• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12.0][raphael] Aosp 12.0

Search This thread

n0_alterNative__

Oct 26, 2009
Reus
Is it strictly mandatory to have magisk and modules installed in this rom in order to get Google pay working ?

I have another question. Can I encrypt my phone with this ROM and OrangeFox recovery installed ?

Thank you.

Reactions: Maksvr

myogui

Aug 31, 2010
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
EDIT: After the 2nd reboot to recovery, the recovery screen loops and I can't get into recovery. Tried with TWRP and Orange Fox.

Any ideas on how I can get this ROM up without forced encryption and recovery working?

Note: I'm on the China device with RAPHAEL-V12.0.6.0.QFKCNXM-10.0-vendor-firmware.

This didn't work Just for the record, after flash DFE (Disable Force Encrypt), I could not boot into recovery, had to format everything from Fastboot. I then did the following steps from another thread:

- Backup internal storage from ROM

Formatting from fastboot:
- fastboot format system
- fastboot format cache
- fastboot format userdata
- fastboot erase boot

- From recovery, flash DFE
- Format data
- Reboot to recovery
- Wipe data, system and cache
- Install ROM
- Flash DFE again
- Reboot, go through Android setup (don't setup passcode/pin)
- Reboot into recovery to confirm internal storage is not encrypted

Keywords: TWRP OrangeFox recovery encrypted android 12

Last edited:

ovir0ck

Jun 15, 2021
Thanks for this awesome rom. Thanks for all your effort. Just want to know in this rom Safetynet getting failed by default. Is there any way to pass that without root ?

Reactions: Maksvr

ratrat420

Oct 24, 2016
Hi guys, someone help me with Safety net passing as I am unable to use bank apps.

RAMDISK on Magisk shows no for some reason and I followed the fastboot method but it didn't work for me.

Reactions: sakura100

Maksvr

Feb 12, 2009
As for bluetooth audio I think I found some issues with the AAC codec. APTX is fine but my new Jabra Elite 85t only support AAC.

AAC enabled causes audio stutter and complete disconnect after a while. I am not rooted so I can't post kernel logs I think :(

May have something to do with this; https://www.xda-developers.com/google-aosp-aac-bluetooth-audio-codec/

Edit\ I forgot who mentioned this in this topic too but note that disabling AAC for your bluetooth device will probably fix your problems (it's not a very good codec anyway).

Last edited:

Ryo2k15

Jun 21, 2015
Chennai
Hi, I updated my Redmi k20 Pro (Indian version) to AOSP 12 (17th Nov build). The ROM was awesome. Everything works like charm.

I am facing a few issues.

1. Safety net not passing. I tried with Magisk hide, Universal magiskhide module, Safetynetfix.zip (V.1.2, V.2.0, V.2.1 I tried all), Riru module. Lposed module and Props method using the android terminal as well. But still, the SafetyNet is not passing. Please help me to solve this issue. I really love this ROM. Kudos to the developer @abhishek987. Please tell me the solution to solve this. I am using Gapps version.
2. The best part is Gpay, PhonePe is working fine even though the SafetyNet is failed. I just hide it in magisk. It works like charm.
3. Because of SafetyNet my Google Play store is not certified I guess and I can't install the Netflix app as well. It's saying "Not compatible for this device"
4. Another minor bug is whenever I restart the device, the brightness issue is happening. If I increased the brightness to 100% the screen is barely visible (Like 10% brightness). And sometimes my brightness level is 10% and the screen is very bright (like it was at 100%). And sometimes if I lock the phone I can't unlock it. It's not responding and I need to reboot. I am not sure only I am facing this issue or not.

Rest all working fine in my device. Please, anyone, suggest any solution to solve the SafetyNet issue.

Note - I used TWRP (Clean flash), Magisk V.23.

Attachments

• Magisk hide apps.jpeg
    Magisk hide apps.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Magisk Hide.jpeg
    Magisk Hide.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Magisk Safetynet.jpeg
    Magisk Safetynet.jpeg
    17.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Modules.jpeg
    Modules.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Safetynet app.jpeg
    Safetynet app.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 81

z1022

Feb 2, 2012
Hi, I updated my Redmi k20 Pro (Indian version) to AOSP 12 (17th Nov build). The ROM was awesome. Everything works like charm.

1. Safety net not passing. I tried with Magisk hide, Universal magiskhide module, Safetynetfix.zip (V.1.2, V.2.0, V.2.1 I tried all), Riru module. Lposed module and Props method using the android terminal as well. But still, the SafetyNet is not passing. Please help me to solve this issue. I really love this ROM. Kudos to the developer @abhishek987. Please tell me the solution to solve this. I am using Gapps version.
2. The best part is Gpay, PhonePe is working fine even though the SafetyNet is failed. I just hide it in magisk. It works like charm.
3. Because of SafetyNet my Google Play store is not certified I guess and I can't install the Netflix app as well. It's saying "Not compatible for this device"
4. Another minor bug is whenever I restart the device, the brightness issue is happening. If I increased the brightness to 100% the screen is barely visible (Like 10% brightness). And sometimes my brightness level is 10% and the screen is very bright (like it was at 100%). And sometimes if I lock the phone I can't unlock it. It's not responding and I need to reboot. I am not sure only I am facing this issue or not.

Rest all working fine in my device. Please, anyone, suggest any solution to solve the SafetyNet issue.

AOSP 12 (17th Nov build) or AOSP 12 (17th Oct build) ? I only found AOSP 12 (17th Oct build)

rammurtimeena

Dec 30, 2015
Panjim

Dear you have probably flash last built and looks like Developer NOT pushing any further updates ...so whatever bugs are there will remain as it is...or you can move to other A12 ROMs.

Ryo2k15

Jun 21, 2015
Chennai
Dear you have probably flash last built and looks like Developer NOT pushing any further updates ...so whatever bugs are there will remain as it is...or you can move to other A12 ROMs.
I am not sure I flashed 17th Oct build. Also from yesterday facing Pop up camera Issue. Front camera is poping up multiple times without even opening camera app or an other camera related applications. And once the screen is locked I cannot unlock the screen. It remains black. So I need to reboot it again :(. I will try flashing it again no other way I guess.

sakura100

Nov 10, 2012
I am not sure I flashed 17th Oct build. Also from yesterday facing Pop up camera Issue. Front camera is poping up multiple times without even opening camera app or an other camera related applications. And once the screen is locked I cannot unlock the screen. It remains black. So I need to reboot it again :(. I will try flashing it again no other way I guess.
Take this and you will pass saftynet without root: https://download.pixelexperience.org/

• Angry
Reactions: myogui
Jan 12, 2020
This ROM is working extremely stable on my end already for months. Great work.

Question: does anyone have experience with using USB microphones?

I'm thinking of buying a RØDE NT-USB Mini, about which RØDE writes on their website:

The NT-USB Mini utilises a class-compliant USB-C connector, which means it will work with any PC or Mac that supports class-compliant audio. Some Android devices also support this standard.

Would it be possible to use it during calls while using a bluetooth headset for audio?

Jan 12, 2020
There appears to be no way to use an USB microphone in android across the entire OS: specific apps need to support it. I have used my USB microphone with the specific apps that support it on this ROM.

Top Liked Posts