Development [ROM][12.0][OFFICIAL][ALIOTH/ALIOTHIN] Descendant 12

Search This thread

droptech75

Jan 31, 2020

Hi Guys, please take my apologies 1st as I am posting an issue which is not on this rom but all android 12. So far , I saw 2 rom which is facing similar issue , Right now I am with Arrow OS 12 January 2022 update and with miui global 12.5.5.0.​

1. Screen timeout sometimes doesn't work, its very annoying and strange, i tried to clean the cache but randomly its not going to sleeping mode. Even on previous update, I faced the same issue, (are facing same problem on Descendant 12) ??​

2. its not a problem but , how can I disable double tap to screen off option? could not find it,​

please any suggestion???​

Last but not least, how is your overall experience with Descendant 12. I hope it will help to understand other people for long term usage. :) :)

thanks in advance.​

johnr64

how is your overall experience with Descendant 12. I hope it will help to understand other people for long term usage.​

Hi,
How i made Descendant 12 rom PERFECT for me,

I started from an almost original miui rom, in my case .eu 12 rom, check my "how i installed" post on page one,

for me i use a custom launcher, in my case Nova launcher,
to increase the size of icons (due to my bad eye sight) getting old.

I mainly use my F3 for banking + Samsung wear apps and a bit of web browsing.

I am a massive fan of DTTW as i was a LG user, “i`ve still got my G7”,
unfortunately Nova launcher lacks the ability to turn off the home screen, but has the feature where you can run apps by double tapping the home screen,

i use "TURN OFF SCREEN (screen lock)".apk by redmanit,

I have no issue with my screen going to sleep, i only struggle sometimes to wake my phone by double tapping the screen,

I also love the trusted device option, I use my Samsung watch as a trusted device to keep my phone unlocked, when using miui/.eu roms only xiaomi devices are allowed as a trusted device.

I am a fan of charging my battery between 25 to 80% to save battery wear,

i have found that charging between 35 - 60%, last me a full 8 hours and only creates
0.03 cycles of battery wear according to accu battery.

I use ACCA every day to set my charging parameters and it works great,
as my battery never drops below 25% charge, i have no fear of my phone dying.

Some F3 users have documented that using this app on different custom roms have damaged their devices,

use ACCA at your own risk.

Another addition that i am a fan of is wireless charging, again this dates back to my LG days,
I use a good quality QI receiver, like the one i have posted on the main F3 page.

I use my F3 in a clam style case with an additional third-party screen protector, with having the QI receiver fitted it also has the bonus of protecting my charge socket from wear and tear and debris.

My Atutu score is a very respectable 709183,

I love my F3 and especially this fantastic rom,

Again a massive thank you to the master:cool:

Manuelbianco(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:

droptech75

Jan 31, 2020
Hi,
How i made Descendant 12 rom PERFECT for me was,

I start from an almost original miui rom, in my case .eu 12 rom, check my "how i installed" post on page one,

for me i use a custom launcher, in my case Nova launcher,
to increase the size of icons (due to my bad eye sight) getting old.

I mainly use my F3 for banking + Samsung wear apps and a bit of web browsing.

I am a massive fan of DTTW as i was a LG user, “i`ve still got my G7”,
unfortunately Nova launcher lacks the ability to turn off the home screen, but has the feature where you can run apps by double tapping the home screen,

i use "TURN OFF SCREEN (screen lock)".apk by redmanit,

I have no issue with my screen going to sleep, i only struggle sometimes to wake my phone by double tapping the screen,

I also love the trusted device option function, I use my Samsung watch as a trusted device,
this option does not work for non-Miui devices in .eu roms.

I am a fan of charging my battery between 25 to 80% to save battery wear,

i have found that charging between 35 - 60%, last me a full 8 hours and only creates
0.03 cycles of battery wear according to accu battery.

I use ACCA every day to set my charging parameters and it works great,
as my battery never drops below 25% charge, i have no fear of my phone dying.

Some F3 users have documented that using this app on different custom roms have damaged their devices,
use ACCA at your own risk.

Another addition that i am a fan about is, wireless charging, again this dates back to my LG days,
i`m using a good quality QI receiver, like the one i have posted on the main F3 page,

i use my F3 in a clam style case with an additional third-party screen protector, with having the QI receiver fitted has the bonus of, protecting my charge socket from wear and tear and debris.

My Atutu score is a very respectable 709183,

I love my F3 and especially this fantastic rom,

Again a massive thank you to the master:cool:

Manuelbianco(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
Oh man, that's a massive reply, much appreciated , that will help a lot to understand.

johnr64

Oh man, that's a massive reply, much appreciated , that will help a lot to understand.
I love this rom so much, i think every one should be using it,

I think the F3 is a Fantastic device for the price, i paid £269 for the 8GB/256 version and came with 2 years UK warranty, you carn`t go wrong for the price.

The F3 is my 1st ever "NEW PHONE", even though I've been play with custom roms for 10 years, starting with the HTC Wildfire.

The only thing that lets the F3 down in the electronic proximity sensor,
but it works fine in my clam/wallet type case.

I`m glad you enjoyed my mini review,

this was only made possible by the MASTER:cool:.

Manuelbianco

Last edited:

johnr64

Hi Manuelbianco,
I think i have found a bug:(, my NFC randomly turns it self off after reboot, i run Magisk v23 to enable ACCA for my battery charging and SD Maid to freeze/hide Magisk from my banking apps.
I have looked on XDA and haven`t found solution, strange one,

thank you again for this great rom(y)(y).

Last edited:

LukSkaze

Nov 14, 2021
OPPO Find X3 Pro
The ROM itself is awesome, however the download system is quite trash. Sorry that i have to say it this harsh but i really dont like it. I can't for the live of me download any updates, just because i am a techsavvy person and have a pihole running in my lan network. Even after disabling it (and clearing cookies and stuff) it still doesn't let me download because of no ads. I mean i get it, you want money. But please, find a different hosting solution that isn't this painful. Especially because the rom itself in my oppinion is the best rom for this device out there because of a few features i couldn't find in other roms i tried.

johnr64

Hi Manuelbianco,
I think i have found a bug:(, my NFC randomly turns it self off after reboot, i run Magisk v23 to enable ACCA for my battery charging and SD Maid to freeze/hide Magisk from my banking apps.
I have looked on XDA and haven`t found solution, strange one,

thank you again for this great rom(y)(y).
------------------- UPDATE --------------------

I have found a way to turn on NFC at boot up,

i use this amazing free app called:

MacroDroid Device Automation v5.21.3,

and made a simple macro for it.

How to install

Download & install MacroDroid
Download Nfcon boot macro

In file manager open, Nfcon boot macro as/using Macrodroid,
once loaded check it is working and remember to save it in Macrodroid

now my Descendant 12 is Purrrrfect again,

i have attached some screen shots,

i hope this helps someone as much as it did me:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220208-180509_MacroDroid.png
    Screenshot_20220208-180509_MacroDroid.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20220208-183547_MacroDroid.png
    Screenshot_20220208-183547_MacroDroid.png
    208 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20220208-180523_MacroDroid.png
    Screenshot_20220208-180523_MacroDroid.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Reactions: r2x

johnr64

Hi All,

These are my install notes for the latest build of this brilliant rom.

Descendant alioth 12.0 Build 2218 13-02-2022

Again many thanks to Manuelbianco (y)(y)(y)(y)

and the Descendant team.

This time I struggled to download the rom due to the AdBlock issues,
to fix this i downloaded a browser called SlimBrowser x64 once download, copied it to my usb memory stick.

Pre-install notes

With my Bootloader already unlocked, I copied all the files below,
(except Xiaomi.eu V12 rom & TWRP fastboot toolkit) onto a USB memory stick and installed them via a OTG adaptor.

Backup all your important data before installing this or any ROM!!,

You have been warned

*** i tried a dirty flash from build 1921, but i had app issues, i also did a factory reset from within the roms recovery, but i had problems with Googlepay crashing, so i reverted back to a clean install using the, Xiaomi.eu V12 rom as before ***

How i installed the rom

1. I started with a clean install of the Xiaomi.eu V12 via Fastboot,
Choosing: windows fastboot first install with data format.Bat,

1a. I installed Xiaomi.eu V12 rom by putting my F3 into Fastboot mode
and running the .bat file above using my PC,

To enter Fastboot mode, turn off the F3, then hold down the Volume down & power buttons together.

2. Once .eu rom has finished the initial boot, reboot the F3 into Fastboot mode and using a PC, install TWRP fastboot toolkit (FIXED)

3. install descendant alioth 12.0 20220213 Build 2218.zip and from within TWRP, Format data by typing "YES" and restart the F3 to complete the initial first build.

4. After completion of the first build, I Installed all my APPS, including my banking apps and confirm they are working correctly.

5. I then re-installed TWRP fastboot toolkit (FIXED) using FASTBOOT via my PC.

6. From within TWRP, i installed OrangeFox recovery and after automatically rebooting back into recovery, i installed Magisk-v23.0.zip and rebooted my phone.

7. I then updated Magisk to v.24 via the app and renamed Magisk to avoid most of my banking apps detecting root.

8. i had issues with Santander and Tesco Pay+ detecting Magisk, i fixed this by using SD MAID to freeze "HIDE" Magisk from apps.

Safety net passes without Magisk, if you don`t require Root.

I had to re-apply my NFC Fix but this is a small price to pay for this Fantastic rom.

This rom is again my Daily Driver and for anyone wanting to know how fast this rom is, my latest AnTuTu score is 708922, dated 19-02-2022.

Other AnTuTu scores were,
Arrow O/S A12, 679090,
Xiaomi.eu V12-12, 661033,

My Poco F3 is the 8gb/256gb EU version,

many thanks again (y) (y) (y) (y),

Johnr64

Last edited:

Eiji714

Mar 21, 2017
Hi All,

and the Descendant team.

to fix this i downloaded a browser called SlimBrowser x64 once download, i moved onto the fun part.

Pre-install notes

(except Xiaomi.eu V12 rom & TWRP fastboot toolkit) onto a USB memory stick and installed them via a OTG adaptor.

Also backup all your important data before installing this or any ROM!!

*** i tried a dirty flash from build 1921, but i had app issues, i also did a factory reset from within the roms recovery, but i had problems with Googlepay crashing, so i reverted back to a clean install using the, Xiaomi.eu V12 rom as before ***

How i installed the rom

To enter Fastboot mode, turn off the F3, then hold down the Volume down & power buttons together.

2. Once .eu rom has finished the initial boot, reboot the F3 into Fastboot mode and using a PC, install TWRP fastboot toolkit (FIXED)

3. install descendant alioth 12.0 20220213 Build 2218.zip and from within TWRP, Format data by typing "YES" and restart the F3 to complete the initial first build.

4. After completion of the first build, I Installed all my APPS, including my banking apps and confirm they are working correctly.

5. I then installed TWRP fastboot toolkit (FIXED) using FASTBOOT via my PC.

6. From within TWRP, i installed OrangeFox recovery and after automatically rebooting back into recovery, i installed Magisk-v23.0.zip and rebooted my phone.

7. I then updated Magisk to v.24 via the app and renamed Magisk to avoid most of my banking apps detecting root.

8. i had issues with Santander and Tesco Pay+ detecting Magisk, i fixed this by using SD MAID to freeze "HIDE" Magisk from apps.

I had to re-apply my NFC Fix but this is a small price to pay for this Fantastic rom.

This rom is again my Daily Driver and for anyone wanting to know how fast this rom is, my latest AnTuTu score is 708922, dated 19-02-2022.

Arrow O/S A12, 679090,

Johnr64
hi sir, had tried this rom, unfortunately i had bad battery drain during sleep, 9pm stopeed using my phone around 84% battery charge, woke up @ 6am, 41% battery remaining, do you encounter this issue?

johnr64

hi sir, had tried this rom, unfortunately i had bad battery drain during sleep, 9pm stopeed using my phone around 84% battery charge, woke up @ 6am, 41% battery remaining, do you encounter this issue?
Hi,
I haven`t encountered any major battery drain issues on a daily bases,
as for overnight discharging i can not comment, as i turn of my phone.

I would suggest to check the battery usage of all the app running to hopefully track down the culprit,
also did you start from a clean install as mentioned in my latest post.

If i had to keep my phone on overnight, i would use the brilliant ACCA (Root Needed) and a wireless charger, as i already use these on a daily biases.

My opinion of this rom

Yes i found one bug with NFC not turning on at boot, but i found a workaround.

I don`t get any force closes, its fast, smooth and doesn't have any pointless extras and importantly is continually updated,

again a massive thank you to Manuelbianco (y)(y)(y)(y)

I LOVE THIS ROM:love::love::love:

Last edited:

Eiji714

Mar 21, 2017
Hi,
I haven`t encountered any major battery drain issues on a daily bases,
as for overnight discharging i can not comment, as i turn of my phone.

I would suggest to check the battery usage of all the app running to hopefully track down the culprit,
also did you start from a clean install as mentioned in my latest post.

If i had to keep my phone on overnight, i would use the brilliant ACCA (Root Needed) and a wireless charger, as i already use on a daily biases.

My opinion of this rom

Yes i found one bug with NFC not turning on at boot, but i found a workaround.

I don`t get any force closes, its fast, smooth and doesn't have any pointless extras and importantly is continually updated,

again a massive thank you to Manuelbianco (y)(y)(y)(y)

I LOVE THIS ROM:love::love::love:
Noted sir how about youtube app and youtube vanced lagging during sxrolling ang video playback? My interenet connection is good, managed to clear app data, nothing happens

johnr64

Noted sir how about youtube app and youtube vanced lagging during sxrolling ang video playback? My interenet connection is good, managed to clear app data, nothing happens
Hi,
I have no issues with youtube app from the playstore lagging, take the plunge, following my revised install instruction, i always recommend starting from a base .EU rom, choosing format data.bat via FASTBOOT and a PC.

I have re-built my F3, many times and found that starting from a clean rom, fixes most issues, F.Y.I my F3 is the 8GB 256GB version

Last edited:

Eiji714

Mar 21, 2017
Hi,
I have no issues with youtube app from the playstore lagging, take the plunge, following my revised install instruction, i always recommend starting from a base .EU rom, choosing format data.bat via FASTBOOT and a PC.

I have re-built my F3, many times and found that starting from a clean rom, fixes most issues, F.Y.I my F3 is the 8GB 256GB version
ok thats sweet sir, will try, as of now, i managed to fix youtube stuttering by disabling 'ok google' on voice match. i dunno why enabling it makes my youtube app even vanced stutters.

thank you sir.

Reactions: johnr64

nicky69100

Jul 26, 2017
LYON
try disabling unused Google apps which often explain most off the drain, and restrict background activities of apps that don't need them. also disables pocket mode and ambient display if activated, and setup network type to lte if you don't use 5g. also please share your battery consumption it will help ^^

Reactions: Eiji714 and johnr64

Eiji714

Mar 21, 2017
i have problems with screen timeout, sometimes working most of the time not, have already cleared settings & settings services cache but still persist. anyone with the same issue?

Reactions: using9

wokdogol

Hi All,

and the Descendant team.

to fix this i downloaded a browser called SlimBrowser x64 once download, copied it to my usb memory stick.

Pre-install notes

Backup all your important data before installing this or any ROM!!,

You have been warned

How i installed the rom

5. I then re-installed TWRP fastboot toolkit (FIXED) using FASTBOOT via my PC.

Arrow O/S A12, 679090,

Johnr64
This detail info/tutorial really help. Will try this rom this weekend. Thanks 👍

Reactions: johnr64

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header.png

Descendant is a customised Android ROM that focuses on enhancing UX and UI
    over stock Android along useful features.

Downloads

Head to the download page.

Sources

Github

Guide.png

Do the format data
    Flash
    firmware , min fw 12.5.5.0
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash Descendant
    No wipes are needed between updates from Descendant itself, unless specified.
    Official twrp can be used to flash it.

Features.png

Listing all the additions would be a huge wall of text, that you wouldn't even read.
    So, head over the Telegram group and feel free to lurk.

Preloaded applications
    Google Apps are included.

Bugs.png

Having a bug or not booting for whatever reason?
    Look for "How to report bugs" on this post.
    Bug reports without logs will be ignored.

Credits.png

@phhusson | @Letzen | @krule031 | @ezio84 | @linuxct

Android OS version: 12.0.0_r20
    Not available for Poco F1 as of now.. I will be waiting..
    why should it concern me? Ask support into your community.
    New build released!

Changelog:
    - Restrict and align padding into status bar
    - Fixed recycler view that won't show last two element of the thermal app list
    - Fixed dup color options, and remove extra options
    Hi,
    I would like to say a big thank you to

manuelbianco (y) and the Descendant team for this great rom,​

after trying many other roms, yours stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Like most users, i was searching for a fast, stable and refined rom with the latest security patches,

the Descendant rom nailed it (y) .

I have not found any bugs, but then i don`t use all the bells and whistles that my phone has to offer.

After many dirty flashes of different roms over the Xiaomi.eu A12 rom, i decided to start from a clean install.

Pre-install notes,

With my Bootloader already unlocked,
    I copied all the files below, (except Xiaomi.eu V12 rom & TWRP fastboot toolkit) onto a USB memory stick and installed them via a OTG adaptor.

To enter Fastboot mode, hold down the Volume down & power buttons together.

How i installed the rom

1. I started with a clean install of the Xiaomi.eu V12, via Fastboot,

and running the .bat file above using my PC

2. Reboot the F3 into Fastboot mode and using a PC, install TWRP fastboot toolkit (FIXED)

3. install this Great Rom descendant_alioth-12.0-20211223-0951-RELEASE.zip

4. install OrangeFox recovery,

5. After OFox rebooted into recovery, i installed Magisk-v23.0

6. in Orangefox, i formatted data, by typing YES and re-booted.

7. after the initial start up and installing all my apps,
    i then installed the brilliant Advanced Charging Controller (ACCA) ,

This rom is now my daily driver and for anyone wanting to know how fast this rom is, my AnTuTu score is 709661

Arrow O/S A12, 679090,

Johnr64.
    @manuelbianco Bro just ignore these people 😂