• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12.0][taimen] PixelExperience [AOSP][BETA]

Search This thread

Diamod

May 11, 2017
Santo Domingo
So I have been using this ROM for a couple of days and I have to say is amazing to be able to use A12 on a pixel 2xl, so far the only problems I have are:

1- When playing any music or video if you go from the always-on display to the locked screen sound cuts off for a second or two (weirdly enough if you just unlock the phone right away sound keeps playing normally)

2 - The pill showing that Location is been used shows up randomly

3 - Twitter sometimes crashes, but thas probably Twitter's fault

4 - Android Auto doesn't work, that is the most annoying thing of all since I used it every day, it shows Error 22 and something about how Android auto wasn't pre-loaded on my phone.

Even with all that, this is a beta, and calls, wifi, and data work normally and the battery is about the same used to have on A11. I can daily drive this happily

Reactions: RandomPRSN

SSVanderbilt

Sep 5, 2014
So I have been using this ROM for a couple of days and I have to say is amazing to be able to use A12 on a pixel 2xl, so far the only problems I have are:

1- When playing any music or video if you go from the always-on display to the locked screen sound cuts off for a second or two (weirdly enough if you just unlock the phone right away sound keeps playing normally)

4 - Android Auto doesn't work, that is the most annoying thing of all since I used it every day, it shows Error 22 and something about how Android auto wasn't pre-loaded on my phone.

Even with all that, this is a beta, and calls, wifi, and data work normally and the battery is about the same used to have on A11. I can daily drive this happily
Try flashing the standalone Android Auto zip from 'NikGApps'

Dottorfox

Aug 25, 2015
Rome
Google Pixel 2 XL
After the flash the white theme does not apply to the notification curtain

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211130-132306.png
    Screenshot_20211130-132306.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

lysaer

Apr 2, 2012
Thank you for all the hard work on this ROM

The only issue I seem to be having is I cannot get Magisk to stay after a reboot.

I patched the latest pixelexperience recovery with magisk canary build, then used fastboot to flash, the phone reboots and magisk is installed and working fine.

But then if I reboot my phone or it runs out of batteries, the next time I start it up Magisk and root is uninstalled, I have to fastboot flash the boot image again and it comes back.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

mominraza

Nov 26, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Honor View 10
Please add Google Photos app in future update and set as the system gallery app.
Becouse I'm unable to set Photos as system gallery app with adb.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211201-001812.png
    Screenshot_20211201-001812.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 67
  • 1638298645423.png
    1638298645423.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Dottorfox

Turn Now Playing off to fix issue #1.

stslimited84

Dec 13, 2014
This is the best my pixel 2 xl has ever ran and its super smooth. Battery life is amazing. Big thanks to the developer!

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
For starters, before you blame the ROM, have you looked to see how much free space you have on your phone?

xstarbuck1982x

Nov 15, 2014
Just wanted to say thanks.
Been running this as my daily driver and had no problems.
Running nice and smooth. All the apps I use run with no crashing. The hack to enable separate WiFi and data toggles works (thank god) making this a perfect rim for my everyday usage

SSVanderbilt

Sep 5, 2014

Top Liked Posts

Use the APK extractor app to get the APK from another device then email or move that APK to your phone and install.
    Thank you that worked!
    Hello,

Pixel 2 XL running Android 12 PE beta build (Nov 24th) on November security patch.

Issued I've faced:
    1. I don't think the Google photos unlimited storage is functioning as the device is recognized as a Pixel 5? I can't find a message in google photos confirming that it's on like on Proton AOSP. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Media playback seems to stutter or stop when the display turns off/goes into always-on display, issue is fixed if I turn off "Now playing" (I use youtube music but I've seen other comments saying it happens on spotify aswell)

3. Now playing does not show information of song playing nearby on lock screen but still shows said song on the actual app

4. Location green indication on the top right randomly keeps coming on

5. At a glance weather and other information doesn't work unless you sideload "Android system intelligence S.10" for pixel 6 off APK Mirror

6. Hardware notification light cannot be disabled, comes on when charging/phone is almost dead

7. FPS counter in developer options does not seem to be functioning

No further issues I've found yet, will update if I do.
    Hello,

Pixel 2 XL running Android 12 PE beta build (Nov 24th) on November security patch.

Issued I've faced:
    1. I don't think the Google photos unlimited storage is functioning as the device is recognized as a Pixel 5? I can't find a message in google photos confirming that it's on like on Proton AOSP. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Media playback seems to stutter or stop when the display turns off/goes into always-on display, issue is fixed if I turn off "Now playing" (I use youtube music but I've seen other comments saying it happens on spotify aswell)

3. Now playing does not show information of song playing nearby on lock screen but still shows said song on the actual app

5. At a glance weather and other information doesn't work unless you sideload "Android system intelligence S.10" for pixel 6 off APK Mirror

6. Hardware notification light cannot be disabled, comes on when charging/phone is almost dead

I just following your instruction, now working glance!!! Thank a lot!! Almost perfect now!!!
    Use the APK extractor app to get the APK from another device then email or move that APK to your phone and install.
    Thank you that worked!
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 2XL [taimen]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    24/11/2021
    Changelog
    :
    • Adjusted pre-loaded system apps to prevent system crashes
    • Fixed Google Camera issues
    • Fixed Media playback issues
    Hello,

Issued I've faced:

This is awesome!

I dirty flashed over the [20211111-1914] 'Alpha' build, to this [20211123-1553] 'Beta' build, no problem.

- Doesn't require repartition process.

A few concerns:
    - Camera app doesn't work after updating it from Google Play Store, so don't update it
    - Live Caption feature doesn't work, let me know if there is a workaround

Rest seems to work all good, no major issues so far, let me know if I was suppose to install this clean.

Thanks, cheers & regards! :D
    I'll eventually fetch the apk and build it, so it won't auto update.
    As for live caption, leave it to me, i'll fix it soon!