• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12.0][CEPHEUS] Project Elixir [OFFICIAL] [Twelve][AOSP]

Search This thread

@kitokit

Mar 15, 2017
I'm currently on A10 Resurrection Remix, what are the steps in installing this rom?

Abdo Aldoori

Mar 31, 2015
Good day sir , thanks for keep maintaining this device the ROM is amazing so smooth . I just have one question , I have recently changed my battery from 3300 to 4200 and made a full format and clean installation

Question is that in FK kernel manager it still shows 3300mah so I wonder if this ROM support bigger battery in the software or it's locked to the 3300mah ??

Because I see that when I charge it to 100% then use it to 0 until it turns off then i turn it on again I see battery had %8 then it goes to 0 again then I booted into recovery with full brightness and it also lasted for long till it went off completely , so can you please let me know if this ROM support bigger than stock battery or no ???

Again thanks for your great work I love this rom and I would really appreciate it if you can add face unlock in the future updates ..

Sincerely ..

bopolsz

Jul 30, 2013
Legazpi
Realme GT
Good day sir , thanks for keep maintaining this device the ROM is amazing so smooth . I just have one question , I have recently changed my battery from 3300 to 4200 and made a full format and clean installation

Question is that in FK kernel manager it still shows 3300mah so I wonder if this ROM support bigger battery in the software or it's locked to the 3300mah ??

Because I see that when I charge it to 100% then use it to 0 until it turns off then i turn it on again I see battery had %8 then it goes to 0 again then I booted into recovery with full brightness and it also lasted for long till it went off completely , so can you please let me know if this ROM support bigger than stock battery or no ???

Again thanks for your great work I love this rom and I would really appreciate it if you can add face unlock in the future updates ..

Sincerely ..
Try battery calibration. I forgot how it's done though. BTW, where did you order your battery?

Abdo Aldoori

Mar 31, 2015
Good day , today so many users "if not all" lost safety net on magisk , I thought I have done something wrong and I made a new clean flash and that didn't solve the problem , I tried to install another A12 ROM and I could bypass the safety , on telegram I see some users also complaining about this issue ..

Is there any suggestions or we just have to wait for new update because the issue is not with installation ..

And I wanna thank you for this great ROM I tried couple and this was most stable and smooth but I really can't use the phone without safetynet in magisk

Thank you

MysteryMan105

May 10, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 9
Hi, I'm looking to get A12 on my Mi9. I am having some issues finding the correct firmware version mentioned in the ROM description (12.5.4.0). The only ones that I have found are the chinese/russian versions of the MIUI ROM. Could someone maybe point me in the right direction? :)

Also, which recovery is needed to flash this ROM? I'm currently using twrp 3.3.1-62

Last edited:

RealNBB

Aug 18, 2014
Hi, I'm looking to get A12 on my Mi9. I am having some issues finding the correct firmware version mentioned in the ROM description (12.5.4.0). The only ones that I have found are the chinese/russian versions of the MIUI ROM. Could someone maybe point me in the right direction? :)

Also, which recovery is needed to flash this ROM? I'm currently using twrp 3.3.1-62

...and official latest TWRP:

Reactions: MysteryMan105

Freesoul007

Dec 11, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 9

NdMZ3h4.png

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions, and proper bug reports are important to us but don't be disrespectful to anyone here. Your suggestions and proper bug reports will be taken into consideration.."

Project Elixir is another aftermarket AOSP ROM which basically offers minimal UI enhancement & close to Stock Android ROM with great performance, security and stability. Most of the OEMs' these days will provide slow and untimely updates, but we don't do that here. We closely follow Google to bring the latest updates to our users, and even prolong support for devices that have been declared obsolete by OEMs. Our ROMs' source code is open-source, secure, stable, and outstanding. Your experience while using Project Elixir will be butter smooth without compromising the quality of the Android experience. In short, it's perfectly balanced between Great Performance, Security, stability, minimal UI & awesome features including pixel goodies So do not hesitate anymore, join us now and start enjoying the beauty of stock Android. Download and enjoy Project Elixir on your respective devices!

bYxMj5s.jpg

- Saurav - Founder & lead Developer
- Smokey - Core Developer & Support Team
- Sarthak - Developer & Project Coordinator
- Abhishek - Developer & Support Team

- And Also Our Hardworking Maintainers

YFEl2Ap.jpg

NOTE: As we keep updating source so its hard to keep threads updated everytime everywhere so kindly visit our elegram group for latest changes and screenshots.

// Features of Initial Android 12 Build and will be updated on every release //
Code:
- Pure Pixel Goodies
- 3 finger Screenshot
- Monet Theme
- Themed Icons
- Double tap to sleep on statusbar
- Double tap to sleep on lockscreen
- Powermenu: advanced reboot toggle - android 12
- Add button to AppErrorDialog to upload crash information to katbin
- SystemUI: Add dual-tone light and dark themes for QS
- Unlimited Upload in Google Photos
- Most of the a12 Stuff
- Allow user to add/remove QS with one click
- Add option to scramble pin layout when unlocking
- Add switch for linked ring and media notification volumes
- Enabled charging ripple effect
- Bluetooth battery level when available

0S8K8Gp.jpg

---------- SourceForge ! ----------

NOTE: Please keep in mind that these are Gapps Builds and there is no vanilla build of this rom available.

Hb3gl9Q.jpg

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

CLEAN FLASH (Moving From A11 to A12)

- Take a backup for safe side
- Boot to Recovery
- Format Data by typing yes
- Flash the latest build
- Flash Fw Suggested firmware: 12.5.4.0
- Flash Fcrypt v3 ( Optional )
- Reboot :p

What works?

Wifi | RIL | Mobile data | GPS | Camera
Flashlight | Camcorder | Bluetooth | Fingerprint reader | Lights | Sound | vibration
Almost everything

What doesn't work? or Any Bug ?

Enforcing [TEMP]
You tell me! :p

BUG REPORT !!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat and please inform us via Telegram or XDA.
for more READ THIS

cOhoAaU.jpg

- Android Open-Source Project
- Pixel Experience
- LineageOS
- Havoc-OS
- ProtonAOSP
- AOSPA
- Project-404
- ShapeShiftOS
- Wave-Project
- Fluid OS

- Others, I may have forgot to mention

fpRfTVo.jpg

- Android OS version: 12.0
- Security patch: October 2021
- Build author/Device Maintainer : freesoul007
- DEVICE: Xiaomi Mi 9
- DEVICE CODENAME: Cepheus

---------- Sources and Documentation ----------

- ROM Source Code
- Kernel Source
- OFFICIAL DEVICES

yP3XUM6.jpg

---------- Join Telegram Group & Channel ----------

-- DEVICE UPDATE TELEGRAM CHANNEL --
--
SUPPORT/DISCUSSION TELEGRAM GROUP --

As you know build is free but building ROM needs a server. And Maintaining source and device stuff needs a server and it's pretty expensive for a student. It will be really helpful and appreciated if you donate or contribute to us. Also if you have any queries related to donation you can freely message -> Saurav (Founder & lead Dev)

PAYTM UPI ID : [email protected]
GPAY UPI ID: [email protected]
PAYPAL: https://www.paypal.me/uglykid24

Update Project Elixir 1.1 Novembre 2021 :
CHANGELOG :
• SELinux status is Enforcing

• SafetyNet passes out of the box

• Encryption disabled

• Suggested firmware: 12.5.4.0

• Please report bugs with logs if you found any

• Bankings apps are working fine

• PixionKernel upstreamed to 4.14.255 2.7+

iEstuardo

Dec 26, 2011
CHANGELOG :

• Encryption disabled

Where's the update link?
Is not in sourceforge.

blueboth

Apr 23, 2011
Stable rom with normal battery usage. Everything work out of the box (banking, NFC, calls, Wi-Fi, etc). Thank you.

baszu

Jan 1, 2007
is this stable enough to be daily use? I have only one phone and always using xiaomi eu but it stop update. do I need to flash firmware if I'm coming from latest weekly miui 21.11.24

is this stable enough to be daily use? I have only one phone and always using xiaomi eu but it stop update. do I need to flash firmware if I'm coming from latest weekly miui 21.11.24
I would say it's like 95% stable. I also came to this ROM like a week ago, after the last beta update form xiaomi.eu.

If TWRP asks for a password (your storage is encrypted), don't forget to wipe internal storage as well. I had a trouble booting this ROM because of this.

baszu

Jan 1, 2007
I would say it's like 95% stable. I also came to this ROM like a week ago, after the last beta update form xiaomi.eu.

If TWRP asks for a password (your storage is encrypted), don't forget to wipe internal storage as well. I had a trouble booting this ROM because of this.
can you share what the remaining 5% unstable is? I'm thinking whether I should try this or keep using xiaomi.eu even without update

baszu

Jan 1, 2007
I have installed this, so far the ROM is very smooth. Using google camera 8.1 as alternative.

Last edited:

bopolsz

Jul 30, 2013
Legazpi
Realme GT
Been using the first build since it was released. I'm not sure if I'm going to update to the latest build as this rom is stable enough for me. All apps I use works fine. It lags sometimes, a simple restart can easily fix it.

baszu

Jan 1, 2007
few minor bug and questions
- game dashboard icon (attach image) is always show even though turn off
- can we scan fingerprint to unlock when screen is off?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-074806.png
    Screenshot_20211206-074806.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
few minor bug and questions
- game dashboard icon is always show even though turn off
- can we scan fingerprint to unlock when screen is off?
No, you cannot scan a finger while screen is off. Usual problem with few custom ROMs out there. But you do have a tap to wake function active, so you just knock on a display and it will light itself on.

Reactions: baszu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, am I safe to install the latest european firmware V12.5.2.0.RFAEUXM before flashing this custom ROM?

Also do I have to wipe system, data, cache, dalvic cache and internal storage?
    V12.5.6.0.RFACNXM or V12.5.2.0.RFAEUXM....it does not matter (flash firmware before flashing ROM).

If your phone is encrypted, you will need to format the data (the one where you have to type in "yes"). Otherwise is sufficient to wipe system, data and dalvik / cache.
    i am really excited about the rom. super stable and battery consumption is awesome. especially standby. Good job! :)

ANX Cam is the only one..
    Thx enjoy....ANX will be the next challenge :)
    ALSO: The Fcrypt v3 ( Optional ) you uploaded in the start post is for 'violet' devices, not for 'cepheus'. At least that is what my TWRP says.

NdMZ3h4.png

Code:
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions, and proper bug reports are important to us but don't be disrespectful to anyone here. Your suggestions and proper bug reports will be taken into consideration.."

Project Elixir is another aftermarket AOSP ROM which basically offers minimal UI enhancement & close to Stock Android ROM with great performance, security and stability. Most of the OEMs' these days will provide slow and untimely updates, but we don't do that here. We closely follow Google to bring the latest updates to our users, and even prolong support for devices that have been declared obsolete by OEMs. Our ROMs' source code is open-source, secure, stable, and outstanding. Your experience while using Project Elixir will be butter smooth without compromising the quality of the Android experience. In short, it's perfectly balanced between Great Performance, Security, stability, minimal UI & awesome features including pixel goodies So do not hesitate anymore, join us now and start enjoying the beauty of stock Android. Download and enjoy Project Elixir on your respective devices!

bYxMj5s.jpg

YFEl2Ap.jpg

NOTE: As we keep updating source so its hard to keep threads updated everytime everywhere so kindly visit our elegram group for latest changes and screenshots.

Code:
    - Pure Pixel Goodies
    - 3 finger Screenshot
    - Monet Theme
    - Themed Icons
    - Most of the a12 Stuff

0S8K8Gp.jpg

NOTE: Please keep in mind that these are Gapps Builds and there is no vanilla build of this rom available.

Hb3gl9Q.jpg

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

- Boot to Recovery
    - Flash the latest build

What works?

Flashlight | Camcorder | Bluetooth | Fingerprint reader | Lights | Sound | vibration
    Almost everything

Enforcing [TEMP]

BUG REPORT !!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat and please inform us via Telegram or XDA.
    for more READ THIS

cOhoAaU.jpg

- Pixel Experience
    - LineageOS
    - Havoc-OS
    - ProtonAOSP
    - AOSPA
    - Project-404
    - ShapeShiftOS
    - Wave-Project
    - Fluid OS

fpRfTVo.jpg

- ROM Source Code
    - Kernel Source
    - OFFICIAL DEVICES

yP3XUM6.jpg

--

As you know build is free but building ROM needs a server. And Maintaining source and device stuff needs a server and it's pretty expensive for a student. It will be really helpful and appreciated if you donate or contribute to us. Also if you have any queries related to donation you can freely message -> Saurav (Founder & lead Dev)

NdMZ3h4.png

Code:

bYxMj5s.jpg

YFEl2Ap.jpg

Code:
    - Pure Pixel Goodies
    - 3 finger Screenshot
    - Monet Theme
    - Themed Icons
    - Most of the a12 Stuff

0S8K8Gp.jpg

Hb3gl9Q.jpg

- Boot to Recovery
    - Flash the latest build

What works?

Almost everything

Enforcing [TEMP]

BUG REPORT !!

for more READ THIS

cOhoAaU.jpg

- Pixel Experience
    - LineageOS
    - Havoc-OS
    - ProtonAOSP
    - AOSPA
    - Project-404
    - ShapeShiftOS
    - Wave-Project
    - Fluid OS

fpRfTVo.jpg

- ROM Source Code
    - Kernel Source
    - OFFICIAL DEVICES

yP3XUM6.jpg

--

CHANGELOG :

• Encryption disabled

i am really excited about the rom. super stable and battery consumption is awesome. especially standby. Good job! :)

ANX Cam is the only one..
    Great rom. I just hope that you can add an option to completely remove the gesture nav bar. Thank you
    I've just finished setting up my phone again and I'm very impressed by this ROM and Android 12. I couldn't get the camera shortcut to work, though. Otherwise I'm having a great time.