[ROM][12.1][taimen] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

mhaqs

Jan 29, 2014
Try formatting data after flashing, I guess it depends on order of operations. If the ROM is installed already, try flashing that zip then formatting. It's going to work one way or another lol
I think you're right, it should remove the decryption if I format user data. Bricked the phone without that.

Hart79

Sep 4, 2012
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hi,
I tried to flash on my Pixel 2 XL with PE recovery.
Starting from stock rom, I couldn't format data via recovery, so I did it with fastboot -w.
But when I go to flash the rom, it keeps stuck in "installing update..."

Also I got the following errors:
failed to mount '/system_root' (invalid argument)
failed to mount '/vendor' (invalid argument)

I reflashed again stock android 11 (public), I tried again but same story, I googled for an answer, but I can't find a solution.
I'm using latest adb fastboot tools (19/7/21).
I've been years flashing custom roms since gingerbread in many devices, but I never did it anymore once I got Pixel 2 XL.I'd like so much to have this rom, but I can't sort it out.
Thank you.

danielmm88

Sep 30, 2011
OTG seems to be broken. I've tried several devices (mouse, keyboard, etc) and it doesn't work. It just tries charging whichever device is connected. Those devices work fine on other pixel phones with A12.

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007
Question, I tried to install this as instructed. First PE recovery, then adb sideload zip. After booting I got corrupt filesystem. Tried once more = same thing. Reverted to stock and tried ProtonAOSP which works fine. What did I miss?

lysaer

Apr 2, 2012
Thank you for all the hard work on this ROM

The only issue I seem to be having is I cannot get Magisk to stay after a reboot.

I patched the latest pixelexperience recovery with magisk canary build, then used fastboot to flash, the phone reboots and magisk is installed and working fine.

But then if I reboot my phone or it runs out of batteries, the next time I start it up Magisk and root is uninstalled, I have to fastboot flash the boot image again and it comes back.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance
Was anyone able to resolve this or had any insight please?

iisreflect

Oct 11, 2015
Hello,

Pixel 2 XL running Android 12 PE beta build (Nov 24th) on November security patch.

Issued I've faced:
1. I don't think the Google photos unlimited storage is functioning as the device is recognized as a Pixel 5? I can't find a message in google photos confirming that it's on like on Proton AOSP. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Media playback seems to stutter or stop when the display turns off/goes into always-on display, issue is fixed if I turn off "Now playing" (I use youtube music but I've seen other comments saying it happens on spotify aswell)

3. Now playing does not show information of song playing nearby on lock screen but still shows said song on the actual app

4. Location green indication on the top right randomly keeps coming on

5. At a glance weather and other information doesn't work unless you sideload "Android system intelligence S.10" for pixel 6 off APK Mirror

6. Hardware notification light cannot be disabled, comes on when charging/phone is almost dead

7. FPS counter in developer options does not seem to be functioning

No further issues I've found yet, will update if I do.

Top Liked Posts