[ROM][12.0][OFFICIAL] Weeb Project [LAVENDER]

Search This thread

Hitachy

Nov 2, 2015
Grosseto
Hi. I have an issue and I don't know if it's related to this specific ROM or A11 in general. When I'm listening to music and the media controls appear in the Quick Switch, after some time ( like 10-15 minutes ) it disappears completely and I have to go to open the player and press the pause/play button to make it reappear. Is it only me?

Experienced this yesterday as well. But only the one time

For me is consistent and with any player (Poweramp, Spotify, Pocket Casts)

You've only to double swipe down your statusbar, it will not appear anymore as a consistent notify, but instead it will be a part of shortcut on statusbar, just like this.

x1ld3n

May 7, 2016
Redmi Note 10 Pro
You've only to double swipe down your statusbar, it will not appear anymore as a consistent notify, but instead it will be a part of shortcut on statusbar, just like this.
The problem is that it disappears completely from QS and from lock screen as well, and I have to open the player, hit pause/play then it appears. It's so annoying.

Last edited:

Camarda

May 3, 2012
Itabira
I can confirm that. Happens very often. Also, there's seen to be something wrong with memory management. Apps are getting killed in background all the time, even if there's only one app open. Sometimes I open Spotify, go to homescreen and the app just dies, with nothing more open. My phone is the 4gb ram version.

x1ld3n

May 7, 2016
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I can confirm that. Happens very often. Also, there's seen to be something wrong with memory management. Apps are getting killed in background all the time, even if there's only one app open. Sometimes I open Spotify, go to homescreen and the app just dies, with nothing more open. My phone is the 4gb ram version.
Can confirm this as well. For example I open YouTube and play some video then switch to a different app and just after like 10 seconds I'm switching back to YouTube and it is killed. I've even switched the Low Memory Killer profile to Very light and it did not help.

Last edited:

Xavier Dustin

Aug 4, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Try to download through Google drive app not from internet browser.

Install weeb project ROM, start up, configure, then reboot, and install Magisk. Also install MagiskCU, not Magisk simple.
Also don't forget to update Firmware.

what is magiskCU? I can't find it, can you give me the download link of MagiskCU for weeb projekt (I'm on weeb projekt 2.1.0)

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

btw when is a upgrader coming for this? I hate manually flashing my roms XD

Vitrixzyn

Sep 21, 2016
Caracas
Hi,
I want to report some bugs related to multiuser mode (second space)

ATTENTION
I have installed Weeb and have had the same results, unfortunately, I forgot to save the logs, so I put the RR and RevengeOS ones. I hope they can be of use.
I have talked to many users about this error. And it all fails, it just doesn't work.

Update:
I talked to a Weeb Project user, and he provided me with the logs.

1. Bugs:
3 Points to make this happen:

a. Create a new user and follow steps

b. Try to add a new fingerprint in the new user that you create (Have to be different finger) you can't use another finger or user fingerprint for the second user (first bug)

c. Once it tries to read the second fingerprint from the second user it fails, and the fingerprint of the first user is automatically deleted (second bug)

d. Switch to the first user and back to the second user from the lockscreen over and over, animations with time will be slow and phone too (third bug)

P.S. #1: When you constantly switch users sometimes the phone freezes and you have to force a reboot.

P.S #2: I have been talking to Raiyan (maintainer of RevengeOS for Lavender) and he told me that it may be source errors.

2. Fresh and clean install.

3. Logcat of the issue. (Here's a full description of how to take a log:
This C_ROM has the same errors as all
From Weeb (latest):
I don't know if I can put a link to Mega.nz. But I'll leave it here.
pastebin.com did not let me upload the file due to the Kilobyte limit (512).

https://mega.nz/file/Y8liQLQa#dpGooy4TEmKmAf6-dSLO3m1yTSk3LDxSsK52RJS3aoY
From RR:
https://pastebin.com/k5E6i0tY
From Nusantara 1.1:
https://pastebin.com/xDi76sjN

4. Which Gapps you used.
None and I also tried using BitGApps | NikGApps | OpenGApps. (Core, Full, Basic and Micro)
I had same results.

Thanks,
I hope take can solve these problems.

Last edited:

x1ld3n

May 7, 2016
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hi. I have an issue and I don't know if it's related to this specific ROM or A11 in general. When I'm listening to music and the media controls appear in the Quick Switch, after some time ( like 10-15 minutes ) it disappears completely and I have to go to open the player and press the pause/play button to make it reappear. Is it only me?
Looks like it's an Android issue because I've installed EvoX 5.1 and it's the exact same behavior, after some time the media controls are just disappearing.

Camarda

May 3, 2012
Itabira
Looks like it's an Android issue because I've installed EvoX 5.1 and it's the exact same behavior, after some time the media controls are just disappearing.

I don't think it would be Android 11 itself, it's a pretty big bug to stay so many time unpatched. But those roms usually uses the same sources, maybe there's something wrong with them, don't know.

Wicksot

Mar 10, 2018
Pretty good rom, do you think you could add music control with volume buttons and flashlight control with power button ?

May 10, 2019
I have an issue, where sometimes during normal Facebook usage the app crashes a few times, then resets its data
I have logs from /sys/fs/pstore having info about those, and they are actually pretty messy too. Maybe you should take a quick look what's wrong? (28k lines). Most of them are about wlan driver probably
Also shortcuts from power menu don't work, same goes to opening (trashy btw) camera app

Tatoh

Jul 26, 2012
Chascomús
Hey guys, just flashed this rom, and did the magisk install from a few pages old, is it safe to update to 21.1? Mostly avoiding bootloops here.

To answer my own question, yes you can, actually, you should flash magiskCU then 21.1, and use beta channel for compatibility.

Last edited:

rmedan18

Jan 2, 2019
Hi, you can put another download link because I tried to download the rom even creating a copy on my drive but it won't let me. Ty

letsmakecakes

Apr 11, 2017
Dhaka
Initial Android 12 BETA Build is released and main post is updated with download link .
Source Changelog: 12/10/21
- Fixed SmartBattery ForceClose in Settings
- Fixed crashing of Google Voice mic
- Fixed alot of missing permissions
- Removed Screen on animation when using Fingerprint
- Removed Screenshot/airplane button from power menu items as they are broken
- Turned off Large Clock as its broken in Landscape mode
- Removed automatic updates and feedback stuffs from Settings
- Fixed Settings SearchBar colors
- Fixed permissions regarding ThemePicker
- Removed the quickSearchBox widget ; its very ugly
- Added double tap on home screen to turn off screen
- Added exfat support
- Added more rounded ui dimens
Download Link : Click Here

KackBarton

Sep 8, 2019
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Xiaomi Mi A3
Initial Android 12 BETA Build is released and main post is updated with download link .
- Added exfat support
Hi bro, I have try to install a rom, i followed the instructions to the letter but the rom does the initial boot and then goes into the boot loop, and i can't configure the rom.

Last edited:

AlobarN

Aug 8, 2011
Hi bro, I have try to install a rom, i followed the instructions to the letter but the rom does the initial boot and then goes into the boot loop, and i can't configure the rom.
I installed it flawlessly...

Did you "format" data (with typing 'yes")? Usually that is the problem with boot loops.. It's an encryption problem and needs to be done every time you change ROMs...

On other matters, ROM is great, still needs polishing thought. Some force closes, and I can't find how to implement the Material You stuff.. Like the wallpaper color theaming... Nova launcher force closes when you go into settings..

But it is expected with an ALPHA release....

Generally, very good work. Keep it up.

Looking forward to the updates!

Reactions: KackBarton

KackBarton

Sep 8, 2019
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Xiaomi Mi A3
I installed it flawlessly...

Did you "format" data (with typing 'yes")? Usually that is the problem with boot loops.. It's an encryption problem and needs to be done every time you change ROMs...

On other matters, ROM is great, still needs polishing thought. Some force closes, and I can't find how to implement the Material You stuff.. Like the wallpaper color theaming... Nova launcher force closes when you go into settings..

But it is expected with an ALPHA release....

Generally, very good work. Keep it up.

Looking forward to the updates!
Hi bro, thanks for interesting, and yes I made format data after wipe system,vendor,cache and when reboot to recovery my internal memory was as not formated. While recovery do you used? Orange fox or TWRP?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SnLmKt9.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

About ROM :
    WeebProjekt is a ROM that has been based on AOSP and cherry-picks from various ROM's like LineageOS , PixelExperience with some Pixel and Anime Goodies. A Huge Credit Goes to these ROMs.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL ( Calls , SMS , Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Cam Recorder
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Video Playback

Flashing Procedure :
    • You need to have unlocked bootloader and have flashed latest OrangeFox Recovery and latest Global Firmware
    • Wipe System , Cache , Dalvik
    • Format Data
    • Reboot Recovery
    • Copy Rom zip into phone and Flash it
    • Reboot

Download Link :
    Click here

XDA:DevDB Information
    Weeb Projekt, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Contributors
    letsmakecakes
    Source Code: https://github.com/lavender-evergarden/kernel_xiaomi_lavender

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 11.0.1

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2020-09-19
    Last Updated 2020-10-15
    Reserved

Some F.A.Q on WeebProjekt (WIP) :

1. Is the ROM Bugless ?
    => No rom is bugless . But we are trying our best to fix all the issues we are being reported on.

2. Volte works ?
    => According to users, its working . I don't have volte in my country. Test it yourself and Report Us.

3. Feature Request?
    => There is no option of feature request as of now . Nor we are planning to add plenty of features like other ROMs. We can just use other ROM if we had to use feature .
    The only thing i want to focus on is stable and faster update.

4. Does it pass safety net?
    => There are multiple workaround to fix it . ( Rooting is mandatory for now to achieve it . )

5. Is it possible to build for other device?
    => Currently nope. Since it has only stuffs to build only for lavender .

6. How long will it be supported?
    => Maybe as long as i have the device ?

7. Mobile Data Not working ! How to Fix?
    => Go to Settings and select your desired APN .

8. I am feeling lag ?
    => Try switching to different kernel

9. Is it good for PUBG?
    => NEITHER ME OR XIAOMI IS THE OWNER OF PUBG. SO , IF YOU HAVE LAG ON PUBG ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT FOR PLAYING PUBG ON A MID RANGE DEVICE . SPEND MORE MONEY AND BUY A FLAGSHIP FFS!!!.
    YOU CANT EXPECT FLAGSHIP LEVEL PERFORMANCE ON THIS DEVICE.

10. Is the ROM L1 Certified?
    => First of all L1 should not work on Unlocked devices. YEET we are so lucky we have it working on our device and sadly most people here talk nonsense if its not working .
    So , it will work depending on many things and may not work depending on many things . If you have flashed persist on your device it will not work.
    Global RN7 - Works ( if you didnt flash persist )
    Indian RN7 - works ( '"")
    Chinese RN7 - doesnt work at all .

Still , cant assure L1 will work for all apps .
    - Added exfat support
    There is a new update with lots of fix please look out the changelog here and download from here.
    Quick quesh, @letsmakecakes, are you planning on making a pixel exp for this phone on a11 once such a thing exists, or are you going to continue this as a custom rom, or both?

I am not the developer of Pixel Experience. I am just a maintainer there where as i am the owner of this rom. So , I will continue both.

I've got to hand it to you; yet another great ROM! Sweet Android 11 stuff like the new notifications and wireless Android Auto are good, but I'm missing stuff.

The ROM runs pretty well, I didn't notice it to be any faster than any other but it wasn't any slower.

I get that the ROM is in its infancy but some things are disappointing and I'd love to see them added. The lack of an option to change the style of the battery indicator (to a circle, at least), the location of the clock, to disable the navbar pill, etc. One extra thing I'm unsure of why it's no longer seen is having the charging animation be the battery circle spinning (was it dropped by Google or by most ROMs as a consensus?). Essentially, every or almost every option available in PixelExperience.

I don't want to sound ungrateful because I'm really not. The time and effort you dedicate to this device and the community around it is marvelous. I'm just very eager to see the ROM grow into a daily that's just as customizable as its contemporaries, if not more, on Android 11. Cheers!

This ROM was not meant to add any kind of customizations. Just pure AOSP with the most essential customizations without which its really hard . But we are gonna be keeping a little bit of customisations .
    About the features you have talked about , it will take long enough to add those since none of those are present in AOSP by default. Pixel Experience has a few because they have ported some stuffs either from Pixel ROM or LineageOS . But we have also some plans ahead. Currently we want to make it stable with the limited amount of things we have right now. We are gonna add stuffs slowly since it's just the beginning of the project.

Regards.