[ROM][13.0][Daredevil] LineageOS 20.0 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
lineage.jpg

LineageOS for Nokia 7.2

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.9 million active installs,having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017 And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Whats working?

Wi-Fi
RIL
Volte
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint
FM radio
Sound
vibration

Bugs ?
Let me know if you see anything else. Especially please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Installation process

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
* LineageOS Team for rom source
* Nokia for kernel source

Last edited:

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Note - please take your data backup and do clean flash as per the instructions linked in the main thread. On top of it, my builds will boot on any stock firmware as base. So there is no special recommendation towards which stock rom you need to be on.

Changelog - Sun Jan 22 19:01:23 UTC 2023
============================

• Initial Android 13 build
• Based on android-13.0.0_r20
• Improved system stability
• User interface enhancements
• Google security patch 2023-01
• Selinux enforced
• Vendor built from Source

• Imported CTS profile patches
• Safety net pass by default & no need zygisk
• Updated build fingerprint from Pixel 7 Pro (cheetah)

Reminder - for reporting bugs please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Nollie8969

Dec 31, 2016
Any chance it would run on Nokia 8.1 after unlocking/rooting with Hikari files ?
I'm mean ... someday / when updates are over .

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad

Changelog Sat Apr 3 08:41:31 UTC 2020
===================================

1. Initial stable build
2. March security patch
3. Comes with stock kernel
4. Linux version 4.4.194
5. Vendor image from 2250
6. System blobs from 2250
7. Ota support available

Note- Installation process changed so please go ahead and follow the instructions as I mentioned in installation section

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,937
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,911
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,839
  • 1..jpg
    1..jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,805
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,749
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,693
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,583
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,458
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,385
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,332
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,805
Last edited:

overclockA

Jan 28, 2020
I tested now and I found Google Services - are GApps included? I installed lineageos in this build to AVOID this. Or did I make something wrong?

overclockA

Jan 28, 2020
Thanks, saved me some time. Defeats the entire purpose for me.

I wrote to Raghu varma for the same question.

Technically it seems to not be that simple - if lineage 17.1 has been compiled without gapps and the build process was done by using private keys, flashing gapps would brick the device or the lineageos installation.

So Raghu varma compiled the version with gapps included to avoid this.

So I took his scripts from github and I built lineageos 17.1 on my own (with private keys and without gapps as I don't think about flashing them afterwards) - this worked fine.

Now I couldn't find his scripts for Daredevil on his github profile anymore - maybe they will come back for the 7.2 build process.

xe500linux

Apr 24, 2019
Samsung Galaxy A20
Motorola Edge

Technically it seems to not be that simple - if lineage 17.1 has been compiled without gapps and the build process was done by using private keys, flashing gapps would brick the device or the lineageos installation.

So I took his scripts from github and I built lineageos 17.1 on my own (with private keys and without gapps as I don't think about flashing them afterwards) - this worked fine.

Now I couldn't find his scripts for Daredevil on his github profile anymore - maybe they will come back for the 7.2 build process.

Ah I see. Any chance you still have a copy of your non-g build?

p0w3r_off

Nov 13, 2019
i posted already in the twrp thread of my problem "touch not working with twrp", that's still persisting.
so i got another idea. i used adb commands to control twrp. like you know, adb shell twrp sideload and then do the adb sideload commands for installing lineageos 17.1.
what did i do so far is:

*flash twrp 3.4.0
*boot up to twrp 3.4.0
*use adb shell twrp remountrw
*use adb to sideload lineageos 17.1 zipfile with commands (adb shell twrp sideload and then adb sideload lineageos.zip) - but the progress bar only goes to 47% and say like it would have "finished" - i dont believe in it
*use adb to sideload vendor zipfile zipfile with commands (adb shell twrp sideload and then adb sideload vendor.zip) - that one works normally
*changed slot from B (i was on before) to A on fastboot and flashed the vbmeta to current slot (A)
*reboot without wiping system partition and installing lineageos only brings up normal stock rom
*even wiped system partition one time (or should i say system_root?) - and installed lineageOS via adb sideload. but nothing was in the system_root folder as i mounted it back again
*wiping system partition and reboot only brings up android one loading screen endlessly

so basically, the installer says it has installed the rom, but in reality it didnt seem to touch the system partition at all. am i doing something wrong or may it be that because i dont have touch access i miss to move some unlock slider which is not implemented via adb shell twrp? i think something along these lines might be the case but.. i was able to adb shell twrp wipe system. so basically it should not be a big deal to write to system partition or system_root in general.
oh and of accusation that the adb sideload probably doesnt send data correctly (from which i heard lots of stories of the past), i even pushed the zip file via adb push to / and installed it with adb shell twrp install /lineageos.zip. same result.
what i would really like to see is an debug log of the installer zip. you only see "part 1 and part 2" installing and percentage, but no informations what the installer is doing currently. this would help a lot if there would be a switch for the installer like "verbose information"

edit again.
I finally managed to do the install. You know what? it is possible without the touch gui. what i did was:
*reflashed via fastboot the stock rom
*booted normally, installed the latest upgrade (Stock ROM OTA - took a long while) - (may be obsolete)
*booted to fastboot, flashed newest twrp to boot
*booted to recovery
*adb shell twrp remountrw
*adb shell twrp remountrw (the /tmp/recovery.log showed interestingly at first remountrw the page set of readonly, at second time not - why?)
*adb shell
*entered in adb shell mount /system
*adb shell twrp wipe data
*adb push lineageos.zip /data/
*adb shell twrp install /data/lineageos.zip
*adb push ddv.zip /data/
*adb shell twrp install /data/ddv.zip
*adb shell getprop ro.boot.slot_suffix (to get the actual boot slot)
*adb reboot bootloader
*fastboot --set-active=_a (for me i was on b before, so i needed to go to a)
*fastboot flash vbmeta_a --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
*fastboot reboot
*then the phone - now on lineage - asked me to factory reset, i did
*booted finally successfully up to lineage 17.1 - wlan, mobile network working just fine

if you want gapps on it, install them ideally direct after your custom rom is able to boot. in my case gps didnt worked with gapps and other apps till i did another factory reset. and the original launcher that comes with the cust-rom doesnt work anymore after installing the gapps. use the pixel launcher instead. after that, it works like a charme :)

in conclusion: a bit odd how the install not works as in the description was told. maybe the TA-1196 is just a bit different.

Last edited:

raziel7893

Oct 20, 2010
Hello Together,

i've installed LineageOs yesterday and i realy like it . I just can't find an camera App that supports the wideAngle Camera at the back.
Open Camera only recognizes 2 Cameras, and GCam 7.0 Nokia 7.2 Mod can't seem to access it either.

Is there a solution to this?

Best regards
Alex

Reactions: P.G.R.

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad

Changelog Fri Nov 13 23:24:47 IST 2020
==============================

- based on latest lineage sources
- November 2020 security patch
- fixed bluetooth audio
- fixed mic
- fixed RIL
- fixed headset
- based on android 10 prebuilt vendor for now ( DDV2.340 )
- Comes with stock kernel
- linux version 4.4.192
- compiled using gcc
- fixed battery drain
- fixed styles and wallpapers
- selinux enforced
- banking apps working
- use NikGapps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201114-110649_Setup_Wizard.png
    Screenshot_20201114-110649_Setup_Wizard.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 277
  • Screenshot_20201114-145833_Trebuchet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201114-145833_Trebuchet.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 269
  • Screenshot_20201114-145842_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20201114-145842_Trebuchet.png
    196.4 KB · Views: 268
  • Screenshot_20201114-145900_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20201114-145900_Settings.png
    171 KB · Views: 272
  • Screenshot_20201114-145852_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20201114-145852_Trebuchet.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 269
  • Screenshot_20201114-145913_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20201114-145913_Settings.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

dariuslapsys

Nov 17, 2020
Got brand new nokia 7.2 yesterday, developer loaded old android build 1_130 and unlocked bootloader, didnt recommend twrp as this wol break wi-fi. Can I flash this OS on my phone directly without twrp ? will wifi and camera work as it should? Sorry for the questions I am new here and just started reading this :) Thank you :)

Ro.1

Mar 11, 2016
Nokia is nowadays very slow in giving security patch updates to its devices. Its a high time we switch to custom rom..?
I'm waiting for my phone's warranty to get over. Anyways, do anyone have any eta on when this rom will get official?

dariuslapsys

Nov 17, 2020
I have managed finally to install it, but sorry, nothing mentioned work: no double tapp sleep or wake up, no fingerprint, no slinux enforced, camera is not worth to mention at all and i still didnt test bluetooth or microphones yet. ..

overclockA

Jan 28, 2020
I have managed finally to install it, but sorry, nothing mentioned work: no double tapp sleep or wake up, no fingerprint, no slinux enforced, camera is not worth to mention at all and i still didnt test bluetooth or microphones yet. ..
I agree for tapp to wake up and selinux.

Nevertheless, bluetooth and microphones and fingerprint sensors are working like a charm.
NFC is not mentioned anywhere, but I don't need this function at all.

I installed the build from 14/11.

@Raghu varma: Can we help you out sending logfiles for some issues? Do you need testers?

Ekansh7890

Dec 9, 2020
https%3A%2F%2Fwww.techtolead.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2FLineage-OS.jpg

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.9 million active installs,having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017 And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Installation procedure

Note - I don't recommend you people to flash any other custom kernels on this ROM untill Nokia release kernel sources. Because this ROM supports only stock kernel .

1. Download Rom.zip , twrp.img & vbmeta.img
2. power off your phone boot in to bootloader mode and flash twrp
3. Boot in to Twrp
4. Format data by typing yes
5. Wipe everything
6. Flash rom.zip & vendor.zip
7. Now tap on reboot and check your current active slot.
Example - if twrp shows current active slot A change to B if B change to A
8. Tap on reboot and tap on bootloader ( this will reboots your phone to bootloder mode )
9. Now open cmd in pc flash vbmeta using this command

for slot-a > fastboot flash vbmeta_a --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
for slot-b> fastboot flash vbmeta_b --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
( thanks to @singhnsk for this step )
10. now type fastboot reboot
and wait for 3 min rom will boot up

Credits
* LineageOS & CO (For Source Code)
* All the authors in my git sources
* Nokia For Prebuilt Vendor & Kernel Source
* Moderators (For Giving Freedom To Post Threads)
* My entire Nokia 7.2 community Thank you all for your massive support Again

When i install this rom volte function not proper working outgoing not work incoming volte works reply what is this

Ekansh7890

Dec 9, 2020
When i install this rom volte function not proper working outgoing not work incoming volte works reply what is this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage.jpg

LineageOS for Nokia 7.2

About LineageOS

Whats working?

Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Volte
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint
    FM radio
    Sound
    vibration

Bugs ?
    Let me know if you see anything else. Especially please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Installation process

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * LineageOS Team for rom source
    * Nokia for kernel source

Note - please take your data backup and do clean flash as per the instructions linked in the main thread. On top of it, my builds will boot on any stock firmware as base. So there is no special recommendation towards which stock rom you need to be on.

Changelog - Sun Jan 22 19:01:23 UTC 2023
    ============================

• Initial Android 13 build
    • Based on android-13.0.0_r20
    • Improved system stability
    • User interface enhancements
    • Google security patch 2023-01
    • Selinux enforced
    • Vendor built from Source

• Imported CTS profile patches
    • Safety net pass by default & no need zygisk
    • Updated build fingerprint from Pixel 7 Pro (cheetah)

Reminder - for reporting bugs please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Thank you!

Changelog Sat Apr 3 08:41:31 UTC 2020
    ===================================

1. Initial stable build
    2. March security patch
    3. Comes with stock kernel
    4. Linux version 4.4.194
    5. Vendor image from 2250
    6. System blobs from 2250
    7. Ota support available

Note- Installation process changed so please go ahead and follow the instructions as I mentioned in installation section

Thanks, saved me some time. Defeats the entire purpose for me.

Free Bootloader unlock for Nokia 7.2

Hello everyone ,

Well , I released free bootloader unlock for Nokia 7.2 & 6.2.

Everyone just go ahead and unlock your bootloader accordingly to my guide.

Guide Link : https://xdaforums.com/t/free-9-0-10-0-11-0-bootloader-unlock-for-nokia-7-2-2021-06-22.4295453/

Thank you !