No you need to do a factory reset/format data when switching from another ROM
Maybe I didn't express myself in the best way. I have this rom, AEX AOSP Extended, I just wish to install the recent update and wanna know a proper way to do it. I installed this rom with Lineage Recovery
Ahh ok. I guess when you want to do a dirty flashing of this ROM over the previous Version it should be like this:
would you recommend a dirty flash over 22nd December's build?New update is out !
Download : https://sourceforge.net/projects/ae...onkebab-UNOFFICIAL-20220116-1439.zip/download
Official device AEX Group : https://t.me/aex9R
Yes, dirty flash is fine. But, make a backup if things go bad as I always backup, just in case! Use Swift Backup and back it up to your PC. Also, you can setup Google to backup the apps/sms/call logs/settings, etc.
Hi!Heya. Got an official 12 update to my 8T couple of days ago, and kind of hate the overly rounded corner style for widgets. Also it doesn't have an option to customize Monet colors so right now that's a bit of a mess too.
And it feels laggy. So all in all great update from Oneplus.
So I'm looking at custom roms again and got a few questions AospExtended.
Firstly, I have no interest in rooting the device. So should I relock the bootloader after clean flash? I'm not sure what leaving it unlocked actually means. Do banking apps generally work with here?
How about the widget corners, same rounded as official? Customizable?
Additionally last time I used custom roms I had to occasionally update the kernel stuff separately, is that how it works here as well?
Thanks in advance!
No not for the 9r.
* Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
-ADB Root. -AEXPapers - our wallpaper app. -AEXLauncher. -AOSP font engine. -Additional battery saver steps. -Auto-brightness icon toggle. -AI based gestures for navigation. -Battery bar. -Battery styles and percentage. -Battery/notification light customizations. -Button backlight customizations. -CPU info overlay. -Camera sound toggle. -Carrier labels. -Center clock. -Charging animations. -Configurable audio panel location. -Custom pattern lock sizes (3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6). -Customize QS Rows/Columns. -DT2S on status bar, lock screen and home screen. -DT2W when locked device. -Disable QS on secured lock screen. -DuckDuckGo browser. -Fingerprint gestures support. -FOD customisations. -Force expand notifications (Enable/Disable). -HW key customization. -Heads up customizations. -In-Call vibrations options. -Increasing volume in ringtone. -LS visualizer with customizations. -Less boring heads-up. -Lineage touch HAL. -Lock screen charging. -Lock screen shortcut. -Long press gear icon in status bar header launches extensions. -Long press caffeine tile action. -Long-press power button on lock screen for torch. -Monet compatibility and custom accent color support. -Music player go. -Navigation bar toggle and customizations. -One tap data & Wi-Fi tile. -Permission manager. -Pixel's UI and ringtones. -Pocket lock/Pocket judge. -Power menu customizations. -QS brightness slider (Enable/Disable). -QS quick pulldown. -QS tiles animations. -Quick access Wallet. -Quick unlock for PIN/Password. -Run SystemUI tuner from extensions. -Show 4G instead of LTE switch. -Status bar brightness control/Swap. -Status bar date customizations. -Status bar traffic indicators. -Toast icon. -Toggle lock screen media art and blur customization. -Toggle power menu on secured lock screen. -Toggle for FP with vibration. -Toggle for QS footer warnings. -Unlink notification volume. -Volume rocker tweaks (Wake/Music seek/Keyboard cursor control/Swap in landscape mode). And many more coming in the future! Many #Extended features are added in each update and we might miss out adding new ones to this list. So always keep on checking the latest changelog on our Official Blog, and there you can monitor the previous changelogs as well, to see how far we have come!
-Make sure that you have backed up your data and are familiar with your device Also make sure that you have unlocked your bootloader Have a custom recovery installed on your device or use the AEX Recovery provided (Orange fox, TWRP or any other recovery like the PE recovery will work. Don't use LOS recovery) If you are using adb sideload, we recommend AEX recovery over TWRP, since TWRP doesn't work fully on A12 yet. Steps to follow for Twelve with GApps Build: 1. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ( only if coming from other ROM/ Stock OOS ) 2. Reboot to recovery 3. Format data/factory reset 4. adb sideload ROM.zip 5. Reboot to system Steps to Follow for Twelve ( Vanilla Build ):
3. Format data/factory reset 4. adb sideload ROM.zip 5. reboot back to Recovery ( and not in ROM ) 6. adb sideload the GApps package / Micro G package 7. reboot to system 8. it will throw error and ask for format ! Do the Format once! 9. reboot ! You can either sideload magisk zip or can patch boot img. Recommended to root only after the first boot. -Reboot your device
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ( only if coming from other ROM/ Stock OOS )
- Reboot to recovery
AospExtended v9.0 Changelog
3. Fixed and improved Dolby 4. added unlimit edge touch switch in Device Extras 5. increased Status Bar height landscape 6. fixed center clock padding 7. Fixed issue with Vanilla Builds not flashing GApps / MicroG packages 8. Improved and added modified ooscam 9. Added Per-App Volume ( currently only works when u keep vol. bar on right side) 10. Added A13 and A12L styles 11. Added FaceUnlock 12. Added faceunlock support for App lock 13. Added Live Vol. Steps 14. Updated Meteoric Kernel to latest changes 15. added back long swipe gestures. 16. Tons of Fixes and improvements done.
- FOD - Fingerprint improvements
- Switched back to atmos DolbyA clean flash is always recommended. Bug reports are not appreciated if not clean flashed. Remove any kind of security PINs/Password and Fingerprints before flashing this build.