I didn't find anywhere where I can customize the main color of all control buttons or the appearance of individual buttons

( On Android 11 this feature was available )

ggogolewski

Nov 1, 2010
Gdańsk
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hi
Does anyone know a solution for my answers ? :-(

So today I did a clean install of this ROM

( Until today I was using Arrow OS version 11 )

I installed the GAPPS version

I used this TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664842634

But after installation and subsequent setup I noticed a few changes that bother me quite a bit

First change:

I can't change the layout of the system buttons

Currently the system buttons are set up like this: https://i.ibb.co/xDdrt3Q/1.png

I've always had the layout set like this though: https://i.ibb.co/2gytGMs/2.png so it's quite unusual for me and I'm still getting overwhelmed :-(

Second change:

In the stable build I couldn't find the Updater anywhere to get OTA updates

So I understand that this ROM does not support OTA updates ?

Third change:

I didn't find anywhere where I can customize the main color of all control buttons or the appearance of individual buttons

( On Android 11 this feature was available )

This is an early version of this ROM and not all features have been added yet. You must wait patiently.

Reactions: qu38mm

wCk32d7

Jun 22, 2021
This is an early version of this ROM and not all features have been added yet. You must wait patiently.
Thank you.

I thought that since the ROM is already in stable release it already contains all the features.

If I knew that I would have stayed on Arrow OS version 11 :-(

Can I still ask how this ROM is doing in terms of battery life ?

It seems to me that on Arrow OS 11 the battery life was much better.

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
noter2017, are you running A12 and are you pleased with the performance? I'm considering the move. I think you use ANX camera. Just wondering if you know whether or not its working in A12, or what decent camera app is. I don't need anything fancy.
The ROM is really really good. A lot better than ArrowOS 11 in my opinion. It has less features and better battery life than A11.

I did a complete clean flash before moving to ArrowOS 12, flashed MIUI 12.5.3 in fastboot mode to start from scratch.

On page 3 or 4, I uploaded the GCam I'm using. It's perfectly stable and has EIS working which is important to me. Macro and ultra wide cameras don't work but that's not important for me.

I tried ANX camera for a few minutes and it's also working if I remember correctly. You can find it here:

Mod Edit: Link Removed

You need Magisk: Flash 1.5, restart, 2.4, restart, 3.0 and restart a last time.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
The ROM is really really good. A lot better than ArrowOS 11 in my opinion. It has less features and better battery life than A11.

I did a complete clean flash before moving to ArrowOS 12, flashed MIUI 12.5.3 in fastboot mode to start from scratch.

On page 3 or 4, I uploaded the GCam I'm using. It's perfectly stable and has EIS working which is important to me. Macro and ultra wide cameras don't work but that's not important for me.

I tried ANX camera for a few minutes and it's also working if I remember correctly. You can find it here:

You need Magisk: Flash 1.5, restart, 2.4, restart, 3.0 and restart a last time.
Thanks Noter2017. I'm gonna give this a try. I have a couple other questions that I should have asked: Is Android Auto working properly - I travel quite a bit? Did you use the installation instructions shown in per post 115 for a clean flash?
Thanks again, the help is appreciated.

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
Thanks Noter2017. I'm gonna give this a try. I have a couple other questions that I should have asked: Is Android Auto working properly - I travel quite a bit? Did you use the installation instructions shown in per post 115 for a clean flash?
Thanks again, the help is appreciated.
I personally don't use Android Auto but I read some comments on this thread saying that it doesn't work.

You need MIUI from here:

Download the fastboot ROM which is 5.3 GB. Use Mi flash tool to flash the ROM (don't relock the bootloader).

Quickly set-up your phone (you can skip most steps).

Flash TWRP, flash ArrowOS, flash Magisk, done

Reactions: jjcdennis

ygb7

Jun 1, 2015
Noter2017. Thank you for reply.

I never knew that my minor lockscrren clock display preference is such a HUGE issue for lots of users in the Android 12 universe.

I try the workarounds listed in the article & post my final choice back to this forum.
I promised to post my final choice for the Ugly Android 12 Lockscreen workaround back to this forum.

Canyon – Lockscreen App
I selected Canyon - Lock Screen - Apps on Google Play . See Android 12 & Canyon lock screen images in this post. It works well on my Poco X3 NFC & the lock screen is beautiful.

Android12 Lockscreen.png
Canyon Lockscreen.png

Additional background info on my selection process.

The Problem – Ugly Android 12 Square Clock
Android 12 square clock display on Google Pixel lock screen an eyesore? Android 12’s new lock screen clock design is a problem for some. Some users report feeling quite uncomfortable with the new way the clock is displayed on the Android 12 lock. Read more in Android 12 Square Clock Article .

Other Workarounds

1 - Always Keeps a Status Bar Notification Active

The workaround to use an app that always keeps a status bar notification active did not work for me on my Poco X3 NFC running Android 12. Maybe because my Poco X3 NFC does not have Always On Display (AOD). Beside it will only make the ugly square 2-digit Lockscreen Clock smaller anyway. I want to completely replace the Android 12 Lockscreen. So, this option is out for me.

Try it for yourself. You can watch 2 minute video of the workaround here.
LockScreen Clock Fix Android 12 in 2 Minutes

2 - Update 1-20 Lockscreen Apps from Article
As of Today Nov 25. 2021, there are twenty (20) updates (Update 1 (Nov 02) - Update 20 (Nov 20)) workarounds apps in the Android 12 Square Clock Article . However, the Android security permission requirements were to too much. I do not want to give a lock screen app Identity or Device Admin security rights on my phone. Sadly, most did not work for me on my Poco X3 NFC running Android 12. After install, I still got the Ugly Android 12 Lockscreen.

wCk32d7

Jun 22, 2021
Hi

Is there any way to turn off the LED when charging and if the battery drops below 15%

If your battery drops below 15% at night and you can't charge your phone right now it's quite disturbing

Thank you

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
I personally don't use Android Auto but I read some comments on this thread saying that it doesn't work.

You need MIUI from here:

Download the fastboot ROM which is 5.3 GB. Use Mi flash tool to flash the ROM (don't relock the bootloader).

Quickly set-up your phone (you can skip most steps).

Flash TWRP, flash ArrowOS, flash Magisk, done
Thanks again. AA is a no go for me. I can wait a bit for it.

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
If you are using/tried Android Auto with this rom, could you please comment back as to how well it is, or isn't working for you? A12 is a no go for me if it doesn't work.
Thanks

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
I fixed it on AOSP by unrestricting AA in battery settings, without battery optimizations it doesn't hang anymore, maybe it's the same here
Its a lot of work for me to wipe and rebuild if your fix doesn't work. But thanks for the suggestion. BTW, I'm not sure which setting you mean, but was AA one of the apps absorbing power when off? I checked in Battery and then the three vertical dots then battery usage. AA wasn't on the list.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source
    - https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya.git
    Note:

- Clean flash is required to avoid any issues.
    ygb7 said:
    My Clean flash of Arrow-v12.0-surya-OFFICIAL-20220123-GAPPS.zip still shows only Screenshot at the bottom of the recents window.

Where in the launcher settings? I do not see any recents setting at all in the default Lawnchair launcher settings
    It's in the launcher settings.

Zzenyoo,

Thank you very much for showing me how to enable the Clear All Button At the Bottom of the Recents screen for ArrowOS 12 - Arrow-v12.0-surya-OFFICIAL-20220123-GAPPS.zip

I feel really stupid & highly embarrassed that I was not able to figure this out for myself. The answer was right in my face & I did not see it. I am truly humbled. Thank you again for your patience & your reply.

I included procedures & screenshots below to help anyone else that may want to turn on or off the Clear All Button At the Bottom of the Recents screen for ArrowOS 12.

Procedure
    1. Long press any blank space on the Lawnchair Launcher screen
    2. Select Home Settings from the menu
    3. Select Recents from the Settings menu
    4. Select Clear All Button at Bottom button
    5. Verify by selecting recents buttons at very bottom of screen. Clear all will now show at the bottom of the screen instead of the extreme left of the recents screen.
    Screenshots

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg
    Moderator Announcement

Thread has been cleaned. I'd appreciate if "unsuitable" posts are only reported but not replied to.

And allow me a personal remark: I've recognised some impatience in the reports. Please be aware that ALL moderators are volunteers who are doing this "job" absolutely for free besides our real life, real family and friends, real business and occupation. This means we aren't always able to immediately react to a report but I promise and can assure you, we do our very best that every report is handled as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    Everything is working fine so far. The only issue is that the fingerprint scanner acts as some sort of "enter" key. Does anyone know how to make it ignore accidental touches?

I managed to fix the annoying fingerprint issue (the one reported above by me, and by other users on the first few pages of this thread). The fingerprint sensor was acting like an "enter key" whenever I touched it, which was quite annyoing).

It was fixed after completely restarting the whole process, by reflashing the latest MIUI rom (12.5.3 Global) and then repeating all the steps to install ArrowOS. Here's a list of steps, if you're having the same issue or any other issues that might pop up for just some users:

1 - Use MiFlash20210226 to flash the ROM downloaded from xiaomifirmwareupdater website:

"MIUI V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM Stable Official Update for POCO X3 NFC Global (surya)"

The archive name is: surya_global_images_V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM_20211013.0000.00_11.0_global_9eca9fae68.tgz
    Size: 5.2 GB (it's the fastboot type, not the recovery type).

Note 1: if you don't know how to do this, look for "[GUIDE]⚙ USE XIAOMI FLASH TOOL" here on XDA, by user @NOSS8

Note 2: It's normal to receive an error at the end when using the "clean all" option, right when the smartphone automatically reboots while flashing. As long as it's taking a while to flash all the necessary data, it should be fine.

2 - Don't know if this is necessary, but I booted into the MIUI 12.5.3 system, skipped most configs, then I let it finish the initial configuration. Made sure it's the last update avaliable through OTA.

3 - Reboot into fastboot (hold power +volume down).

4 - I used the "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" tool in order to use the fastboot command to flash the latest TWRP compatible with Android 12 by @brigudav
    Currently, the file is called: twrp-3.5.2_10-12-surya-a12.img and you can find it here on XDA.

Note: Boot into TWRP right away after flashing it, don't let your smartphone boot into the MIUI or it'll be overwritten.

5 - While in TWRP, go to WIPE > Advanced wipe > Select "Dalvik / ART cache" + "Cache" + "Data" and confirm the action.
    Press the home button to return to TWRP main menu.

6 - While in TWRP, use "install" to flash the zip archive of the latest firmware package for MIUI V12.5.3.0 (Global).
    Currently, it's: fw_surya_miui_SURYAGlobal_V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM_624ada8a33_11.0.zip also available through the xiaomifirmwareupdater website.
    Press the home button to return to TWRP main menu.

Note: you can use your PC to send these zips into your smartphone's "Download" folder while in TWRP.

7 - Also while in TWRP, use "install" to flash the zip archive of the latest official ArrowOS (Gapps version) with android 12.

Note: Don't forget to go into WIPE > "format data", and typing "yes" to confirm, after flashing the ArrowOS Zip archive.

8 - Reboot system and you're done.