• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12.0][taimen] PixelExperience [AOSP][BETA]

Search This thread

pables123

please help
how to fix this? i cant flash magisk coz its unreadable

PXL_20211126_125742386.jpg

Reactions: shpegun

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
Samsung Galaxy S20
Weirdly, this is the first ROM where my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 will not copy my google account from Phone to Watch...which is kind of essential. It also makes the Samsung account screen loop. Factory reset watch twice and wiped data for Samsung Gear apps. Suspect ROM is giving up root somehow - i use the exact same root method and modules on every ROM.

Going back to Arrow for now...

Lif3mau5

Oct 4, 2014
Stuttgart
Google Pixel 2 XL
Try using magisk canary version. Works like a charm.
And which zip I should flash or we need the apk for patching boot image, how you do this? Thank's!

Update: I find the simple solution for myself: We only need the Recovery Image from PE https://download.pixelexperience.or...xperience_taimen-12.0-20211124-1443-BETA.img/

After it patch it with the latest Magisk Canary apk from XDA site

An then install it via "fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-xxx.img"

Do the Settings "Hide Magisk" and "Enable Zygisk" - finished!

Last edited:
Reactions: shpegun

eng_kareem

Dec 17, 2012
Hi
Great thanks for your work
I have a problem making my device booting to recovery continuously, this problem in 23/11 and 24/11 builds of Pixel Experience Rom for Android 12
But Pixel Experience Rom for Android 11 working fine with no issues
What is the solution Please?

gh0st

May 1, 2005
LG V20
Google Pixel 2 XL
I have the same thing, but I've managed to install magisk using the official method (patch recovery image using magisk app), you can flash the image with console command: fastboot flash recovery *path to patched recovery image*
You need to flash this onto the boot partition. Its kinda confusing, because of the naming.
fastboot flash boot *path to patched recovery image*

Reactions: mrroks

mhaqs

Jan 29, 2014
Thank you for creating this ROM and all the effort you put into it. I'm using daily now. I dont want to apply Magisk or Root to it, but I'm finding it hard to get Android Auto into the /system/priv-app directory.

I tried using TWRP after flashing this ROM and it made the system loop into Recovery every time.

pables123

Thank you for creating this ROM and all the effort you put into it. I'm using daily now. I dont want to apply Magisk or Root to it, but I'm finding it hard to get Android Auto into the /system/priv-app directory.

I tried using TWRP after flashing this ROM and it made the system loop into Recovery every time.

same here. did you flash twrp to ramdisk recovery?

vivebatu

Dec 19, 2009
Moto Z2 Force
Google Pixel 2 XL

-sPhoeniX-

Sep 13, 2013
Rivne
@PixelBoot it works like a charm, thanks a lot!
But can't find a "+" button to add native VPN profiles, is it a bug or it should be as it is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211127-220028.png
    Screenshot_20211127-220028.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

mominraza

Nov 26, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Honor View 10
I'm using it for past 24 hours as my daily driver
Very stable rom battery life is good
  • GPay, UPI and bank apps working
  • Camera working
  • Google photos unlimited "storage saver" working
  • LTE calling working
  • Data, wife, hotspot, blutooth working
  • Now Playing is working
Or should I say everything is working except
  • Showing location icon every few minutes
  • Search your phone, only showing apps not showing settings, shortcut, contact, conversation. (Fixed see the reply)
  • Battery saver quick settings toggle is disabled but battery saver working fine (fixed automatically)
  • Live caption quick settings toggle is disabled but live caption working fine (fixed automatically)

Last edited:

MridulDR

Jun 17, 2020
Google Pixel 2 XL
I'm using it for past 24 hours
Very stable rom battery life is good
  • GPay, UPI and bank apps working
  • Camera working
  • Google photos unlimited storage saver working
  • LTE calling working
  • Data, wife, hotspot, blutooth working
Or should I say everything is working except
  • Search your phone, only showing apps not showing settings, shortcut, contact, conversation.
  • Showing location icon every few minutes
  • Battery saver quick settings toggle is disabled but battery saver working fine
For "Search Your Phone", New Google Assistant, Assistant voice typing you need to install latest "Android Intelligence System"(pixel 6 version) apk and latest Google app(for android 10+) apk from apkmirror.
After installing above two apk's force stop them and clear the cache respectively.
That's it, Enjoy!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-163140.png
    Screenshot_20211128-163140.png
    237.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20211128-163151.png
    Screenshot_20211128-163151.png
    216.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20211128-163127~2.png
    Screenshot_20211128-163127~2.png
    217.8 KB · Views: 96

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use the APK extractor app to get the APK from another device then email or move that APK to your phone and install.
    Thank you that worked!
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 2XL [taimen]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    24/11/2021
    Changelog
    :
    • Adjusted pre-loaded system apps to prevent system crashes
    • Fixed Google Camera issues
    • Fixed Media playback issues
    Hello,

Pixel 2 XL running Android 12 PE beta build (Nov 24th) on November security patch.

Issued I've faced:
    1. I don't think the Google photos unlimited storage is functioning as the device is recognized as a Pixel 5? I can't find a message in google photos confirming that it's on like on Proton AOSP. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Media playback seems to stutter or stop when the display turns off/goes into always-on display, issue is fixed if I turn off "Now playing" (I use youtube music but I've seen other comments saying it happens on spotify aswell)

3. Now playing does not show information of song playing nearby on lock screen but still shows said song on the actual app

4. Location green indication on the top right randomly keeps coming on

5. At a glance weather and other information doesn't work unless you sideload "Android system intelligence S.10" for pixel 6 off APK Mirror

6. Hardware notification light cannot be disabled, comes on when charging/phone is almost dead

7. FPS counter in developer options does not seem to be functioning

No further issues I've found yet, will update if I do.
    This is awesome!

I dirty flashed over the [20211111-1914] 'Alpha' build, to this [20211123-1553] 'Beta' build, no problem.

- Doesn't require repartition process.

A few concerns:
    - Camera app doesn't work after updating it from Google Play Store, so don't update it
    - Live Caption feature doesn't work, let me know if there is a workaround

Rest seems to work all good, no major issues so far, let me know if I was suppose to install this clean.

Thanks, cheers & regards! :D
    I'll eventually fetch the apk and build it, so it won't auto update.
    As for live caption, leave it to me, i'll fix it soon!