[ROM][12.0][Beta] DerpFest 12 for OnePlus7 [OFFICIAL][guacamoleb]

Search This thread

Ab.Shaheen

Jul 18, 2015
This is an alpha build still in testing phase so you may face any minor/major bug. It will be stable time to time. I hope you will understand.

images.jpeg

About Derpfest
Derpfest is heavily moded stock android. still work in progress but enough stable for daily use.

How To Install:

+ if you are coming from OOS 11 then may need to wipe your data as well as internal storage due to encrypted data but if you had any custom ROM (Android 12) before then just wipe data(Sometimes dirtyflash works, But don't complaint any bug if you did so. You might face FC for some apps.). No need to wipe internal storage.

1: Flash ROM
2: Flash TWRP installer (TWRP not included)
3: reboot again to recovery to boot from second slot.
5: Flash magisk (Android11-V2)
6: wipe dalvik cache and reboot to system.
That's all.

Device-specific features:
All device specific features for OnePlus are working (Alest slider, gestures, Etc..)
ROM is stable enough for daily use.
Selinux is enforcing.

What's broken?
OOS Cam Portrait
Device pick up gesture.
More you tell me!

Changelog:
Check from settings > about phone > android version > changelog

ROM Download Link:
Official Builds (Sourceforge)

Source Code:
Derpfest 12 Github
Kernel Source
Device

Important Links:
Telegram Support Channel

Download: SourceForge
Google Camera:
Versions By urnyx05 2: Versions by Arnova8G2
Unlock Bootloader: Oneplus7/pro UB Thread
Recovery: Latest TWRP Recovery (FBE-V2)

Credits:
Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google for Android and AOSP
LineageOS
AICP
ABC ROM
AquariOS
BootleggersROM
PixelExperience
OmniROM
Cory Collins
---------
Any others we may have forgotten to credit
And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

XDA:DevDB Information
Derpfest-OP7, ROM for the OnePlus 7

Contributors

Ab.Shaheen, NurKeinNeid

ROM OS Version: Android 12
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Any custom ROM.
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Beta

Last edited:

AlcatrazBlaze

Dec 7, 2018
ROM is very stable and I'm getting around 6 hours SOT, which is same or slightly less than what I was getting on OOS11

Directly flashing the zip didn't work as it showed an error "Package is for OnePlus7, guacamoleb but expected guacamoleb"

Had to flash all partitions individually

Not sure how will I update it when an update comes?

Updater shows an error
Screenshot_20220118-162622_Updater.png

SubjectGinger

Oct 6, 2010
OnePlus 7
ROM is very stable and I'm getting around 6 hours SOT, which is same or slightly less than what I was getting on OOS11

Directly flashing the zip didn't work as it showed an error "Package is for OnePlus7, guacamoleb but expected guacamoleb"

Had to flash all partitions individually

Not sure how will I update it when an update comes?

Updater shows an error View attachment 5511489

Is your system clock set properly? Your screenshot says the update was checked for on Jan. 1 1970, that could be the issue.

AlcatrazBlaze

Dec 7, 2018
Just checked, Date and time are correct. Updater is buggy, as also confirmed by derpfest telegram chat. Others are also facing this issue

The 1970 thing is also reported by multiple people on the telegram group

anonymity_antim

Feb 12, 2018
Asansol
bit.ly
But it shows the 15 GB space, So I think it's not possible to have unlimited storage.
KOSP ROM and Pixel Experience has unlimited Google Photos backup in original quality. I have had already backup 2 GB of photos and videos and not a bit has counted against 15 GB data limit. It is very possible and already have Magisk module for that and you can confirm that in KOSP Telegram group.

Now if you please share a screenshot of Google photos storage limitation if you are on Derpfest.

Reactions: Vishrut3

Vishrut3

Aug 5, 2020
KOSP ROM and Pixel Experience has unlimited Google Photos backup in original quality. I have had already backup 2 GB of photos and videos and not a bit has counted against 15 GB data limit. It is very possible and already have Magisk module for that and you can confirm that in KOSP Telegram group.

Now if you please share a screenshot of Google photos storage limitation if you are on Derpfest.
Does it mean I have to install magisk?

Vishrut3

Aug 5, 2020

I am using KOSP as I said in my previous reply.

Vishrut3

Aug 5, 2020

I tested it. Uploaded 11 GBs of movies and not a bit was counted. SO YES! It works! No need to install Magisk.

neerajvijay

Dec 29, 2013
First of all, amazing ROM! Moved from KOSP and I'm loving it.
I had a question though. OTA updates are taking a lot of time to install (not download) and reboot compared to previous roms I have used. Is this something that has to do with my phone partition or file system format? Or its just the way DerpFest ROM packages work? The reason I asked is, after flashing this ROM and everything looked fine, I woke up next day seeing Qualcomm crash dump mode on my phone. But a fastboot and reboot fixed it for me.

Last edited:

Sachet7

Jan 19, 2015
OnePlus 7
I don't have very much experience myself but I think it happens when rom/ recovery is installed in one slot, either a or b. There is a zip file, you can find on XDA or google, to copy partitions in both slots. Flashing that will solve the crashdump issue.

Reactions: neerajvijay

neerajvijay

Dec 29, 2013
I don't have very much experience myself but I think it happens when rom/ recovery is installed in one slot, either a or b. There is a zip file, you can find on XDA or google, to copy partitions in both slots. Flashing that will solve the crashdump issue.
Oh. I'll check that out. Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What's broken?
    OOS Cam Portrait
    Device pick up gesture.
    More you tell me!

This was my first time using a custom rom, and I liked it so far.
    I have noticed a couple of issues so far, though. Not sure where to report it, as I see no issues tab for the oneplus_vendor repo on github.

Issues:
    1. it can take up to a minute after unplugging the charger before the battery icon goes back from the charging icon to a noncharging icon. It rarely takes that long, usually taking about 10 seconds or so.
    2. Changing the battery icon style in derpSpace > battery settings > battery style does not change everything it needs to. For example, when I had it changed to icon landscape, when my battery was low, I could see the bottom half colored in orange of a portrait battery icon. Coupled with the battery percent set to inside the icon, this becomes unreadable. Regretfully, I did not take a screenshot. I will attach one when it happens again.
    3. The fingerprint reader position that apps indicate is wrong. It is correct on the lockscreen, but for 3rd party apps, such as bitwarden, it shows the fingerprint a bit lower than the actual reader position.
    4. This might be an issue, but I haven't investigated it fully yet. On 2 occasions, while not doing anything particularly intensive on my phone (I was listening to some music stored locally, and the 2nd time I was testing out the camera), my phone got uncomfortably warm, and the battery reached 46 Celsius. It felt hotter than it ever has been before.
    5. Setting >DerpSpace > NavBar > on-screen navbar to off, gesture navigation stops working. I have to go to system settings > system nav > and then select another method and gesture navigation again to make it work again.
    6. I keep having ongoing notification that bedtime mode is on,even while it isn't (I'd notice if it was on, as it is supposed to greyscale if it is on). A reboot removes it, but it'll come back eventually.
    7. This might be due to my inexperience and not an actual problem. After flashing the rom, I can't flash TWRP. kinda. When booting to TWRP, it asks for my password, but it is unable to decrypt. I can flash it, but I am unable to use the "fix recovery bootloop" option, thus getting stuck in a bootloop when rebooting. I am unsure what to do? I have tried it with guacamolev2 and v1, neither of them works.

Also, what's the update process usually like for custom roms? If a new version of DerpFest for OP 7 gets released, how do I update to it? just reflash?
    This is an alpha build still in testing phase so you may face any minor/major bug. It will be stable time to time. I hope you will understand.

images.jpeg

About Derpfest
    Derpfest is heavily moded stock android. still work in progress but enough stable for daily use.

How To Install:

+ if you are coming from OOS 11 then may need to wipe your data as well as internal storage due to encrypted data but if you had any custom ROM (Android 12) before then just wipe data(Sometimes dirtyflash works, But don't complaint any bug if you did so. You might face FC for some apps.). No need to wipe internal storage.

1: Flash ROM
    2: Flash TWRP installer (TWRP not included)
    3: reboot again to recovery to boot from second slot.
    5: Flash magisk (Android11-V2)
    6: wipe dalvik cache and reboot to system.
    That's all.

Device-specific features:
    All device specific features for OnePlus are working (Alest slider, gestures, Etc..)
    ROM is stable enough for daily use.
    Selinux is enforcing.

What's broken?
    OOS Cam Portrait
    Device pick up gesture.
    More you tell me!

Changelog:
    Check from settings > about phone > android version > changelog

ROM Download Link:
    Official Builds (Sourceforge)

Source Code:
    Derpfest 12 Github
    Kernel Source
    Device

Important Links:
    Telegram Support Channel

Download: SourceForge
    Google Camera:
    Versions By urnyx05 2: Versions by Arnova8G2
    Unlock Bootloader: Oneplus7/pro UB Thread
    Recovery: Latest TWRP Recovery (FBE-V2)

Credits:
    Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google for Android and AOSP
    LineageOS
    AICP
    ABC ROM
    AquariOS
    BootleggersROM
    PixelExperience
    OmniROM
    Cory Collins
    ---------
    Any others we may have forgotten to credit
    And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

XDA:DevDB Information
    Derpfest-OP7, ROM for the OnePlus 7

Contributors

Ab.Shaheen, NurKeinNeid

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Any custom ROM.
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Beta
    But it shows the 15 GB space, So I think it's not possible to have unlimited storage.

This is the zip file

What's broken?
    OOS Cam Portrait
    Device pick up gesture.
    More you tell me!

This was my first time using a custom rom, and I liked it so far.
    I have noticed a couple of issues so far, though. Not sure where to report it, as I see no issues tab for the oneplus_vendor repo on github.

Issues:
    1. it can take up to a minute after unplugging the charger before the battery icon goes back from the charging icon to a noncharging icon. It rarely takes that long, usually taking about 10 seconds or so.
    2. Changing the battery icon style in derpSpace > battery settings > battery style does not change everything it needs to. For example, when I had it changed to icon landscape, when my battery was low, I could see the bottom half colored in orange of a portrait battery icon. Coupled with the battery percent set to inside the icon, this becomes unreadable. Regretfully, I did not take a screenshot. I will attach one when it happens again.
    3. The fingerprint reader position that apps indicate is wrong. It is correct on the lockscreen, but for 3rd party apps, such as bitwarden, it shows the fingerprint a bit lower than the actual reader position.
    4. This might be an issue, but I haven't investigated it fully yet. On 2 occasions, while not doing anything particularly intensive on my phone (I was listening to some music stored locally, and the 2nd time I was testing out the camera), my phone got uncomfortably warm, and the battery reached 46 Celsius. It felt hotter than it ever has been before.
    5. Setting >DerpSpace > NavBar > on-screen navbar to off, gesture navigation stops working. I have to go to system settings > system nav > and then select another method and gesture navigation again to make it work again.
    6. I keep having ongoing notification that bedtime mode is on,even while it isn't (I'd notice if it was on, as it is supposed to greyscale if it is on). A reboot removes it, but it'll come back eventually.
    7. This might be due to my inexperience and not an actual problem. After flashing the rom, I can't flash TWRP. kinda. When booting to TWRP, it asks for my password, but it is unable to decrypt. I can flash it, but I am unable to use the "fix recovery bootloop" option, thus getting stuck in a bootloop when rebooting. I am unsure what to do? I have tried it with guacamolev2 and v1, neither of them works.

Also, what's the update process usually like for custom roms? If a new version of DerpFest for OP 7 gets released, how do I update to it? just reflash?