[ROM] [12.0.0_r2] ArrowOS Poco X3 [BETA/EARLY RELEASE]

Search This thread

XtraWater

Apr 8, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Xiaomi Mi A1
I have seen the same happen with Apex Legacy on LOS -- usually, pressing the home button again ends up displaying the home screen... after some mild frustration. :unsure:
that's correct. Do you know a solution? It's not a big thing since everything else works very stable and fast. It happens more often when you from the view of recent apps hit the home button. May be tasker could help. If press home go to homescreen. So that would actually generate two orders. I will give it a try and report if successful. On the flipside, I know Tasker and also Xposed Edge Pro can't recognize those softbuttons anymore. It started somewhere with A12 and higher. Never found a solution for it.

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
There's a video on tube showing Arrow OS Unofficial A13 based, in the info it's possible to find even a repository and latest build is 09.01.23 dated ( today ).

wCk32d7

Jun 22, 2021
Hello.

May I ask why on the official site: https://arrowos.net/

Cannot download the ROM itself ?

For example, for the Surya model, the latest GAPPS build can only be downloaded from the US server ?

For example, the Europe server is not available so the built-in updater on the phone also does not work and reports network problems.

Thank you in advance for the answer.

Juno1337

Jan 17, 2014
Moto G5S
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hello.

May I ask why on the official site: https://arrowos.net/

Cannot download the ROM itself ?

For example, for the Surya model, the latest GAPPS build can only be downloaded from the US server ?

For example, the Europe server is not available so the built-in updater on the phone also does not work and reports network problems.

Thank you in advance for the answer.
If you want to be safe you shouldn't be updating through the updater anyway. It has been known to fail and make the phone unbootable in which case you need to download a working zip file through external means since the phone won't boot. In short download through the browser, boot into recovery and then install. I'm not sure about the server not working but just use the US server and download through your browser and install like I described above.

wCk32d7

Jun 22, 2021
Hello.

Development of Arrow OS for Surya is interrupted ?

On the official website, the last available version 12.1 says: Poco X3 Nfc [DISCONTINUED]

Thank you.

ggogolewski

Nov 1, 2010
Gdańsk
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hello.

and is it safe to use unofficial ROMs ? For example, can't a developer add some form of malicious code to an unofficial ROM ?

Thank you.

There is always such a risk. But Carlos is a famous developer (official mainainer for LineageOS) and I don't think he does anything like that. He uses the official ArrowOS repo and his own device tree for surya, which he reworked from LineageOS sources.

wCk32d7

Jun 22, 2021
There is always such a risk. But Carlos is a famous developer (official mainainer for LineageOS) and I don't think he does anything like that. He uses the official ArrowOS repo and his own device tree for surya, which he reworked from LineageOS sources.
Thank you very much for your very quick reply.
I will try to install this ROM.
I just hope that this ROM will have longer term support when it is not an official ROM...

Reactions: mariojpereira

ggogolewski

Nov 1, 2010
Gdańsk
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Thank you very much for your very quick reply.
I will try to install this ROM.
I just hope that this ROM will have longer term support when it is not an official ROM...

TheStrechh has been supporting this for a long time. First fbev1 and now fbev2. His device tree is also public, so you can trace everything he does.

I'm learning to build roms from him. And I will boast that I can build ArrowOS for surya myself. Using the official ArrowOS repo and device treee by TheStrechh.

It's really worth a try. ArrowOS is the best ROM for our phone. Light and smooth running. Without any unnecessary modifications.

players02

Feb 24, 2021
I have a phone on ArrowOS 11, may I know how to upgrade while keeping all the apps currently installed and chats (WhatsApp, Telegram, etc...)?

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
I have a phone on ArrowOS 11, may I know how to upgrade while keeping all the apps currently installed and chats (WhatsApp, Telegram, etc...)?
Make a backup with something like Migrate, do a clean flash and restore your backup

Personally, I wouldn't install this ROM right now if making a clean flash. Looks like it's discontinued and I would rather go with Lineage or crDroid.

Reactions: players02

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
I've felt a bit tired of waiting and preferred to change. I'm on SPARK OS Android 13 based roms since 2 weeks. Fast, smooth, no lag, stable and fully working as a daily driver :cowboy:

mariojpereira

Jul 30, 2014
Lisbon
Hi developers: I just wanna thank you all for the hard work you have put in to make an excellent rom. I never thought Arrow OS 12.1 was so good. I had the MIUI V12.5.8.0 version, with the custom recovery OrangeFox-R11.0_1.0-A10-Beta-surya. It was easy and without any stress to install this amazing ROM It works smoothly and is very fluid. The steps were:

1 dalvik / art cache - data - cache (swipe)
2 reboot recovery
3 fw surya firmware (swipe)
4 wipe caches (swipe)
5 arrow 12 flash rom (swipe)
6 wipe caches (swipe)
7 format data and write yes (swipe)
8 back / reboot system
done

That's my daily driver :)

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

stephtban

Hi developers: I just wanna thank you all for the hard work you have put in to make an excellent rom. I never thought Arrow OS 12.1 was so good. I had the MIUI V12.5.8.0 version, with the custom recovery OrangeFox-R11.0_1.0-A10-Beta-surya. It was easy and without any stress to install this amazing ROM It works smoothly and is very fluid. The steps were:

1 dalvik / art cache - data - cache (swipe)
2 reboot recovery
3 fw surya firmware (swipe)
4 wipe caches (swipe)
5 arrow 12 flash rom (swipe)
6 wipe caches (swipe)
7 format data and write yes (swipe)
8 back / reboot system
done

That's my daily driver :)

Thank you so much!
There's no need to wipe cache between each step. If you really want to do it, do it once at the beginning or the and of the process but wiping cache is not mandatory (and I think useless). The simplest way to do it is:

Boot to recovery
Flash rom and eventually Magisk
Format data
Reboot

Reactions: mariojpereira

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source
    - https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya.git
    Note:

- Clean flash is required to avoid any issues.
    ygb7 said:
    My Clean flash of Arrow-v12.0-surya-OFFICIAL-20220123-GAPPS.zip still shows only Screenshot at the bottom of the recents window.

Where in the launcher settings? I do not see any recents setting at all in the default Lawnchair launcher settings
    It's in the launcher settings.

Zzenyoo,

Thank you very much for showing me how to enable the Clear All Button At the Bottom of the Recents screen for ArrowOS 12 - Arrow-v12.0-surya-OFFICIAL-20220123-GAPPS.zip

I feel really stupid & highly embarrassed that I was not able to figure this out for myself. The answer was right in my face & I did not see it. I am truly humbled. Thank you again for your patience & your reply.

I included procedures & screenshots below to help anyone else that may want to turn on or off the Clear All Button At the Bottom of the Recents screen for ArrowOS 12.

Procedure
    1. Long press any blank space on the Lawnchair Launcher screen
    2. Select Home Settings from the menu
    3. Select Recents from the Settings menu
    4. Select Clear All Button at Bottom button
    5. Verify by selecting recents buttons at very bottom of screen. Clear all will now show at the bottom of the screen instead of the extreme left of the recents screen.
    Screenshots

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg
    Moderator Announcement

Thread has been cleaned. I'd appreciate if "unsuitable" posts are only reported but not replied to.

And allow me a personal remark: I've recognised some impatience in the reports. Please be aware that ALL moderators are volunteers who are doing this "job" absolutely for free besides our real life, real family and friends, real business and occupation. This means we aren't always able to immediately react to a report but I promise and can assure you, we do our very best that every report is handled as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    Everything is working fine so far. The only issue is that the fingerprint scanner acts as some sort of "enter" key. Does anyone know how to make it ignore accidental touches?

I managed to fix the annoying fingerprint issue (the one reported above by me, and by other users on the first few pages of this thread). The fingerprint sensor was acting like an "enter key" whenever I touched it, which was quite annyoing).

It was fixed after completely restarting the whole process, by reflashing the latest MIUI rom (12.5.3 Global) and then repeating all the steps to install ArrowOS. Here's a list of steps, if you're having the same issue or any other issues that might pop up for just some users:

1 - Use MiFlash20210226 to flash the ROM downloaded from xiaomifirmwareupdater website:

"MIUI V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM Stable Official Update for POCO X3 NFC Global (surya)"

The archive name is: surya_global_images_V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM_20211013.0000.00_11.0_global_9eca9fae68.tgz
    Size: 5.2 GB (it's the fastboot type, not the recovery type).

Note 1: if you don't know how to do this, look for "[GUIDE]⚙ USE XIAOMI FLASH TOOL" here on XDA, by user @NOSS8

Note 2: It's normal to receive an error at the end when using the "clean all" option, right when the smartphone automatically reboots while flashing. As long as it's taking a while to flash all the necessary data, it should be fine.

2 - Don't know if this is necessary, but I booted into the MIUI 12.5.3 system, skipped most configs, then I let it finish the initial configuration. Made sure it's the last update avaliable through OTA.

3 - Reboot into fastboot (hold power +volume down).

4 - I used the "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" tool in order to use the fastboot command to flash the latest TWRP compatible with Android 12 by @brigudav
    Currently, the file is called: twrp-3.5.2_10-12-surya-a12.img and you can find it here on XDA.

Note: Boot into TWRP right away after flashing it, don't let your smartphone boot into the MIUI or it'll be overwritten.

5 - While in TWRP, go to WIPE > Advanced wipe > Select "Dalvik / ART cache" + "Cache" + "Data" and confirm the action.
    Press the home button to return to TWRP main menu.

6 - While in TWRP, use "install" to flash the zip archive of the latest firmware package for MIUI V12.5.3.0 (Global).
    Currently, it's: fw_surya_miui_SURYAGlobal_V12.5.3.0.RJGMIXM_624ada8a33_11.0.zip also available through the xiaomifirmwareupdater website.
    Press the home button to return to TWRP main menu.

Note: you can use your PC to send these zips into your smartphone's "Download" folder while in TWRP.

7 - Also while in TWRP, use "install" to flash the zip archive of the latest official ArrowOS (Gapps version) with android 12.

Note: Don't forget to go into WIPE > "format data", and typing "yes" to confirm, after flashing the ArrowOS Zip archive.

8 - Reboot system and you're done.