• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12.0][Daredevil] LineageOS 19.0 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

P.G.R.

Feb 1, 2013
Got back to it few days ago, because got bored waiting for official update, and while I am grateful for your work I must point out a few issues:
A) no NFC;
B) no notification light;
C) no double tap to wake/sleep screen;
D) WiFi not working after installing gapps, fixable but takes time, and I think it's a good practice to warn people in description of ROM about such things;
E) adaptive brightness is acting weird, but not sure - maybe it's Android 11 thing;
F) checking notifications with fingerprint doesn't work;
G) microphone not working on Duo.

Also would be great to have 48/20 mpx camera back 😏

Last edited:

overclockA

Jan 28, 2020
Got back to it few days ago, because got bored waiting for official update, and while I am grateful for your work I must point out a few issues:
A) no NFC;
B) no notification light;
C) no double tap to wake/sleep screen;
D) WiFi not working after installing gapps, fixable but takes time, and I think it's a good practice to warn people in description of ROM about such things;
E) adaptive brightness is acting weird, but not sure - maybe it's Android 11 thing;
F) checking notifications with fingerprint doesn't work;
G) microphone not working on Duo.

Also would be great to have 48/20 mpx camera back 😏

Now I'm willing to make an offer to the dev: I (and maybe other guys from here too) will pay (or donate?) for this work this device - but only if its sources are made back available to the public to get a opportunity to make the last things running - because as far as I know, Raghu varma doesn't have a device on its own to put this device on the test.

I would be very pleased about this form of goodwill - but I have to say that I am only making this offer once, after all, it is an older device from Nokia and I would like to use it for 1-2 years longer. Unfortunately, Nokia has not yet published more up-to-date source texts for the Android 11 platform.

If this were not possible, I would be forced to switch to another device and retire the Nokia 7.2.

Anyway, thank you for the very good work already done.

Now I'm willing to make an offer to the dev: I (and maybe other guys from here too) will pay (or donate?) for this work this device - but only if its sources are made back available to the public to get a opportunity to make the last things running - because as far as I know, Raghu varma doesn't have a device on its own to put this device on the test.

I would be very pleased about this form of goodwill - but I have to say that I am only making this offer once, after all, it is an older device from Nokia and I would like to use it for 1-2 years longer. Unfortunately, Nokia has not yet published more up-to-date source texts for the Android 11 platform.

If this were not possible, I would be forced to switch to another device and retire the Nokia 7.2.

Anyway, thank you for the very good work already done.
Make the sources open and I'll drop something into your coffee mug. Hope you don't misunderstand the posts I made before, but my principle is using fully opensource'd ROMs.
It is about many things generally: Learning, helping and sharing.

Got someone around who would be interested to use the ROM, too. I was helping a lot testing and collecting debug info for lux (MSM8916) already, so I could give hints on this here.

Please keep me posted on any updates! :)

iskanje

Nov 18, 2021
Could someone point me to good and proper step-by-step instructions on how to install Lineage OS on Nokia 7.2?

I have tinkered with phones in the past, but it must have been the time of Nexus S, and I don't remember how to unlock, install Twrp and all that.

(Yes, I searched for it, and many guides are not complete or the links don't work, or are just poor copies of each other.)

Last edited:

Ro.1

Mar 11, 2016
So can we install this on latest Android 11 stock build?
Kernel version:
4.4.205-perf+
#1 Thu Oct 28 22:51:00 CST 2021

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
raghuvarma331.github.io
Changelog Mon Dec 13 06:24:08 UTC 2021
=============================
• Based on android-12.0.0_r12
• November 2021 security patch
• Improved system stability
• User interface enhancements
• Build signed with private keys

Do you like my work? Please Show your support by donating via PayPal.

My PayPal email id - [email protected]

Thank you

timmitpewpew

Oct 28, 2021
Does it have any vendor image or can we just use the android 11 one?

Also the pixel density/display resolution got screwed and the text look really, really small on my end
Changelog Mon Dec 13 06:24:08 UTC 2021
=============================
• Based on android-12.0.0_r12
• November 2021 security patch
• Improved system stability
• User interface enhancements
• Build signed with private keys

Do you like my work? Please Show your support by donating via PayPal.

My PayPal email id - [email protected]

Thank you

C--Mon

Nov 22, 2010
Karlsruhe
the rom itself works excellently so far. Only after I installed the gapps, the wifi can no longer be activated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage.jpg

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.9 million active installs,having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017 And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Installation procedure

Note - I don't recommend to flash any other custom kernels on this rom, just to avoid issues.

1. Download Rom.zip , twrp.img & vbmeta.img
    2. power off your phone boot in to bootloader mode and flash twrp
    3. Boot in to Twrp
    4. Format data by typing yes
    5. Wipe everything
    6. Flash rom.zip
    7. Now tap on reboot and check your current active slot.
    Example - if twrp shows current active slot A change to B if B change to A
    8. Tap on reboot and tap on bootloader ( this will reboots your phone to bootloder mode )
    9. Now open cmd in pc flash vbmeta using this command

for slot-a > fastboot flash vbmeta_a --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
    for slot-b> fastboot flash vbmeta_b --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
    ( thanks to @singhnsk for this step )
    10. now type fastboot reboot
    and wait for 3 min rom will boot up

Credits
    * LineageOS & CO (For Source Code)
    * All the authors in my git sources
    * Nokia For Prebuilt Vendor & Prebuilt kernel
    * Moderators (For Giving Freedom To Post Threads)
    * My entire Nokia 7.2 community Thank you all for your massive support Again

Changelog Sat Apr 3 08:41:31 UTC 2020
    ===================================

1. Initial stable build
    2. March security patch
    3. Comes with stock kernel
    4. Linux version 4.4.194
    5. Vendor image from 2250
    6. System blobs from 2250
    7. Ota support available

Note- Installation process changed so please go ahead and follow the instructions as I mentioned in installation section

Whats working?
    Ril
    Wifi
    Mobile data
    Double tap to wake
    Double tap to sleep
    Adaptive brightness
    Dark theme
    Ambient display
    Flash light
    Sound / vibration
    Volte
    Selinux - Enforcing
    bluetooth audio/media
    Fingerprint

Thanks, saved me some time. Defeats the entire purpose for me.

I wrote to Raghu varma for the same question.

Technically it seems to not be that simple - if lineage 17.1 has been compiled without gapps and the build process was done by using private keys, flashing gapps would brick the device or the lineageos installation.

So Raghu varma compiled the version with gapps included to avoid this.

So I took his scripts from github and I built lineageos 17.1 on my own (with private keys and without gapps as I don't think about flashing them afterwards) - this worked fine.

Now I couldn't find his scripts for Daredevil on his github profile anymore - maybe they will come back for the 7.2 build process.
    Free Bootloader unlock for Nokia 7.2

Hello everyone ,

Well , I released free bootloader unlock for Nokia 7.2 & 6.2.

Everyone just go ahead and unlock your bootloader accordingly to my guide.

Guide Link : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ader-unlock-for-nokia-7-2-2021-06-22.4295453/

Thank you !