Development [ROM][12.0][OFFICIAL][ALIOTH/ALIOTHIN] Descendant 12

Search This thread

jadephyre

Jan 30, 2008
Moers
Samsung Galaxy A33
@manuelbianco
New update won't install, it craps itself with Error 7 and states an error in package.zip?
Yes, I did install both the new boot.img and vendor_boot image, no I didn't change anything in the system or root it... is there any way to force an update or am I just SOL?

EDIT: Tried five different cables on three different USB ports, nothing works.
If no one has any idea, i'll probably have to go back to stock again which would really suck.

Last edited:

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
Won't install for me, did it work for you or did it also give Error 7 when you tried to flash it?
Sadly I haven't been able to find a working download link, as your having issues I'm guessing Manuel😇 is aware of the problem and will publish a working link once it has been fixed🤞🤞🤞🤞

jadephyre

Jan 30, 2008
Moers
Samsung Galaxy A33
Sadly I haven't been able to find a working download link, as your having issues I'm guessing Manuel😇 is aware of the problem and will publish a working link once it has been fixed🤞🤞🤞🤞
Not really, he didn't have time to take an interest in my problem. I tried installing it with skkk TWRP, normal TWRP and the supplied recovery from the site, nothing worked and I have resigned myself to installing Xiaomi.eu this weekend after the Telegram community concluded that it is my fault (by using the phone normally) and nothing will be done about it since no one else had similar problems. I wish you luck installing the update when you get around to it and hope you do not run into similar problems. I for one am done with this ROM and am only replying since you did. Had you not mentioned me, your answer would have passed me by as i'm no longer watching this thread. Take care, and happy flashing.

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
@manuelbianco
New update won't install, it craps itself with Error 7 and states an error in package.zip?
Yes, I did install both the new boot.img and vendor_boot image, no I didn't change anything in the system or root it... is there any way to force an update or am I just SOL?

EDIT: Tried five different cables on three different USB ports, nothing works.
If no one has any idea, i'll probably have to go back to stock again which would really suck.

All of the monthly updates, including TWRP & Magisk are installed via a USB Stick and OTG adaptor,

1. Download the rom,
2. plug in usb stick via a OTG Adaptor, boot into TWRP, install Descendant 12,
3. re-install TWRP recovery,
4. reboot, check all is working ok, unfreeze Magisk and delete Magisk from within SD Maid,
5. reboot into TWRP, install Magisk, Reboot,
6. setup magisk as before, renaming magisk from within Magisk, adding programs to the block list,
7. Re-freeze Magisk with SD Maid,
8. happy days

I have just read you latest reply, it is sad your leaving this great rom, i am not a fan of Xiaomi.eu, due to the restrictive nature of certain parts of there builds, for me it`s the trusted device issue and the general UI even thou i use nova launcher, I wish you well on your firmware adventures with our great device

Last edited:

jadephyre

Jan 30, 2008
Moers
Samsung Galaxy A33
As i am still waiting for a public link, i haven`t been able to try it,

all of the monthly updates, including TWRP & Magisk are installed via a USB Stick and OTG adaptor,

1. Download the rom,
2. plug in usb stick via a OTG Adaptor, boot into TWRP, install Descendant 12,
3. re-install TWRP recovery,
4. reboot, check all is working ok, unfreeze Magisk and delete Magisk from within SD Maid,
5. reboot into TWRP, install Magisk, Reboot,
6. setup magisk as before, renaming magisk from within Magisk, adding programs to the block list,
7. Re-freeze Magisk with SD Maid,
8. happy days
Thank you, but i'm done jumping through hoops 😊

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
Hi Manuel,
Thank you for your latest update, you were so fast at publishing your release, the descendant build update notification only appeared 4 days after your release, I eventually found it on page 2 of downloads.descendant.me,
I followed my previous Instructions and had no issues or errors,
Is it possible to add a build date to make it easier to track down future updates of this fantastic rom.

Thank you as always for all your hardwork and for keeping the F3 continually up to date, even though there are some doubters,

sei fantastico, discendente rom semplicemente il migliore ❤️❤️❤️

beicuxhaven

Jan 16, 2011
does anyone else here have the problem that the device does not come out of deep sleep at all from time to time?

beicuxhaven

Jan 16, 2011
is it possible that it can be due to restoring apps etc? Or the Nova launcher? Anyone have any ideas?

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
does anyone else here have the problem that the device does not come out of deep sleep at all from time to time?
Hi,
As your aware I run this great rom and I also use Nova launcher, please can you explain how and when you have issues:unsure:.
I use this rom as my daily driver, I do have intermittent issues with Telegram notifications but i put this down to using my company wifi and its filtering, at home it is fine, i am a low user of my phone and i turn it off at night.

if in doubt you could try a CLEAN install and see how you go ????

beicuxhaven

Jan 16, 2011
Hi,
As your aware I run this great rom and I also use Nova launcher, please can you explain how and when you have issues:unsure:.
I use this rom as my daily driver, I do have intermittent issues with Telegram notifications but i put this down to using my company wifi and its filtering, at home it is fine, i am a low user of my phone and i turn it off at night.

if in doubt you could try a CLEAN install and see how you go ????
clean install I had done. must have been something with the restore of google account. made everything again u now runs's

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header.png

Descendant is a customised Android ROM that focuses on enhancing UX and UI
    over stock Android along useful features.

Downloads

Head to the download page.

Sources

Github

Guide.png

Do the format data
    Flash
    firmware , min fw 12.5.5.0
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash Descendant
    No wipes are needed between updates from Descendant itself, unless specified.
    Official twrp can be used to flash it.

Features.png

Listing all the additions would be a huge wall of text, that you wouldn't even read.
    So, head over the Telegram group and feel free to lurk.

Preloaded applications
    Google Apps are included.

Bugs.png

Having a bug or not booting for whatever reason?
    Look for "How to report bugs" on this post.
    Bug reports without logs will be ignored.

Credits.png

@phhusson | @Letzen | @krule031 | @ezio84 | @linuxct

Android OS version: 12.0.0_r20
    Not available for Poco F1 as of now.. I will be waiting..
    why should it concern me? Ask support into your community.
    New build released!

Changelog:
    - Restrict and align padding into status bar
    - Fixed recycler view that won't show last two element of the thermal app list
    - Fixed dup color options, and remove extra options
    Hi,
    I would like to say a big thank you to

manuelbianco (y) and the Descendant team for this great rom,​

after trying many other roms, yours stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Like most users, i was searching for a fast, stable and refined rom with the latest security patches,

the Descendant rom nailed it (y) .

I have not found any bugs, but then i don`t use all the bells and whistles that my phone has to offer.

After many dirty flashes of different roms over the Xiaomi.eu A12 rom, i decided to start from a clean install.

Pre-install notes,

With my Bootloader already unlocked,
    I copied all the files below, (except Xiaomi.eu V12 rom & TWRP fastboot toolkit) onto a USB memory stick and installed them via a OTG adaptor.

To enter Fastboot mode, hold down the Volume down & power buttons together.

How i installed the rom

1. I started with a clean install of the Xiaomi.eu V12, via Fastboot,
    Choosing: windows fastboot first install with data format.Bat,

1a. I installed Xiaomi.eu V12 rom by putting my F3 into Fastboot mode
    and running the .bat file above using my PC

2. Reboot the F3 into Fastboot mode and using a PC, install TWRP fastboot toolkit (FIXED)

3. install this Great Rom descendant_alioth-12.0-20211223-0951-RELEASE.zip

4. install OrangeFox recovery,

5. After OFox rebooted into recovery, i installed Magisk-v23.0

Safety net passes without Magisk, if you don`t require Root.

6. in Orangefox, i formatted data, by typing YES and re-booted.

7. after the initial start up and installing all my apps,
    i then installed the brilliant Advanced Charging Controller (ACCA) ,

This rom is now my daily driver and for anyone wanting to know how fast this rom is, my AnTuTu score is 709661

Other AnTuTu scores were,
    Arrow O/S A12, 679090,
    Xiaomi.eu V12-12, 661033,

My Poco F3 is the 8gb/256gb EU version,

many thanks again (y) (y) (y) (y),

Johnr64.
    @manuelbianco Bro just ignore these people 😂