• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12.0][UNOFFICIAL] ArrowOS 12.0 for LG G8 (alphaplus / alphalm)

Search This thread

Pukkaras

Apr 7, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
The installation did not go quite according to the manual. In the end, now problems, help me to solve them please. how it was:
after flashing twrp, going there, i made a factory data.
started the installation of the firmware through twrp. The first step was successful, the second step got an error.
I rebooted the phone, went into recovery again and it boot not in twrp, but in arrowOS recovery.
I tried to run the installation through the arrowOS recovery. The installation was stopped and although no notification came out abot finishing. Since it was not clear whether the installation was completed or not, I thought that it wasn’t and tried to restart the phone. After the reboot, I got into the installed ArrowOS system, which I was extremely happy about!
I installed all my programs and then noticed that the root access was off. I decided to try to re-flash the boot_b kernel patched by the magisk ( b slot active for me) through the qfl. It did not help. I tried reinstalling the magisk to a different version and after rebooting I got into the bootloader. And now I can't get out of the bootloader. I can only get into fastboot and qfl. I have tried running download mode but it doesn’t enter to it. I turn off the phone, hold the volume up button, connect the cable, the download mode icon is displayed for 2 seconds and then I again find myself in the bootloader. Now I have a brick and I do not find a solution .. I tried to flash the stock abl_a abl_b boot_a boot_b, which I backup when unlocking the bootloader. It didn't help either. What to do, I really ask for help !!!

quantan

Jan 26, 2011
The installation did not go quite according to the manual. In the end, now problems, help me to solve them please. how it was:
after flashing twrp, going there, i made a factory data.
started the installation of the firmware through twrp. The first step was successful, the second step got an error.
I rebooted the phone, went into recovery again and it boot not in twrp, but in arrowOS recovery.
I tried to run the installation through the arrowOS recovery. The installation was stopped and although no notification came out abot finishing. Since it was not clear whether the installation was completed or not, I thought that it wasn’t and tried to restart the phone. After the reboot, I got into the installed ArrowOS system, which I was extremely happy about!
I installed all my programs and then noticed that the root access was off. I decided to try to re-flash the boot_b kernel patched by the magisk ( b slot active for me) through the qfl. It did not help. I tried reinstalling the magisk to a different version and after rebooting I got into the bootloader. And now I can't get out of the bootloader. I can only get into fastboot and qfl. I have tried running download mode but it doesn’t enter to it. I turn off the phone, hold the volume up button, connect the cable, the download mode icon is displayed for 2 seconds and then I again find myself in the bootloader. Now I have a brick and I do not find a solution .. I tried to flash the stock abl_a abl_b boot_a boot_b, which I backup when unlocking the bootloader. It didn't help either. What to do, I really ask for help !!!
You made some wrong steps.
First, if you can enter ArrowOS, it means the rom is already installed. You don't need to reinstall it via Arrow recovery. Remember the rom is always flashed to the inactive slot.
Second, if you want to have Magisk, just go to Arrow recovery and apply update, select Magisk zip file.

You said about boot_b kernel patched. Where does it come from? If you patched stock boot.img, it won't work with custom rom.

Get back to your current situation. My assumption is your TWRP is at slot A. After you installed the rom in TWRP, the ArrowOS was installed in slot B. You rebooted to Arrow Recovery (slot B) and flashed ArrowOS again, it was installed to slot A. And now you have ArrowOS in both slots. If you didn't switch slot from Arrow recovery, you are still in slot B.
To resolve this issue, I think you will need to flash Arrow boot.img to your active slot (Slot B I guess)
Try this one: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664837147

pyhabyss

Jul 30, 2021
Hey! A Feedback on an NFC problem about traffic card.

It can read it also, but while the card information is not finished getting, it reread and keep repaeting this action (i can't recharge or do anything to the card). It seems it can not recognize whether it has read a card or not.

Sorry last time I have only tested the Access card and then thought there was no more problem.

PS: Bluetooth headset connected plays no sounds. The FM Radio in phone showed no headset detected when the Bluetooth headset was connected

Last edited:

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
I am also having same issue with bluetooth. No bluetooth audio with latest gapps variant posted on 11/22 but connects okay. Previous version 11/14 bluetooth audio was there but that stutters...stops and play. Will be great if this bluetooth issue will be fixed. Thank you for the effort.

quantan

Jan 26, 2011
Thank you for reporting the errors. I'm fixing avc denials so can make the rom enforcing. Currently, it prevents using bank apps.
I'll look at the bluetooth audio first since I have bluetooth earbuds now. One question, I thought we can use FM radio with wired headphones? Please correct me.
It's hard to fix NFC since I don't use it. It's better if you guys can provide me logs.

Reactions: indrajyoti_indra

pyhabyss

Jul 30, 2021
Thank you for reporting the errors. I'm fixing avc denials so can make the rom enforcing. Currently, it prevents using bank apps.
I'll look at the bluetooth audio first since I have bluetooth earbuds now. One question, I thought we can use FM radio with wired headphones? Please correct me.
It's hard to fix NFC since I don't use it. It's better if you guys can provide me logs.
Yes, it's good with wired headphone. Here are the logs from Arrow12 and official kdz 30B (A11). https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhpakJv8fuH0gbNUBYrqHWHyKSsyOQ?e=jgxb5P

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
Just an update. I downgraded to try 1120211103-GAPPS version. In this version Bluetooth works flawlessly. I think something might have broken in the updated versions to enable the NFC (may be). Thank you for your support.

quantan

Jan 26, 2011
Just an update. I downgraded to try 1120211103-GAPPS version. In this version Bluetooth works flawlessly. I think something might have broken in the updated versions to enable the NFC (may be). Thank you for your support.

Yeah I accidentally broke the bluetooth audio after making NFC changes. New build is uploaded. Please test bluetooth audio and NFC again.
Change logs:
- Fix bluetooth and NFC
- Make build enforcing. Now you can pass Safetynet without installing Magisk
- ArrowOS changes

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
Yeah I accidentally broke the bluetooth audio after making NFC changes. New build is uploaded. Please test bluetooth audio and NFC again.
Change logs:
- Fix bluetooth and NFC
- ArrowOS changes
Thank you. I am downloading now. Will update after testing. Thank you again for your effort to fix.

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
Change logs:
- Fix bluetooth and NFC
- ArrowOS changes
Yeah, bluetooth is working good in this new version and so as the banking apps. I have not tested the NFC though. Kudos to you. Keep up the great work.

pyhabyss

Jul 30, 2021
NFC is still the same as the previous version, repeatly loading every two seconds. Logs below:

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    821.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

hypafly

Aug 18, 2013
I tried installing this ROM, after installing successfully, I changed slot from a to b, when i click reboot to recovery it gets stuck at fastboot mode. I can't enter recovery and phone doesnt turn on until the slot-retry-count reaches 0 before it now boots back to slot a. I tried different versions of Arrow OS for my device (alphalm) still the same error. I dont know what I'm doing wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

EDIT: FIXED. Thanks to the ROM developer.

I had to install an operating system in the slot_b as it was empty. I backed up slot a and restored on slot b

Last edited:

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
An update after a full day of use.

In this version probably other than NFC, everything else is working.

On the negative note, for some reason the system is laggy than the other version. Also, phone idle battery drain is really high.

I think there is no option to change the resolution of the display, too.

Last edited:

Pukkaras

Apr 7, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
Thank you very much! This file helped me!
I flashed it into boot_b and the system was able to boot!
Before that, I was only able to achieve the display of the active slot on the bootloader screen by flashing abl_a and abl_b with engineering abl. Since the touchscreen does not work with the engineered abl, after I flashed the boot_arrow.img, I also needed to flash back the native abl_a and abl_b, which I backed up when unlocking the bootloader. For information, when I was in the bootloader, before flashing the boot_arrow into the boot_b, I changed the active slot through the fastboot from A to B. (In general, probably all the problems began after I chose to reboot to another slot(from A to B in the arrow recovery when trying to reinstal magisk.)

Now I have a problem - I can’t enter the recovery, neither the twrp nor the arrow. Because of this, I can't install the magisk and get the root. I try to enter the recovery as I did on the stock firmware (before installing the arow) - I hold the volume- and the power button until the LG logo appears, then release the power button for a second, then press it again. A window appears prompting me to make a factory reset, I press "yes" 2 times, and the third time the window freezes (selection with the volume buttons does not work) and the phone reboots into the system after 15 seconds.
I will also want to add: that before the problems with bootloop began, when I tried to make a root, I tried to install the magisk as a zip through the arrow recovery, but in the arrow recovery the selection of installing the app(with zip) was inactive, it could only be installed through a sideload(it was active). But the sideload did not work, because the phone was recognized by the computer as LG device and offered the exchange of files as a mtp. Because of this, I decided to try changing the slot through the recovery arrow, thinking that if I do this, the installation point for applications from the zip will become active. But I was wrong.

Please help, how to make a root with your firmware and how to enter the recovery! Big thanks twice)

upd!!! just tried to instal, for example, a YouTube vanced through a vanced manager. The manager asked for root rights, a window appeared with the ability to grant root rights, I provided them and vanced was installed successfully and now working with premium feuters ... But for the magisk manager, I do not have root access control options...

Last edited:

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
UPDATE: I removed the lag by reinstalling the ROM. Updating the ROM somehow make it laggy. It is always better to fresh install. I could not find a way to reduce the phone idle battery loss as of yet.

I have a question to developer, Is there a way to add the pixel live wall paper through SAI or ADB. I tried all the possible ways posted here in XDA but nothing works for this particular ROM, unfortunately. Thank you.

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
Anybody noticed fast battery discharge while inactive. It is about 24% of battery loss in 7 hours of screen off time. Accubattery is showing Quickstep launcher and Settings are using the most of the battery during screen off.

fandanguitop

Dec 1, 2021
I just followed all steps, but in the opposite slot step it gave me an "error" (i ignored it), then i reboot to recovery and it booted to twrp, i tried to boot in recovery using button combinations but it booted to system, and now i have the stock firmware, any help?

Thank you

Pukkaras

Apr 7, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
I apologize for the importunity and stupid questions. I myself found in this thread a message on how to enter the recovery after the flashing this firmware. (It needs to hold down the volume + button when turning on. (I think it's worth adding this information to the topic header)) also figured out how to activate the sideload and so that the computer sees the phone as an adb device (I dropped the driver and manually selected the one I needed when reconnecting, not forgetting to activate the adb in the recovery in the advanced tab) then I tried to install the magisk.zip version 23. it installed without errors, but when loading into the system, the magisk manager still does not work correctly for me, there is no package management.

I also have a problem with the firmware - the DAC button is not active (it is gray in the status bar) and the DAC menu in the system settings is inactive .

Another problem - when talking on the speakerphone, my companion hears his echo (I don’t know the problem is related to the firmware, Google dialer app or with hardware (I bought a restored phone).

And the third problem is that the phone turns off not at zero percent of the charge, but at 15% probably this is also may be not a problem with the firmware, but with the Chinese battery.

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
I just followed all steps, but in the opposite slot step it gave me an "error" (i ignored it), then i reboot to recovery and it booted to twrp, i tried to boot in recovery using button combinations but it booted to system, and now i have the stock firmware, any help?

Thank you

Thank you
You might have lost the Recovery. Please repeat the entire process starting from installing TWARP. Also, do a clean install next time by wiping data. After installing TWARP, please make a back up.

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
I apologize for the importunity and stupid questions. I myself found in this thread a message on how to enter the recovery after the flashing this firmware. (It needs to hold down the volume + button when turning on. (I think it's worth adding this information to the topic header)) also figured out how to activate the sideload and so that the computer sees the phone as an adb device (I dropped the driver and manually selected the one I needed when reconnecting, not forgetting to activate the adb in the recovery in the advanced tab) then I tried to install the magisk.zip version 23. it installed without errors, but when loading into the system, the magisk manager still does not work correctly for me, there is no package management.

I also have a problem with the firmware - the DAC button is not active (it is gray in the status bar) and the DAC menu in the system settings is inactive .

Another problem - when talking on the speakerphone, my companion hears his echo (I don’t know the problem is related to the firmware, Google dialer app or with hardware (I bought a restored phone).

And the third problem is that the phone turns off not at zero percent of the charge, but at 15% probably this is also may be not a problem with the firmware, but with the Chinese battery.
I also have a lot of issues initially with this ROM but most of them are solved by doing a clean flash. Only issue that I have is the fast battery discharge, may be because of the Kernel.

Reactions: Pukkaras

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Two new builds are uploaded. Don't expect battery draing is fixed. I'm still need to investigate it.
    Happy new year all! New builds are uploaded into Megadrive: https://mega.nz/folder/iQFXCSAa#N_SqYZA1TptEJVyPVg5iXw

Michael Smirnov helps me to test alphaplus build and he says its battery is better now.
    I found the developer in the telegram channel https://t.me/v50thinq and asked him to update the latest firmware version. Here is the link, lets download, install and test))) https://mega.nz/folder/XEEVDCIR#QtlnMaX2mq9juB8GGyoUHw

Bluetooth music now works for me, DAC works too. The battery drain i began to be tested.
    The speaker with phoinecall is not working properly. The interlocutor hears himself during a telephone conversation. Ie noise reduction does not work. Check out how you are with that.

Otherwise, everything is perfect!
    Hi all - first, about the download link, it is AndroidFileHost issue and I have no way to make it work. I just create MegaDrive account for new upcoming builds. The alphaplus test build is already uploaded into it.
    Second, perhaps my kernel is causing the issues. This weekend I will try to use kernel source from Markus (v50 dev) to see if these issues still happen or not.

If you guys still want to use my ROM, please be patient. I still have my own life and this rom was created for my personal use initially. Because there are no devs for G8, I decided to share it here and didn't expect any donation. I'm really new to Android rom development and ArrowOS is my very first rom which I have ever built.
    UPDATE on my experiment: everything was fine and dandy until I inserted my SIM card and then input the PIN. After inputting the PIN the phone froze and restarted. So basically the SIM is unusable. I don't have enough knowledge on this, maybe it's fixable (somehow) but it looks like ALPHAPLUS firmware on ALPHALM, is a big no-no. If the LG G8 is your primary phone then don't do what I did :D:D

Another update: after flashing the ROM from the link provided by @Pukkaras above, the SIM card now works and I can use mobile data! Currently I am charging the phone and I'll see if there is any bad battery drain overnight. I'll try to keep you guys updated with another post tomorrow.

To summarize, I converted my alphalm Sprint LG G8 to alphaplus (Korean) and then flashed the ArrowOS 12.0 ROM (alphaplus version).
    To crossflash firmware I used the amazing tutorial by @netmsm (huge thanks, mate) : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tutorial-crossflash-bypass-opid-mismatched-error.4345963/
    logo.png

ArrowOS

Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOAD (ONLY GAPPS VARIANT)

Guide for flash ROM:
    1. Boot TWRP
    2. Make backups
    3. Tap Install -> Select Rom zip
    4. Go to reboot menu -> Select opposite inactive Slot
    5. Reboot recovery
    6. Now in Arrow Recovery
    7. Factory reset
    8. Apply Update -> Flash Magisk if any
    9. Reboot system now

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source
    - https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- https://github.com/anht3889/android_kernel_lge_sm8150
    Happy new year all! New builds are uploaded into Megadrive: https://mega.nz/folder/iQFXCSAa#N_SqYZA1TptEJVyPVg5iXw

Michael Smirnov helps me to test alphaplus build and he says its battery is better now.
    Two new builds are uploaded. Don't expect battery draing is fixed. I'm still need to investigate it.
    UPDATE on my experiment: everything was fine and dandy until I inserted my SIM card and then input the PIN. After inputting the PIN the phone froze and restarted. So basically the SIM is unusable. I don't have enough knowledge on this, maybe it's fixable (somehow) but it looks like ALPHAPLUS firmware on ALPHALM, is a big no-no. If the LG G8 is your primary phone then don't do what I did :D:D

Another update: after flashing the ROM from the link provided by @Pukkaras above, the SIM card now works and I can use mobile data! Currently I am charging the phone and I'll see if there is any bad battery drain overnight. I'll try to keep you guys updated with another post tomorrow.

To summarize, I converted my alphalm Sprint LG G8 to alphaplus (Korean) and then flashed the ArrowOS 12.0 ROM (alphaplus version).
    To crossflash firmware I used the amazing tutorial by @netmsm (huge thanks, mate) : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tutorial-crossflash-bypass-opid-mismatched-error.4345963/
    Hi all - first, about the download link, it is AndroidFileHost issue and I have no way to make it work. I just create MegaDrive account for new upcoming builds. The alphaplus test build is already uploaded into it.
    Second, perhaps my kernel is causing the issues. This weekend I will try to use kernel source from Markus (v50 dev) to see if these issues still happen or not.

If you guys still want to use my ROM, please be patient. I still have my own life and this rom was created for my personal use initially. Because there are no devs for G8, I decided to share it here and didn't expect any donation. I'm really new to Android rom development and ArrowOS is my very first rom which I have ever built.