[ROM][12L][UNOFFICIAL] ArrowOS 12.1 for LG G8 (alphaplus / alphalm)

Search This thread

fandanguitop

Dec 1, 2021
You might have lost the Recovery. Please repeat the entire process starting from installing TWARP. Also, do a clean install next time by wiping data. After installing TWARP, please make a back up.
Reinstalled the twrp, but now can't get to recovery using button combination i tried all combinations and if i adb reboot recovery then i don't have touch neither a otg to connect a mouse.

Installed dragonfly kernel, twrp touch enabled again.

Edit: Finally worked!! Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: indrajyoti_indra

googleygoggles

Dec 9, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Okay, installed this as my first custom ROM yesterday on a TMobile LG G8 after much pain and suffering (not because of the ROM, but bc of how hard it was to get TWRP working... I somehow triggered the kill switch even with no accts? Anyways...). Here's my experience after about a day or so of heavy use, I can say that it's pretty good.
Haven't tested NFC, but BT audio is working for me. Performance is smoother than stock but that may be partly because of the factory reset. Bank apps working for me... Really only a few things I'm having problems with.
The built in FM Radio app crashes for me 99% of the time, only worked once, for a few seconds. Not a big deal, never used it anyway.
Some phone calls I can't hear people, and I'm not sure if it's a ROM issue or not. I also noticed that calls are going over HSPA instead of LTE, so no VoLTE? Is that normal for custom ROMs?
Finally, my fingerprint reader just vanished sometime yesterday, with that whole chunk of settings disappeared. A few reboots later and it was working again as if nothing ever happened so also not sure if that was a ROM issue.

Not really a problem but the volume slide out when you press a Vol key is on the right side instead of the left where the Volume Rocker is... I'm assuming that's because that's where it is on Pixels? Just looks weird.

Overall I'm really liking it, and Android 12 is an absolutely wonderful upgrade when LG is failing to even provide Android 11.

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
Changelog:
10/31/2021
  • Fix Double tap to wake
11/01/2021:
  • Fix bluetooth
  • Add DAC back to Sounds settings
  • New changes from Arrow OS
Do you have the same issue as mine regarding no deep sleep and phone idle battery drain (1% in every 10-12 minutes) as mine? Is there a way to fix this battery drain issue for this ROM? Thank you.

googleygoggles

Dec 9, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Should I be concerned about this?
Screenshot_20211204-125551_Settings.png

Pukkaras

Apr 7, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
LG V50 ThinQ
Yeah I accidentally broke the bluetooth audio after making NFC changes. New build is uploaded. Please test bluetooth audio and NFC again.
Change logs:
- Fix bluetooth and NFC
- Make build enforcing. Now you can pass Safetynet without installing Magisk
- ArrowOS changes
I figured out the rest of my problems. Successfully installed the magisk through the sideload, figured out that the interlocutor had an echo problem (when I speak on the speakerphone - this is not related to the firmware, there is such a bug even on the pixels)

Please, explain how to update the system correctly. And in which version does the DAC and music through BT work?

Today I tried to update the previously installed version of Arrow-v12.0-alphaplus-UNOFFICIAL-20211121-GAPPS.zip to Arrow-v12.0-alphaplus-UNOFFICIAL-20211129-GAPPS.zip (the latter, judging by the date, posted on the link from the topic header ). I also flashed it through the sideload using the arrow recovery(i didn't do anything with slots this time). The update install button is not active so far, only a apply from sideload.
The installation seemed to be successful, I rebooted the phone, at status bar was a notification appeared for 1 minute with a request to wait for the update to complete. But the DAC is still not active, music via BT also does not work (but telephone conversations work). Or was it necessary to make a factory data before the update so that the DAC and BT began to work after the update?

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
Exactly the same issue. I asked the developer and waiting to hear back from him. Also, under battery management, there is no option for extensive battery saving. I think, this ROM is great but I may have to move away because of this abnormal battery drain during standby.
The system never goes to deep doze and always under light doze, no matter which sensor or permission is running.

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
I figured out the rest of my problems. Successfully installed the magisk through the sideload, figured out that the interlocutor had an echo problem (when I speak on the speakerphone - this is not related to the firmware, there is such a bug even on the pixels)

Please, explain how to update the system correctly. And in which version does the DAC and music through BT work?

Today I tried to update the previously installed version of Arrow-v12.0-alphaplus-UNOFFICIAL-20211121-GAPPS.zip to Arrow-v12.0-alphaplus-UNOFFICIAL-20211129-GAPPS.zip (the latter, judging by the date, posted on the link from the topic header ). I also flashed it through the sideload using the arrow recovery(i didn't do anything with slots this time). The update install button is not active so far, only a apply from sideload.
The installation seemed to be successful, I rebooted the phone, at status bar was a notification appeared for 1 minute with a request to wait for the update to complete. But the DAC is still not active, music via BT also does not work (but telephone conversations work). Or was it necessary to make a factory data before the update so that the DAC and BT began to work after the update?
Do a factory data reset and clean install the latest version uploaded by the developer. All is good except poor battery standby.

Reactions: Pukkaras

Pukkaras

Apr 7, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
LG V50 ThinQ
Today
Exactly the same issue. I asked the developer and waiting to hear back from him. Also, under battery management, there is no option for extensive battery saving. I think, this ROM is great but I may have to move away because of this abnormal battery drain during standby.
The system never goes to deep doze and always under light doze, no matter which sensor or permission is running.
this morning after sleep I checked the statistics of the battery in accubattery. it ate 9% (267mah) in 6 hours 30 minutes. Before going to bed, I closed all applications. I also turned on in the settings - for developers - to kill activites. not a very good function, as I understand it, this function closes the background processes of even recently launched applications, which is not very convenient, for example, when you type text in different applications, it may reset if it switches. Before I turned on this function, it consumed the charge even faster overnight. the most draining of the Lancher (quickstep)

Pukkaras

Apr 7, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
LG V50 ThinQ
i did made factory reset from arrow recovery, and then installed rom (from 20211129) using sideload, but DAC still not active. What else i should do, to correctly apply update?

As i understand - i cant downgrade to 20211104 version of this firmware, where BT and DAC working(as for people earliar said) . Only way - to flash stock .kdz using LGUP , and only then made all steps from scratch... Because there are no any other unofficial ROMs for alphaplus (lg g8 korean)

Last edited:

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
i did made factory reset from arrow recovery, and then installed rom (from 20211129) using sideload, but DAC still not active. What else i should do, to correctly apply update?

As i understand - i cant downgrade to 20211104 version of this firmware, where BT and DAC working(as for people earliar said) . Only way - to flash stock .kdz using LGUP , and only then made all steps from scratch... Because there are no any other unofficial ROMs for alphaplus (lg g8 korean)
How did you do the factory reset? Do it from the settings not from recovery. Ofcourse, you can downgrade from recovery using update function. It will warn you about the downgrade.

Pukkaras

Apr 7, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
LG V50 ThinQ
How did you do the factory reset? Do it from the settings not from recovery. Ofcourse, you can downgrade from recovery using update function. It will warn you about the downgrade.
So your DAC works? What firmware version do your have? Do you think the DAC may not work due to the fact that I do factory data reset through recovery, but not from the OS? something I doubt that there is a connection. Yes, I do factrory data reset in recovery.
Also downgrade does not work. Yes, the recovery checks the version and displays a dialog box with a suggestion to continue downgrading. I click continue, it tries to install and does not install as a result (failed in the end). When i reboot, the phone goes into bootloop and the solution - to roll up the latest version. DAC do not working in 20211122 and 20211129 version.

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
So your DAC works? What firmware version do your have? Do you think the DAC may not work due to the fact that I do factory data reset through recovery, but not from the OS? something I doubt that there is a connection. Yes, I do factrory data reset in recovery.
Also downgrade does not work. Yes, the recovery checks the version and displays a dialog box with a suggestion to continue downgrading. I click continue, it tries to install and does not install as a result (failed in the end). When i reboot, the phone goes into bootloop and the solution - to roll up the latest version. DAC do not working in 20211122 and 20211129 version.
Yes, DAC works for me in the latest version. Also, I can up or downgrade without a problem. I believe, your installation is corrupted. You might have done something wrong during firmware installation or slot changing. Try from scratch in this case.

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
Today

this morning after sleep I checked the statistics of the battery in accubattery. it ate 9% (267mah) in 6 hours 30 minutes. Before going to bed, I closed all applications. I also turned on in the settings - for developers - to kill activites. not a very good function, as I understand it, this function closes the background processes of even recently launched applications, which is not very convenient, for example, when you type text in different applications, it may reset if it switches. Before I turned on this function, it consumed the charge even faster overnight. the most draining of the Lancher (quickstep)
You are right. Naptime also can not save the battery drain in idle. The system never goes to deep sleep. Wakelock *alarm" is one of the major culprit. I think this Gapps version is not good.

googleygoggles

Dec 9, 2013
OnePlus 8T
A couple days Update on issues from my clean install:
-Phone randomly slows down to an absolute crawl sometimes for about 1 minute before going back to normal.
-Android Beam is totally broken
-Quad DAC toggle doesn't appear to do anything
-Experiencing videos consistently stuttering, freezing, and falling out of sync with audio across all platforms whether it's YouTube app, browser, reddit, etc. All videos.
-HDR videos in YT all have the wrong colors, everything is tinted orange.
-Battery drain and wakelocks higher than normal.
-Phone calls occur over HSPA instead of LTE on T-Mobile, which is weird bc that's supposedly not possible anymore, the calls still have an "HD Voice" icon so perhaps it's fine... I'm guessing VoLTE isn't possible anyways so oh well.
-Fingerprint reader almost never works. Entire settings page randomly disappeares, but may not be ROM related.
-Touch screen randomly stopped working once after my phone died completely, several reboot attempts finally made it work again. That's never happened before...

Although this ROM is pretty amazing, and when it works, is absolutely great, I have to try something else unfortunately :(

tj.kisilu

Sep 14, 2019
Could someone help me out please...i'm unable to install the zip file. I feel as if I have not clearly understood the step by step process once the ohone has been rooted. I have all the required files in place, but when I flash the ROM, it fails.

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
Could someone help me out please...i'm unable to install the zip file. I feel as if I have not clearly understood the step by step process once the ohone has been rooted. I have all the required files in place, but when I flash the ROM, it fails.
I believe, you have TWARP installed. Just flash the ZIP file from there. Do a full backup before that. Also, wipe data/ Factory reset after install and then reboot to system.

indrajyoti_indra

Aug 8, 2018
A couple days Update on issues from my clean install:
-Phone randomly slows down to an absolute crawl sometimes for about 1 minute before going back to normal.
-Android Beam is totally broken
-Quad DAC toggle doesn't appear to do anything
-Experiencing videos consistently stuttering, freezing, and falling out of sync with audio across all platforms whether it's YouTube app, browser, reddit, etc. All videos.
-HDR videos in YT all have the wrong colors, everything is tinted orange.
-Battery drain and wakelocks higher than normal.
-Phone calls occur over HSPA instead of LTE on T-Mobile, which is weird bc that's supposedly not possible anymore, the calls still have an "HD Voice" icon so perhaps it's fine... I'm guessing VoLTE isn't possible anyways so oh well.
-Fingerprint reader almost never works. Entire settings page randomly disappeares, but may not be ROM related.
-Touch screen randomly stopped working once after my phone died completely, several reboot attempts finally made it work again. That's never happened before...

Although this ROM is pretty amazing, and when it works, is absolutely great, I have to try something else unfortunately :(
I think your installation is not correct. Please follow all the steps posted by the Dev from the scratch. Also, do not activate google assistant from screen off.

Steven-Pham

Dec 8, 2021
LG G8
logo.png

ArrowOS

Code:
/*
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
* It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
* Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
* contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
* have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
*/

ABOUT
ArrowOS
is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Code Review: review.arrowos.net
E-mail: arrowos.contact
PayPal: Donate to us
Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
  • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
  • Sepolicy issues
  • You tell me
Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOAD (ONLY GAPPS VARIANT)

Guide for flash ROM:
  1. Boot TWRP
  2. Make backups
  3. Tap Install -> Select Rom zip
  4. Go to reboot menu -> Select opposite inactive Slot
  5. Reboot recovery
  6. Now in Arrow Recovery
  7. Factory reset
  8. Apply Update -> Flash Magisk if any
  9. Reboot system now

Read our blog article/post about:
* HOW-TO report a bug
* GAPPS and VANILLA variants
* Checking build integrity

GPL compliance:
ROM Source
- https://github.com/ArrowOS
Kernel Source- https://github.com/anht3889/android_kernel_lge_sm8150
Mod edit - translated by https://translate.google.com/:
-Need to improve the feature of forcing high fps in all cases, when I go to youtube to watch some videos, the fps of the rom drops from 60 to 30 (update 20211112).
- The latest version of alpham 20211130 has a problem with charging the battery (when plugged into the original charger, the battery will not turn on - when plugged into the computer, it will go up)
-Cần cải thiện tính năng ép buộc fps cao trong mọi trường hợp, khi tôi vào youtube xem có 1 số video , fps của rom giảm từ 60 xuống còn 30 ( bản update 20211122).
- Bản 20211130 mới nhất của alpham bị lỗi về vấn đề sạc pin ( cắm vào sạc gốc thì không lên pin - còn cắm vào máy tính thì lên vù vù)

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOAD (ONLY GAPPS VARIANT)

Guide for flash ROM:
    1. Boot TWRP
    2. Make backups
    3. Tap Install -> Select Rom zip
    4. Go to reboot menu -> Select opposite inactive Slot
    5. Reboot recovery
    6. Now in Arrow Recovery
    7. Factory reset
    8. Apply Update -> Flash Magisk if any
    9. Reboot system now

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source
    - https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- https://github.com/anht3889/android_kernel_lge_sm8150
    Hi all - first, about the download link, it is AndroidFileHost issue and I have no way to make it work. I just create MegaDrive account for new upcoming builds. The alphaplus test build is already uploaded into it.
    Second, perhaps my kernel is causing the issues. This weekend I will try to use kernel source from Markus (v50 dev) to see if these issues still happen or not.

If you guys still want to use my ROM, please be patient. I still have my own life and this rom was created for my personal use initially. Because there are no devs for G8, I decided to share it here and didn't expect any donation. I'm really new to Android rom development and ArrowOS is my very first rom which I have ever built.
    Happy new year all! New builds are uploaded into Megadrive: https://mega.nz/folder/iQFXCSAa#N_SqYZA1TptEJVyPVg5iXw

Michael Smirnov helps me to test alphaplus build and he says its battery is better now.
    Two new builds are uploaded. Don't expect battery draing is fixed. I'm still need to investigate it.
    I found the developer in the telegram channel https://t.me/v50thinq and asked him to update the latest firmware version. Here is the link, lets download, install and test))) https://mega.nz/folder/XEEVDCIR#QtlnMaX2mq9juB8GGyoUHw

Bluetooth music now works for me, DAC works too. The battery drain i began to be tested.
    The speaker with phoinecall is not working properly. The interlocutor hears himself during a telephone conversation. Ie noise reduction does not work. Check out how you are with that.

Otherwise, everything is perfect!