[EOL][ROM][13.0][OnePlus 7 Pro][Official] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

DaveImagery

Jun 7, 2014
Warp charge doesn't seem to be working after flashing. Battery currently at 70%, charging rate is 1.0Amp or just under. When I plug in the OP7 warp charger, it first says "charging slowly", then switches to "charging", no charging rapidly

theslam08

FAILED (remote (recovery_a) No such partition).

I have twr0 installed as well
Yeah you'll want to use the MSM recovery tool. Something happened at some point and messed up your partitions. Follow the guide here: https://www.droidwin.com/download-msm-download-tool-unbrick-any-oneplus-device/

And don't use TWRP. It is currently not very stable. It will cause your partitions to not decrypt, it will cause your internal memory to not be found (while in twrp) and will cause the /data partition to be lost (not allowing any ROM to flash). TWRP is not usable right now.

Flash your phone with the MSM tool and get back up and running. Then if you want to mess with custom ROMs again, stick with the boot.img included in the payload.bin file only and follow this guide to a T not missing any steps: https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/guacamole/install/

theslam08

Warp charge doesn't seem to be working after flashing. Battery currently at 70%, charging rate is 1.0Amp or just under. When I plug in the OP7 warp charger, it first says "charging slowly", then switches to "charging", no charging rapidly
I remember reading that there may be a setting in the battery section (settings > battery) that has something to do with "Smart Charging" which does just that, reduces the charge speed after 70 or 80%. Try looking around in there and see if that setting exists. Though you might want to leave it on, it's to help extend the life of the battery by not charging so fast when it's near full.

As a pro tip: according to the app AccuBattery, it says you do many wear cycles when going from 70 to 100% which degrades your battery by a lot. Stopping at 70% will extend the life of your battery by 10x (I've read this elsewhere about batteries in general).

DaveImagery

Jun 7, 2014
I remember reading that there may be a setting in the battery section (settings > battery) that has something to do with "Smart Charging" which does just that, reduces the charge speed after 70 or 80%. Try looking around in there and see if that setting exists. Though you might want to leave it on, it's to help extend the life of the battery by not charging so fast when it's near full.

As a pro tip: according to the app AccuBattery, it says you do many wear cycles when going from 70 to 100% which degrades your battery by a lot. Stopping at 70% will extend the life of your battery by 10x (I've read this elsewhere about batteries in general).

Looked in settings, all I see is "Battery Saver" and "Adaptive preferences" which I believe just controls how much power various apps may use. Great tip about AccuBattery, I now have that installed. I'm betting what's happening, is the smart charging algorithm in A12 is slowing it down at about 70%. Just for testing purposes, I drained the phone all the way down to 6% which AccuBattery recommends, so they can detect charging cycles and estimate battery life percentage. At 6% up to about 68-70% warp charge was enabled, Ampere showed it was charging at 3.2Amps, which I believe is the max that the OEM warp charger is capable of. So All is well I think, except perhaps my battery life, which I was pretty much expecting, as this OnePlus 7 Pro, is a "renewed" phone from Amazon. Thank you for the info.

Edit: Well according to Google, the warp charger for this phone has a max output of 6Amps, so not sure why I was only charging at a little over 3.

theslam08

Looked in settings, all I see is "Battery Saver" and "Adaptive preferences" which I believe just controls how much power various apps may use. Great tip about AccuBattery, I now have that installed. I'm betting what's happening, is the smart charging algorithm in A12 is slowing it down at about 70%. Just for testing purposes, I drained the phone all the way down to 6% which AccuBattery recommends, so they can detect charging cycles and estimate battery life percentage. At 6% up to about 68-70% warp charge was enabled, Ampere showed it was charging at 3.2Amps, which I believe is the max that the OEM warp charger is capable of. So All is well I think, except perhaps my battery life, which I was pretty much expecting, as this OnePlus 7 Pro, is a "renewed" phone from Amazon. Thank you for the info.

Edit: Well according to Google, the warp charger for this phone has a max output of 6Amps, so not sure why I was only charging at a little over 3.
Yeah on OOS11 I was getting around 900mA average after 80% because when I was on OOS11 it told me quite a few times that it wouldn't charge if I plugged it in and the % was over 80 and if it did start charging it was around 900mA. And when I moved to A12 (custom ROMS) I also get around 2.5-3A under 80% but once it gets over 80% it slows back to around 900mA. So, I believe all that is correct and built into Android to save our batteries (from exploding & to extend them - another good thing about Android opposed to Applegarbage creating planned obsolesce).

And yup AccuBattery is an excellent app (except it seems to be counter-productive in the "battery draining" category cuz it kinda drains the battery a bit while it's in the background unfortunately - but it's a real big help with insight into how the ROM is running, what apps are causing deep sleep to not happen and such) I like all its insightful information about the apps and the battery usage. Then use something like "Ice Box" to freeze any rouge apps causing extra battery drain.

winslow549

Jun 20, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hey Guys, just installed this rom and it's running pretty well. Great work!

I was coming straight from Oxygen OS 11 and noticed the overall sound of the phone speakers is way worse with this rom.
Is there a way to get a better fuller sound like with Oxygen OS11?

Also, it would be great if you add a double tap to sleep to the whole homescreen in the launcher. It is only working when you double tap the status bar.

Hazelnutz

Apr 8, 2018
Hey Guys, just installed this rom and it's running pretty well. Great work!

I was coming straight from Oxygen OS 11 and noticed the overall sound of the phone speakers is way worse with the rom.
Is there a way to get a better fuller sound like with Oxygen OS11?

Also, it would be great if you add a double tap to sleep to the whole homescreen in the launcher. It is only working when you double tap the status bar.
as of now, it's all optional for user to tuned their speaker

for non-root solution: you can try Wavelet (available at Play Store) since it was the best audio enhancement yet. Develop by ViperFX devs

for root solution: you can try to flash .zip file (may/may not working) but I can't tell you whatdya need to flash because ky device isn't root at all

lost boy

Jul 10, 2017
Switching to a different navigation mode (two buttons) broke the ui for me (The phone just flashes, seems like I'll have to wipe it)

Mitsible

Jul 27, 2022
Hi,
The new kernel seems to keep the frequency of the little core above 1700mhz, don't know if this is for smoothness, but it really has a bad impact on battery life.
Yes. my battery draining too fast and sometimes ui lag,bug.I don't notice any performance on this kernel

Last edited:

Hazelnutz

Apr 8, 2018
Pixel Experience 12.1 - Audio/Mic Issues

---[ July Build ]---

* My Discord started to pick up system sounds(phone vibration, phone tapping, keyboard vibration)
* My friends can hear my in-game sounds and it's annoyed for all of us
* When screen sharing with other friends(Joining their screen sharing), the volume is all maxed out but still can't hear them(just slightly)
* This also has affected my Twitter Space and Teams

---[ Log ]---
Click here

---[ Build Number ]---

SQ3A.220705.003
PixelExperience_guacamole-12.1-20220714-0352-OFFICIAL

screenshot_20220720-052540_discord-png.5664151

@parth
Pixel Experience 12.1 - Audio/Mic Issues

---[ July Build ]---

* My Discord started to pick up system sounds(phone vibration, phone tapping, keyboard vibration)
* My friends can hear my in-game sounds and it's annoyed for all of us
* When screen sharing with other friends(Joining their screen sharing), the volume is all maxed out but still can't hear them(just slightly)
* This also has affected my Twitter Space and Teams

---[ Log ]---
Click here

---[ Build Number ]---

SQ3A.220705.003
PixelExperience_guacamole-12.1-20220714-0352-OFFICIAL

screenshot_20220720-052540_discord-png.5664151
@parth7667 I hope you checked this one, I can't be on telegram so I hope u be active here as well. I dropped the logcat there 🤙🏻

Reactions: parth7667

DaveImagery

Jun 7, 2014
Did the August build get yanked?

Edit: Oops, nevermind I'm an idiot. It was guacamoleb that was just released.

Last edited:

winslow549

Jun 20, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
as of now, it's all optional for user to tuned their speaker

for non-root solution: you can try Wavelet (available at Play Store) since it was the best audio enhancement yet. Develop by ViperFX devs

for root solution: you can try to flash .zip file (may/may not working) but I can't tell you whatdya need to flash because ky device isn't root at all
Thank you for the Wavelet tip. Check these Wavelet settings for amazing speaker sound. The difference is like day and night:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePlus7Pro/comments/tlivnc

Reactions: Hazelnutz

JungleRas

Aug 15, 2022
Firstly I'd like to say that this is by far the best Android experience I've ever had. Thanks!

Only thing is the proximity sensor doesn't seem to working for me. It's especially frustrating as when your phone is in your pocket, it will try and unlock as well as when you're in a call, you'll be involuntarily pressing all the buttons with your ear.

I've tried recalibrating using Proximity Sensor Reset which didn't do a whole lot however, you can enable the proximity override service which actually enables the sensor when unlocked, however, should probably be OS controlled rather than app controlled. For anyone looking into this, I have seen this same issue mentioned elsewhere in this thread a couple of times.

Happy to try anything to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

metalcerb

Dec 26, 2010
Maia
Using this rom for the last days, and it's very good..
Just want to ask 1 thing...
Best and simple way to have app force dark mode (like the option in oxygenOS)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Announcement:

As PE project is now EOL. I am ending the support for the 7 series. Thanks to every testers and users for using the ROM. Best of luck and have fun!
    End of life like moving to android 14 ? or over over ?

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus 7 Pro [guacamole]

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download PixelExperience ROM

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Device Specified Telegram Group

Hello everyone!

New update is out!

Changelog:

* May security patch
    * Updated translations and gapps
    * Fixed battery widget not working properly
    * Fixed rotation button not showing in 2-button navbar mode
    * Improved statusbar brightness control (on plus version)
    * Introduced more granular settings for hotspot (on plus version)
    * Reverted QS background on white theme to old style (on plus version)
    * Other minor issues have been fixed
    * LiveDisplay related issues have been resolved
    * Pocket mode has been added under ambient display
    * Overall performance and stability of the build
    * Fixed android auto
    Hello everyone!

New update is out!

Changelog:

Source Changes
    • August security patch
    • Monet boot animation added
    • Open the screenshot instead of edit when touched
    • Redo circle battery style
    • Add toggle to switch between AOSP/Google battery graphs
    • Updated translations
    • Other minor issues have been fixed

Device Specific Changes
    • Upstream kernel to 4.14.290
    • Fixed calling ring issue (Using CAF Blobs)
    • OOS Camera improvements
    • Fixed crashdump issues
    • Fixed GCam Crash issues
    • Update blobs to OOS 11.0.9.1
    • Added multiple haptic intensity control under settings > accessibility > vibration & haptics
    • Fixed Google hotword detection.
    • Always on display will now be forced to 60hz.
    • Other minor issues have been fixed
    Hello Everyone,

Here’s the Pixel Experience Android 13 for you.

Please note that this is still in BETA, so there will be some minor UI/ Glitches and bugs will be there.

However this is an unofficial CI Release, but after some days I will push it as an official builds on PE Website.

Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/rajan-pe/files/

Changelogs:
    • Android 13
    • OOS FW 11.0.9.1
    • EROFS + F2FS filesystems with Project Quota
    • SELinux Enforcing
    Known issues:
    • Currently Smooth display is not working, so default refresh rate will be 60hz, You can force it in developer settings to 90hz
    • In APP FOD UI is glitched
    Notes:
    • Clean flash is required
    New build is up!
    Download
    here
    AFH (Mirror):

7 PRO - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=332990

* Clean flash needed, however if you fancy a bit you can try dirty flashing and see if it works for you.

CHANGELOG:

* Latest PE sources merged
    * Updated to 12L
    * Enabled Call recording
    * Kernel side improvements
    * Latest OOS changes synced
    * BT Improvements & Audio improvements
    * Enabled PS controller supports
    * Minor bug fixes
    * Improved system stability