[ROM] [12.0.0_r2] ArrowOS Poco X3 [BETA/EARLY RELEASE]

Search This thread

idiarik1234

Jan 8, 2015
I can't seem to enter recovery after flashing the latest build, it keeps flashing the twrp splashscreen then the screen goes off.

Areck83

Apr 1, 2016
HTC One (M9)
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
As I haven't tested any of this, best I can do is point you to my saved related resources:

Thanks for the help pnin. After a long day of messing around, I've given up. In trying to enter EDL again, the battery strap came down on a chip...puff of smoke...the usb connection is baked. When the phone is connected via usb it disconnects the device in the next port. I will look for an X3 Pro or GT down south.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: qu38mm and pnin

Undogmatic

Jul 4, 2021
Those who need twrp-3.6.0_10-0-surya.img or twrp-3.5.2_10-12-surya-a12.img can find them reuploaded here by @paradøx , just click the desired version:

Note: both are compatible with Android 12, but you MUST first disable the screen lock password/PIN/pattern before booting into recovery, otherwise these TWRP won't be able to decrypt the data.
I uploaded latest brigudav's TWRP 3.6.0_10-0 and 3.5.2_10-12.

Last edited:
Reactions: temporarium

m0han

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211203-222544_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20211203-222544_Chrome.png
    189.8 KB · Views: 33

wCk32d7

Jun 22, 2021
Hi

Is there already any TWRP for Android 12 that can decrypt data when I have set a password ?

I wanted to update today to the latest version of Arrow OS 2021-11-30

Since the current build of Arrow OS doesn't have OTA update feature so I have to update manually via TWRP

But if I want to get into TWRP I have to remove the PIN / Password to decrypt the data.

But if I remove the PIN / Password it also deletes the fingerprint that I have stored in several apps.

( Then I would have to set the fingerprint again for all apps )

Thank you.

Undogmatic

Jul 4, 2021
(...)

But if I remove the PIN / Password it also deletes the fingerprint that I have stored in several apps.

( Then I would have to set the fingerprint again for all apps )

Thank you.

Not necessarily true. You can immediately set up a new fingerprint upon flashing the new ROM. Simply don't launch any of the said apps before you set up your new fingerprint. Should work with most apps. Most of the apps won't know you added the fingerprint again unless you explicitly launch them without having a fingerprint set up. At least that's what I found out after flashing the latest ArrowOS 12 build.

Reactions: qu38mm

wCk32d7

Jun 22, 2021
Not necessarily true. You can immediately set up a new fingerprint upon flashing the new ROM. Simply don't launch any of the said apps before you set up your new fingerprint. Should work with most apps. Most of the apps won't know you added the fingerprint again unless you explicitly launch them without having a fingerprint set up. At least that's what I found out after flashing the latest ArrowOS 12 build.
So I just tried it and unfortunately I had to set the fingerprint again for almost all apps :-(

It's because the apps take the breastprint directly from Android.

But if I delete the Password or PIN, it automatically deletes the fingerprint as well.

Does anyone know when the OTA update feature will come to Arrow OS 12 ?

It's terribly inconvenient this way :-(

Otherwise I used this TWRP: TWRP Android 12

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source
    - https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya.git
    Note:

- Clean flash is required to avoid any issues.
    ygb7 said:
    My Clean flash of Arrow-v12.0-surya-OFFICIAL-20220123-GAPPS.zip still shows only Screenshot at the bottom of the recents window.

Where in the launcher settings? I do not see any recents setting at all in the default Lawnchair launcher settings
    It's in the launcher settings.

Zzenyoo,

Thank you very much for showing me how to enable the Clear All Button At the Bottom of the Recents screen for ArrowOS 12 - Arrow-v12.0-surya-OFFICIAL-20220123-GAPPS.zip

I feel really stupid & highly embarrassed that I was not able to figure this out for myself. The answer was right in my face & I did not see it. I am truly humbled. Thank you again for your patience & your reply.

I included procedures & screenshots below to help anyone else that may want to turn on or off the Clear All Button At the Bottom of the Recents screen for ArrowOS 12.

Procedure
    1. Long press any blank space on the Lawnchair Launcher screen
    2. Select Home Settings from the menu
    3. Select Recents from the Settings menu
    4. Select Clear All Button at Bottom button
    5. Verify by selecting recents buttons at very bottom of screen. Clear all will now show at the bottom of the screen instead of the extreme left of the recents screen.
    Screenshots

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg
    Moderator Announcement

Thread has been cleaned. I'd appreciate if "unsuitable" posts are only reported but not replied to.

And allow me a personal remark: I've recognised some impatience in the reports. Please be aware that ALL moderators are volunteers who are doing this "job" absolutely for free besides our real life, real family and friends, real business and occupation. This means we aren't always able to immediately react to a report but I promise and can assure you, we do our very best that every report is handled as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    Everything is working fine so far. The only issue is that the fingerprint scanner acts as some sort of "enter" key. Does anyone know how to make it ignore accidental touches?

I managed to fix the annoying fingerprint issue (the one reported above by me, and by other users on the first few pages of this thread). The fingerprint sensor was acting like an "enter key" whenever I touched it, which was quite annyoing).

It was fixed after completely restarting the whole process, by reflashing the latest MIUI rom (12.5.3 Global) and then repeating all the steps to install ArrowOS. Here's a list of steps, if you're having the same issue or any other issues that might pop up for just some users:

1 - Use MiFlash20210226 to flash the ROM downloaded from xiaomifirmwareupdater website:

"MIUI V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM Stable Official Update for POCO X3 NFC Global (surya)"

The archive name is: surya_global_images_V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM_20211013.0000.00_11.0_global_9eca9fae68.tgz
    Size: 5.2 GB (it's the fastboot type, not the recovery type).

Note 1: if you don't know how to do this, look for "[GUIDE]⚙ USE XIAOMI FLASH TOOL" here on XDA, by user @NOSS8

Note 2: It's normal to receive an error at the end when using the "clean all" option, right when the smartphone automatically reboots while flashing. As long as it's taking a while to flash all the necessary data, it should be fine.

2 - Don't know if this is necessary, but I booted into the MIUI 12.5.3 system, skipped most configs, then I let it finish the initial configuration. Made sure it's the last update avaliable through OTA.

3 - Reboot into fastboot (hold power +volume down).

4 - I used the "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" tool in order to use the fastboot command to flash the latest TWRP compatible with Android 12 by @brigudav
    Currently, the file is called: twrp-3.5.2_10-12-surya-a12.img and you can find it here on XDA.

Note: Boot into TWRP right away after flashing it, don't let your smartphone boot into the MIUI or it'll be overwritten.

5 - While in TWRP, go to WIPE > Advanced wipe > Select "Dalvik / ART cache" + "Cache" + "Data" and confirm the action.
    Press the home button to return to TWRP main menu.

6 - While in TWRP, use "install" to flash the zip archive of the latest firmware package for MIUI V12.5.3.0 (Global).
    Currently, it's: fw_surya_miui_SURYAGlobal_V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM_624ada8a33_11.0.zip also available through the xiaomifirmwareupdater website.
    Press the home button to return to TWRP main menu.

Note: you can use your PC to send these zips into your smartphone's "Download" folder while in TWRP.

7 - Also while in TWRP, use "install" to flash the zip archive of the latest official ArrowOS (Gapps version) with android 12.

Note: Don't forget to go into WIPE > "format data", and typing "yes" to confirm, after flashing the ArrowOS Zip archive.

8 - Reboot system and you're done.