Development [ROM][12.0][OFFICIAL][ALIOTH/ALIOTHIN] Descendant 12

Search This thread

jadephyre

Jan 30, 2008
Moers
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi,
How can my Poco F3 be any different than yours, mine is the 256GB/8gb variant, originally running EEA Firmware, did you follow my updated install instruction (starting with a clean install), as for the DEV, he uses his own personal time to keep our great device current, I believe he deserves far more credit for all his hard work.

A little back ground on me, i have been installing custom roms for over 10 years starting with the HTC Wildfire then the Samsung S2, S3, LG G2/G4/G7 and I know how difficult it is to even get a rom stable.

I hope you sort out your issues:unsure:,

I would like to say, Molte grazie manuel per questa fantastica rom
Yes, I did, word for word and the Assistant only works for a short while after a reboot (sometimes). I didn't even root my phone as I don't need that at the moment. Guess i'll have to live with pretty much the main function of Assistant being broken for the foreseeable future. Maybe it was a mistake dipping my toes into the sea of Xiaomi phones again.

Last edited:

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
Yes, I did, word for word and the Assistant only works for a short while after a reboot (sometimes). I didn't even root my phone as I don't need that at the moment. Guess i'll have to live with pretty much the main function of Assistant being broken for the foreseeable future. Maybe it was a mistake dipping my toes into the sea of Xiaomi phones again.
If you have a spare hour, save all your apps/pics onto your usb otg adaptor, do a complete FRESH install, after the initial install check all the apps that concern you are working correctly and then procced with completing your installation.

As for Xiaomi phones, i looked long on hard at different manufactures and no other came close, regarding the cost and warranty (here in the UK you get 2 years), i also managed to get a deal and saved £60 at the time.

I was a LG fan for years with my last phone being the G7, it was a fantastic piece of hardware in its day but sadly LG are no more and custom roms releases where few and far between and then stalled and finely ceased, then we have the new kid on the block the Poco F3, OMG i have never seen so many different custom roms for a single device.

I haven't seen many hardware issues for our device, just a few hard bricks and dead batteries, that are apparently due to using the ACCA App as it causes the battery goes completely flat and the phone won`t charge when the F3 is allowed to go completely flat .

I've used ACCA shortly after I unlocked my boot loader and use it to hopefully add longevity to my battery, i never let the F3 to fall below 20% charge and never had a issue in the 5 months I've been using it.

The only thing that bothered me was the lack of a analogue proximity sensor and i miss the inbuilt wireless charger as my G7 but i knew this before i got the F3.

Last edited:

jadephyre

Jan 30, 2008
Moers
Xiaomi Poco F3
Does anyone know if the ROM will still be updated with security patches or if the main dev already started working on Android 12L? Since a few days now the phone keeps telling me about a failed system update and that the security patch is out of date (which it is, being from February).

Edit: seems like the only way to get rid of it is by disabling the notification. The more I use the ROM, the more unfinished it feels... I'll stick it out for one more week, then i'm jumping ship... yet again. I can forgive a few bugs here and there, but spoofing the system to make it believe you are using a Pixel phone and the system trying to deliver you updates you will never be able to install is an oversight of monumental proportions. Maybe Evo X will give me a smoother experience. Bye folks, thanks for all the fish.

Last edited:

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
Does anyone know if the ROM will still be updated with security patches or if the main dev already started working on Android 12L? Since a few days now the phone keeps telling me about a failed system update and that the security patch is out of date (which it is, being from February).

Edit: seems like the only way to get rid of it is by disabling the notification. The more I use the ROM, the more unfinished it feels... I'll stick it out for one more week, then i'm jumping ship... yet again. I can forgive a few bugs here and there, but spoofing the system to make it believe you are using a Pixel phone and the system trying to deliver you updates you will never be able to install is an oversight of monumental proportions. Maybe Evo X will give me a smoother experience. Bye folks, thanks for all the fish.
Hi,
I also got the update pop up, Niente panico !, yes we have to wait for Manuel to update this great rom as he had as done previously,

Fortunately I'm not a cetaceans and happy to wait for the next security update !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: manuelbianco

jadephyre

Jan 30, 2008
Moers
Xiaomi Poco F3
I saw there was a new version up and there are two new things to download, boot and vendor_boot... are the latter two for people that had not upgraded to MIUI 13 before flashing Descendant or are both still necessary? Never having flashed anything else but recoveries and ROMs I have no idea of the commands needed.

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
I saw there was a new version up and there are two new things to download, boot and vendor_boot... are the latter two for people that had not upgraded to MIUI 13 before flashing Descendant or are both still necessary? Never having flashed anything else but recoveries and ROMs I have no idea of the commands needed.

manuelbianco

Sep 30, 2013
Italy

With virtual a/b, recovery partition doesn't exist, just flash boot and vendor_boot and you will also flashed descendant bootable recovery.
Commands:
fastboot flash boot boot......img
fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.....img
fastboot reboot recovery

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
Hi Manuel,

Thank you for the update, just to let you know that Version 2019 updated flawlessly,

I installed Descendant_alioth-12.1-20220410-2019-RELEASE, doing a (Dirty flash) and re-installed TWRP, using a USB stick and OTG adaptor.

After reboot my F3 was working "almost" as before apart from, loss of Root, i fixed this by re-installed Magisk.v24 via TWRP recovery.

Every thing worked as before like my banking apps, ACCA(y)(y)(y), i noticed my AnTuTu score has dropped a bit.

I am very happy with this great rom and it`s nice to see UI touches like, the finger print scanner indicator arrow is now in line with the power button key.

This GREAT rom is rock solid with no force closes, good battery life, looks almost stock and with no unnecessary bloatware,

the bluetooth bug still exists, but my previous fix is till working.

Molte grazie Manuel:cool: per tutto il tuo duro lavoro e una buona Pasqua dal Regno Unito

Last edited:

jadephyre

Jan 30, 2008
Moers
Xiaomi Poco F3
One thing i'd like to ask: In MIUI there was a function for the fingerprint-scanner to only unlock the phone after the button was physically pressed... is there such a function in this ROM and I just haven't found it or does it not exist after all? No harm if not, just wanted to ask if i'm too blind to find it :)

fivezil

Feb 19, 2018
Seremban
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi,
I would like to say a big thank you to

manuelbianco (y) and the Descendant team for this great rom,​

after trying many other roms, yours stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Like most users, i was searching for a fast, stable and refined rom with the latest security patches,

the Descendant rom nailed it (y) .

I have not found any bugs, but then i don`t use all the bells and whistles that my phone has to offer.

After many dirty flashes of different roms over the Xiaomi.eu A12 rom, i decided to start from a clean install.

Pre-install notes,

With my Bootloader already unlocked,
I copied all the files below, (except Xiaomi.eu V12 rom & TWRP fastboot toolkit) onto a USB memory stick and installed them via a OTG adaptor.

To enter Fastboot mode, hold down the Volume down & power buttons together.

How i installed the rom

1. I started with a clean install of the Xiaomi.eu V12, via Fastboot,
Choosing: windows fastboot first install with data format.Bat,

1a. I installed Xiaomi.eu V12 rom by putting my F3 into Fastboot mode
and running the .bat file above using my PC

2. Reboot the F3 into Fastboot mode and using a PC, install TWRP fastboot toolkit (FIXED)

3. install this Great Rom descendant_alioth-12.0-20211223-0951-RELEASE.zip

4. install OrangeFox recovery,

5. After OFox rebooted into recovery, i installed Magisk-v23.0

Safety net passes without Magisk, if you don`t require Root.

6. in Orangefox, i formatted data, by typing YES and re-booted.

7. after the initial start up and installing all my apps,
i then installed the brilliant Advanced Charging Controller (ACCA) ,

This rom is now my daily driver and for anyone wanting to know how fast this rom is, my AnTuTu score is 709661

Other AnTuTu scores were,
Arrow O/S A12, 679090,
Xiaomi.eu V12-12, 661033,

My Poco F3 is the 8gb/256gb EU version,

many thanks again (y) (y) (y) (y),

Johnr64.
Hi @johnr64, can you give review on Descendant default camera? is it ok compared to POCO default camera? (no lag, no crash, suitable for daily use?) Thanks!

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
Hi @johnr64, can you give review on Descendant default camera? is it ok compared to POCO default camera? (no lag, no crash, suitable for daily use?) Thanks!
Hi,
I only had the official miui rom for a week or so, while i was waiting for my bootloader to be unlocked.

I use One s10 camera on a daily bases, as I like the gallery feature found on Samsung phones,

I vaguely remember a force close on one of my Custom roms caused by a camera app, that was a long time ago.

I am now on the forth update of the great rom and not really had any issues with my camera, apart from One s10 camera can sometimes not display the camera image when opening the app, i overcome this by selecting another lenses aspect, then all is working as i should.

I`m not a fan of Miui rom due to the fact that i use my Samsung watch as a trusted device and that miui roms will only except Xiaomi devices as a trusted device,

I also use ACCA to manage my battery charge cycles and this requires Root access, i've had my F3 for 6 months and the battery is still at 96% capacity:).

Sorry i`m not much help regarding the camera, as i updated to build 2019 over my previous 2218 build, i didn`t clean up my camera apps and i have three camera apps installed, i have tried them all and none of them cause a force close and they are all working OK,

I hope you enjoy this GREAT rom as much as i do(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: fivezil

fivezil

Feb 19, 2018
Seremban
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi,
I only had the official miui rom for a week or so, while i was waiting for my bootloader to be unlocked.

I use One s10 camera on a daily bases, as I like the gallery feature found on Samsung phones,

I vaguely remember a force close on one of my Custom roms caused by a camera app, that was a long time ago.

I am now on the forth update of the great rom and not really had any issues with my camera, apart from One s10 camera can sometimes not display the camera image when opening the app, i overcome this by selecting another lenses aspect, then all is working as i should.

I`m not a fan of Miui rom due to the fact that i use my Samsung watch as a trusted device and that miui roms will only except Xiaomi devices as a trusted device,

I also use ACCA to manage my battery charge cycles and this requires Root access, i've had my F3 for 6 months and the battery is still at 96% capacity:).

Sorry i`m not much help regarding the camera, as i updated to build 2019 over my previous 2218 build, i didn`t clean up my camera apps and i have three camera apps installed, i have tried them all and none of them cause a force close and they are all working OK,

Wow... thanks for sharing @johnr64... 👍👌

manuelbianco

Sep 30, 2013
Italy
May build was release.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    May build was release.
    Hi,

Header.png

Descendant is a customised Android ROM that focuses on enhancing UX and UI
    over stock Android along useful features.

Downloads

Head to the download page.

Sources

Github

Guide.png

Do the format data
    Flash
    firmware , min fw 12.5.5.0
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash Descendant
    No wipes are needed between updates from Descendant itself, unless specified.
    Official twrp can be used to flash it.

Features.png

Listing all the additions would be a huge wall of text, that you wouldn't even read.
    So, head over the Telegram group and feel free to lurk.

Preloaded applications
    Google Apps are included.

Bugs.png

Having a bug or not booting for whatever reason?
    Look for "How to report bugs" on this post.
    Bug reports without logs will be ignored.

Credits.png

@phhusson | @Letzen | @krule031 | @ezio84 | @linuxct

Android OS version: 12.0.0_r20
    Not available for Poco F1 as of now.. I will be waiting..
    why should it concern me? Ask support into your community.
    New build released!

Changelog:
    - Restrict and align padding into status bar
    - Fixed recycler view that won't show last two element of the thermal app list
    - Fixed dup color options, and remove extra options
    Hi,
    I would like to say a big thank you to

manuelbianco (y) and the Descendant team for this great rom,​

after trying many other roms, yours stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Like most users, i was searching for a fast, stable and refined rom with the latest security patches,

the Descendant rom nailed it (y) .

I have not found any bugs, but then i don`t use all the bells and whistles that my phone has to offer.

After many dirty flashes of different roms over the Xiaomi.eu A12 rom, i decided to start from a clean install.

Pre-install notes,

With my Bootloader already unlocked,
    I copied all the files below, (except Xiaomi.eu V12 rom & TWRP fastboot toolkit) onto a USB memory stick and installed them via a OTG adaptor.

To enter Fastboot mode, hold down the Volume down & power buttons together.

How i installed the rom

1. I started with a clean install of the Xiaomi.eu V12, via Fastboot,
    Choosing: windows fastboot first install with data format.Bat,

1a. I installed Xiaomi.eu V12 rom by putting my F3 into Fastboot mode
    and running the .bat file above using my PC

2. Reboot the F3 into Fastboot mode and using a PC, install TWRP fastboot toolkit (FIXED)

3. install this Great Rom descendant_alioth-12.0-20211223-0951-RELEASE.zip

4. install OrangeFox recovery,

5. After OFox rebooted into recovery, i installed Magisk-v23.0

Safety net passes without Magisk, if you don`t require Root.

6. in Orangefox, i formatted data, by typing YES and re-booted.

7. after the initial start up and installing all my apps,
    i then installed the brilliant Advanced Charging Controller (ACCA) ,

This rom is now my daily driver and for anyone wanting to know how fast this rom is, my AnTuTu score is 709661

Other AnTuTu scores were,
    Arrow O/S A12, 679090,
    Xiaomi.eu V12-12, 661033,

My Poco F3 is the 8gb/256gb EU version,

many thanks again (y) (y) (y) (y),

Johnr64.
    @manuelbianco Bro just ignore these people 😂